NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would tend to agree. If he was on a team with some offensive weapons to take the attention off him I think he would be putting up DeMarco Murrary/LeVeon Bell-esque numbers yard wise. Hell, he still manages to be a top RB three years running on a team that relies almost solely on him and a solid defense.

The Steelers haven't lost to any winning record teams except within their division. Just a tidbit there. The Chiefs are 8-6.

I still think that the Steelers have mostly solved the problems that caused them to lose to the Bucs and Jets though. The Saints, Ben was just inaccurate for some reason and then hurt his wrist, which further messed up his accuracy. That doesn't happen much AT all.

The Steelers haven't lost to any winning record teams except within their division. Just a tidbit there. The Chiefs are 8-6.

That's because the Steelers have only played 1 winning team outside their division. Playing the NFC and AFC Souths is fun.

btw I'd like to thank the Jaguars for helping the Titans maintain prime draft position. Whitehurst couldn't even throw a hail mary at the end because the line was overwhelmed by the Jags' 3-man rush. Hopefully the Colts have seeding on the line next week and don't rest all their starters.

Actually, the Panthers were 2-0 when the Steelers played them, so they count too. lol

Also, Ben now holds another record: the only QB this season to get FedEx Air Player of the Week four times. :awesome:

Edited by Anacybele

If Cincy loses out will they be 9-6-1? Which is worse than 10-6?

Yeah, so 2 Cincy losses and they're out if the Chiefs/Chargers/Bills win out (assuming the Ravens don't lose out).

Also, yeah the Steelers only have one loss to a winning team because they haven't played almost any winning teams. One of the easiest schedules in the league.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Yeah, so 2 Cincy losses and they're out if the Chiefs/Chargers/Bills win out (assuming the Ravens don't lose out).

Also, yeah the Steelers only have one loss to a winning team because they haven't played almost any winning teams. One of the easiest schedules in the league.

Yeah it's great so Chargers are definitely out with a lost, they own the tiebreaker against the Bills and if they win against the Chiefs next Sunday then they own their tiebreaker too. Absolutely wonderful.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Technically, even if the Chargers lose on Saturday they could catch a Ravens team that ends up 9-7. They would need Houston to lose vs Jax Week 17 and Miami and Buffalo to lose one of their next two. Not very likely obviously, but possible.

Technically, even if the Chargers lose on Saturday they could catch a Ravens team that ends up 9-7. They would need Houston to lose vs Jax Week 17 and Miami and Buffalo to lose one of their next two. Not very likely obviously, but possible.

Yup they just need to beat the Chiefs, but still I really can't see Ravens losing unless Flacco's receiving corps gets injured. iirc Texans are good against the run.

I'm relying on the Falcons to beat the Saints to have any hope of the Panthers making the playoffs (as I don't see the Bucs beating the Saints). Hopefully with Manziel starting for the Browns the Panthers won't have too much trouble and will be able to close out the season in Atlanta to make the playoffs. It sucks having to depend on the Saints losing, though. I had all but given up hope for the season until we blew the Saints out of the water in New Orleans. I would love to see the Panthers be the first team to win the NFC south two years in a row (even if they do it with a losing record).

All I can hope for besides the Steelers winning out and Pey-Pey's Broncos taking down the Bengals is Johnny Manziel somehow turning right around and playing a massive game against the Ravens. I don't see the Texans doing much to them unless JJ Watt is on the field all day making pick-sixes and fumble recoveries. They have too many QB issues and no other playmakers.

Edited by Anacybele

If flaccos receivers get injured there's a good chance we still win out

The difference between our starters and backups isn't very big

I thought Steve Smith was having like an amazing year or something...?

I never checked the stats but that was the narrative BSPN has been pushing.

Go look at his game splits. He's torching the NFC South - and that's kind of where it ends. He's made some good grabs, but he doesn't get open very quickly (which is important on hot reads) and he has a bunch of drops. Like, Flacco threw it accurately with perfect touch kind of drops.

I was never very high on the signing and I'm still not that high on it - I'm feeling better about it than I was before, but his age has definitely caught up to him in a way the statline doesn't show. For reference, we released Derrick Mason when he was Steve Smith's age.

Steve Smith is old and not really reliable. There's a reason the Panthers let him go. He wasn't producing enough for them. In fact, none of their previous receivers were from what I heard, and that's why they started over from scratch there and recruited new guys (Kelvin Benjamin the rookie, Jerricho Cotchery the former Steeler, etc.).

Edited by Anacybele

yeah, Steve Smith has 9 drops, which is tied for the most in the NFL according to this site: http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2014/

And most websites actually underestimate drops. He had way more than 9, considering he had 4 alone in the first half of season opener and at least 1-2 every game.

A lot of Panthers fans don't agree with Steve Smith being let go because the Panthers WR corps sucks ass.

Edited by Lord Raven

Steve Smith also clashed with the Panthers' new front office, although I'm not sure how much of a role that played in his release.

I don't know, but the guy sure wanted his revenge when the Ravens played the Panthers. He got it too. >.>

and with that fiasco by the eagles the lions are on their way to the palyoffs for the first time since 2011, which was also the last time the giants could be called even remotely good

Meanwhile Philly has a very tiny shot of reaching the playoffs.

I'd like to point out I am currently boarding a connecting flight in Houston while parading my Joe Flacco jersey. There's no such thing as too many bad tidings.

Lions are thanking the Skins, yup. lol

But it's nice to see new faces in the playoffs! It gets boring seeing the same teams there after awhile. I mean, you always see the Patriots and Packers and such. It'd be interesting if just once, these guys miss them...

Also, did you guys hear that Roger Goodell is going to add more wild card spots because it's very likely that the AFC North is going to send three teams to the playoffs? He's going to add one for each conference, so an extra two teams from both could be in. He's doing this so some teams who have good records can still get in. I mean, an NFC South team is going to be in and they all have losing records, while other teams who have winning records might still sit out.

Lord Raven, say your Ravens finish 11-5, but they get booted because the Chargers won or something. That doesn't sound fair when a losing NFC South team got in. This is what adding the wild card spots would fix. Just trying to explain as best as I can. I'm not good at explaining things sometimes...

Also, Super Cam-Cam is gonna be back versus the Browns. Yay. :awesome: SuperCam is his nickname now because of how he's been rushing and diving over the line for TDs.

Edited by Anacybele

There won't be any 11-5 teams missing the playoffs this year so eh. I don't remember there being a big fuss last year when the 8-7-1 Packers got in over the 10-6 Cardinals (probably because the Packers are highly regarded by the media and such).

Edited by -Cynthia-