Frederick's Family Playthrough

You're grinding too?

I ask again. Why isn't this hard mode? It doesn't matter if this is even lunatic mode, if you're grinding, no matter how bad you are at FE, you will be able to beat it. This is going to be an INCREDIBLY easy run even on hard.

You're grinding too?

I ask again. Why isn't this hard mode? It doesn't matter if this is even lunatic mode, if you're grinding, no matter how bad you are at FE, you will be able to beat it. This is going to be an INCREDIBLY easy run even on hard.

Those first chapters can be too much for many people in lunatic. Also, if she's grinding on normal, playing on higher difficulties would only have her do more grinding.

Why was this even a discussion that needed to be had? The game is going to get curbstomped, end of story, there's no point in talking about it anymore, and there wasn't much point in talking about it in the first place.

Edited by Emerald Ink

Why was this even a discussion that needed to be had? The game is going to get curbstomped, end of story, there's no point in talking about it anymore, and there wasn't much point in talking about it in the first place.

fL1Q6.gif

Can you be any more unnecessarily bitchy? If she wants to talk about her run, she is entitled to do so.

That's true, but the discussion stopped having any real merit once it was pointed out that every one of those individual units that's getting used is perfectly capable of roflstomping the game on their own, especially since all the discussion about how well it would/n't work on hard or lunatic is completely moot.

Yeah, Awakening is definitely forgiving enough for a silly run like this.

Plotting out skill paths is even probably overkill. Your party might even be able to do it on the first class/reclass.

If you really want to be silly with it you could make all your dudes DFs and all your girls Brides haha.

Heck, this kind of makes me want to do like a Wyvern run or something.

Edited by BANRYU

I know Dread Fighter has to get to lv. 30 to be able to reclass back to a promoted class. And I currently have Freddy at lv. 26 Dread Fighter in my first file, so that's definitely doable with some grinding and Paragon.

Veteran becomes useless after a certain point because it only increases exp gain when paired with another unit. So that one's out as soon as it fulfills its purpose.

I know what Morgan starts as and how he would need to get Galeforce, I just played through the game. xP But which class line is Solidarity in again?

I don't like Paladins nearly as much as Great Knights in this game, so I don't want any of those. The only reason I make anyone a Paladin is for Aegis, then I get them out of it asap. xP

Why won't four promoted classes work so well? Reeking Boxes and money are easy as hell to get on Normal mode. I'm swimming in gold in my first file right now.

Well, I loved how my Bow Knight Inigo started destroying everything in his path with just bronze and iron bows, and Severa sometimes turns out even better than him, I hear, so I'm sticking with Bow Knight. I'll have Severa inherit Swordfaire since that would take longer to get leveling up than Luna.

You asked for advice, I gave you mine and you're free to take it or leave it. Things will go easier for you if you take it, though.

Solidarity is Tactician 10. Going through 4 promoted classes when other characters are going through ~2 will create a big gap between the stats of certain characters, resulting in some of them being glory hogs and others underperforming. You could just grind everyone up equally, but then stuff will die if you so much as look at it and all those skills will be useless because your units are so strong.

A general rule of thumb in Awakening (especially on easier difficulties) is that even the stuff that's considered "bad" (like Bow Knight) is actually really strong and is only bad when you compare it's maximum potential to that of other classes. BK and Hero will both destroy stuff, Hero will just destroy it a little harder.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi