Pair Up giving negatives

Elieson

My son asked me if I could hack the game, since he avidly watches LPs of hacks like Klok's Manrika run and drafts and such. Anyway, he asked if I could hack Pair Ups to give negatives instead of positives, and have each Support Level give +1 back to the stat, and have the 1 for each 10 not happen at all.

Made me wonder. How do you think the game would be balanced then?

Nintendo has made the 3ds extremely hard to hack and fixes any exploit anyone finds (if you've ever wondered what those firmware updates are, that's it). This is because ds game sales were hurt by emulators. Don't expct hackability untill nintendo releases the successor system and stops caring. about the 3ds. That being said, you could probably balance pair up by having classes give negatives to some stats.

Yea...That much I know (that Hacking the 3DS is pretty much out of the question until ???? 2016 or something). It's mostly the principle of inverted PairUp stats, that I was hoping to seek in terms of conversation.

Then... Rescue, that causes additional luk, def, res, str and/or mag to drop, instead of the old SPD/skl halving.

But like chrom, dropping 3 SPD in early game, would be rough

Nintendo has made the 3ds extremely hard to hack and fixes any exploit anyone finds (if you've ever wondered what those firmware updates are, that's it). This is because ds game sales were hurt by emulators. Don't expct hackability untill nintendo releases the successor system and stops caring. about the 3ds. That being said, you could probably balance pair up by having classes give negatives to some stats.

There's a 3DS homebrew emulator out so far.

So the idea is that characters who don't know each other well are actually detrimental to each other when fighting side-by-side, getting in each others' way? Interesting concept.

Nintendo has made the 3ds extremely hard to hack and fixes any exploit anyone finds (if you've ever wondered what those firmware updates are, that's it). This is because ds game sales were hurt by emulators. Don't expct hackability untill nintendo releases the successor system and stops caring. about the 3ds Pokemon games for the 3ds and there's something worth hacking it for. That being said, you could probably balance pair up by having classes give negatives to some stats.

Oh wait, that already happened.