You know, I miss FE10

Thanks for the info!

Easy mode really does sound like a cakewalk, which seems perfect for a story run.

I'm getting my pallies ready then B)

Another question (sorry!):

How hard it is to train Meg and Fiona on Easy?? They are such novelty, I totally wanna bring them along.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really paid attention to tiers or anything... I mean look what's above my avi. I also used Tormod on occasion, as hard as it is. I love that sage.. Ilyana was still trash though, I didn't like her design, her personality, or her stats. Still, RD was quite literally the game I played the most. I have 6 different files and each have been beaten at least twice, some three times. One easy (two), one hard (two), 3 normal (three, two, three).

Believe it or not, in tier list modality, Tormod actually happens to be among the best mages. Think of it, he's useful, right off the bat. He 1RKO's consistently, has pretty solid durability (and he's a Sage!) and...well, "that's it". That's his Part 1, which, pretty much sums up his (useful) existence. I actually like the little guy. He provides an interesting unit concept- That is, an actually speedy mage.

I loved how many characters there were, and although it didn't matter, I'd ship people that I supported. IT MATTERED TO ME! It mattered...

It matters to me, too.

I see, good on you... Got an ETA in mind or...something?

What is an ETA?

number three is that Micaiah's not only forced, she's the best mage in the game, so her entire existence makes every other mage awful

I actually wouldn't go that far...I mean, she's pretty much the best mage in the game, but that, in itself, isn't actually saying that much. She's not so good that she puts the others to shame. But she is good enough just because she's actually useful, lol. She provides a nice use in taking out those pesky Knights (Thani), finds some decent use in Wrath (see: Sacrifice + Wrath strategy), starts healing in Part 3 (Base C-Rank in staves, fanastic Mag stat) and all of that, by not even costing a deployment slot.

You have no good reason to not use her.

In the past I never thought hard on who was a good mage or not. I used Ilyana in all my playthroughs almost subconsciously. She is available through most of the game and I had the fortune of never having a RNG screwed Ilyana. She always had good growths in Str which is needed for those heavy Thunder tomes. Spd was here and there but by the time endgame came around she never was a burden. As a FE10 mage, I think Ilyana is fine.

My Micaiahs were the ones I had the most difficulty with.

I've always loved Ilyana's Str-growth. It's just funny to look at. But I wouldn't say it's that important. Tomes aren't actually that heavy, barring Bolting and the lategame tomes, which she gains enough Str from promotion gains, that suffice. It doesn't help that her Spd is mediocre at best, in the end, thanks to that bad 30% Spd growth. Her base is alright, but it should've at least been 50%, or something.

How hard it is to train Meg and Fiona on Easy?? They are such novelty, I totally wanna bring them along.

Easy Mode really is that easy. I actually never played through it, because I found it incredibly dull, of how easy it was. So, by essence, you really can just train Meg and Fiona easily. Just feed them kills and that tons of BEXP you happen to get. Heck, the BEXP may not even be necessary.

Has anyone answered your type of PT, i'd like to see an efficiency run... I guess

And that's why he wasn't spotpass in Awakening, they knew... they knew

lol! Indeed.

I don't know, if my game is hacked, but Ilyana ALWAYS was better than Soren and Calill. She had much better defense and her speed growth was even better than Micki's and Soren's. If she reached third tier, I can easily use as a front unit, because her defense is high enough to survive 2-3 hits and she can heal herself with "flare". She always capped speed at level 6-7 3rd tier.

Did you have transfers on her? That does help a lot. Ilyana is pretty functionable for most of the game with them. Its when part 3 rolls around, she might have trouble catching up with the GMs. Soren always has transfers on my runs and always caps speed. Always. Of course, Soren always gets special attention on my runs.

On Paladins:

Titania is the tits. I like giving her Imbue. She often tanks with her face, so its kinda nice and she has an ok base mag.

Oscar isnt bad and hes good with transfers. Hes just always trying to catch up with Tits.

Keiran is ok too but his speed is lower than Titania's at base. So he may not double stuff for a while.

Makalov's start is pretty gnarly unless rofltransfers. He aint bad doe.

Geoffrey is yes when hes around, but really meh in part 4.

Fiona...lol...I can get her to work but its best to just leave her on the bench.

Thanks for the info!

Easy mode really does sound like a cakewalk, which seems perfect for a story run.

