NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true too. lol

But new thread subtitle. I still feel that Ben came up big enough to stay up there, but no dirty Ravens jokes this time. Instead, I put a negative comment on Pey-Pey despite that I like him too. :P

I wouldn't call Suggs' hit cheap... It definitely wasn't intended to be a cheap shot or dirty hit but we've seen Lynch and many other backs break a pile and get a long gain and the whistle hadn't blown yet. Suggs hit him in the ass at any rate, not the legs, which hurts but it doesn't sideline you or tear a ligament. Kind of a lose lose situation there. If it were Bell then I doubt Suggs would do that, but Blount is a different story.

But a lot of stuff definitely went uncalled anyway... No amount of penalties excuse the horrific game our secondary had but holy lord some consistency, you don't let Brown get away with mugging and pushing webb down while you penalize smith for basically unintentionally grazing a Bengals safety. Mosley doesn't touch Bell much outside of 5 yards AND plays the ball (and makes legal contact within five yards) and that's dpi but a corner impedes Torrey's route and holds his arm and shirt causing a drop and that's not DPI. Ridiculous.

Some personal fouls were dumb personal fouls that I'm pissed at our team for but one of them was crap - the one on dumervil that should have been called on both sides and not just on Dumervil.

It wasn't replacement refs bad but this one was absolutely grating. We still made some very dumb penalties and letting players get open the way we did was awful. We basically shut down the run game and we couldn't put more guys into coverage?

And Ozzie needs to get Flacco some targets. Holy shit. No way in hell can Steve Smith be our only playmaker and we can't just keep feeding him and Daniels the ball because they're both old as fuck and one has been injury prone as of late (lord knows about Steve Smith).

Id take Mark Clayton over what we've got now.

Edited by Lord Raven

I've rewatched that play where Suggs hit Blount. He definitely hit his legs, not his ass. And the way that hit was done, I say again, Blount was lucky not to get hurt. I never said that Suggs intended to hurt him, I'm saying he made a dumb choice. He said that he didn't think Blount was going to go down unless he hit him low, but Blount was clearly already bottled up. The hit was completely unnecessary.

What the hell did Brown do that was wrong on his TD run? Pushing Webb down was perfectly legal, even down to his hand on his face. Brown used an OPEN HANDED hit, so there was no facemask grasp. Brown had already caught the pass too, whereas in Smith's case, he hadn't caught it yet.

Maybe there were some other missed calls on the Steelers, but I saw some that the Ravens should've had that went unchecked too. It happens, Lord Raven. You told me yourself that the refs don't see everything that we see. It's unfortunate, but I see this to be true now.

Edited by Anacybele

No it was towards the end of the game. Torrey's was ticky-tacky but it was irritating because Mosley put less on Bell and got called whereas Gay or whoever it was put more on Torrey and it was a no call. Irritating but somewhat understandable.

As for Blount being bottled up, so was Lynch and so were the other guys; he wasn't going down and broke one. I could very easily understand Suggs' decision, but I saw a replay and he clearly hit the hips or the ass. There's no replays, but I don't think people should label Suggs' hit as dirty when it made sense and wasn't with intention to injure so much as keep him bottled up (because he wasn't going down). The whistle isn't blown yet, either...

What the hell did Brown do that was wrong on his TD run? Pushing Webb down was perfectly legal, even down to his hand on his face. Brown used an OPEN HANDED hit, so there was no facemask grasp. Brown had already caught the pass too, whereas in Smith's case, he hadn't caught it yet.

Wasn't on the TD. You're mixing two sentences together. Letting Brown run free was egregious. There was a different play that only got a first down (not a TD run) where Brown pushed Webb down well past 5 yards down the field. It was actually very blatant and I don't believe for a second someone didn't see it. Game was already basically over at that point but I'm just in awe that they let him get away with that... and there was a pretty bad review on one of the calls (which is actually truly bad - if you still mess up the spot on the review then you've got issues) which woulda put them on 4th down -___-

Though we shot ourselves on the foot with a bunch of the other penalties. I'm just mad they kept kicking us while we were down late in the game.

