You know, I miss FE10

Somebody get me a Like button. We really need one, at SF. Nao.

Fun fact: FE9 & FE10, as far as I know, have about the same system requirements. If anything, FE10 probably runs slightly faster than FE9, on my computer... ;x Maybe it's the emulator (funny enough, Dolphin 2.0 seems to run the fastest, for me). There are also some chapters where it slows down. Early chapters (both games) seem to run faster and then slow down as you play through the game.

I'm also only running a laptop, so I really shouldn't. But I prefer playing the game on the console anyway. It just seems more authentic.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Holy crap. 'dat story, mang.

Let's be FE10 bros. ;~; ...if that's even a thing- Heck, it is, now.

FE10 on Dolphin HD looks so much prettier than the console it's not even funny. Liek, wow. I'm half-tempted at just doing my run on emulator, even if it runs slower (and the fact my Wii's consfiscated, which isn't THAAAAAT much of an excuse).

Out of curiosity, would FE10 look just as good if it were playing it on a Wii U?

Out of curiosity, would FE10 look just as good if it were playing it on a Wii U?

It'll look the same as playing it on the Wii. Dolphin and the ISO are the only ones with teh HD graphics.

Yeah the Wii/vWii renders things natively at 480i/480p (PAL60&NTSC) or 576i (PAL50 - Europe and Oceania)

Yes, because clearly the on-screen graphics are more important than the actual gameplay...

Why stop at just gameplay though? I like how I can play Gamecube/Wii games at higher resolutions (not upscaled) than what the console hardware allows. 720p, 1080p, even 1440p and 2160p.

Sucks that I can't do it now since I had to RMA my graphics card (not to mention my monitor is only 1680 x 1050)

Yes, because clearly the on-screen graphics are more important than the actual gameplay...

No, no. You misunderstood. Graphics, aren't all, imo...it's just "the icing on the cake". It really is. But, you could also be understimating just how wonderful it looks, on HD. It's quite the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the opposite impression. Everything but Part 4 feels like filler. Like it only exists in order to get the story to the point were PoR had already been. Just that this time around it's way dumber, painfully contrived and overall worse.

And the name of the game is "Goddess of Dawn". Or "Akatsuki no Megami" as the case may be. So by all appearance, Part 4 is what the game is all about. It's nothing short of the cornerstone of the story. No matter how badly it may be executed, Part 4 cannot actually be filler.

But it definitely doesn't help that we got this crappy abridged script. I can only advice everyone to read all the available translations from the extended script that we have on this site. It greatly improved my opinion on the story. I can't imagine that it could save Part 1 and 3, though.

Not only that but the localization also felt the need to completely change the dialogue between Ike and Yune is the Epilogue. Our version has nothing to do with the Japanese script... and the entire rest of the game for that matter.

I mean, how do you turn this...

Ike: You were like a mother to all of life-- Your children still require a mother like you. When you watch over us, we don't always do things that make you happy and sometimes we even disappoint you. Still, I think we would like you to continue watching over us. How about it?

...into this:

Ike: It's true, we don't have much use for gods. But, well... You show us what we should aspire to. We need inspiration. You give us a reason to grow. To become more than we are. And if we don't have that, Yune, we're nothing more than statues. See?

"Inspiration"? On of the main themes of part 4 was how the gods were no less flawed then their creations:

Yune: We did create life, and can do many things that you creatures of flesh can't. But that doesn't make us perfect. It just means we can make mistakes on a much grander scale... We're not what you've been taught, and we're much closer to you skin-wearers than some will admit. But we do make mistakes... Sometimes we make terrible mistakes. Sometimes all it takes is one emotional outburst, and the entire world is drowning underwater!

Sephiran: Hatari. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to see it. The wolf tribe has survived all this time in the far corner of the world. Only the goddess could have known that.

Nailah: Perhaps even she didn't know it. Your goddess isn't perfect, you know. Does an imperfect goddess have the right to judge imperfect beings?

Yune: People are probably the dumbest creatures alive. But... Somehow you're also the most endearing. It's your imperfections that make you so interesting... Imperfections very similar to ours.

Kurth: Goddess Ashera, please listen to me. We know that we are clearly imperfect, but you, unnaturally created of pure order... Might that not be considered an imperfection?

Ashera: No, I am perfect. Free of emotion, I have no doubts. Therefore I commit no errors.

Yune: But it would be difficult... Could we really coexist? Does it not bother you that I'm an imperfect being?

Ike: You forgave all the mistakes that we made, so how could we not forgive you.

In this setting, the gods are a very poor source of "inspiration". So the English version of the Epilogue has not only nothing to do with the rest of the game but it's hilariously out of place too.

But the Japanese version... well, one of the main themes of the entire Tellius series is family. Not only family by blood but especially the sense of family between all living things, regardless of race, social status or any other heritage:

Ike: At a time like this, it doesn't matter what our blood ties are. We are family. That's what my father always used to say. And today...for the first time... I understand why he said it... Because we are a family. So if you don't want to cause your family any grief, then live!

Naesala: I'm only joking. Don't get so defensive.

Micaiah: Then don't insult my family.

Naesala: Hmph. You say he's your brother, but there's as much resemblance between you two as between me and Skrimir.

Mist: Everyone in the Greil Mercenaries is part of a family. We all follow the commander, no matter what. We'll live together, fight together, and die together. Right, Ike?

Elincia: As you said, Lucia and the others are very important to me. They are family

Rolf: I have my family, Oscar. You, Boyd...everyone in the Greil Mercenaries. I don't need anyone else. Why should I let her try and change that? (Rolf is talking about his mother, btw.)

Sanaki: Will I... never see you again?

Micaiah: Hardly. I think that what our countries need now is a sense of family and friendship.

So connecting this giant family through Yune as the "mother of all life" makes perfect sense.

...Son of a bitch. When looked at like that, all of Tellius just seems like an excuse to have a Final Fantasy dynamic. Lord knows their gods are flawed...

I finally beat the game.

So much for getting it done within a month.

Top 5: Rolf, Haar, Tibarn, Sothe, Ike

First time seeing Sothe up there. And Tibarn for that matter. It was Sothe's time to shine :D

• 4 weeks later...

I finally beat the game.

So much for getting it done within a month.

Top 5: Rolf, Haar, Tibarn, Sothe, Ike

First time seeing Sothe up there. And Tibarn for that matter. It was Sothe's time to shine :D

:D

We'll see him shine, alright. In my run.

Just posting to say, I am STILL on this. I think I am going to have more consistent access to my Wii, now. So........yeah. Let's hope for the best. And I stiiilll need to get done with my testrun (so far, has been going great).