On Easy? Not too hard at all. They still require handholding and resources, but its easier to get them going in Easy mode. Fiona needs a Secret Book to get going cuz her base skill is fucking peanuts. She might want a Drop and a forge too. Yeah...What i do to train her is in 1-E, have Nailah petrify one of those physic priests and have Fiona whack away at it. The petrified priest will have a lot of defense and he will have a staff so hes constantly refreshing HP on each turn. Having Rafiel around to have Fiona have two chances to whack at the priest is kinda nice too. A nice punching bag that leaks EXP. It takes a while and you might have a ridiculous turncount but she can reach second tier that way. In part 3, i have Jill and Fiona (if im using her) share Paragon and in 3-13, Fiona usually reaches third tier. Fiona is kinda handy in part 3 because of another Earth Affinity unit and tanking. Shes just a pain to raise.

Heck, the BEXP may not even be necessary.

Its not too necessary for Fiona, but kinda is for Meg. You can try the same Punching Bag Priest thing with Meg but i never have done that with her.

They both like to have some BEXP here and there regardless.

As for Meg, i dont really use her that much, She actually a bit easier to raise than Fiona.

Im actually having Laura be a thing in my current run.

If im going to use a lady mage, im using Calill. Shes pretty balanced. Tormod would be amazing if he stuck around....

Thoughts on Nealuchi? I always liked him...

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Soren or Calill are the viable mages imo. Calill often getting the shaft because Marcia(T) exists and my BEXP always went to her so I use Soren(T) instead. Sages Tier 2 and 3 really needed better spd caps though, for real.

Edited by PKL

Soren or Calill are the viable mages imo. Calill often getting the shaft because Marcia(T) exists and my BEXP always went to her so I use Soren(T) instead. Sages Tier 2 and 3 really needed better spd caps though, for real.

Agreed. I tend to play Easy, so i feed Calill kills in 2-E from the ledges. (Cuz Marcia(T) is mopping up on the left side) The speed cap is why Soren supports with Ike all the time. The more avoid the better. Calill is fun because dat Rexflame

Btw Big Boss, what difficulty will the LTC be played on?

As a unit well when you have guys like Tibarn, Naesala heck even Janaff he is not the best but as a character he's decent which is expected from all returning characters.

Thats my opening for discussion the plainness of the new characters

Am I the only one who hasnt forgotten about Sanaki or what?

so big boss your more or less saying the exact same thing i'm saying? good to know

ofcourse she makes every other mage seem awful, all mages suck, she's just the one you have no reason to not use in addition to the whole wraith thing you mentioned, and having the best growths possible for a mage in that game

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Thanks for the info!

It's incredibly hard to train either of them. Even on Easy. I cannot tell you how many turns it took, and how much effort. Even then, their growths never came out for me. I ended up turning a priest to stone on Part 1 endgame and having them prod at it with iron/bronze weapons for 200 turns until they promoted, just so I could keep them viable. It was just easier to toss them aside and bring in Leonardo and Edward.

I've always loved Ilyana's Str-growth. It's just funny to look at. But I wouldn't say it's that important. Tomes aren't actually that heavy, barring Bolting and the lategame tomes, which she gains enough Str from promotion gains, that suffice. It doesn't help that her Spd is mediocre at best, in the end, thanks to that bad 30% Spd growth. Her base is alright, but it should've at least been 50%, or something.

Her Str helped in her Sage class at the very least. Of all the tomes, Thunder magic is heavy yo. I agree it wasn't too important, but that it helped. Having a Spd growth around 50% like Calill would have made Ilyana turn out better, generally. I never realized Ilyana Spd growth was so bad. I was lucky enough to not have such a terribad Ilyana. But it doesn't help that the cap for the general arch sage speed is so low. Ilyana being the only one who can wield the fairly heavy Rexbolt certainly had influence on my endgame team. Dem dragonsss. Off of that, defending the Mage class in FE 10 is hard considering it's not too outstanding to begin with ._. Ilyana and Rexbolt 5eva!! <33

The only reason I couldn't get into Calill was because Sanaki was forced and I always gave Rexflame to her. I also didn't want too many mages on the team. Might give her a try one of these days.

Did anyone else found themselves selling items a lot just to earn some gold? This was especially important during 3-8 through 3-10.

