Almost OC Mafia - Game Over

charlie_

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After sitting around twiddling their thumbs for most of the day, town decided Shin was clearly the wolfiest player in the game.

Shin - Town Tracker, was lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2. You have 24 hours to send in any night actions you have. Night 2 ends at 17:45 GMT+0, or earlier should I get all actions in by that time.

This was BBM, before someone killed him:

wLPgfCm.jpg

BBM - Town Census Talker, was killed Night 2.

Today is LYLO. With 7 alive, it takes 3 to lynch and 4 to hammer. Day 3 ends at 17:30 GMT+0 on the 31st of May.

Great, this is Inception all over again. Phase ended yesterday while I was sleeping, so responding to some things that I missed.

Which of your previous three posts today had reads? You've been around and reading the thread and hadn't made a single post for days.
[spoiler=Look I'll even quote them for you]

Which of those had votes, for that matter?

You just cherrypicked the posts where I made responses and ignored the ones where I gave reads (also even in one of my posts that you quoted, I listed off a read on Cam). I didn't have a vote at the time because I was discussing things with BBM, which I only mention now since he's dead anyways (so whatever role he mentioned isn't really going to benefit from reading that).

(1) If I didn't say "(leaning) town" or "(leaning) scum" they're null. I didn't think I needed to spell that out.

(2) What sort of response do you want to this? I already said I don't think it's That Strong of a towntell. I gave an example of scum doing exactly the same thing.
(3) Please stop twisting things I say. My reads are not "all associative," and even when I made the two separate lists depending on GP's alignment they were not all associative.

Also, your Shinori vote is...kinda weird. You're voting Shinori for playing like he always does, and he's even said he's ~super busy~. Like you're basically voting him for being inactive and not backing things up today, while you say nothing about Cam doing the same thing.
Your Shin townread is meta as fuck, and you had just been scumreading yesterday with no mention of where that went.

(1) Fair enough, I guess.

(2) Because your example comes from a player who plays relatively the same as town and scum (AKA making huge wall posts either way), I don't think it's as relevant as you make it out to be.

(3) The majority of your non-GP reads are associative, though.

I wasn't voting Shinori for a lack of content, but rather that I didn't like the content that he's put out so far.

MY ACTION FAILED WHILE TARGETING REFA.

Cool story, bro.

Will need to take another look at the Shin wagon and reread Euklyd/Shinori in particular, who I think are the most likely to flip scum ATM. They're both looking worse to me after the recent flips, but at the same time a Scum Vigshot seems unlikely so I'm leaning more towards Euklyd at the moment. Not sure what to make of Shinori's action failing, honestly.

okay so
Agreed with Refa this is literally Inception.
EXCEPT THAT THIS TIME I HAVE READS. I should re-read D2 again though, especially the Shin wagon.

You just cherrypicked the posts where I made responses and ignored the ones where I gave reads (also even in one of my posts that you quoted, I listed off a read on Cam). I didn't have a vote at the time because I was discussing things with BBM, which I only mention now since he's dead anyways (so whatever role he mentioned isn't really going to benefit from reading that).

I quoted all three of the posts you had made D2 before I had pointed it out. How is this cherrypicking? Between your last post and when I pointed it out, two days had elapsed. I SAID you hadn't given reads all day (I admit I was wrong on the Camread point, but one (1) read in two (2) days is not exactly great either).

(1) Fair enough, I guess.
(2) Because your example comes from a player who plays relatively the same as town and scum (AKA making huge wall posts either way), I don't think it's as relevant as you make it out to be.
(3) The majority of your non-GP reads are associative, though.

(2) I guess. Still don't think it's as SUPER MEGA OBVTOWN as you and BBM seem to think but meh. I will admit that GP's play has picked up since D1, and it being LYLO I really can't afford to tunnel another day if there's any possibility she's town.
(3) Which ones are those? This is the post where I gave ~all of my then-current reads~ [spoiler=my ((relatively) large) readspost]

I don't understand why Marth switched. He just said "I think I'll go with this," he didn't say "I'm feeling better about Cam now because [...]" he just switched. I didn't say "OMG MARTH MUST BE SCUM" I said I didn't understand it. Me not understanding it is being blown completely out of proportion.
Marth has had overall solid content, even if I don't understand why he switched. Would also like to hear his thoughts wrt me vs. Green Poet. Weak townread.

