How do you Increase the 60 HP cap? (FE8)

TytoCorvus

Basically what the title says. I'm getting pretty good with Nightmare and FEditor but can't find a place where the hard cap for the HP of the units on your team can be changed. I've tried increasing the cap for Max HP of a class but that doesn't seem to work, or if it does, it glitches out and the displayed health both on the information window and in battle doesn't display correctly.

Also on another note, is there a way to change what items the phantoms have when you summon them? I've checked all of the modules and can only seem to change their class and stats with Nightmare.

The Phantom Inventory editor was just what i was looking for, thank you!

The HP cap editing stuff makes sense too, but the problem is i can't find the offsets to change in the ROM. Every link to a file or image in that thread that would tell me what to change or where to find it is out of date or doesn't seem to work. One of the people in that thread mentioned a doc in Xeld's FEditor that mentions where the offset is but i can't seem to find it. Also mentioned in the thread was a location in the FE8 ROM to change the cap ( offset: 0x802BF64) at which i did find a 3C value, but upon changing it to 50 (80 HP, in theory) then saving and loading my ROM nothing changed.

what exactly do you mean when you say that you reload and nothing changes? if you're just reloading a resume state where hp has already been reset to 60 it won't actually fix itself because, as you may have realized, the hp value is now 60 (instead of whatever it's supposed to be)

When i say that i mean I have gone into the ROM and edited the value at the suggested offset, then i started a new game in that same ROM after having set Seth's base HP value to be larger than 60 when added to the base HP of the Paladin Class. When I started the game, Seth had 60 HP.

Edited by TytoCorvus

a doc in

The only application called anything similar to "FEditor" is by a guy name Hextator and I have it on good authority that he doesn't like having his work mis-attributed.

The only application called anything similar to "FEditor" is by a guy name Hextator and I have it on good authority that he doesn't like having his work mis-attributed.

Understandably so, i apologize. I was merely paraphrasing what someone said in the thread that was linked earlier, in which someone said

"More than likely it's in Xeld's doc, check it out the FE hacking folder"

when asked where one could find the offsets necessary in FE8. I've used FEditor for a while and am familiar with the program, but when i look inside all of the folders i don't see anything in particular that would be helpful. All search results for a Fire Emblem Editor by Xeld turn up downloads that are out of date and no longer work, or just lead me to the FEditor that i already posess. :\

Well you're welcome to check Hextator's Doc, which is aptly named (because it is by him), which is linked to in my signature.

[spoiler=Cap Editing]

//////////////////////////////
HP Cap

0x080181EE - Change to 1C11 (11 1C) to allow HP over 60 during transitions of unit data

0x0802BF4C - Byte of max HP allowed during level ups (changing doesn't work?)
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Ctrl + G the Yellow part in HxD then Past the offset >>Follow the instruction.

In FEditor Adv > doc > Game Documentation > 8 - Sacred Stones > Stats > Cap Editing.txt

I did exactly what this tells you to do. Setting the Byte of HP max at 50 ( 80 in Hex ) Then Modified the angelic robe's bonus up to 50 HP

I used it in game and it works perfectly. Kept playing few chapter and everything still works.

710783Hpcap.png

Hope It helps.

Edited by Solum

That's perfect!

I've been having issues getting that doc (in my FEditor it's just a text file with dropbox links that turn up 404 errors) but this completely fixes the issue.

After testing, units reach 80 health and will reach 61+ through level ups.

Thank you very much for all the help!

Wow I didn't even remember that I hacked that

good thing I write everything down in obvious places

Edited by Kaname

• 3 years later...
On 5/6/2014 at 12:28 PM, Solum said:

[spoiler=Cap Editing]

//////////////////////////////
HP Cap

0x080181EE - Change to 1C11 (11 1C) to allow HP over 60 during transitions of unit data

0x0802BF4C - Byte of max HP allowed during level ups (changing doesn't work?)
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Ctrl + G the Yellow part in HxD then Past the offset >>Follow the instruction.

In FEditor Adv > doc > Game Documentation > 8 - Sacred Stones > Stats > Cap Editing.txt

I did exactly what this tells you to do. Setting the Byte of HP max at 50 ( 80 in Hex ) Then Modified the angelic robe's bonus up to 50 HP

I used it in game and it works perfectly. Kept playing few chapter and everything still works.

710783Hpcap.png

Hope It helps.

Hey could you explain more in detail on how to increase the hp on febuilder.  I cant find the doc file or item in the software/ game documentation if you could explain where that was at more id love that :)

• 1 month later...