I finally learned what the term ninja'd means. And dammit I keep getting ninja'd! I type too slow...

Anyways yes! You are so broke in this game. In one playthrough I recruited Zihark on my team just so I could sell off his items. It wasn't a big deal since I was playing on Easy.

Edited by Hashuni Mei

Did anyone else found themselves selling items a lot just to earn some gold? This was especially important during 3-8 through 3-10.

Right here, I hated and loved the fact that the GMs were broke as hell, or I had money management problems

I was never exactly a fan of him, but lately, with my newfound love for FE10 (and laguz, somewhat...bird laguz), I may develop a sort of liking. I really like the bird laguz units. Nealuchi, Janaff and Ulki, specifically. There's also a certain important role that I have, for Nealuchi...

In NM drafts (defenitely not this case), he's been pretty mean. In a fantastic way. Really fun to use.

I think Soren (Tee), is pretty cool. I've used him in my last run that I logged here. Having started with capped Skill & Res and coming close to capping Mag, he can start BEXP slowplaying for Spd. And of course, he also happens to have a Spd transfer, which just allows him to come closer to capping his Spd and doubling...of course, the main and real issue, is that he HAS to Crown right away, thanks to that horrendous Spd cap...and the cost of that, is that it could be leaving taking away the chance for Haar or Titania from promoting and just plowing their way through the game even further. This doesn't mean that the potential to be a good mage isn't there...it's just that, the cost are pretty significant. However, you can also argue that Haar may be able to get Part 2's BEXP at 2-E and promote by normal means. Same with Titania, since she only needs a few levels to promote.

Soren's poor concrete durability, in itself, has never been too much of a problem. I've supported him with Ike and gave him Resolve and they were destroying things at Part 4, like the great buddies they are. Good times.

These runs are usually HM. And I, myself, would actually prefer it that way. It's a decent challenge, that isn't necessarily something that makes you want to tear your hair off.

As a unit well when you have guys like Tibarn, Naesala heck even Janaff he is not the best but as a character he's decent which is expected from all returning characters.

Janaff is actually fantastic.

That, will I never do.

so big boss your more or less saying the exact same thing i'm saying? good to know

ofcourse she makes every other mage seem awful, all mages suck, she's just the one you have no reason to not use in addition to the whole wraith thing you mentioned, and having the best growths possible for a mage in that game

)=

It's incredibly hard to train either of them. Even on Easy. I cannot tell you how many turns it took, and how much effort. Even then, their growths never came out for me. I ended up turning a priest to stone on Part 1 endgame and having them prod at it with iron/bronze weapons for 200 turns until they promoted, just so I could keep them viable. It was just easier to toss them aside and bring in Leonardo and Edward.

I wouldn't call that hard, just...annoying. Tedious. The amount of time it takes, yeah...in itself, it actually isn't (or shouldn't) be hard, considering the difficulty.

Estimated Time of Arrival... though in this case, ETS= Estimated Time of Starting

Ooooh.

I really don't have one. But I wouldn't want to keep you guys waiting too much...or myself. I'm just doing a bit of a test-run, to see how things would go. Currently "stuck" in 1-8. Shouldn't even be that hard, but, considering my luck, so far...lol.

I think things start running smoothly by Part 2 or 3. Part 1, so far, has been taking some time.

I do that, but I have a bit of a thing with selling useless things for video game money. In this run, I'm learning not to do that, as I've found out that the smallest things may be of use.

Right here, I hated and loved the fact that the GMs were broke as hell, or I had money management problems

They're broke...? I mean, initially, they do start with a low amount of money (IIRC, anyway). But we usually carry over some Gems or things from Part 2, sell them off and then we start getting things like, the White Gem and stuff. Money just starts raining naturally.

I don't give a shit for character tier lists. I have played this game enough times to say, which characters are good or bad. And my playthroughs have shown that Ilyana is a BEAST. She always capped everything without problems.

well, then. when you make this kind of statement, you are very clear about your lack of interest in substantive discussion.

If the second sentence is a joke => ok understood

But I don't understand all the complaints against her!

I don't give a shit for character tier lists. I have played this game enough times to say, which characters are good or bad. And my playthroughs have shown that Ilyana is a BEAST. She always capped everything without problems.

