WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

i think the english just have a grudge with the rest of the world when it comes to football

I see it as the opposite - they think the world is against them.

Anyways, be careful when saying "x is gonna murder y".

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it as the opposite - they think the world is against them.

Something like that. I'm not sure Germany or Argentina even care about their history by this point. (or ever)

England vs Scotland is the only "rivalry" they have that is equally reciprocated. Not that you should expect an England vs Scotland WC Final anytime soon.

Edited by Tryhard

Something like that. I'm not sure Germany or Argentina even care about their history by this point. (or ever)

England vs Scotland is the only "rivalry" they have that is equally reciprocated. Not that you should expect an England vs Scotland WC Final anytime soon.

Eh, I know a couple of people who fervently hate the English, but it's not so much a football thing, although it does extend into it. As a football rivalry it's probably like fourth.

Eh, I know a couple of people who fervently hate the English, but it's not so much a football thing, although it does extend into it. As a football rivalry it's probably like fourth.

AFAIK the Malvinas/Falklands heat only spilled to football up until a few decades ago.

AFAIK the Malvinas/Falklands heat only spilled to football up until a few decades ago.

It might be surprising to you but the football grudge started in 1966. It regained momentum after the Malvinas/Falklands war but it wasn't simply about football after that. It's died a lot since then though.

Edit: also i heard in a radio interview with some players and staff that aguero could play the semis and di maria might actually be able to play the final

Edited by fuccboi

Just read it about the 66 episode. All things considered, it makes sense that it springed that much heat.

Also, which team do you support, fuc?

union de santa fe, a second division team.

when i was a kid i had boca as my favourite first division team (because union is shit) but then my interest in football died out for a while. it came back a couple years ago when union promoted, and promptly was relegated (lol)

Edited by fuccboi

Yeah, Palmeiras is not exactly an AWESOME brazilian team nowadays. It had its glory days when I was a baby/small child.

But tryhard is right. Supporting small squads is awesome, no wonder Arsenal has so man fans

Sydney FC rep-re-sent, finally saying things like 'long-term success' and 'planning' and that shit

It's only been recently A-League's gotten coverage free-to-air, and Canberra doesn't have a team, so. As far as foreign sides go, Sunderland, who tend to escape relegation every season in yet more improbable ways, literally hired Paolo di Canio as a manager, sacked him after 13 games and after he'd made 14 signings, all but two of whom (Mannone and Giaccherini) turned out to be garbagemen (or just too young). We thought we were sunk, then suddenly nearly won the League Cup, then thought we were seriously gone after an awful run of form, then suddenly won four matches in a row after a draw with Manchester City.

It isn't a club for the faint of heart.

What is the name of that Sunderland fella who kicked both Chelsea and ManCity's asses?

Yeah, Palmeiras is not exactly an AWESOME brazilian team nowadays. It had its glory days when I was a baby/small child.

But tryhard is right. Supporting small squads is awesome, no wonder Arsenal has so man fans

it has lots of american fans cause it's the first team in the premier league menu in FIFA

this is truth.

What is the name of that Sunderland fella who kicked both Chelsea and ManCity's asses?

I guess that would be Connor Wickham? He scored like five goals in the last six games, or something like that. (obligatory note that jozy scored one in thirty)

Yeaaaah, that guy. Let's just hope that what he did wasn't a one-season-ending-wonder shit.

"Cillessen, who kicked a water bottle as he came off, said: "I didn't know it was going to happen, so I was angry. I wanted to play the penalty shootout. It is a pity I wasn't told before, but it worked very well."

Apparently Cillessen didn't know beforehand. If I was the first choice goalkeeper and I wasn't trusted in a penalty shootout I wouldn't be the most thrilled, either.

(opinion is also divided on whether Krul should have been cautioned for bad sportsmanship)

Edited by Tryhard

@Jedi- Probably not as many because neither team has a great offence

Arsenal's my favourite EPL team because I used them in fifa 06; back when they were awesome and had Henry

but still gotta cheer for TORONTO FC, where money can buy you EPL players but not victories

Y'know, I think that there might be a high chance that Germany are gonna get third place again. I say this as Brazil wont be that bad without Neymar, just a bit lacking in offensive pace. And Brazil have a fantastic crowd supporting them too.

Maybe if Germany solve their full back issues and teach Khedira how to pass and attack better (as well as play Götze in the right position) they can have a better chance

I think there'll be a high chance of this going to Extra Time too. Should be a great game to watch!

WELL

FUCK

FUCK MARCELO

FUCK OUR DEFENSE WHAT THE FUC JUST HAPPENED DAMMIT

MULLER FREEEEEE AS DJANGO