petition to delete serious discussion

Darros

There just isnt a way to discuss that without nastiness. I just dont think so. I get what yer saying and i do agree, but man the internet is dark and full of terrors.

Oh, trust me, there would have to be, the topic is like that. I just hope that everyone would be able to discuss even the most morbid or sickening of things with reason and without it going completely batshit.

utopia, I know

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even I'm not that evil.

think of it as a blessing to the rest of the forums

Tbh if that topic was posted and someone shared that ugly opinion Loki I would probably just start bitching them out along with 99% of the people here (i hope) or we would at least want to. But of course it is sd and that's not how things work there. They'd probably just end up being ostracized and end up leaving. (wondering who you thought might say that still)

The people who ask questions like the ones in all those obnoxious threads would still find a way to ask them, though. I think the only way to get what you want would be to make firmer guidelines about what can be posted about, and that just brings its own problems, along with being farther in the wrong direction than I'd like forum administration to go.

Seriously, speaking just for myself, as a nerd who's spent way too much time on forums? SF has its moments, but in more other places I've been than not, it would be considered far too tame to have any of it be actually worth deleting.

Anything to bring my jimmies back.

You double posted.

Ill just say it right here. I was wondering if someone did make a thread about that and you guys went "NOPE" cuz of how sensitive the topic is. Since you guys arent doing that, oh well. Its now in the hands of the members.

There just isnt a way to discuss that without nastiness. I just dont think so. I get what yer saying and i do agree, but man the internet is dark and full of terrors.

*squints*

I did? Can I have a link, I'm blind

Surprised this isn't a poll of some sort. something should definitely be implemented with multiple comical poll options to stay true to its fftf home.

Edited by Fluorspar

Be glad I'm a lowly Section Mod. . .tee-hee~!

get out of there before you're corrupted too

Surprised this isn't a poll of some sort. something should definitely be implemented with multiple comical poll options to stay true to its fftf home.

ikr

Edited by Comet

Seriously, speaking just for myself, as a nerd who's spent way too much time on forums? SF has its moments, but in more other places I've been than not, it would be considered far too tame to have any of it be actually worth deleting.

this is really it. honestly, i think all of this place is so peaceful that when anything happens people flip their shit. certain topics garner more attention, like tier lists and shit, but overall nothing really happens.

this is really it. honestly, i think all of this place is so peaceful that when anything happens people flip their shit. certain topics garner more attention, like tier lists and shit, but overall nothing really happens.

at least the popcorn industry does well here

popcorn_seinfeld.gif

Edited by Comet

get out of there before you're corrupted too

SOMEONE has to be brave enough to wade into the weirdness that is Far from the Forest Serious Discussion, and figure out what to do when emotions run way the hell to high! Or when a thread derails so much it winds up in another dimension!

(seriously, guys, follow the rules, and I'll happily go back to being a bot remover)

i think every thread needs 300% more bunnies

I recently read about how the transfer of bunnies to Australia for hunting ended up being a huge ecological disaster for the continent/country. Someone could make a serious discussion thread debating how to solve this problem and get rid of the obnoxious pests for the sake of Parrhesia and any other SF Aussies. Doing this would probably increase concentration of "bunny related discussion" by an unimaginable magnitude, since SD is probably more or less bereft of rabbits as is.

Edited by SeverIan

I recently read about how the transfer of bunnies to Australia for hunting ended up being a huge ecological disaster for the continent/country. Someone could make a serious discussion thread debating how to solve this problem and get rid of the obnoxious pests for the sake of Parrhesia and any other SF Aussies. Doing this would probably increase concentration of "bunny related discussion" by an unimaginable magnitude, since SD is probably more or less bereft of rabbits as is.

People there will find a way to turn this into an obnoxious thread.

To be honest the real problem is that everyone ignores the major parts of what people are saying and get into a giant argument about minor things, and then in those arguments peoples major points are lost and so on and so forth. People choose to ignore what causes problems for them and argue what they think they can win.