Football Manager 2014 Story - Sutton United

Tryhard

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my god Sunderland's offence must be something horrific if their goalie has 7 clean sheets and they still only have 5 wins

They did get a lot of 0-0's.

Sheffield United aren't that bad a team to play I would say, even if we lost to them previously.

qW68JrV.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Fleetwood

Final Score: 2-2

i9xlLgY.jpg

I was pretty annoyed that they equalised at the start of injury time to get a draw. O'Connor had to get a second chance for his goal in order to score, and an admittedly great strike from Hogan (yeah) resigned us to one point at the end of the game.

Championship

Bolton vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-2

iSf90mw.jpg

Bolton aren't doing that great right now, but after Beck got a game at the start of the second half, an inswinging cross giving them their goal before O'Connor taking a great freekick that sealed the game along wiht an advantage in possession.

GayĆ” grabbed two assists in the last game and consistently runs the most on the team since I generally keep him on for the full game - about 14.4km in the last game.

vzGZQnp.jpg

Apparently Stoke may also be subject to a takeover.

XdYdjxt.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Peterborough

C63xI81.jpg

Peterborough are up in the playoff spots as well, and this was poor finishing though it was probably fair that we lost. Unfortunate that another relatively late goal was scored from a chip into the box.

I've been linked with the Chartlon job, supposedly. I suppose their manager has been sacked for their run of form which is six losses in a row.

OX7X87z.jpg

Yeah, no. SUTTON 4 LYFE.

ebZBnPU.jpg

Kretzschmar is someone I haven't mentioned very much, but he is getting frequent games in midfield at this point. He generally does a serviceable job.

hlS3UVP.jpg

This was a strange event, but I solved it pretty quickly.

4w3dtnj.jpg

RMtEtSL.jpg

I would never leave Sutton.

wM6gXpv.jpg

O'Connor has been rotated and playing well recently, but that is seven Yeovil Town players there. I guess they had an amazing game.

mx9cgVl.jpg

Lee Sawyer is still as a free agent, one that I could sign again if I wanted to. Not that I would now, but his 108 appearances have served its worth.

j7IxE58.jpg

Tony Pulis is now apparently manager of Stoke.

G4Nk70u.jpg

Wow, alternate-univese Pulis is kind of a dick.

IHsY7Qd.jpg

Championship

Stoke vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-1

CsqFfAX.jpg

I was hoping for a win after that last comment, but it was not to be. Both goals came from fairly simple headers from corners, and with a fairly equal game with not many chances at either end, though they had more shots despite them not being as accurate on goal.

Always the wing backs. Well, I guess they are running the most on the team.

d0ajPd5.jpg

Bournemouth climb a little bit in the bottom half of the table.

E0abI2b.jpg

I'm actually not sure how this is meant to be interpreted as in pass it as in go over the limit or pass the fair play regulation "test".

fWizFGB.jpg

And it looks like Stoke has completed their takeover - and it looks like Tony Pulis may be out of a job too. Guy isn't lucky.

HkDdYOC.jpg

Championship

Watford vs Sutton United

fF0ewDr.jpg

Paulinho has to score pretty much immediately but it led to another away draw, which I'm completely okay with. Watford managed to score from a corner while Paulinho scored from open play.

Championship

Sutton United vs Burnley

Final Score: 1-0

eAVjPxX.jpg

Despite a pretty good performance against Burnley, it stayed at one goal and it was scored quite late by Beck, who followed up from a Paulinho shot. That said, there wasn't many other chances.

Wayne Brown recovers from his injury, and we have another midfielder to use. Thankfully, there hasn't really been a lack of them recently.

aYOq6Vf.jpg

The group stages for the world cup in 2018 got drawn - Scotland actually qualified, imagine that. and wales

mNP2qdc.jpg

z6vin1r.jpg

Championship

Leeds vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-3

URBEeaz.jpg

There's that man Dabanli getting another header to start off with. After that, OrtĆ­ scored from a freekick around that same corner position again before Leeds scored from a corner and header themselves. GayĆ” then scored from a pass through and running onto it from the wing, and after that Stokes managed to have another goal even though he was the lone man up in the box when a pass was delivered in the midst of six defenders.

