NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

They were right to be negative. Your offense was playing like crap and your secondary had holes. I'm not surprised that the Steelers were hyped up instead, what with how they were surging so much. They just utterly failed to live up to those expectations, and they also were screwed by the refs once or twice.

No excuse for any of it. The Steelers should've been able to torch this team just like they did before. But I guess they're still an inconsistent mess that Tomlin just can't fix. I thought that BS was over, I really did.

Welcome to San Diego ^^!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to San Diego ^^!

Um...? What does a team not even in the playoffs have to do with anything?

Sorry if I sound a bit hostile, I'm not in a good mood right now. For multiple reasons.

Um...? What does a team not even in the playoffs have to do with anything?

Sorry if I sound a bit hostile, I'm not in a good mood right now. For multiple reasons.

Practically everything you listed is very San Diego-esque.

The Norv era pretty much got us ready for disappointment.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

They were right to be negative. Your offense was playing like crap and your secondary had holes. I'm not surprised that the Steelers were hyped up instead, what with how they were surging so much. They just utterly failed to live up to those expectations, and they also were screwed by the refs once or twice.

No excuse for any of it. The Steelers should've been able to torch this team just like they did before. But I guess they're still an inconsistent mess that Tomlin just can't fix. I thought that BS was over, I really did.

steelers offense wasn't any better. at least before i decided not not watch the rest of the second half.

also, not many here are nfc westers, and fewer still (i think only myself) root for the rams, so you're not alone in being a lonely fan haha

Yeah, the Steelers didn't play well at all today. Antonio Brown did torch the Ravens' D a few times, but that was it.

But they were playing very well before this, the Ravens were not. Le'Veon Bell was too much of a factor in our offense, and that's probably one thing that killed this team. They need to be able to function even if a good player is hurt.

Although, having Ben come back in after he got hurt was really stupid.

But not only am I upset at this loss, I'm also upset that Bell won't get to play in a playoff game yet and neither he nor Brown will still get the Super Bowl ring they deserve. They're all pro players that really should have a shot at one.

EDIT: Oh, also, my stepdad actually went to the game with his brothers and it was the first Steeler game he went to in YEARS. I'm upset that he had to watch them lose.

Edited by Anacybele

They were still on a winning streak and that defense was still shutting down very good RBs and generating turnovers. Tonight, our defense did none of that. Well, they did hold Forsett back every now and then and they sacked Flacco a couple times, but they were definitely not the defense that played the Chiefs, Falcons, and Bengals.

Another thing that caused this loss was a lot of penalties. They hadn't been so heavily penalized since that Bucs game. No excuse for it. Some Steeler fans are saying that there were a lot of missed calls on the Ravens, but I don't know at all if that's true and I have no evidence saying that this was or was not true.

What also annoys me is that some fans are now going "FIRE TOMLIN" and "BEN SUCKS" and shit. Uh, neither Tomlin nor Ben were getting those penalties, dropping those passes, or giving up those 3rd down plays. Ben DID make a couple of poor decisions, but he generally played pretty well until he got hurt. He caught the Ravens' D in a trap with an excellent pumpfake! He has to be the best pumpfaker I've ever seen. His teammates didn't do what they were supposed to. The o-line collapsed a few times, receivers dropped passes, and the defense went back to being the half-assed mess it was in the first half of the season.

I'm aware that the Ravens have a great defense. But the Steelers have already played other great defenses and still won, like the Chiefs' D. The Chiefs had the no. 2 pass defense and limited Bell (although he wasn't as limited as Jamaal Charles was)! So there was no excuse for them to play like trash tonight against the Ravens.

He wasn't playing too well when he got hurt, especially if you consider the secondary he was up against. He was pressured and couldn't step into his throws, with the only remarkable throw to Antonio Brown. In fact it should be a shock that our secondary held up and made all the tackles, because they haven't been able to do that all season. The four man rush got decent pressure on Ben and the blitz was the icing on the cake, and Ben didn't perform too well under pressure - Flacco was under duress too but performed considerably better. fyi Forsett didn't have an amazing game, a couple good runs but nothing massive like he normally gets us.

Alas if only Flacco threw a little higher to Brown and if only Torrey dragged his feet in the endzone it would've been further out of reach.

Wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh gave a "let's not have a repeat of last game guys, those penalties fucked us, let them go at it and not us" type of speech going into this game.

On to New England, at any rate.

Yeah, I just said that he was playing well UNTIL he got hurt. I never said he played well after that.

And Ben threw more good passes than that. He threw nice ones to Heath Miller, Martavis Bryant, and Markus Wheaton too. Also, he rushed for 16 yards in one play, and Ben is hardly a running QB. He even managed to dump a nice pass to Dri Archer of all players.

But the rest of the team still got penalized too much and was missing Bell's blocking skills. His running wouldn't have done much, but he still does wonders in blocking and catching passes.

EDIT: Although, I'm starting to really hate Ravens fans because they keep coming to the Steeler Facebook page and making fun of us. But then again, I'm sure every NFL fanbase has some fans like that...

Edited by Anacybele

I have respect for Ravens fans until I watched videos on them, a number of them seem like salty douches ;v.

Like this retard: "Where's LT?"

I should be asking "Where's Ray Rice?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uyG7sJ_aY4

OMG read the comments. ;v

But then I meet a lot of Ravens fan like Lord Raven for example, then I see them as an honorable fanbase.

I'm mixed.

