Resistance VI: Avalon (Assassination - Resistance 3-1 Spies)

Tables

I feel like Rein's most likely to be resistance out of the people who have been proposed on to mission's so far- there's no reason to veto a proposal you're on, especially if you're a spy, when you can just lurk, get a yes, and sab it.

One scum and One res on the two man mission was more likely, meaning FFM agreeing to your proposal makes no sesne FHPOV if he was resistance, considering that it would GUARANTEE a spy in your proposal, Eury. There's literally no reason to assume that two scum were in Mission 1, so if he's actually resistance, he's throwing down his vote like an idiot.

Yeah sure everyone hasn't voted yet but there's literally no reason to post in-thread agreeing to that proposal.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your reasoning is dumb because FFM could have said that regardless of whether the mission had all resistance or not; it only holds water if this mission does in fact fail. Let's say that the mission does fail, what then? Scum would be shooting themselves in the foot because the entire scumteam would be between me, Eurykins, Kopfjager, Kay, and FFM (Rein could technically be scum by this reasoning, but I don't think scum would've drawn suspicion on what could be another very easy sabatoge); one confirmed town and the closest thing to that is not going to do the scum team any good, wouldn't you say?

Wait I need to get something clear here.

Does the scum need 2 fails to fail a 3-man mission, or do they just need one? Depending on which is the case, we really need to worry more about member choice...

(I'm assuming that for 2-man missions 1 scum is enough given the failure of mission 1, and that for 4-man missions, 2 scums minimum based on that., Not sure on 3-man and 5-mans).

That said, yeah, Frosty is really giving me some scum!vibes at the moment...

Resistance want wins and successes, not more failures. We're at 0 and do you really want to see the spies have 2 victories over us so early? I mean, even if it is an easy sab, we have another three man mission left, and then it would be one of you/Eury, Kop/Kay and FFM as the scumteam. That's actually DANGEROUS for the resistance, so I can't really see resistance intent in Frosty's actions.

Exactly. Keep in mind that Resistance needs to succeed three missions AND keep Merlin alive to win, while the scum just needs to fail three missions OR kill Merlin to win.

They can win two different want, we can only win one way. Don't make it easier for them to win.

I didn't say there was any resistance intent in FFM's actions...My point is you're assuming that he's a Dumb Spy (saying looks good to me has no benefits to the spies if there was one on the current team) over a Not Dumb Spy (in which case saying that does have benefit because it casts doubt on an all resistance team, which is what I'm inclined to believe ATM).

why is Baldrick making a post out of all people lol (don't tell me this is an 8 man game and i forgot someone)

Ofc there are benefits

His spy buddy is on the team and can sab, what else lol.

And FFM isn't experienced enough for games like Mafia and Resistance to know what moves are good and what aren't. I can expect a dumb spy play.

There's no benefit to saying "looks good to me" and you know it. At this point, you're just being deliberately obstinate.

And FFM isn't experienced enough for games like Mafia and Resistance to know what moves are good and what aren't. I can expect a dumb spy play.

This is an opinion I share.

There was a 6 minute gap between FFM's post and you submitting the mission- not exactly prime reaction time for me (especially because I was not even online). Why would I shoot down a proposal as beneficial to spies as a spy anyway, especially when it had some obvious support right in the open? That's not really a sensible line of play- as a spy, I'd be better off staying silent and sabotaging for an easy 2 point lead. This holds especially true considering that 2.1 going through means I have control over Mission 3.5, which is a very advantageous position for a spy.

Not 100% sure what you're trying to say with the last point in the 2:1 thing, but yes I do suspect either you or Refa of being a spy- that goes hand in hand with my suspicion of FFM. I actually dislike Refa more out of you two due to tone, but I think having both of you on this team is suicide for Resistance.

1. Either me OR Refa being a spy? Okay, reasonable enough. However, even in the event that one of the three of us flipped spy, so long as the two others are resistance members and (by default) pass the mission, it should still succeed. The only reason you'd have to be concerned is if you are assuming that BOTH of us are scum, unless you're implying that one of us is scum + you (which WOULD yield a mission sabotaged and failed).

2. I have my reasons for choosing you two, and I don't see why us 3 = suicide for the Resistance, unless you two opt to sabotage the mission.

3. Underlined: I had thought from your post that you had issues with multiple of FFM's posts, not just the latest one. So that may have been my mistake.

4. Why would you object to the proposal? Because you did so last time, and told us that you feel that it's actually a GOOD thing to do. If you randomly chose to back down from doing so on this mission as well, I'd say that'd be pretty weird to see. Also, just because you'd have control over the mission (as you openly expressed desire to do so) doesn't mean we'd be willing to pass it, if you're purely interested in gunning with the leadership power and disregarding the thoughts/options from the rest of the players here. Just sayin'. Yes, you will have a slot at the leadership/proposal, but just being the one putting it out =/= it'll get through.

4. Why would you object to the proposal? Because you did so last time, and told us that you feel that it's actually a GOOD thing to do. If you randomly chose to back down from doing so on this mission as well, I'd say that'd be pretty weird to see. Also, just because you'd have control over the mission (as you openly expressed desire to do so) doesn't mean we'd be willing to pass it, if you're purely interested in gunning with the leadership power and disregarding the thoughts/options from the rest of the players here. Just sayin'. Yes, you will have a slot at the leadership/proposal, but just being the one putting it out =/= it'll get through.

He's referring to the fact that he'd be in charge of the FIFTH mission, which WILL get passed without vote.

Guys

3 man missions need only one spy to sab it.

The only time where two spies are required to sab to fail a mission is M4

Wait, but I thought it had to be majority to sabotage? o.O?

There's no benefit to saying "looks good to me" and you know it. At this point, you're just being deliberately obstinate.

Yes there is and I've already stated why. Even if FFM became obv!Spy we'd still struggle finding out who the other two spies are. Disagreeing with me does not invalidate my statement, that's poor playing.

@Eury: If that were the case, resistance would have won AT LEAST one game in the last 5 res games that have been hosted on SF

Ofc, did you think this game would be really easy for the resistance? We can afford to be a little carefree with mission 4 but the rest of the missions are going to be hard as fuck

*shoots self* Geebuz, this game. Anyways, I'm okay with Rein on the mission, personally, but if you're REALLY concerned about Refa, then eh... up to you guys. I just picked the people I felt would have the highest success rate to complete/pass the mission.