NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Yeah, perhaps.

Ben threw ANOTHER interception?! What the fuck, seriously? Throwing the ball isn't working against the secondary that allowed the most TD passes in the league? I really don't know what's going on here anymore...

Almost every drive now has ended in a turnover. This is the most pathetic game I've ever seen this team play. Not even week 2 or the loss to the Browns tops this bullshit. Those last three games were flukes. This team is not as good as their record shows. And they need to change this.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Rex Ryan Coaching © baby, I had a feeling that the Steelers would come down to earth. I guess those years in the AFCN prepared him for Roethlisberger.

I heard this somewhere else but is it true that Rex puts in linebackers to jam receivers at the line to help out the secondary? If so, that's really fucking clever, considering their top 3 starting corners are out for the season with injury. If the Jets fire him then he will get scooped up quickly - lots of people are predicting the Falcons as a landing spot.

Edited by Lord Raven

Then why did you say the Steelers would win? I'm pretty sure that was everyone's prediction.

And if Rex Ryan is SUCH a defensive genius, why was his defense giving up so many TDs before?

The fact of the matter is, Haley is an idiot, our D is ass, and the last three weeks were flukes. Big giant flukes that got us fans hyped and excited, only to be let down in the end. This is the most awful feeling I've ever had to have during an NFL season. It really hurts to see your team start doing so well, just to throw it all away like this.

I never said the Steelers would win, just that they should, but I did have thoughts of a Steeler meltdown... which is what i really hope every week even if my mind says otherwise

And if Rex Ryan is SUCH a defensive genius, why was his defense giving up so many TDs before?

Simple: they were up against the following teams

- Broncos

- Patriots

- Bills (who are doing well btw)

- Packers

- Lions

- Bears

- Chargers

and even the Patriots game, he had a brilliant gameplan that needed perfect execution and he didn't get perfect execution. They were well within reach on many of the above games, Bills/Chargers notwithstanding.

Their crappy secondary can't match those guys and most of them have better offensive lines than what the Steelers are fielding.

Edited by Lord Raven

Alright then, this is just proving my point. This team really isn't as good as the last three weeks were showing. They were flukes and this team is still as bad as I originally thought. Change needs to happen. Somewhere... I don't care where. It just needs to happen next season.

Note, I'm only saying this because they're losing against another bad team. If they were against the Patriots or Packers or something, I'd be saying that it's just a tough team and that the Steelers weren't quite ready for them after all. Not that they suck.

Another thing, all but one of their losses have been blowouts.

Edited by Anacybele

sexy rexy helping bmore from beyond the grave/mason dixon

Meanwhile Flacco threw the most perfect pass to Torrey Smith. He's actually doing work today.

Edited by Lord Raven

No, Haley is just making Rex look good. Notice how when the Steelers were mostly running the ball against the Jets, who you said yourself have a really good front seven. Why the fuck did Haley call this? He's stupid and was probably overconfident.

The Steelers couldn't even get a TD on 3rd and INCHES after the Jets got a couple penalties. Yet the offense HAS shown plenty of talent. This easily means that the coordinator is not doing something right at all.

And the other reason we're getting blown out is an injury riddled defense. The last three weeks, Haley just got really lucky. That's all.

In random Cardinals news. We just signed Palmer for three more years.

I like him as QB nothing like legendary but he's reliable, if he stays healthy I repeat, we hopefully won't have another year like 2012 ._.

It's a fair contract. 3 years and $50 million sounds like a lot, but all that's guaranteed is the first year and "only" $20.5 million. The Cardinals have team options after that, so they can bring him back if they want to. Considering that Palmer's much better than their other options (Stanton is a backup, Logan Thomas is raw, and the Cardinals will probably be picking too late in the first round to draft a great college QB even if they wanted to), it makes sense.

As for the Steelers playing down to their competition the numbers back that up: In the last 5 years, they're only 10-19 against the spread when they're favored by 5 points or more, which is the worst record in the league (among qualifying teams). I believe they're only favored by 4.5 points today, but that's in range. They really need to air it out more, even though their OL is having a rough time today.