FFM looks pretty scummy but he always looks like that. I really can't tell here.

The fact that Shin is picking FFM (literally the most lynchable player as either town or scum) to case, and saying nothing about anyone else, bothers me. He sees an easy target and he goes for it. He hasn't talked about anyone else at all today besides some FFM-GP interactions. Scummy.

Cam apparently is ~super busy~ so his lack of content today is sorta excusable. I'd really like to see reads, though, since it looks like he has opinions on who is scum and who is town. His wishy-washiness on townreading GP yesterday is bad, but I've been getting townreads from his general approach.

Shinori is like Cam wrt business but I'm getting fewer townvibes.

BBM is town for reasons I've already articulated, even if he's wrong about both me and GP. Question though
<quote thing>
Doesn't this work both ways? You think scum came out of the woodwork to jump on Cocomon's wagon; does this not also imply that if GP was town, they would also be on her wagon?

I want to know why Refa isn't voting. Or posting. He's definitely been online and posting elsewhere on SF, and I've seen him reading the thread several times, yet he hasn't posted in more than 2 days (if my math is right). This makes me feel much worse about him.
The turbo thing is definitely a point against him, and I don't like his last-minute attempt to justify his Cocomon vote. Refa looks like scum.

GP is still scum. Her reactionaryness yesterday and the grasping to justify the case on me are completely ridiculous, and the hypocrisy is really scummy. The way the counterwagon happened makes me think it was a last-ditch effort by her scumbuddies to save her from getting lynched.
Happy with my vote here.

GP > Refa* ≈ Shin

Which of these are (or were) associative?
My later posts still don't have them being associative.

My reads on Cam and you had associative components, but that's really it.

@Shinori - it sounds like you believe Refa to be the cause of your failed action; is that the case?

Won't be able to post for another 12-16 hours.

I think that Shinori is most likely to flip scum at this time.

shinori why did you claim

you weren't under any particular lynch pressure (unless i'm grossly miscalculating votals, shin was the one at hammer)

I think the claim was warranted, as there were enough players online to shift the lynch to him at the time. What bugs me is that he ambiguously claimed JoaT; all we know that he's claimed is a single vigshot, and he hasn't elaborated on what else he can do. A JoaT seems against the nature of this setup in that we have probably at least three vanillas (me, FFM, and Cam by virtue of Shin's result) and it would be really swingy to give three townies no actions and a JoaT like four shots of something, which I assume is around the case from Shinori's softclaim.

The shift from FFM and I from being his scumreads to his townreads across D2, with no explanations for either, is also pretty bad. The rest of his reads were stated to be dependent on what Shin flipped, with the reasoning "these people are scum if they contribute to a mislynch," which I don't understand. Not clear on why he thought Shin was scummy to start with, or why a Refa/BBM scumteam is likely.

Obviously, not going to vote Shinori now because LYLO, but those are my two cents.

Won't be able to post for another 12-16 hours.

I think that Shinori is most likely to flip scum at this time.

I think the claim was warranted, as there were enough players online to shift the lynch to him at the time. What bugs me is that he ambiguously claimed JoaT; all we know that he's claimed is a single vigshot, and he hasn't elaborated on what else he can do. A JoaT seems against the nature of this setup in that we have probably at least three vanillas (me, FFM, and Cam by virtue of Shin's result) and it would be really swingy to give three townies no actions and a JoaT like four shots of something, which I assume is around the case from Shinori's softclaim.

The shift from FFM and I from being his scumreads to his townreads across D2, with no explanations for either, is also pretty bad. The rest of his reads were stated to be dependent on what Shin flipped, with the reasoning "these people are scum if they contribute to a mislynch," which I don't understand. Not clear on why he thought Shin was scummy to start with, or why a Refa/BBM scumteam is likely.

Obviously, not going to vote Shinori now because LYLO, but those are my two cents.

At that point in time people were in the process of swapping votes over onto me. Also phase end was soon it was the logical decision. Had I waited longer and anyone else vote swapped to me then it may have been to late to claim and voteswap without it being a turbo lynch which is just poor play.

^That's response to cam.