Despite not scoring, Paulinho had all three assists. Excellent game from him.

HTCsY4g.jpg

lAPiu8f.jpg

hdHYEQy.jpg

Lawless set his date for retirement, which means we'll probably need another attacking midfielder choice perhaps by the end of the season.

BGRVZNr.jpg

A look of some of the draws for the FA Cup 3rd Round. We get Swindon Town, a League 2 team.

k7vZeGT.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Leicester

Final Score: 4-0

7EP8GTx.jpg

Their left back got sent off very quickly for a rash challenge and that lead to a massacre really, though they had their own chances. The ball was crossed in for both of the OrtĆ­ goals, OrtĆ­ himself assisted to pass the ball through to Beck for the first goal, and Rafferty had the ball pinged in for the last one.

That signals a run of five unbeaten games now currently.

JTg6pyF.jpg

JLLyIqq.jpg

Young returns from injury despite not being needed.

NxPranh.jpg

The defenders did have a good game to be fair because Leicester still did have some worrying high shots on target just below ours. Thankfully the defense seemed to do well enough to deal with their attempts.

kaGtFGg.jpg

Capital One Cup Quarter Final

Sheffield United vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-2

4LpXhQk.jpg

Horvat was excellent in this game on the wing. He scored very early and then in the second half, both times coming off the wing after OrtĆ­ passed to him. Otherwise, it was pretty one sided with Sheffield barely getting any shots off. This should make up for the previous loss, though having them in the quarter finals seems like a let-off.

2OqBYz2.jpg

He also had a time running down the wing at 14.5km total distance, too.

02QBIPP.jpg

And yes, that winning streak at the end brought us top. Just about. Fucking hell.

2e3hJFA.png

These smaller updates do motivate me to do about eight matches each update though, so I at least I can do that.

egcRitH.png

my god Sunderland's offence must be something horrific if their goalie has 7 clean sheets and they still only have 5 wins

we have jozy altidore in real life, so.

how the fuck did fucking iraq and china make it to 2018 over us.

how are we first.

Edited by Parrhesia

Nothing but the big boys left, and I doubt I'm going to get into the final. At least it's not a Manchester team this time.

LT9SK5B.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Portsmouth

Final Score: 3-4

E1avA7r.jpg

Yeah, going two goals down was pretty bad from corners from the same guy - but Beck take one back before Wilson scored after Arnold spilled a shot from him. Going another goal down from an own goal, and Beck scored another before Foti scored from a spilled shot himself. A lot of effort to come back, but didn't amount to anything except a slim win for Portsmouth in the end.

Lockyer is playing mostly as a substitute currently to keep centre backs from tiring.

nRlKp1t.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Bournemouth

Final Score: 1-0

UBVIbP6.jpg

Interesting that despite having quite a few shots, the only goal to be scored was very early on and there was very little in terms of other highlights. GayĆ” scored very early on with an assist from that man... Paulinho.

I think that Paulinho might end up with a record number of assists this season, too.

EnoB8pT.jpg

Both legs of the semi-final have been televised, going to receive about Ā£100K for them.

E7VaQgC.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Birmingham

Final Score: 2-1

bYpiNwt.jpg

Maybe a bit of a soft penalty first but one that Foti scored. There was an immediate reply from their winger coming in from the channels, and it took until the 77th minute before Lee Cox got his first goal. It probably could have been more if there was more accuracy behind the shots as we mostly overpowered Birmingham.

There was an option to change mid-season goals, but I left it the way it is. Once again, transfer and wage budget increases aren't likely to do a lot for us right now, and the board is generally more pleased if you leave it lower and exceed the expectations.

G1QxlaG.jpg

Yeah so Messi has apparently won this since 2009 in a row.

vZK6xLV.jpg

This has been some impressive form despite the one draw and one loss.