Well, thunder magic is nerfed and the hit rate is still the second worst of all magic types, but she's not terrible especially in part 1. With speed boosts from PoR she's more than a helping hand especially on harder difficulties. Her speed growth is almost good/bad (depending on how looks at it) as Soren's and Micki's. Her HP and defense are pretty good unlike other mages, so she can take 2-3 hits in 3rd tier. Another advantage is her availibility. Her only weaknesses might be her magic growth and the mentoined problems of thunder magic.

Yes, I'm sure your opinion is accurate and very experienced.

Her Str helped in her Sage class at the very least. Of all the tomes, Thunder magic is heavy yo. I agree it wasn't too important, but that it helped.

Fun fact: Strength growths on mages are almost completely useless in RD. Barring siege tomes, bases and promotion bonuses are always enough for the magic units to use whatever tomes are available. Let's look at Ilyana specifically:

Base 6 Str. She can only use Thunder tomes, and Thunder and Elthunder don't weigh more than 6 (Elthunder weighs exactly 6). You won't get better tomes before she promotes. Sage Ilyana with 0% Str growth has 9 Str. This is enough to wield even Arcthunder, the A rank Thunder tome, with no Spd loss, and the equivalents in other magics weigh the same or less. The next one up is Thoron at 11 weight which you can't get until 3-11, where she admittedly won't likely be promoted, but she should be soon if you've been using her, and then Archsage Ilyana with 0% Str growth has 14 Str, just enough to wield Rexbolt (the heaviest standard anima tome) without a problem.

So she needs 2 Str outside of promotion bonuses by 3-11 to never have a problem wielding normal tomes. Just the PoR transfer can handle that.

This is the case with every mage for the most part, but I think it's the funniest with Pelleas and Balberith. Balberith gives +3 Str, but Pelleas literally cannot possibly wield the tome without the 15 Str required for no Spd loss since Archsage Pelleas is guaranteed to have at least 17 Str. (The +3 Str does allow Lehran to double Auras with it, though)

When I was done with my first playthrough, I often gave things to Nephenee, Brom, or Ilyana solely to sell for the GMs to not be so broke towards the beginning. Then the statue frag and white gem came in. Sold those instantly.

... I love how Statue frags are so useless here, when Body Rings used to be like... the best stat booster ever. That weight from strength thing really made Con almost useless.

Edited by Maerk

So she needs 2 Str outside of promotion bonuses by 3-11 to never have a problem wielding normal tomes. Just the PoR transfer can handle that.

I was lax in my point. In Thunder magic I was thinking in regards to special tomes or a special tome. In 3-2, I believe, it's possible to steal a Bolting which has a Wt of 19. And I personally always aim for it. A Sage Ilyana with 9 Str would suffer hinderance. Though in one example, I realize that Str is not that important for mages. In the case of stealing Bolting for Ilyana, having good Str growths could help. But yeah, I'm not overly concerned or anything. The main issue with mages it seems is their Spd.

Edited by Hashuni Mei

The next one up is Thoron at 11 weight which you can't get until 3-11, where she admittedly won't likely be promoted, but she should be soon if you've been using her, and then Archsage Ilyana with 0% Str growth has 14 Str, just enough to wield Rexbolt (the heaviest standard anima tome) without a problem.

Actually, if you're even going out of your way on using her, you might as well promote her as fast as you can (assuming it's not much in the way of a main powerhouse, like Titania or Haar). I think you can get her there at something like 3-8 (base). I think mages can be pretty cool as secondary Routing characters.

Not that I find the idea unfeasible, but you have to admit, it's pretty funny.

I was lax in my point. In Thunder magic I was thinking in regards to special tomes or a special tome. In 3-2, I believe, it's possible to steal a Bolting which has a Wt of 19. And I personally always aim for it. A Sage Ilyana with 9 Str would suffer hinderance. Though in one example, I realize that Str is not that important for mages. In the case of stealing Bolting for Ilyana, having good Str growths could help. But yeah, I'm not overly concerned or anything. The main issue with mages it seems is their Spd.

Well, IIRC, Bolting isn't really that useful before 4-E-2 & 4-E-3. I mean, there isn't a sort of pesky enemy that you're going to want to get rid of quickly, like Levail (for the Wishblade) or one of the Dragons blocking the ramp towards Dheginsea or even against Dheginsea, himself. Besides, with only 5 uses...

