What if FE7 was remade with the avatar similar to FE13?

IceBrand

If the avatar units for FE12/13 are any indication, then this hypothetical FE7 avatar would be significantly more powerful than most units, and have absolutely no personality. His dialogue would steal screen time from the original main characters and his supports would be as bland as humanly possible. Obviously, IS could do something different, but since Robin (FE13) and and Mark (FE7) are essentially the same character (to the point that Lyn mistakes Mark for Robin), I highly doubt that.

More importantly, it would give Lyn/Tactician shippers more basis to steal Rath's waifu. Overall, I don't think the idea could work.

i wouldn't buy it

ok let me reword that, if it had potention infinate grinding like it did in awakening along with waifu stuff. then i wouldn't buy it.

if it balanced FE7 greater and only had just theavatar thing without waifu stuff or grinding then maybe i would buy it

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

There was a topic about this quite some time ago. I still maintain it's a horrible idea. FE7 doesn't need a remake just to have a playable avatar. It was good without one.

It would make FE8 jump up to be my favorite FE.

lol why would that be? The original FE7 would still exist, just like the original FE3 still exists despite having been remade with an avatar. This makes no sense.

ok let me reword that, if it had potention infinate grinding like it did in awakening along with waifu stuff. then i wouldn't buy it.

Why would you not buy something because of potentially infinite grinding? Grinding has never been mandatory in any of the games where it is an option. Edited by Starman

It would be terrible. Perhaps not as terrible as remaking, say FE4 and forced an Avatar into the story but it would still be pretty bad. FE7 at least has an existing Tactician so the story wouldn't suffer as much by doing something similar to FE12/13.

lol why would that be? The original FE7 would still exist, just like the original FE3 still exists despite having been remade with an avatar. This makes no sense.

Why would you not buy something because of potentially infinite grinding? Grinding has never been mandatory in any of the games where it is an option.

how about this, i won't throw my money at something i don't support.

its a simple concept really.

Eh, I don't really think it would be that good. If you were going to put the tactician in, maybe make him an actual character, instead of just a Mary Sue/Gary Stu self insert. And as far as actual gameplay goes, I've been thinking about a tactician in a different mold than the powerful combat unit in FE13. Make him a support unit, kind of like the dancers/bards. Instead of having the ability to refresh (2 refreshers breaks the game,) he instead would have a variety of stat buffs to pick to apply, with the supply of bonuses not being limited like with the rings, and perhaps having the buffs apply to all friendly characters in a certain tile radius around him?

Oh, yeah, you're right. >_> Wasn't really thinking, haha.

I guess I meant to say that I wouldn't like the mechanic at all.

NOW YOU CAN PLAY THROUGH THE FIRST TEN CHAPTERS AS ELIWOOD AND/OR HECTOR BRILLIANT

MAIN STORY LYN MODE IS THE NEW LUNATIC MODE (ALSO ALL OF HER STATS ARE REDUCED TO 0 EXCEPT DEF TO COMPENSATE)

NOW YOU CAN PLAY THROUGH THE FIRST TEN CHAPTERS AS ELIWOOD AND/OR HECTOR BRILLIANT

MAIN STORY LYN MODE IS THE NEW LUNATIC MODE (ALSO ALL OF HER STATS ARE REDUCED TO 0 EXCEPT DEF TO COMPENSATE)

wouldn't it be attack though? Otherwise lyn would not be able to hit anything and would fail even more