VSYu06r.jpg

Apparently Wayne Brown's performance has been disappointing? Glad that he's the only one I've got on a loan deal.

ctcw4Bt.jpg

Championship

Aston Villa vs Sutton United

Final Score: 6-5

D3tKbMO.jpg

This match was some high grade bullshit. Being two goals up in five minutes was nice, but after that there was some cruising of the game after they got a penalty and eventually Beck brought it back to a two goal lead, and one of their players got themselves sent off. After that, ten man Aston Villa managed to always equalise as we were brought in front and won the game in injury time. I think both defenses went to sleep.

OX34xCZ.jpg

EiznjAE.jpg

Oh yeah, and the penalty being the first goal they got was adjudged to be pretty soft, too.

ZNA0zw3.jpg

ESaDY3a.jpg

idlADId.jpg

And Paulinho has even broken the record already for the top number of assists in the Championship.

NTnNnvv.jpg

Slightly closer than the last high-scoring game that was the record.

2pIGM2L.jpg

Definitely had to criticise some of the performances. Rose and Rafferty were adjudged to be the worst in that game.

KySdePC.jpg

5MlbVU5.jpg

FA Cup 3rd Round

Swindon Town vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-5

1O9808U.jpg

This was a whitewash, though. Five different people scoring, but a very easy game considering Swindon aren't a great team even in League 2. Really quite easy, though the clean sheet was broken near the end from a corner, which was rather disappointing.

CSJqbEH.jpg

Horvat was the man of the match for the game, collecting two assists and a goal for himself.

wnMp0Uu.jpg

I don't know how, but we got a Skrill Premier team in the next round.

zuWPEO1.jpg

Mancini be hating.

M1ubaav.jpg

Capital One Cup Semi Final Leg 1

Arsenal vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-0

QjbGGuN.jpg

Even with Arsenal controlling much of the game this was probably not the worst it could be. I wasn't expecting anything out of this, especially it being away, but after the initial two goal leak the game was actually well defended for the rest of the match, not that we looked threatening at all.

Championship

Crystal Palace vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-0

d6ivdwd.jpg

I think it's been a while since we've seen this scoreline, but there were few chances between the teams and for what there was both goalies did extremely well - Arnold actually got the man of the match. Not exactly riveting, but a draw was fair.

eAvvoGo.jpg

I don't think LONG BALLS are really an aspect I go with, but okay.

zxXWvQZ.jpg

Championship

Wolves vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-6

Fyy1ohV.jpg

Wolves were just below in the league so I thought this away game would be really tough but it ended up being quite humiliating for them. Six different scorers, and this was probably the best team performance I've seen in a while despite still two goals against.

LGiKZHO.jpg

GayĆ” was also the man of the match, scoring once and picking up two assists. Arnold did well to save other chances despite letting in two goals.

fdHf534.jpg

7sCXGXK.jpg

Capital One Cup Semi Final Leg 2

Sutton United vs Arsenal

Final Score: 2-1 (agg. 2-3)

hhGoMIQ.jpg

Arsenal were actually completely shut out of this, unable to muster a shot on target in the entire game. The only reason they scored is from a dangerous cross that Horvat scored an own goal from. The rest was good play from us, despite the inability to overturn the aggregrate score, so this will be the exit from the Capital One Cup.

COUrckF.jpg

SAh0Mid.jpg

A very good run, considering. Premier league teams are a bit out of reach for now... but winning the second leg was encouraging.

I5HTA4E.jpg

BfEPtFw.jpg

Put in his place. Losing to a team one league below you in a leg.

6uC2Nou.jpg

That's a pretty ridiculous run. As you can imagine, Chelsea are also the previous winners that are in the final with Arsenal.

h2zvikL.jpg

A pretty good turnout for a game against a lower conference team.

ujO7lNb.jpg

FA Cup 4th Round

AFC Wimbledon vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-5

BtqlglY.jpg

Once again another dominating win against a team that we originally started along with on level, but not don't have good enough players to be able to compete. I'll leave the explaining to the match overview.