They're broke...? I mean, initially, they do start with a low amount of money (IIRC, anyway). But we usually carry over some Gems or things from Part 2, sell them off and then we start getting things like, the White Gem and stuff. Money just starts raining naturally.

Aside from the white gem and blue gems, there was...I forget? It's been a while =)

When I was done with my first playthrough, I often gave things to Nephenee, Brom, or Ilyana solely to sell for the GMs to not be so broke towards the beginning. Then the statue frag and white gem came in. Sold those instantly.

... I love how Statue frags are so useless here, when Body Rings used to be like... the best stat booster ever. That weight from strength thing really made Con almost useless.

I... damn.... I never sold my Statue Frags, sheesh after a good number of PTs I never once thought of this... barring the white gem, of course

Nealuchi rocks ass in Part 2 as a dodge tank though. He helps with chip so guys like Calill or some junk can move in and smush shit. Nealuchi will never get hit. If he does, its because you were dumb and let him get attacked with a bowgun. :P: His Strike level is balls and Raven str is kinda meh anyway. Once his Strike level goes up, its a little better but i find him better than Lethe by miles. (cat gauge lol)

Im not a fan of Sanaki too much cuz shes kind of redundant. Cymbaline is neato but ehh. She can use cool stuff but ehh...Not too fussed with her.

I always used Laura. Never knew she was low tier.

Shes not terrible, but Micaiah tends to do her job better than her when Micaiah promotes. But i think its ok to have another Staff bot around and i like raising Laura into a killbot for the lulz.

I was never exactly a fan of him, but lately, with my newfound love for FE10 (and laguz, somewhat...bird laguz), I may develop a sort of liking. I really like the bird laguz units. Nealuchi, Janaff and Ulki, specifically. There's also a certain important role that I have, for Nealuchi...

In NM drafts (defenitely not this case), he's been pretty mean. In a fantastic way. Really fun to use.

I think Soren (Tee), is pretty cool. I've used him in my last run that I logged here. Having started with capped Skill & Res and coming close to capping Mag, he can start BEXP slowplaying for Spd. And of course, he also happens to have a Spd transfer, which just allows him to come closer to capping his Spd and doubling...of course, the main and real issue, is that he HAS to Crown right away, thanks to that horrendous Spd cap...and the cost of that, is that it could be leaving taking away the chance for Haar or Titania from promoting and just plowing their way through the game even further. This doesn't mean that the potential to be a good mage isn't there...it's just that, the cost are pretty significant. However, you can also argue that Haar may be able to get Part 2's BEXP at 2-E and promote by normal means. Same with Titania, since she only needs a few levels to promote.

Soren's poor concrete durability, in itself, has never been too much of a problem. I've supported him with Ike and gave him Resolve and they were destroying things at Part 4, like the great buddies they are. Good times.

Cuz Part 2 Nealuchi Dodge Tank! Seriously i love that shit.

Soren(T) with me tends to have a green number or two at base. (usually its skill) Speed comes later but by 3-2, hes doubling everything except bosses. He gets BEXP when the green starts showing up before promotion. By 3-5, hes Archsage. Tits and Haar promote naturally on my runs. Usually.

And yes, Janaff is pretty great in this game. Hes Tibarn Jr actually.

It's like Beetlejuice. We were talking about tier lists so much, that dondon has been summoned.

lel. <.<

It's incredibly hard to train either of them. Even on Easy.

Ehh not really. Just takes some patience. And you gotta be arsed. I wasnt this run because Nolan is being Ned Stark Bro and Edwardovitch is being awesome, Jill stomp and Aran and Laura team. Zihark is backup. Fiona isnt needed this time.

About cash and the GMs, i always bring loot from the DBs and have Ilyana haul it over to them. Shes hella useful for that.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

It's like Beetlejuice. We were talking about tier lists so much, that dondon has been summoned.

im the real beetlejuice i literally search function the forums for instances of my name being mentioned

Edited by General Banzai

Aside from the white gem and blue gems, there was...I forget? It's been a while =)

I... damn.... I never sold my Statue Frags, sheesh after a good number of PTs I never once thought of this... barring the white gem, of course

Yeah, at first, I couldn't let go of them because I treated them like stat ups. Then I realized, with strength being the main factor, Con was virtually useless except for shoving and rescuing; and anyone who I want rescuing is already on a horse/pegasus/wyvern