EDIT: oh hey, an 80-yard touchdown. how bout that.

Edited by Emperor Dijon

Well, like I said, no matter what the problems are, change needs to happen somewhere. We can't have the team suddenly start wrecking every team they play, and then throw it away against a crappy one (quite literally too). It hurts the fans that got all hyped after the good games and makes us think we'll go on to lose to the Titans and whatever other bad teams are left on our schedule. The only bad team we've been able to beat is the Jags. But I bet that was a fluke too.

My stepdad calling me a "fair weather fan" isn't making me feel better either. Because I'm definitely not one. I don't even know what the hell that is, so how can I possibly be one?

And when the team loses like this, I'm always afraid I'm going to get made fun of by someone for it. I've seen how some fans can be towards others. It's really terrible.

Edited by Anacybele

Your dad's calling you a fair weather fan cause you are one. You're now saying the team needs to fire everyone (exaggerating obviously, huge overreaction) a week after sucking them off to no end.

Fair weather's tend to hype the team when they're good and poo poo the team when they're bad. They also threaten to stop following the team at some point, which you did.

urbandictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fair%20Weather%20Fan

I've seen a lot of Ravens fans who pissed me off because of last week because they were like "what a shitty team." That is fair weather.

No, Haley is just making Rex look good.

Rex is a very very good coordinator that does not focus on offense (he counts on them to play ball control and that's it) and he's been dealt a very bad hand. He's been doing remarkable for the past few seasons with the very little he's given. Almost beating the Patriots in New England like they did (if Folk's 58 yarder wasn't blocked, though he still had to make it) is very good. He also kept within 7 against Denver and last year they beat the Saints by controlling the ball and attacking the interior. And he's done all of this without a functional offense.

Believe me, I have seen Rex in his years in Baltimore, and the dude's defense, if they held just a tiny bit longer, would have been one of the two teams to have beaten the greatest single season for a team in the history of the NFL and the greatest offense of all time. This was without a healthy Chris McAlister, an injured secondary, and an offense/locker room that was collapsing.

If he gets fired I know exactly why the Jets will fire him. But he will get employed before he even hits the streets. Rex Ryan is one of the greatest defensive minds of our time.

Edited by Lord Raven

Your dad's calling you a fair weather fan cause you are one. You're now saying the team needs to fire everyone (exaggerating obviously, huge overreaction) a week after sucking them off to no end.

Fair weather's tend to hype the team when they're good and poo poo the team when they're bad. They also threaten to stop following the team at some point, which you did.

urbandictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fair%20Weather%20Fan

I've seen a lot of Ravens fans who pissed me off because of last week because they were like "what a shitty team." That is fair weather.

Rex is a very very good coordinator that does not focus on offense (he counts on them to play ball control and that's it) and he's been dealt a very bad hand. He's been doing remarkable for the past few seasons with the very little he's given. Almost beating the Patriots in New England like they did (if Folk's 58 yarder wasn't blocked, though he still had to make it) is very good. He also kept within 7 against Denver and last year they beat the Saints by controlling the ball and attacking the interior. And he's done all of this without a functional offense.

Believe me, I have seen Rex in his years in Baltimore, and the dude's defense, if they held just a tiny bit longer, would have been one of the two teams to have beaten the greatest single season for a team in the history of the NFL and the greatest offense of all time. This was without a healthy Chris McAlister, an injured secondary, and an offense/locker room that was collapsing.

If he gets fired I know exactly why the Jets will fire him. But he will get employed before he even hits the streets. Rex Ryan is one of the greatest defensive minds of our time.

No, I am not one. I never threatened to stop following the team. I don't know where you got that idea from. I DID say I was going to stop watching until next season, but that's it. That's not the same as saying that I'm giving up on them completely.

