NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Troy Brown is just too much of a boss. He used his DB skills to great effect in that game

EDIT: Also I'm assuming one of the hypothetical rings comes from the 14-2 one-and-done? There were still 2 more games after that one for them to win so I donno bout that. Also can't figure out where the 3rd one is coming from

Edited by chococoke

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what the Marlon McCree thing was about. He's the one who picked off Brady with like a minute left on fourth down, but ran it back and fumbled it instead of taking a knee.

If he knocked it down, the Chargers win.

My other guess is the 2007 AFCCG, but the Patriots were far superior in that meeting, and Rivers had a torn ACL/Tomlinson had a torn MCL.

2004 riding on Brees.

2006 for obvious reasons.

2007 I felt could've been a possibility. But yes Rivers wasn't in best shape but it was only a FG away from an overtime.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Though the 2009 Chargers might make a better case than the 2004 Chargers when I think about it a little bit.

Kaeding missed like what? 3 field goals that day?

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Oh wait, was that the game where this gif came from?

18mg43us4n6j7gif.gif

Chargers were still the four seed though, keep that in mind. Far from the best team in 2004; the 2004 Patriots and Colts were miles above that Chargers team.

Edited by Lord Raven

Well it happened before you were born so i wouldnt worry too much

lol u triflin' son

EDIT: Also, the greatest moment in Chargers kicker history is Nick Novak peeing on live TV right before he went to go kick attempt a FG

Edited by chococoke

Bills should have had 4 rings...

Speaking of which, I'd rather be an XXX fan than a Bills fan when you look at the state of our message board. Nobody believes in EJ Manuel, Rex is hilarious, Doug Whaley is either a genius or an idiot and then one idiot wants to trade Kiko Alonzo, Marcell Darius AND Mario Williams for the the 1st overall pick so that we get Jameis Winston.

All this after our first +.500 season in a decade.

To be fair, every team has its share of idiots. Idiots just happen to make up 80-85% of the Patriots' fan base.

Heck, on Tuesday a guy called the weekly Pats radio show I listen to and said that the offensive line should be ignored, because if Tom Brady is getting pressured regularly each week then he'll learn how to manage the pressure by the end of the season and the playoffs. Sound logic

Ah the amount of people who want to fire Harbaugh and start Tyrod Taylor over Joe Flacco in Baltimore is hilarious

EDIT: It may not be as stupid as it sounds because there's a lot of Virginia Tech fans in the DMV (I think you can attest to this chococoke) but it's still pretty fucking ridiculous. Tyrod Taylor is basically a poor man's 34 year old Michael Vick.

Edited by Lord Raven

Ohhh yeah, Tech fans left and right. It's funny because Tyrod didn't even do that well at Tech, and couldn't even unseat statueman Sean Glennon as the starting QB. Any poor man version Mike Vick probably shouldn't be starting in the league.

Though I donno how any Ravens fans can actually not want Joe Flacco to start... have they watched the playoffs since Flacco came into the league?

I dunno if they know what it's even like to make the playoffs less than half the time, I swear they just saw the 2006 game and then took a year off in 2007 and 2008 they started watching again. They also think he's overpaid, even though the Ravens matched his market value, and he's why we can't sign people back etc

It's pretty crazy. They have some selective amnesia when he does poorly and stay silent when he does well. I've even heard random "we need Troy Smith back," some people said "I was hoping that Marc Bulger would revitalize his career and I wish we had benched Flacco" and the dumbest one was "Flacco is so greedy, can't spare a dime to Anquan Boldin who got his paycheck." Baltimore fans can be crazy. I don't think they even know what Ray Lewis or Ed Reed's positions are, yet celebrated them during the Super Bowl run.

Edited by Lord Raven

It's hilarious that market value for a decent QB (even non-championship winning wins) is around $20 mil a year. Patriots fans don't give Brady enough credit for having such an insanely team-friendly contract to allow for more cap space. Joey's contract certainly hurts the team in terms of cap hit, but he's sure as shit worth that money in the playoffs

It's pretty crazy. They have some selective amnesia when he does poorly and stay silent when he does well. I've even heard random "we need Troy Smith back," some people said "I was hoping that Marc Bulger would revitalize his career and I wish we had benched Flacco" and the dumbest one was "Flacco is so greedy, can't spare a dime to Anquan Boldin who got his paycheck." Baltimore fans can be crazy. I don't think they even know what Ray Lewis or Ed Reed's positions are, yet celebrated them during the Super Bowl run.

lolwow, Flacco never seemed like the greedy sort to me. He looks smug in that profile pic though. lol

And some Steelers fans were saying to get rid of Ben. looool, that won't ever happen until he retires in like four years. Big Ben is the greatest QB we've ever had. He's managed to equal or surpass Terry Bradshaw's records.

Edited by Anacybele

It's hilarious that market value for a decent QB (even non-championship winning wins) is around $20 mil a year. Patriots fans don't give Brady enough credit for having such an insanely team-friendly contract to allow for more cap space. Joey's contract certainly hurts the team in terms of cap hit, but he's sure as shit worth that money in the playoffs

Brady also has a wife that makes a lot more than him, whereas Joe's wife is a housewife. It's different when you're the breadwinner vs when you're not.

Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, and Cam Newton are about to be making as much or more than Matt Ryan. His contract will hurt the team less than everyone else's at some point. Also, Wilson's next contract is rumored to be fully guaranteed, so keep that in mind...

I think the other difference is that Manning and Brady know their value to the teams they play on, whereas other QBs need that value to be assigned to them. Also, Manning and Brady didn't get their second contracts in a time like right now. Compare to someone like Brees, who got his second contract on the Saints after 5 years of production as what was a pretty big gamble at the time.

Bills fans are generally whinny pessimistic little bitches, or waaaayyy too optimistic, but when it comes to talking about the rest of the league they are pretty level headed and spot-on.

After 6 months of living in New England I can safely say that Pats fans are terrible. Every one I have met is extremely arrogant and loves to just say stuff without any actual knowledge on a given topic. The other night a guy said that Drew Brees would go down as another Marino, (great Qb who never won a SB) and i had to correct him by telling him that Brees won a SB.

After Brady retires Pats fans are going to be lost.

After Brady retires Pats fans are going to be lost.

Not necessarily. I strongly believe Bill will remain at least a few years past Brady's retirement, in order to prove that he can win without Tom. Also, the team finished 11-5 when Brady missed the entire year (with Matt Cassell at the helm too, no less.) Obviously losing one of the greatest QBs ever will hurt, but it won't end the team

I think they'll be lost because they'll go from a top 5 team perennially that misses the wild card round to a team that might miss playoffs and might play in a wild card game. That'll actually lose you some fans or make them less vocal.

EDIT: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/49489/jets-free-agent-market-watch-michael-vick?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

lol, "his best bet may be the Baltimore Ravens."

BRUH

Edited by Lord Raven

1 week until the new league year starts. AND IT CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH

I'm pretty excited to see where this crop of free agents ends up signing. Also the Pats franchise tagged Gostkowski, so the top safety Devon McCourty will likely hit the market. I'm not okay with that

Jarret Johnsons gonna retire a Raven but I have an E&M exam coming up

I have no idea what the fucks gonna happen with free agency for us, we'll just take some vet who gets cut.

Andre Johnsons on the trading block.