FE6: Both, but leaning more toward Females

FE7: Both, but leaning more toward Females

FE8: Females

FE9: Females

FE11: Males

FE12: Males

FE13: Females

Overall...I'd have to say females.

I picked the one with the warpers and the Pegasus Knights. Men have their Jeigans and probably more units with overall better stats, but yeah...warpers and pegasus knights, man. Also Titania.

I picked the one with the warpers and the Pegasus Knights. Men have their Jeigans and probably more units with overall better stats, but yeah...warpers and pegasus knights, man. Also Titania.

But, you know, warp mean nothing, when you don't have anyone with good combat. Same thing with filers.

IMO you need both to play effective. Without warp/wings you tc will be bad, and without good combat you don't have use of wings .

Don't say "But Espi didn't used male units and he was doing good", because if Espi would have his units with average stats he wouldn't end it with that good tc. That's LTC. In LTC some things are just diffrent.

Females

I recall the "best fe10 team" thread (draft-like in terms of rules), and more than half of the team were female units. Fliers, mounts, sages and warpers do an excellent job. Not that males don't, but, iirc, generally, females are preferred in drafts due to ltc and such. Just, I mean JILL AND TITANIA :o

But, you know, warp mean nothing, when you don't have anyone with good combat. Same thing with filers.

IMO you need both to play effective. Without warp/wings you tc will be bad, and without good combat you don't have use of wings .

Don't say "But Espi didn't used male units and he was doing good", because if Espi would have his units with average stats he wouldn't end it with that good tc. That's LTC. In LTC some things are just diffrent.

Fliers are the ones with good combat...

males have sigurd, seth, and leaf man.

they also have almost as many warpers too.

Yeah, but the girl warpers are almost always the best ones (especially the ones who can use Repair); Lena, Silk, Malliesia, Saphy, Niime, and I know fuck all about FE10.

I'm not saying it's like OBVIOUS VICTORY FE MOST FEMINIST SERIES EVUR, just what I think is better lol.

In fe3 book one wendall is a better warper than Lena (and can actually fight pretty well)

in fe4 leaf crushes all the staff users really hard although FE4 male units are so much better than female units its not even funny

in fe5 I won't deny that Safy is more key, but Sleuf is way better when both exist later on due to have lots more move stars. There's also Salem and Sety

in fe6 Saul warps before Niime exists, Yodel isn't much worse than her either

in fe7 pent is the best by a lot

in fe8 artur and saleh crush everyone

it's a lot closer than you probably think. Lena is only really good in fe11, where Wendally doesn't immediately have the rank.

Edited by General Horace

Fliers are the ones with good combat...

I'm dissagree. Sure, they can do something, but male characters work better.

Can you throw average Vanessa in middle of Ch15 and hope she ORKO everything and survive?

I think no. But there are male units, who can do that. Seth. Saleh. Gerik. Duessel.

FE5: Both

FE8: Females

FE8 have probaly best male character in series. Seth is male. Forde/Fanz/Kyle are male. Duessel is male. Saleh is male. Innes is male.

Natasha has more warp than Moulder, but Artur also has good warp range.

Neimi suck, Amelia sucks, Syrene do nothing amaizing. L'Arachel comes way too late. Marisa sucks. Tana is kinda overrated. Cormag is at least as good as she.

Overall notmany good female character. Do I miss someone?

However I feel that FE5 have very good female characters. Machua is almost as good as Havan. Karin do many useful things. Tina, Linoan, Sara an Saphy outclass Seful. Best bosskiller and earlygame units are male, but IMO female do more in this game.

I get the feeling that not everyone is voting based on gameplay.

Sometimes I think that some guys on this forum don't have girlfriend because they like female characters from anime/games.

From what I've played:

FE4: Males, and it's not even close.

FE6: Males. Miledy is the best unit, but Percival, Rutger, Lance, Alan and Saul are guys, and very good units.

FE7: Males. Marcus, Sain, Raven, Pent, Harken, etc. The only women who are really good in this game are the peg. knights, Ninian and Priscilla, from what I've seen.

FE8: Males. Seth. Enough said.

FE9: Females. Titania, Marcia, Jill.

FE10: I don't really know. Female, I guess?

