• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^This. Never have I read a VN with a duller soundtrack than Tsukihime. At least Kagetsu Tohya had a few good tracks.

The version I DLed yes I'm a pirate judge me has a "better" soundtrack. It's still only a few tracks, though.

I wouldn't mention Tsukihime for VN suggestion because Nasu's writing is quite crappy imo and Tsukihime is no exception. While I did enjoy reading Tsukihime a lot, I would rather recommend something more well-refined and properly written.

I played Actress Again a bit, if that counts.

So basically, only for those who're already familiar with Nasu? Well, whatever...

Have you played enough Melty to feel confident enough to tussle with someone online?

The version I DLed yes I'm a pirate judge me has a "better" soundtrack. It's still only a few tracks, though.

Me personally, it doesn't matter on an astronomical level if whether or not you pirate it, as long as you don't act pompous about it.

So basically, only for those who're already familiar with Nasu? Well, whatever...

Well, Nasu's works kinda require a lot of patience to go through. Not everybody can actually get into those, so I'd only recommend them to people who've already read plenty of VNs already.

Have you played enough Melty to feel confident enough to tussle with someone online?

I fail at fighting games in general, but I would still enjoy online battles just for fun. I never tried battling online with Melty Blood, though it'll be tough for me to find somebody that lives close enough to Malaysia (where I am) to not incur ridiculous levels of lag.

Me personally, it doesn't matter on an astronomical level if whether or not you pirate it, as long as you don't act pompous about it.

In this case, I had to. I know mirror-moon doesn't want people to pirate the VNs (you install the translation patch under the condition that you own a real copy), but Tsukihime is out of print, and back when I got FSN I had no clue how to import things from Japan. So I took the much easier route of torrenting them.

My post was just self-defense against those who might criticize me for pirating it. I'd gladly pay for something I enjoyed. I know ways of getting things from Japan now but I'm wary of it as shipping to Brazil is probably ultra expensive.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread with news!

Fall 2014 series by ufotable confirmed to be based on the Unlimited Blade Works route!

Meanwhile, a series of movies will be made based on the Heaven's Feel route.

UBW is my favorite route so I'm excited for that!

I'm surprised about the Heaven's Feel movies, though, since that route has been...historically neglected.

Definitely looking forward to both, since I've also been pretty bad about remembering much of what happens in HF. Now to convince my friends to watch them...

Edited by Euklyd

what happens in Heaven's feel:

Gilgamesh dies

Saber goes evil

a lot of sex

UBW was my favourite route too, so... we'll see.

Edited by BBM

I need to start playing tsukhime again but laziness. Arcuied's route was nice

e route too, so... we'll see.

Edited by GO WITH YOUR GUTREAD GUY

Gilgamesh dies

Saber goes evil

a lot of sex

Also:

Shirou losing his arm.

Shirou and Rin bonding with their estranged siblings.

Kotomine being amazing.

Manly fist fights.

Gilgamesh dies

Saber goes evil

a lot of sex

Also:

Shirou losing his arm.

Shirou and Rin bonding with their estranged siblings.

Kotomine being amazing.

Manly fist fights.

Wow, I remember all of this happening...even if some of it is only vaguely.

Maybe my recollection isn't as bad as I thought :V

Edited by Euklyd

point to Shirou losing his arm and Rin connecting with Sakura being noteworthy, but Shirou reconnects with Ilya in Fate too, Kotominei is amazing in all the routes, and fights are arguably better in UBW.

I like that HF tried to steer things in a very different direction from Fate and UBW but the villains weren't as compelling, for me anyways, and I quite honestly didn't like Sakura at all.

Edited by BBM

I'm basically with BBM on this one, but I'm actually looking forwards to the Heaven's Feel one more because I think there's a lot of room for improvement in that regard.

Also personally I'm going to disagree with Proto and say that Tsukihime and F/SN are great VNs to start on. No, they're not by any means the best, but they're still decent, and perhaps most important to me, don't require a Japanese locale, like so many other VNs do. I need my computer to run on a NA locale for most purposes, and switching back and forth between a NA locale and a Japanese locale gets tedious and frankly makes it so that when I only have like half an hour to spare, I don't read a VN.

Take G Senjou no Maou for example. I read the first chapter in a few sittings when I had a lot of free time a couple months ago and it was pretty good. But despite it being good I've never been able to return to it.

HF's overabundance of Sakura is compensated by Kotomine being at his most badass.

I think UBW is maybe the best route because, while it's technically Rin's route, Saber still participates in many events. The romance is weaker than in other routes, though. I think UBW has only one ero scene, and it doesn't end too well, and also Rin doesn't really fit Shirou...

P.S.: My first VN was FSN and I managed just fine. It may not be a good VN to start with because there's A LOT of background lore. It inspired me to write, though, so it can't be too bad.

Edited by Waifu Cordelia

Yeah I always personally think that the writers went like "hmm Fate had 2 eroge scenes and UBW had only 1; time to overcompensate and put like 6 into HF"

I also think UBW is the best route. I like Saber more than Rin, but UBW is more about Archer than either of them, and I like Shirou's growth in it the most. So yeah I'm cool with the series being UBW; I don't really see how they can "improve" on HF without changing it drastically.

Things I don't like in UBW:

1) Not enough Kotomine.

2) Gilgamesh not in his uber-sexy golden armor. They gave him a better casual outfit in Fate/Zero IMO.

The rest is fine, though. As an Archer fan, the route is awesome! And, while HF is too much about Sakura (really, it's TOO MUCH), UBW has almost no Sakura.

Things I don't like in UBW:

1) Not enough Kotomine.

2) Gilgamesh not in his uber-sexy golden armor. They gave him a better casual outfit in Fate/Zero IMO.

The rest is fine, though. As an Archer fan, the route is awesome! And, while HF is too much about Sakura (really, it's TOO MUCH), UBW has almost no Sakura.

What the hell do people have against Sakura?

She's a terrible character (by comparison to her competition).

Edit: I'd elaborate more, but ultimately the answer is probably going to come down to tastes. She's that meek submissive kouhai type, with some serious issues (not her fault), that just isn't as appealing to me, personally, and presumably the bulk of similarly minded folk I've talked to (who outnumber a fair share any of her fans).

Edited by Balcerzak

She has a nice body, though. However, I believe the reason she isn't popular in Japan is because she isn't a virgin at the beginning of the story (not her fault) and she has too many sex scenes, so they view her as a slut.

I remember there was a hardcore Sakura fan on Beast's Lair who was a bit difficult to argue with.

Speaking of Beast's Lair, I wonder how they're doing! Haven't been there in a while. It's THE Nasuverse forum in the Western world.

EDIT: Also, Sakura's background is a recycle of Kohaku's background in Tsukihime.

Edited by Waifu Cordelia

She has a nice body, though. However, I believe the reason she isn't popular in Japan is because she isn't a virgin at the beginning of the story (not her fault) and she has too many sex scenes, so they view her as a slut.

I remember there was a hardcore Sakura fan on Beast's Lair who was a bit difficult to argue with.

Speaking of Beast's Lair, I wonder how they're doing! Haven't been there in a while. It's THE Nasuverse forum in the Western world.

EDIT: Also, Sakura's background is a recycle of Kohaku's background in Tsukihime.

Please don't remind me of Mike.

@Balcerzak: You have to remember that she withstood 11 years of being raped by worms, as the final Bad End in Fate/Stay Night proves, Rin only lasts a couple of minutes.

Edited by The Geek