And I haven't been saying ANYTHING about firing anyone except Haley. Also, I had reason to hype the team the last few weeks... Every fan was hyping them. Not one was talking crap as far as I'd seen, they were all going "YEAH HERE COMEZ RING 7" and stuff. I was never expecting that much, but I did believe it was possible. Just not extremely likely. And now fans are saying they're tired of seeing the team lose to bad teams. Which I don't blame them for either.

Yes, I know Rex has a good defensive mind. But that doesn't mean he's impossible to beat. The last time the Steelers faced the Jets before today, it was an AFC Championship and the Steelers won.

Also, SEE HERE. WHY WAS THIS SO HARD TO DO IN THE BEGINNING? Not that every TD pass HAS to be 80 yards (because that's just plain nuts, no matter how you look at it), but why couldn't they scorch the secondary like this before?

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I had him and Ravens D instead :) Steve Smith only got me 3 points though. But 50 points over 3 players isn't bad right? (My WRs are bad today btw, Wheaton didn't do much for me and neither did Watkins/Steve Smith - shoulda put in Jace Amaro in flex instead of someone else). Hoping for some Brees/Ingram/Shayne Graham points though. My roster is basically all Ravens/Saints rn except for Markus Wheaton, Sammy Watkins, and Mychal Rivera (who should have a decent game), and I have Colston on the bench.

Also, Randa, what is your team name/picture?

Definitely starting Cardinals D against the fucking Saints though.

I DID say I was going to stop watching until next season, but that's it. That's not the same as saying that I'm giving up on them completely.

That's fair weather.

And I haven't been saying ANYTHING about firing anyone except Haley.

That's also fair weather. I thought Haley was doing good.

Also, SEE HERE. WHY WAS THIS SO HARD TO DO IN THE BEGINNING?

Coverages are different. Teams are likely to give up long drives and plays like that in garbage time than earlier in the game (though it seems to me the Jets can't play prevent for shit if that happened lmao). The play just wasn't there earlier in the game probably. Football is way more situational than that.

Yes, I know Rex has a good defensive mind. But that doesn't mean he's impossible to beat. The last time the Steelers faced the Jets before today, it was an AFC Championship and the Steelers won.

Last time was a year ago and you guys blew them out. Still doesn't mean much. Rex is amazing with apply pressure at many, many different angles and disguising his coverages like mad. It's possible that players that seemed open pre snap weren't open later due to disguises (I didn't watch the game) and his blitzing would mess everything up further. Edited by Lord Raven

That's fair weather.

Not according to your definition. Your definition says a fair weather fan gives up completely and starts cheering for a different team. I might cheer a little more for another team if they're in the playoffs when the Steelers aren't, but I've always remained a Steeler fan no matter how badly they do.

That's also fair weather. I thought Haley was doing good.

Yet you said just yesterday that he's not good. And if that's fair weather, then every Steeler fan is a fair weather fan because pretty much all of them, including Snoop Dogg, was saying Haley should go.

Coverages are different. Teams are likely to give up long drives and plays like that in garbage time than earlier in the game (though it seems to me the Jets can't play prevent for shit if that happened lmao). The play just wasn't there earlier in the game probably. Football is way more situational than that.

True, but it never stopped Ben from lugging long TD passes over and over the last two weeks throughout the whole 60 minutes.

Edited by Anacybele

Fair weather is what I am to the Orioles. I only really watch them when they're doing well, I don't watch them when they're not, and I root for them all the way regardless. With the Ravens, even in a lost season (which I guess last year was) I would never turn off the TV until the last second of the clock of Week 17 strikes zero.

Yet you said just yesterday that he's not good. And if that's fair weather, then every Steeler fan is a fair weather fan because pretty much all of them, including Snoop Dogg, was saying Haley should go.

Yeah, I never thought he was good, because I've experienced a worse coordinator than Haley in Baltimore. There's no reason to start praising a dude with a bad rap because he has two good games out of many where he's fucked it all up.

I also don't blame him for running the ball in away games. Running the ball is more effective on the road than at home, especially when you're up against a complicated Rex Ryan defense.