FE11: Females. Shiida and Lena are everything you need.

FE12: Females. Catria, Palla, Shiida, Malicia.

FE13: Females. GALEFORCE. In my experience, Sully, Sumia, Cordelia, Panne and Miriel are better than the male 1st gen characters (the avatar doesn't count because they can be any gender).

Kind of a tie, I guess? I'm voting male because the gap on 4, 6, 7 and 8 is bigger, IMO

Edited by First Impressions of Earth

Can you throw average Vanessa in middle of Ch15 and hope she ORKO everything and survive?

I think no. But there are male units, who can do that. Seth. Saleh. Gerik. Duessel.

LOL. I don't think so.

I also agree that FE8 clearly has better male units.

I'm not going to vote. But, I am sort of glad you actually made a topic on this, if only to simply answer back to the topic you sort of brought up (even if jokingly) back at the other topic.

I don't really ever make a different between male and female characters. It seems that I've played FE so much, that it gave me that sort of effect. I just...use characters- Not genders.

Going with male based on the games I've played, focusing on the upper end because that's more likely to affect gameplay rather than Bors being less bad than Wendy.

FE6: Men have all the Cavaliers/Paladins which is huge (Marcus, Percival, Zealot, Lance, Alan) and also have Rutger, Saul, and Shin. Miledy, Niime, Thany and Tate all are quite useful as well, but just not as much overall.

FE7: Marcus being male is a pretty big shift and they also have Sain as well as Pent for warping. Ninian and Florina are pretty useful but then it's more men than women after that anyway.

FE8: Men get Seth as well as capable warpers in Artur and Saleh. They also get some capable secondary units like Ephraim, Duessel, Franz, Cormag etc. Females get Vanessa for flying utility and Tethys for refreshing, which is helpful but not as much.

FE9: Females get Titania and the two top fliers (Marcia and Jill). The guys do have more upper units outside of the top three, but there are some useful upper tier females (Tanith and Astrid) as well so going with female.

FE10: Haar, Ike, and Sothe is pretty hard for the females to beat, Titania and Jill just aren't enough especially when males have more refreshers.

FE11: Despite males making up a large portion of the earlygame cast, Caeda's Wing Spear combined with Lena's warping abilities is pretty hard to pass up, so going with female.

FE12: Malicia for warping, Feena for refreshing, Palla, Catria, and Caeda. MU can be either gender so I'm not counting them...which leaves units like Etzel, Luke, and Sirius who aren't as key.

So 4:3 males

LOL. I don't think so.

Saleh eats itty-bitty pegs and wyverns for brekfast. For dinner he ORKO Valter. He is one of best units in this game.

Edited by Nicolas

FE8 have probaly best male character in series. Seth is male. Forde/Fanz/Kyle are male. Duessel is male. Saleh is male. Innes is male.

Natasha has more warp than Moulder, but Artur also has good warp range.

Neimi suck, Amelia sucks, Syrene do nothing amaizing. L'Arachel comes way too late. Marisa sucks. Tana is kinda overrated. Cormag is at least as good as she.

Overall notmany good female character. Do I miss someone?

However I feel that FE5 have very good female characters. Machua is almost as good as Havan. Karin do many useful things. Tina, Linoan, Sara an Saphy outclass Seful. Best bosskiller and earlygame units are male, but IMO female do more in this game.

I'm the guy that solos FE8 with Vanessa, so there may have been a bit of bias in that statement. :V I agree with you, for the most part.

Edited by UFO

I don't think he doubted Saleh could kill the enemies, it's the surviving them that's questionable.

Saleh with dragoshield is 4HKO by Wyverns. 3HKO without.

And remember they have problem with hitting him.

That's still not very durable, Vanessa is likely to be just as if not more durable at that point, with higher avoid, and she's better against the Mercs and stuff.

I haven't sent Saleh down south in a while, since he's your best unit to kill Caellach anyway, so I might not be remembering things as well. I just remember in my old LTC run he had some massive issues surviving, and he had quite a few levels under his belt, 4-5?

Damn, I forgot that Erika Route has dragospear. That is changing much.

Sorry, but I prefer Ephraim Route.

And even if I play Erika, I give every energy ring to Saleh, because I make him my main warper.