But I'm mostly upset at our FO missing out on some of these WRs. Why did we draft Crockett Gillmore and Michael Campanaro if we're not going to use them? I can understand Campanaro this game because of injury but he's gotten all of four receptions. Why do we keep Aiken on the gameday if we don't ever use him as the possession guy we should be using him as? I'm satisfied with our first two rounds and other parts of our draft but I'm livid that we missed, over the years, Keenan Allen, Mohammed Sanu, Martavis Bryant, and Donte Moncrief. We couldn't have even made a move for Eric Decker instead of keeping Jacoby Jones? He was ineffective last year and he had more drops than receptions this year... Most importantly, why does Torrey look like he's given up everytime he runs a route?

Anyway, go Colts. Reggie Wayne is my second favorite WR of all time.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah, and the hips are part of the legs. They're not the ass. And even then, Suggs was VERY close to hitting the knees.

My mistake on the Brown scenario. You didn't exactly specify which play you were talking about though.

That one play where Ben was given a first down though, I agree that that was really iffy and might've been a bad call. It probably wouldn't have mattered in the end, but still.

"mark sanchez and the first place eagles, sentences you would never dream of saying"

oh my god hahahahaha gruden/tirico are the best

doesn't beat this one though:

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/10/jon-gruden-synonym

"Taught me a word called a synonym"

EDIT: It is ridiculous how much pressure other teams can get on Luck and he just torches them. Absolutely ridiculous. This dude is gonna be the #1 QB very, very soon.

Edited by Lord Raven

All right picks time:

Cleveland at Cincinnati- Browns offensive line has serious issues- their offense is looking more like people expected it to

Tennessee at Baltimore- Titans aren't very good, on the road etc.

Kansas City at Buffalo- Chiefs defense is actually very good and I think the Bills schedule has covered up some of their offensive issues

Miami at Detroit- Dolphins have been playing well, but #1 defense at home after a bye is tough to pick against even if the Lions can be wacky

San Francisco at New Orleans- Niners offense looks bad, Saints are still unbeaten at home

Pittsburgh at New York Jets- Jets just aren't very good

Dallas at Jacksonville- Cowboys should be able to manage this with Romo back- with Weeden this game could get interesting

Atlanta at Tampa Bay- I know the Falcons are bad on the road, but they're coming off a bye and I don't want to pick the Bucs

Denver at Oakland- Two teams I'm undefeated picking this season- still not picking the Raiders

St. Louis at Arizona- Rams have been able to surprise the Niners and Seahawks, but I still don't want to pick them here

New York Giants at Seattle- Seahawks don't look as good this season, but they should be able to beat struggling teams at home still

Chicago at Green Bay- Jay Cutler is bad against the Packers and the Bears are really bad against everyone this year honestly.

Carolina at Philadelphia- Even with Nick Foles out, Panthers have too many issues on both sides of the ball here

Agreed with all of the above except KC@Buffalo and Atlanta@Tampa Bay... I think Tampa Bay can pull off a win. Remember last year? Greg "The Asshole" Schiano kicked like two onside kicks in a blowout?

Also NYG@Seattle... I agree with your assessment but "should" isn't a word that describes Seattle....

Yeah, I don't think anyone can even use the Bucs game as an excuse to say the Jets have a chance against us. Imo, the Jets are even worse. The Bucs actually have a decent D and a decent QB. The Jets have...Percy Harvin. That's pretty much it. Plus, the Steelers just trashed three good teams in a row.

Edited by Anacybele

Jets have a monstrous defensive line and a very good set of receivers and backs. Eric Decker, Jeremy Kerley, Percy Harvin, and Chris Ivory are very very good players.

