NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not aware there was an argument going on? Our guys right now are better than our guys when we played Pittsburgh or Cincy #2. Jimmy Smith is out, but when Jimmy was in we were without Will Hill due to suspension or holding him back so he could get back into the groove of things. And he's back, and we finally held a below average QB to below 250 yards passing (like 100 yards if I'm recalling right, with a pick at the end to seal it - normally we'd give up like 250 yards passing to people like Mike Glennon)... meanwhile Mettenberger scored 2 TDs and allowed the Titans to score 27 points in a crowd that was 1/2 steelers fans.

EDIT: it was 180 and most of it was in the first quarter

Edited by Lord Raven

:facepalm:

Sounds to me like you just can't come up with a better argument. But I'm not complaining.

What argument are you talking about.

Also I fully expect the pats to lose this week I don't like the match up against Detroit. It's like facing a jets team with all the upside and not as much dysfunctionality in the front office. And since we struggle against the actual jets I expect to lose to a better version of the jets.

1:42 left in the game and chiefs need a touchdown. Either the Raiders go 1-15 or somehow the Chiefs get a WR touchdown. With that return... only 60 yards in 1:35 is definitely manageable.

Game over. Raiders will probably go 1-15 or 2-14 (I can see them beating the niners) but we won't see another 08 Lions travesty.

Definitely a huge impact to the wild card race, and the chiefs chances of taking the division.

Edited by Lord Raven

That's one of the Browns' alternate logos (teams generally have a bunch of them). My favorite part is that of the Cardinals' league-leading 9 wins, the one being shown is their win against the Raiders.

Speaking of the Raiders, ICYMI, here they are celebrating well behind the line of scrimmage in a hurry-up situation

The Raiders also got called for 3 penalties on one play last night, which I hadn't seen before.

Edited by Emperor Dijon

I honestly have no idea what to expect from the Pats-Lions game. On the one hand, NE is almost unbeatable at home, but on the other, our offense is due to explode any game now. Apparently Joe Lombardi is cutting out aobut 20% of the playbook to simplify his ridiculous offense. This should accelerate the learning curve for the entire offense, especially the tight ends. Also, I have no idea what happened to our O-line, which was tops in the league last season

Come on, Texans and Falcons! The Steelers need you guys to win!! These games are close, y'all can still do this!

But am I glad that the Browns, Bengals, AND Ravens are all playing away from home.

Edited by Anacybele

Odd season Chargers win by interception.

Tom Telesco better re-sign Brandon Flowers. That man is a beast.

I think Chargers can win against the Ravens, though I don't trust Shareece Wright to match up well with Steve Smith, nor do I think Flowers can keep up. Also Ravens are home. This is one of those times where I wish Verrett wasn't in IR. At least Ravens have short week which makes this a near even game.

I think for the game

Chargers X-factor: Antonio Gates.

Ravens have an amazing secondary but they have tackling problems... So I can forsee Antonio Gates being one of the tougher Tight Ends to take down.

Ravens X-factor: Lorenzo Taliaferro.

Taliaferro is a good runner for Kubiak's offensive plans, Chargers had problems with Mason in the Rams game, so if this guy is in top on that day it'll be a long day.

Our true X-Factor is Kyle Jucyzcyk if we incorporate more screens and stuff to him in the offense... he's a fullback/tight end hybrid.

EDIT:

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS ARE OFFICIALLY ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS

TENNESSEE TITANS ARE OFFICIALLY ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS

Other teams close to elimination:

St. Louis Rams

New York Giants

New York Jets

Chicago Bears

Minnesota Vikings

Washington Redskins

Crazy fact: Buccs are only two games behind in their division, still, despite having the same record as the Titans.

Edited by Lord Raven

Damn it, Falcons... You were so close. -_-

Houston couldn't take out Cincy either. The Steelers are going to have win like every single remaining game at this point because this division is being so hard. Ugh... But even if they don't make the playoffs...they had a much better season than last year, and that gives us fans hope for next season.