9wbwdqX.jpg

RuJ3AAm.jpg

Yzca6Eq.jpg

Scoring a nice goal that wasn't a header and keeping a clean sheet, Dabanli had man of the match.

wHUUGun.jpg

Another game against Aston Villa to come.

KUltPCp.jpg

As for finances, they have received a boost from income recently. Before I was around Ā£1.6M in expenditures this season because of transfers.

F2G4niJ.png

Here is the current table, with a game in hand as playing cup games takes their position in the timetable.

BsbHAKJ.png

And here is the last games of the season. Coming into the home stretch. That home game against Brighton will probably be very important.

1lckE2J.png

Edited by Tryhard

Paulinho is on the way there

I wonder what his market value is

Paulinho is now at a value of three point six million (Ā£3.6M)

reminder that I bought him for eight hundred and seventy five thousand (Ā£875K)

Paulinho is now at a value of three point six million (Ā£3.6M)

one half of a jozy altidore.

still offering #suttonrising avatars to thread regulars

Edited by Parrhesia

I mean, I'm sure Kelsper himself is a lot better than Jozy.

Jozy Altidore is now at Galatasaray. In fact he has been moving team every year since the start of the game actually - I don't know why I didn't check this.

GkNd0mt.png

And yeah as a defender I could probably score more than IRL Jozy Altidore.

Edited by Tryhard

Tom Cleverley is absolute shite.

751hVmt.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Middlesbrough

w5Pn4Ll.jpg

A bad start but recovered well. They pretty much immediately scored from a cross into the box but it wasn't until the first half that Beck was given the chance to equalise which he took. Beck got another one on one with the goalkeeper but was unable to put away, and it ended as a draw. Unfortunately Paulinho got himself sent off right at the end for a two-footed challenge, probably justified.

That ban isn't exactly going to help since he's my best player currently.

Hzb23Bp.jpg

ATkUkm5.jpg

And we have a bid for a youth player with great potential I picked up a while ago - Damien Coffey. And woah-- Ā£1.1M?

LPKJX4J.jpg

As you can see here, he looks to be an excellent prospect for a 17 year old. I decide to reject the offer, and I immediately promote him to the first team. I will try to give him first team experience.

0F2d9GY.png

You know I wouldn't really call that 5-1 hammering by Blackpool exactly spectactular at the end there.

1qL2lxl.jpg

Championship

Sheffield United vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-4

RJWdscX.jpg

And playing him in his first match, the beast has awoken. He got two goals on his debut within five minutes of each other. He also gave an assist to OrtĆ­. Arnold had a terrible error to allow them a goal and a header secured the other, but otherwise an extremely good game for Coffey over Sheffield.

I don't see Southampton offering anything, but yeah.

BlwWCs7.jpg

pSqtVRl.jpg

And so I got him on a two year deal at Ā£180p/week. I think it will go up if he keeps playing like this, so may as well do it now.

AhcyEvB.jpg

And that man there.

GcOrbLR.jpg

So Paulinho is going to be banned for a few more matches.

7omuay2.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Ipswitch Town

BZTOTks.jpg

A pretty good home performance - GayĆ” had a really good early goal, and Coffey buried a penalty. Otherwise, not too much happened.

Muh records.

FbgYwvf.jpg

I need to win this match against Aston Villa.

cwkyvuK.jpg

And I figure OrtĆ­ would be a good tutor for Coffey.

UNkOm5T.jpg

Championship

West Ham vs Sutton United

WWWgmpj.jpg

Good play from West Ham but we were able to get the win with a penalty before they equalised through crossing into the box, and Foti got his second. West Ham had a disallowed goal before Arnold saved another shot from a one on one and the game ended as a win.

wvC46un.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Brighton

Final Score: 3-2

NF1PRyu.jpg

Probably the most important game this season considering it was effectively a six point game. Paulinho just came back in time for this game and what a reappearance, scoring on his second shot after it rebounded, and an excellent goal just inside the box for his second. Forrest scored an even better goal for Brighton and Stephens scored a header before Foti gave the win late on.

QY9BGP7.jpg

This guy is indispensible.