I'd take the Jets D over the Buccs D at any rate... Patriots were on a hot streak and they almost lost to the Jets.. wouldn't underestimate them. Still dont see them winning against Pittsburgh though but losing to the Jets isn't like losing to the Buccs.

I mean I could see the Falcons losing because they're not very good, but the huge blowout last time may indicate that the Falcons match up well (ok almost everyone matches up well against the Bucs but still).

I'm actually going to agree that losing to the Jets is a lot like losing the Bucs. The Jets are 1-8 and haven't won since Oakland Week 1, many of their losses have been by multiple scores etc. They're not even trending upwards because after a good game against the Patriots they give up 43 to the Bills and have no offense against the Chiefs. They suck.

If that's true, how is it that they're losing just about every game? And if I recall, the teams that are beating them get a nice number of points.

Cause they played arguably the toughest six game stretch of any team this season. They faced really good teams and didn't really stand a chance. And geno smith was a turnover machine.

True, both Smith AND Michael Vick were turning the ball over like crazy.

They're going against possibly the strongest offense in the league this Sunday too, so theoretically, the Steelers should blow these guys out of the water. Or should I say the sky? lol

True, both Smith AND Michael Vick were turning the ball over like crazy.

They're going against possibly the strongest offense in the league this Sunday too, so theoretically, the Steelers should blow these guys out of the water. Or should I say the sky? lol

Not gonna be a blowout. No offense raven but the jets defense I better than the ravens IMO. Not to mention Big Ben is gonna be on his ass half the game cause that front four. Also not the best offense in football. The broncos, bears, and pats are all better.

Randa have you watched the Bears this year? Our offense isn't playing like a top 10 offense let alone top 3.

look at the talent though. also no i havent really been able to get my live feed working till last week.

The Broncos also just got blown out big time. Ben has been outperforming even Brady and he (Ben) has a bunch of offensive weapons, including the best WR in the league and possibly the best RB.

Edited by Anacybele

The Broncos also just got blown out big time. Ben has been outperforming even Brady and he (Ben) has a bunch of offensive weapons, including the best WR in the league and possibly the best RB.

do you literally follow anything but the steelers. no way in hell is Antonio Brown the best receiver in the league. and also again no way is leveon bell the best back in the league. even injured nine people out of ten would still take Calvin Johnson or AJ Green over Brown. and trying to put bell in comparison with Murray who put up monstrous numbers and has, for the first time in eons, opened up the cowboys offensive playbook. hell marshawn lynch still is averaging 4.3 yards a carry with teams loading the box against him. in addition lynch has 4 more tds than bell in 20 less rushing attempts.

Do YOU pay any attention to the Steelers at all? Brown is leading the league in both receptions AND yards right now, (and even with competition now because Bryant, Wheaton, Miller, and even Bell) and he carved up two good defenses the past two weeks. Le'Veon Bell has put a dent in them as well, and he made fools out of the Carolina D back in week 3. I'm not arguing that they don't have competition, that's why I said possibly the best in Bell's case. But if they're not the best, then they're close to it.

I'm aware that AJ Green and Calvin Johnson are good too, but they're injury prone. They've both gotten hurt this season while Brown has stayed healthy. Has never missed a game in his career so far, I believe.

Oh, also, Bell is averaging 4.3 yards as well. Blount is averaging at least 5. And nobody says he's the best.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, Bell is averaging 4.7 and Blount is 4.4. Both are still higher than Lynch though.

Also, the reason Lynch has more rushing TDs is that Bell has also been playing WR. He's an all-around guy that can do anything Ben wants him to. Run the ball, catch the ball, block, you name it.

Edited by Anacybele

look at the talent though. also no i havent really been able to get my live feed working till last week.

The team is doing ok but they're nowhere close to living up to the hype.

@bold: hahaha no.

Antonio Brown is having the best season for WRs because he has Ben throwing to him and the elite WRs are/have been injured (Megatron, Green, to a lesser extent Marshall), are in an offense that is dominated by running (Bryant) or smoked weed (Gordon).