True, but it never stopped Ben from lugging long TD passes over and over the last two weeks throughout the whole 60 minutes.

I still don't know what happened with Pagano in the Colts game because they weren't generating the pressure I expected, but the Jets have more talent in the pass rush. As it stood, that talent and the disguises seems to have made the difference, because Colts corners in that game and Jets corners in this game were of equal quality.

"A fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well."

Oh, so you guys think I don't support my team when they're doing bad? That is just ridiculous. Just because I don't want to watch them play terribly doesn't mean I don't want to still support them. Seriously, what fan really wants to see their team play like crap all day? It's not fun at all. But I still show support by watching them again the next game and every season. And even when I walk away from the TV, half the time it's to try jinxing a comeback into happening, because more often than not, the Steelers start doing well as soon as I walk away. xP And when I walk away, I go to my computer and check up on the game every now and then at NFL.com. I don't just abandon the game entirely. I go back to the TV every now and then too.

Yeah, I never thought he was good, because I've experienced a worse coordinator than Haley in Baltimore. There's no reason to start praising a dude with a bad rap because he has two good games out of many where he's fucked it all up.

I also don't blame him for running the ball in away games. Running the ball is more effective on the road than at home, especially when you're up against a complicated Rex Ryan defense.

It didn't work today. Well, it did work a little, but turnovers killed everything.

I still don't know what happened with Pagano in the Colts game because they weren't generating the pressure I expected, but the Jets have more talent in the pass rush. As it stood, that talent and the disguises seems to have made the difference, because Colts corners in that game and Jets corners in this game were of equal quality.

I see. You're probably right then, the way you just explained this. I can understand a feeling like that too, I still have no idea what happened with Antonio Brown today. A guy that normally has great hands and stuff, giving up the ball twice in one game? Yeah, just...I don't know.

Edited by Anacybele

Seems like the problem wasn't that the Steelers couldn't move the ball, it's that they kept turning it over. They called 43 passes and 16 runs apparently, so I don't think blaming Haley for running the ball too much makes that much sense.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Yeah, the turnovers were definitely a huge problem. And not even really Ben's fault. His passes got tipped and this happens to even the best QBs. I've seen it happen to Rodgers and Brady. And then Ben didn't have anything to do with the other two, those were Antonio Brown.

So honestly, maybe this game was actually a fluke and the last three weeks weren't. But whatever the case, our D still needs a lot of help and I still think we need CBs, LBs, and safeties in the draft next year. We don't need anything for the offense unless Dri Archer gets the boot. Seriously.

Yeah, that could be the case too. Though they seemed consistent for three weeks, at least... So I guess it's an improvement there. Sort of.

I hope the team loads up on nothing but defense guys next year for the draft. We seem to lack depth here because the only defense guys on this team that were really talented are hurt. Except for Harrison. Kiesel is good, but he's not producing the way Harrison has been, so yeah. Jarvis Jones is using Harrison like a mentor of sorts, which is dandy and all (because Harrison is going back into retirement after this season. The team has to have someone that can pick up where he's leaving off), but we need more than this.

Edited by Anacybele

A few reactions to today's games

some snoop dogg vids:

http://instagram.com/p/vMSmGiP9Kc/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=photo&modal=true

http://instagram.com/p/vMUCEeP9LY/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=photo&modal=true

http://instagram.com/p/vMW9eiv9HY/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=photo&modal=true

The Harrison in the goalline thing reminds me of last year when we sent two backup OL on crossing patterns in the endzone. At least putting an OLB makes sense there considering what the Pats did with Vrabel, but backup OL? Jesus.

Also, Steve smith on Tennessee:

"I body-slammed him, so I think that's really a testament to their lack of strength and conditioning coach down in Tennessee," Smith said in the Ravens' locker room. "5-9, 194-pound guy body-slams their linebacker, man, he needs to get his weight up."

Big talk from a dude with like 4 receptions for 20 yards or so and a key drop. Still funny.