Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

the idea is that you get the kanto and kalos starters in X/Y and get everything else in ORAS

you get the kanto legendaries and most kalos pokemon in xy and almost all the other gen legendaries in ORAS

I'm not sure if there are any gen 6 pokemon in ORAS though

if you have all 4 games, the only pokemon you can't catch are like celebi, jirachi, shaymin, darkrai, arceus, meloetta, genosect, and keldeo

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from Celebi.net mentions that Regice needs a nickname as one of the requirements for getting Regigigas to appear, but I just wanted to know that if you named Registeel and/or Regirock, does the Regigigas will still appear? (That I wanted to nickname all the four when I catch them as soon I get Omega Ruby for Christmas, but I don't wanted to make that happen if it's not going to trigger for Regigigas to appear.)

And also, is there any Emerald characters such as Juan appeared in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I did heard someone said that they found that there was a minor character from the game that mentioned about the Battle Frontier character in the Battle Maison? (but, I did saw that the owner of Celebi.net mentions that the Battle Frontier didn't returned in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)

Edited by Ichigo Kurosaki

Regice needs to be nicknamed; whether or not Registeel and Regirock are nicknamed has no effect. So you can go ahead and name them.

Juan isn't in ORAS, and neither is Scott. Off the top of my head I can't remember any other characters who are in Emerald and not Ruby/Sapphire as well. There are people in the Battle Resort who speak about a place called the Battle Frontier being built, which has led to speculation that it will be added as DLC. As of right now, however, the Battle Frontier doesn't exist and Nintendo hasn't officially said they're going to add it either.

Regice needs to be nicknamed; whether or not Registeel and Regirock are nicknamed has no effect. So you can go ahead and name them.

Juan isn't in ORAS, and neither is Scott. Off the top of my head I can't remember any other characters who are in Emerald and not Ruby/Sapphire as well. There are people in the Battle Resort who speak about a place called the Battle Frontier being built, which has led to speculation that it will be added as DLC. As of right now, however, the Battle Frontier doesn't exist and Nintendo hasn't officially said they're going to add it either.

Thanks, too bad to hear that Juan and Scott were cut in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Also, I heard that Looker is in this game, but, where is he at in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and are there any non-Hoenn characters from the other games besides the Battle Maison Sisters from X and Y similar like Cynthia and Steven appeared in HeartGold and SoulSilver?

And plus, is Rayquaza can be obtained before defeating the Elite Four or is it still after? (that I couldn't find it mentioned in the Legendary page in Celebi.net, but I was just little curious that it did say that Rayquaza is obtainable after defeating the Elite Four in the original Ruby and Sapphire.)

And lastly, how many trainers are fought with the Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire besides that we already know are Brendan/May (as rival), Wally, Steven, Maxie, Archie, Courtney, Matt, and Zinnia?

Edited by Ichigo Kurosaki

After you beat the E4, there's a postgame story called the Delta Episode. You catch Rayquaza as part of this postgame.

Looker has a small cameo appearance in the Battle Resort, which is after the Delta Episode, where he gives you Audinite. I don't think there are any other cameo characters but I might be wrong.

When you face the E4 after the Delta episode, they'll have stronger teams that include Mega pokemon. There aren't any other trainers that have it though as far as I know.

Speaking of Looker did anyone else find his appearance interesting? The R/S timeline is supposed to be way earlier than any of his other appearances so it's kind of weird that he has a cutscene and all and a MYSTERY with him losing his memory and it just ends up being him giving you Audinite when you find the house he went to. He's kind of a recurring supporting character at this point so maybe GF is just establishing some kind of backstory to him but idk.

Man, breeding is still a pain. . .but slightly less so, due to the Battle Resort Day Care. I got the first half of what I needed, which was a 5-IV male Swablu. Next. . .will be getting those 5 IVs on a Feebas (who will be Timid, 'cause I couldn't get a Modest one to save my life).

DexNav rocks.

I shouldn't have used the Exp. Share, lol.