Edited by Anacybele

I think if the Pats win one more game then the Jets are officially eliminated from winning the division. Theoretically if the Bills/Dolphins don't hit 8 wins, Patriots lose out, and the Jets win out then they could leapfrog the Patriots.

I also think if the Jets lose tomorrow they're eliminated too.

EDIT: Specifically this needs to happen:

NYJ is eliminated from AFC East title contention with:

- NYJ loss/tie

- NE win/tie

NYJ is eliminated from the playoffs with:

- NYJ loss + CLE win

- NYJ loss + SD win

- NYJ loss + MIA win

- NYJ loss + BAL win

- NYJ loss + CLE tie + SD tie

- NYJ loss + CLE tie + MIA tie

- NYJ loss + CLE tie + BAL tie

- NYJ loss + SD tie + MIA tie

- NYJ loss + SD tie + BAL tie

- NYJ loss + MIA tie + BAL tie

- NYJ tie + MIA win/tie + SD win/tie + BAL win

- NYJ tie + MIA win/tie + SD win/tie + CLE win

- NYJ tie + MIA win/tie + BAL win + CLE win

- NYJ tie + SD win/tie + BAL win + CLE win

So they can no longer win the division. Cleveland/SD won their games so a loss tomorrow eliminates them from playoffs officially. A win keeps them in the wild card.

EDIT 2: And if you want to see the NFC East;

DAL, PHI cannot be eliminated from NFC East title contention this week, and thus cannot be eliminated from playoffs this week.

NYG is eliminated from NFC East title contention with:

- NYG loss

- NYG tie + PHI win/tie

NYG is eliminated from the playoffs with:

- NYG loss + DET win + GB win + PHI win + SF win + SEA win/tie

- NYG loss + DET win + GB win + PHI win + SF tie + SEA win

- NYG loss + DET win + GB win + PHI tie + SF win + SEA win

WAS is eliminated from NFC East title contention with:

- WAS loss + PHI win/tie

- WAS loss + DAL win/tie

- WAS tie + DAL win + PHI win/tie

- WAS tie + DAL tie + PHI win

WAS cannot be eliminated from the playoffs this week.

That tiebreaker over Dallas is telling.

At any rate, we've seen some weird shit in this league. See: Young, Vince (though Tennessee didn't make the playoffs that year).

LAST EDIT:

NEW YORK GIANTS ARE OFFICIALLY ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS.

The entire league can breath a sigh of relief. No more Eli bullshit in the playoffs.

Edited by Lord Raven

Saints and Ravens play tonight. Go Saints! PLEASE win! Especially since you're at home... Steelers could use a LITTLE comfort here what with the Browns and Bengals breathing down their necks.

Edited by Anacybele

Jarvis Jones returned to practice! This is good, though only a small comfort. Our defense needs like everybody back. It's been so fragile without the bunch of injured guys, though even with them it still wasn't the greatest. But they were able to hold up well enough as shown in weeks 8 and 9. And they actually didn't have Jones, Ryan Shazier, or Ike Taylor then.

The reason must be Dick LeBeau magic though, I swear some of those guys are still legitimately awful.

Edited by Anacybele

Watch this happen during the Chargers v Ravens game.

I miss that whole season :'( It's very sad how we only have like 10 players left from that Super Bowl run and like maybe 6 starters... off the top of my head, the guys starting for us in that playoff run still starting for us;

QB Joe Flacco

RG Marshall Yanda

LG Kelechi Osemele

WR Torrey Smith

OLB/DE Terrell Suggs

DE/DT/NT Haloti Ngata

PR/KR Jacoby Jones

K Justin Tucker

P Sam Koch

TE Dennis Pitta and LS Morgan Cox are both on IR. I really don't have high standards for our current team until maybe next year, when a bunch of our players are healthy again and they get another year with each other.

But damn Ray Rice dragged those guys like his fiance. (sorry)

Not cool. Edited by Lord Raven