As for refa thing. I think it's weird that no one has claimed blocked yet until just now but I guess it's plausible that only vanillas were blocked or dead people were blocked so I'm not really putting any blame on anyone. I was just letting people know that I was blocked while targeting X person. The blocking is the thing that matters. Person probably not as much.

I like how everyone is trying to lynch me at the moment because they think I will be the easiest target to push which is just bullshit and EXACTLY what scum would do.

Under logical town thinking. I have a vig shot I claimed said cig shot no one counter claimed said vig shot so unless you think this is a scum vig which is probably bs in this game with us being in a 4/3 scenario most likely cause of numbers and LYLO and tons of vanillas there is no reason to think that I'm scum. Yeh I've been inactive, I was busy with work and didn't wanna post at all when I got off work. I probably should have subbed but I wanted to play. HOWEVER the fact that I'm not scum should be obvious and people pushing me look horrendously bad.

Yay actionspec.

Say mafia killed Eury N1. Probably a reasonable assumption because she effortposts.

But we have two N1 kills, so let's assume Shinori did kill Poly. Both N1 deaths are now accounted for.

With no doctor, every kill should make its mark N2 as well. But only one death occurs. So. . .

scenario (1) - both mafia and SK!Shinori targeted BBM

scenario (2) - mafia targeted BBM and JoaT!Shinori targeted Refa with something else (probably either roleblock or rolecop based on yesterday's softclaim)

It's just a gut feeling, but I don't think there's an SK in this setup. . .

Moving on. . .

MY ACTION FAILED WHILE TARGETING REFA.

I'm reading this as though it's implying that you know/think that Refa himself was the cause of the action failing. Can you verify if that's the case?

Refa should out if he commuted or something.

I like how everyone is trying to lynch me at the moment because they think I will be the easiest target to push which is just bullshit and EXACTLY what scum would do.

Pretty sure that scum is going to be inconspicuous until one vote is put on a townie so that they can turbo them, in the same way that you won SFMM4. What does scum stand to gain from actively making cases on you?

HOWEVER the fact that I'm not scum should be obvious and people pushing me look horrendously bad.

Why are you cleared town?

It's also rather odd that Shinori isn't dead, seeing as he claimed to have shots of roles "like rolecop, roleblock and commute" remaining. Why would scum choose to kill BBM, who was only known to be informed, rather than a JoaT?

If someone drove BBM and Shinori or something similar, they should claim.

Under logical town thinking. I have a vig shot I claimed said cig shot no one counter claimed said vig shot so unless you think this is a scum vig which is probably bs in this game with us being in a 4/3 scenario most likely cause of numbers and LYLO and tons of vanillas there is no reason to think that I'm scum.

Actually. . . this is a fair point.

I just don't get how a JoaT can exist alongside 3+ vanillas? Ehhh. . .

Assuming the game is 4/3 with only one nightkill left, this does make sense and it's possible for Shinori to have been a 1-shot vig. But assuming 4/2/1, the same is still possible. . .

Pretty sure that scum is going to be inconspicuous until one vote is put on a townie so that they can turbo them, in the same way that you won SFMM4. What does scum stand to gain from actively making cases on you?

Why are you cleared town?

It's also rather odd that Shinori isn't dead, seeing as he claimed to have shots of roles "like rolecop, roleblock and commute" remaining. Why would scum choose to kill BBM, who was only known to be informed, rather than a JoaT?

If someone drove BBM and Shinori or something similar, they should claim.

IF SCUM HAVE A GOD DAMN ROLE BLOCK THEN WHY BOTHER KILLING ME

You know what fuck it

IF this loses the game whatever.

Fuck you gp

##Vote: GP

Still here. For how much longer, who knows.

Shinori, I'm not even voting you yet. Why are you voting anyone at this point?

You're like playing Devil's advocate and like fuck that.

Am i town or scum?

I'm trying to bring up everything I can to help make the most educated decision. Can you not see that?

what the fuck Shinori unvote right now

EVEN IF GREEN POET IS SCUMMY you should not vote her now jesus christ don't risk throwing the fucking game.

I'm about to get off the compy gimme a reason not to leave my vote on you as i sleep.

because scum will turbo me and win if there's a 3-person scumteam

the longer that vote is up the more time scum will get to pull it off

you used the same tactic in sfmm4