NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Le'Veon Bell was way more important to this team than any of those guys you listed. He was just named team MVP and then for him to go down with an injury the way he did, it dealt the team a major blow. Losing him is like the Packers losing Aaron Rodgers or the Patriots losing Tom Brady or Gronk. If the Ravens had lost, say, Joe Flacco, then you'd have an argument. Besides, I was never saying that Bell was the sole reason for that loss. I'm saying that if even one member of the Killer B's goes down, it hurts a lot, pun not intended.

Also, we had other injuries besides Bell ourselves, you know.

Another thing, Bell does more than just run. He's the best all-around back in the league. He blocks, catches, and everything else too. Without his blocking skills, that hurt Ben's protection somewhat, and against a defense like the Ravens, you can't have that. He also lost one very viable receiver. So losing Bell is losing a runner, blocker, AND receiver all in one package.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Le'Veon Bell was way more important to this team than any of those guys you listed. He was just named team MVP and then for him to go down with an injury the way he did, it dealt the team a major blow. Losing him is like the Packers losing Aaron Rodgers or the Patriots losing Tom Brady or Gronk. If the Ravens had lost, say, Joe Flacco, then you'd have an argument. Besides, I was never saying that Bell was the sole reason for that loss. I'm saying that if even one member of the Killer B's goes down, it hurts a lot, pun not intended.

Another thing, Bell does more than just run. He's the best all-around back in the league. He blocks, catches, and everything else too. Without his blocking skills, that hurt Ben's protection somewhat, and against a defense like the Ravens, you can't have that. He also lost one very viable receiver. So losing Bell is losing a runner, blocker, AND receiver all in one package.

http://youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0

need i say more.

... I listed a bunch of top 5 guys that were injured. He's not even the best all around back... Losing two very good to elite players at tackle and changing your interior to fit a rookie is actually terrible. Look at the Saints and Patriots when their interior collapses. Edited by Lord Raven

Hell yeah, anybody remember a certain MNF game in Kansas City? There's a great example of how Tom Brady plays when his interior o-line is complete ass.

Fun fact: I had a friend that went to that game, Pats fan obviously. By the end of the game Chiefs fans were buying him beers, and consoling him because "his team sucks now."

Midwesterners are kind to a fault

He's not even the best all around back...

Sorry, a lot of people would disagree with you. And like I said, I'm not solely blaming Bell's injury for that loss. Other people fucked up too, and I knew signing Ben Tate was a stupidass decision from the start. He was already kicked off the Browns and Vikings in the same season, what the hell did Tomlin expect him to do for the Steelers in BELL'S place?

And then there's our poor defense. But overall, I honestly can't say what happened when this team was totally capable of crushing your team back in week 9.

A lot of people actually would agree with me! I think most of this thread would say Lynch, Charles, and McCoy are better.

count me as people agreeing. also i would arian foster to that list. the people saying bell is the best back, all purpose or otherwise, are mostly in the media or fans of the team. and we all know how objective the media is on these matters.

i think raven gets it, but ana, stating that disagreement exists says nothing.

lots of people still think the world is flat, doesn't make them any less wrong. bell is good, sure, but he's no rodgers or brady haha

Guess we'll just have to disagree on a lot of people agreeing with you then. I stick by what I think and that's that.

Bell is excellent. Not just good. I also don't think it's fair to compare his skills to those of Rodgers or Brady. He's not a QB like they are.

Edited by Anacybele

Ravens just traded Haloti Ngata for a 4th, 5th and 8.5m in cap space. Suggs restructured for another 2.25 million.

That's sad but it was necessary. I think his four game suspension this year and our run stopping and pass rushing not taking a hit was the writing on the wall. Flacco is now our highest paid player.

Webb is next.

I'm not gonna lie, I thought he'd get cut, so getting two picks and 8.5 million in cap space is a boon. I think the Ravens have like 11-12 picks in the draft right now or something. Meaning you'll be seeing some nobodies that become superstars for a year then some team gives them a massive contract in like four years.

EDIT:

Round 1 (26)

Round 2 (26)

Round 3 (26)

Round 4 (23) (from Lions)

Round 4 (26)

Round 4 (34)

Round 5 (22) (from Lions)

Round 5 (34)

Round 6 (28)

Round 6 (34)

Round 7 (34)

Edited by Lord Raven

Ugh, Ngata was trouble even for my Steelers' offense. Glad we won't be seeing him in vs Ravens games anymore. Ben did manage to make a fool of him once with a clever as hell pumpfake though. Wish that could've happened more often. xP I love seeing Big Ben pumpfakes. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, like I said, he gave our offense trouble. Also, even Brady and Rodgers have thrown interceptions, you know. Flacco has thrown interceptions as well, even to our own shoddy defense. He tried to throw the ball away, but NOPE Jason Worilds was there!

And Ngata isn't the only defense guy to pick off the same QB twice over the season. Brice McCain picked off Andy Dalton twice. In the same game no less.

Edited by Anacybele

Ugh, Ngata was trouble even for my Steelers' offense. Glad we won't be seeing him in vs Ravens games anymore. Ben did manage to make a fool of him once with a clever as hell pumpfake though. Wish that could've happened more often. xP I love seeing Big Ben pumpfakes. lol

Yeah, now he's in our division. Thanks a lot, Ravens : [

Edited by Bullwine85

I'd love to say that boosts my confidence in my Steelers facing them (because come on, Steelers receivers vs a bad secondary? lol), but that Jets game happened where everybody thought Ben would get a third 6 TD game in a row. ._.

Also, the Lions got Ngata? Welp, they're not going to miss Suh, methinks.

Edited by Anacybele

NO. Polamalu is going to retire a Steeler. No way he'd go to another team! Kiesel is probably retiring too. He also seems like he wants to retire a Steeler.

That's what we all said about Ed Reed and Haloti Ngata.

Welp. At least Reed got to play with Papa Rex again. Maybe Polamalu to the Titans?

EDIT: Also the Lions have become the NFC Ravens. Caldwell and Austin were all guys that peaked in Baltimore, and then there's random other dudes like James Ihedigbo and Haloti Ngata joining their ranks. Watch, they'll get Ed Reed soon.

Edited by Lord Raven