Maybe I should comment >.>

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Baltimore is generally a friendly city, the majority of us are nowhere near that level. We do get very salty though, very salty, especially because the fanbase itself is kind of paranoid and feels like they've gotten the short end of the stick a lot, even in victory. Ravens just haven't been a likable team in our 19 years of existence (and yes this is despite our success), whereas Seattle just won a Super Bowl and its fans are pretty rabid afterwards.

Even as Ravens fans it gets painful to watch our games in a winning season, but the majority of us just truck on. Very few are vocal. It also doesn't help that our city gets a reputation as a city for thugs (thanks The Wire, even though we were the heroin capital of the world once upon a time!) so it's very likely to come across a lot of our negative stuff.

EDIT: Although, I'm starting to really hate Ravens fans because they keep coming to the Steeler Facebook page and making fun of us. But then again, I'm sure every NFL fanbase has some fans like that...

I thought all fans in sports did this? I mean it's quite common in Brazilian soccer.

Edited by Cerberus87

Yeah Steelers fans did that like hell earlier this season when we got crushed 43-23.

Even still, this win means a lot more to us than a lot of other playoff wins (save the 2012 run) - Steelers were 3-0 against us in playoffs (2-0 in the Harbaugh/Flacco era) and we finally beat them in Pittsburgh.

EDIT: Tomlin's a good coach and all but this was fucking irresponsible. I never cheer concussions no matter who it happens on, and I would never want anyone - even a star player - to go back in after a concussion protocol that just looked bad. If Tomlin gets fired for anything it should be this.

EDIT 2: I know I promised a full playoffs write up but that plan fell through. I will write something up on the Pats-Ravens rivalry though, that is probably one of biggest rivalries in football today that goes under the radar, and it goes much deeper than the fact that we're the only team that Brady has thrown more Ints than TDs against.

Edited by Lord Raven

Baltimore is generally a friendly city, the majority of us are nowhere near that level. We do get very salty though, very salty, especially because the fanbase itself is kind of paranoid and feels like they've gotten the short end of the stick a lot, even in victory. Ravens just haven't been a likable team in our 19 years of existence (and yes this is despite our success), whereas Seattle just won a Super Bowl and its fans are pretty rabid afterwards.

Even as Ravens fans it gets painful to watch our games in a winning season, but the majority of us just truck on. Very few are vocal. It also doesn't help that our city gets a reputation as a city for thugs (thanks The Wire, even though we were the heroin capital of the world once upon a time!) so it's very likely to come across a lot of our negative stuff.

There are a number of places in Baltimore you don't want to visit to be fair, but also a lot of friendly and interesting places. There's a very energetic atmosphere around the stadium on gameday. This is my personal experience from living in Baltimore city for two years.

Also, the Ravens played pretty badly against the Jaguars offensively and had a bad three quarters against the Browns as well. Interestingly enough, had the Steelers lost to the Chiefs or Texans the Ravens would never had made the playoffs in the first place.

Also, sorry Ana but I have to call this out:

But not only am I upset at this loss, I'm also upset that Bell won't get to play in a playoff game yet and neither he nor Brown will still get the Super Bowl ring they deserve. They're all pro players that really should have a shot at one.

Every player in the NFL is a pro player because they all get paid.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Do Patriots fans have anything really to worry about?

Their franchise has so much success.

They only mildly worried about the O-line problems at most.

Patriots fans exists? I thought they were just trendy, like the Miami Heat.

I think this SB is between Patriots and Packers. No idea if they can face each other before the SB, actually.

I like the Patriots because they're from Boston area, like the Celtics and the Red Sox.

Edited by Cerberus87

There's two other Pats fans in this thread as we speak.

The main thing the Pats have to worry about is OL this year, run game, and finally their rag tag group of WRs perennially.

Every player in the NFL is a pro player because they all get paid.

I meant that they're both insanely good and had excellent seasons. I almost want to call Le'Veon Bell a football GOD. Whenever he started making plays, you knew the Steelers won. He pretty much controlled the outcomes of some games himself (like vs Titans and vs Bengals part 1, for instance). This is why he was voted as our team MVP.

I've never been to Baltimore, so I can't comment there. I have been on a road trip through the western side of Maryland, but that's as close as I've come. And as a Steeler fan, I'd be wise NOT to go to Baltimore. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Bell today isn't as good as Faulk and Tomlinson in their prime or when they started and doesn't match Dickerson or old school RBs as a pure runner. One of the better RBs yes but not a football God. That's Joe Flacco.

Of course you're going to say one of your Ravens is a god. Fans of any team will say their best players are gods. I didn't call Bell one though, I said ALMOST wanted to.

Past RBs don't matter right now. Bell is clearly one of the best in the league today. He has competition only from DeMarco Murray and Marshawn Lynch, imo. Maybe Jamaal Charles too.

Man, Ben managed to cheer me up some. He said that he wishes he could apologize to everyone, the fans, his teammates, the coaching staff, the Rooneys, individually, even though he still put up simliar numbers to what he's been doing all season. Ben, keep being awesome.

Okay clearly Ana doesn't grasp the sarcastic "joe Flacco is elite" jokes after the millionth time I have to explain them but that's okay.

Charles Lynch and Murray are better especially when it comes to scoring and Lynch has a much worse OL to run behind. Point is that Bell isn't on their level and they were considered "gods" in their heyday. Literally Tomlinson could score on any given played (he still holds a scoring record) and Faulk was one of the biggest parts of one of the greatest offenses in NFL history.

Similar numbers though? Two picks?

Edited by Lord Raven