Also Murray, Charles, McCoy, Lynch and possibly Forte (I feel like I'm forgetting some RBs here) are all better than or as good as Bell.

Edited by Da Bear

Not gonna be a blowout. No offense raven but the jets defense I better than the ravens IMO. Not to mention Big Ben is gonna be on his ass half the game cause that front four. Also not the best offense in football. The broncos, bears, and pats are all better.

i think Ravens secondary is better than Jets secondary but they're both trash. difference is that Ravens secondary, once Jimmy Smith gets back (and he should be back in time for New Orleans), is pretty good with Smith/Hill and maybe a partially recovered Webb will look pretty decent, whereas Jets can apply the pressure they want but their one-on-one can't hold as easily. on paper, it looks favorable towards the Steelers, but i doubt they can keep that head full of steam going especially on the road where they don't have the benefit of making adjustments easier

Our run D is much better than the Jets run D, and the Jets is already pretty good. People pass because a) they can't run and b) our secondary sucks.

do you literally follow anything but the steelers.

there's a reason i have her on ignore and only see her posts occasionally, i don't mind talking about them all the time but i really despise them that much that i don't like to hear about them. I wouldn't even mind if she was fangirling over the Patriots because I hate them because of just how much respect I have for them, because both of us are the teams that Belichick envisioned while he was in Cleveland.

no way in hell is Antonio Brown the best receiver in the league. and also again no way is leveon bell the best back in the league. even injured nine people out of ten would still take Calvin Johnson or AJ Green over Brown. and trying to put bell in comparison with Murray who put up monstrous numbers and has, for the first time in eons, opened up the cowboys offensive playbook. hell marshawn lynch still is averaging 4.3 yards a carry with teams loading the box against him. in addition lynch has 4 more tds than bell in 20 less rushing attempts.

Bell may be one of the better all purpose guy but probably not the best runner... if Charles stays healthy and McCoy's OL gets their shit together they're definitely better than Bell. And Murray too. Forte's on his level. Lynch/Peterson (he's about to be reinstated)/Gore/Forsett/Foster/a bunch of other guys I can't think of off the top of my head are much better runners. Gore and Lynch are solid receivers and Lynch is a ridiculous pass blocker. He may be averaging less than other dudes but that's what you get when your OL is terrible and you have to truck like 4-5 defenders on every single play. That Pass O is fizzling out a little bit too considering they've lost Harvin and Tate; Baldwins doing admirably but I don't even know who they've got outside of that.

As for Brown, lol still Megatron/Demaryius Thomas/AJ Green/Julio Jones/Jordy Nelson/Golden Tate/Dez Bryant >> Antonio Brown. I'd even take Michael Floyd, Steve Smith Sr., Eric Decker, Sammy Watkins, Brandon Marshall/Alshon Jeffrey, Keenan Allen, Reggie Wayne, Josh Gordon and TY Hilton over Antonio Brown. Brown's having a good season because there are more weapons on that offense to cover and Brown gets open easier. players like Steve Smith Sr. are playing with an absolute mess at WR outside of him, and players like Allen are doing their job by diverting attention from Malcolm Floyd/Antonio Gates/Eddie Royal and letting them have explosive seasons. Stats aren't everything.

Broncos got blown out for a million reasons but anyone who was expecting a close game was probably kidding themselves... Pats would play them closer if the Pats were played in Denver but I dont think the Pats match up too well to the Broncos. Broncos also torched some pretty good teams effortlessly (Cardinals and 49ers) so I wouldnt put too much stock into one bad game against a Pats D and O that are torching everything.

Edited by Lord Raven

golden tate has something like the best hands in the league, hell of a lot of YAC, can run any route, and is an incredible blocker. If anything hes the most underrated WR in the league and the Detroit receiving corps is still pretty crappy when Megatron is down and he's getting open consistently. tate just hasnt been on a pass-favorable offense in the past two years.

Edited by Lord Raven