Would you like a Fire Emblem game with a different setting?

Like a Fire Emblem set in a western style setting, or a Fire Emblem set on Mars like the developers suggested.

I would actually appreciate the change, in all honesty. There's only so much you can do with swords and dragons before it gets boring.

Like a Fire Emblem set in a western style setting, or a Fire Emblem set on Mars like the developers suggested.

I would actually appreciate the change, in all honesty. There's only so much you can do with swords and dragons before it gets boring.

Not really, I like the fantasy setting... I don't think swords or dragons getting boring is really anything more than a preference

I would definitely love a futuristic Fire Emblem. There should be a Phantasy Star/Fire Emblem cross over!

That would be okay, granted it was PS2~4 and AFTER they handle the crossover on their plates already... assuming that's still a thing

Edited by Soledai

The early modern period would be an interesting setting. The middle ages were on their way out, but the modern period would not really arrive for another 300 years. This makes it simaler enough to a midevil setting to make it feel somewhat simmaler, while not being exactly the same. This also allows you to have guns, but not have them be overpowered. (which is a good description of guns at that time) Here, have a wikipedia article, because i am not in the mood for a full description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_modern_Europe

Also, it would be nice be set in feudal japan, or ancient china, or something. I want playable ninja, darn-it.

Eh, Fire Emblem seems to be meant to be a medieval fantasy type thing. I want it to stay that way. Besides that, I'm not into guns or cannons or anything like that (though admittedly, they're fun as hell in games like Age of Empires II). I like the good ol' knights on horseback and sword-wielding/lance-wielding infantry best. In fact, I wish gunpowder was never invented so we could've stayed with those weapons.

I wouldn't mind a new setting, but I have the feeling it would end up being nothing more than a cosmetic change. For better or worse, the "Fire Emblem basics" would probably still be in full swing.

A Fire Emblem in the Heian Period or a fantasy version of it... yeah

Eh, Fire Emblem seems to be meant to be a medieval fantasy type thing. I want it to stay that way. Besides that, I'm not into guns or cannons or anything like that (though admittedly, they're fun as hell in games like Age of Empires II). I like the good ol' knights on horseback and sword-wielding/lance-wielding infantry best. In fact, I wish gunpowder was never invented so we could've stayed with those weapons.

Yes... Yes and forever more, swords over bullets anyday of the week

Edited by Soledai

Assassins.

I knew someone was going to say that. Isn't strikethrough how one symbolizes jokes around here?

Edited by sirmola

I think a new setting has potential but I have bias towards medieval settings so it would take more to draw me into the world. A futuristic FE doesn't sound so bad.

In fact, I wish gunpowder was never invented so we could've stayed with those weapons.

When I think about this it reminds me of how much technology would've never been invented and how much more hellish war would be today. I can't imagine what it would be like to see your enemy face to face and cut out their insides. Its hard for me to imagine what it would be like to shoot someone.

Some sort of fantasy-futuristic hybrid, sort of like what FFVII did but not what FFVII did. A pirate setting would be pretty cool, or a moderish fantasy.

I like the fantasy setting, but I'm open to anything as long as it's done well. I could certainly go for a more futuristic setting for the game. Would there be aliens lol?

Best quote ever?

A)Yes

B)Hell Yes

C)Yeap

D)YEAH

Anyways, early modern sounds cool. However, one thing that characterizes Fire Emblem is the setting, so idk, it depends how it's done.

Personally, if you want to keep the fantasy setting but have VARIETY, then simply making it feudal Japan-themed. That'll probably work well, but I don't really like feudal Japan settings much, so yeah. Or they could do what Shin Megami Tensei did so well and make it modern-day.

Personally, if you want to keep the fantasy setting but have VARIETY, then simply making it feudal Japan-themed. That'll probably work well, but I don't really like feudal Japan settings much, so yeah. Or they could do what Shin Megami Tensei did so well and make it modern-day.

Or something really original, like a Persian/Arabian-like setting, that'd be cool.

Or something really original, like a Persian/Arabian-like setting, that'd be cool.

If they do that, they better make a India-like country and give them war elephants. That could be so awesome.

If they do that, they better make a India-like country and give them war elephants. That could be so awesome.

These are the best ideas ever. I've actually been wanting elephantry myself in FE.