My Pokemon are like level 70 since I'm an idiot and battled every single trainer possible (minus a few on routes 131-134, because navigating those routes is a pain; just got the TMs and battled whatever trainers and I chanced upon there and left).

But yeah.

OHKO-ing everything.

Wally and the E4.

...Next time, I should either do a nuzlocke or try avoiding every battle that can be avoided...

I heard that the game was easymode with exp share on before I even had the game.

That's why I turned it off as soon as I got it. I'm actually using my revives and potions as I traverse through the longer routes.

I had to use it for the endgame because I switched my team three times during my run and never actually got up to the levels that Steven and his team had lmao

luckily Electivire has sick coverage

I think Exp. Share cuts down on the amount of grinding that needs to be done. I'm still a bit underleveled for E4 part deux, but I was able to defeat them.

What made the game easier, IMO, were the new level-up moveset changes for a bunch of Pokemon. Hello Boomburst Flygon!

I used exp share because i don't like grinding

except i ended up battling most trainers anyway because I needed cash for secret base

whoops

I wasn't quite lv 70 though at least!

Also Azumarill getting Play Rough WAY earlier was great.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Lol just finished the Delta Episode and my Gardevoir is level 75, almost level 76...

Well, at least I got my 31/31/xx/31/xx/31 Hasty Rayquaza.

Now I need to kill Deoxys and re-beat the Elite Four so I can catch it with actual decent IVs.

Lol, two Dragon Dances, and I OHKO it.

I wish Higana was usable as a playable character, lol.

I love her design.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Ah perfect, much better to get a Deoxys with good natures and IVs

specially when I have gotten screwed with Latias and had all the week rigging her things, I recall getting a Modest one with awful HP but perfect Def, SpAttck, SpDef and Sp but discarded her cause ambitious, so RNG decided to punish me in return (and the few Timid ones have been worst than any other not-hindering nature so meh)

Btw I have Exp. Share on cause I don't want to repeat the hours of grinding I did in the original version; and high leveled Linoone is something good for Pickup amirite.

Not using EXP SHARE, and I'm still a number of levels above trainer-owned Pokemon. Even with a nearly full 5-pokemon squad. Only experience I've been getting is from defeating all trainers I come across and catching every wild Pokemon I haven't yet caught.

I wonder how overleveled my team would be had EXP SHARE been on the whole time.

See EXP Share only hyper over levels your pokemon when you have like 2-4 in the party. So when I was going through the game and I only had Combusken and Metang until I beat Watson and grabbed my Roselia, yeah they were almost 10 levels above everything.

Getting a full party slows down EXP gain a lot more and just helps save time grinding.

See EXP Share only hyper over levels your pokemon when you have like 2-4 in the party. So when I was going through the game and I only had Combusken and Metang until I beat Watson and grabbed my Roselia, yeah they were almost 10 levels above everything.

Getting a full party slows down EXP gain a lot more and just helps save time grinding.

I'm not sure how the experience is distributed, but I swore that - in X/Y, anyway - all unused Pokemon would get half the exp the fighting Pokemon gained. Example: Used Pokemon gains 500 exp, all unused Pokemon in the team would gain 250 exp each, regardless of how many are in the party.

Edited by Raven

I'm not sure how the experience is distributed, but I swore that - in X/Y, anyway - all unused Pokemon would get half the exp the fighting Pokemon gained. Example: Used Pokemon gains 500 exp, all unused Pokemon in the team would gain 250 exp each, regardless of how many are in the party.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works as well.

I'm almost certain it works that way now.

I believe in the first game the exp-share did the split between the remaining party, the exp share in the second game and further was the singular one held by a pokemon, I believe.

Either way, I wonder how EVs work in regards to exp share, because if the rest of your party don't get them it could be a bit skewered. I went most of the game without the share and I started off at Oldale with all 6 of my pokemon at level one from my Y version, so they all had boosted so that might have mitigated the grind a slight. I didn't end up turning on exp share until I reached the Elite 4 and just the way it was set up was giving me a headache the second way 'round.