6gV7BGE.jpg

4IlUa0V.jpg

"Top half" being first place, of course. Game please.

MJa3Iiz.jpg

FA Cup 5th Round

Sutton United vs Aston Villa

Final Score: 3-3

PCMHzHX.jpg

A draw means it's going to go to a replay match, but it was disappointing to concede so poorly twice early on. The second was a good strike, though Arnold was beaten on his near post, which was disappointing. After that, however, Kretzschmar scored from a corner before Coffey activated beast mode again and scored twice again in five minutes. Didn't defend well at all for a cross coming in and Vellios of Aston Villa made it a draw.

I think there might be a new legend in progress, lads.

nr6qi6x.jpg

At this stage cup games do get a lot of money just for participating in them.

4QDyB86.jpg

I have mostly left out these progress updates, but Paulinho does appear the most really. Twenty-six assists.

GDqJb9M.jpg

Hearn is actually a Head of Youth Department with no club right now. Unfortunately his staff stats aren't very good at all.

m1V53bj.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Blackpool

BTV0Iae.jpg

Not much else to say other than Blackpool dominated the game which is strange since it was at home, scoring two goals and there wasn't much else that happened despite us having more possession.

An9Tqgo.jpg

Apparently it's going to have a lot of people, though it is away this time.

7fm4s86.jpg

This guy seems really good considering his goals ratio.

IXyNfnB.jpg

FA Cup 5th Round

Aston Villa vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-3

YN0YJcc.jpg

While Aston villa had a disallowed goal early on, this went very poorly for them considering they had their defender sent off very early for being the last man and had to get through the rest of the match with ten men. Worse for them, it was also a penalty. O'Connor put it away though it wasn't until much later in the second half before Paulinho put another away and Coffey sealed the deal with a comfortable three nil win.

99nee7f.jpg

zJmPJ9Q.jpg

And making it into the sixth round we are up against Sunderland again.

19GpJGa.jpg

Paulinho once again picking up man of the match.

Pw95j1A.jpg

He's one I'm trying to rest, at least. He's been playing pretty consistently in defensive midfield.

X5jbkZE.jpg

Dabanli will be out for the next game at least.

8JiDuNh.jpg

This one is a lot more seriously, though. He was pretty good in midfield so a bit of an annoyance but we'll manage.

1jGlKhR.jpg

Moysey hasn't been doing badly for himself recently.

q1vnosu.jpg

The profit has jumped quite a lot now.

wcOaeSc.jpg

JOZY ALTIDORE DOESN'T WANT A CONTRACT WITH ME wasn't actually going to but you know

Jh78nsL.jpg

It was about this time that I realized that John Terry was the manager at Charlton. Yeah, okay.

sqj0jjE.jpg

Championship

Charlton vs Sutton United

FJzRA5e.jpg

Yeah, take that John Terry. Good away performance and pretty easily came away with the win considering they barely had any shots. And of course Coffey got another goal.

Clough has a minor injury here.

w4SgvzU.jpg

Isn't really that much of a give-out, honestly.

qQok1W9.jpg

FA Cup 6th Round

Sunderland vs Sutton United

BRrkgo2.jpg

A pretty dull game aside from the two goals that both came from crosses. Even without a lot of shots was pretty unlucky to remain a draw from our perspective, but with the replay taking place at home that should be a hopefully easier endeavour.

For a winger, I would assume this would probably be one of the better things to have, yes.

MYdHRV7.jpg

Championship

Yeovil Town vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-0

iEwhBbO.jpg

Despite pretty much dominating the entire play, there were very few chances that were actually highlights and for what he did the Yeovil goalkeeper received the man of the match as we were completely unable to break them down for 90 minutes.

Championship

Sutton United vs Bolton

Final Score: 2-2

EVWSxxh.jpg

Getting all the draws. The first goal came from a corner and header before Beck scored from a shot after it rolled out to him from a corner too. A freakish goal was scored by Clarke that was probably meant to be a cross before a penalty made it a draw. Probably more than a little disappointing considering we could have won this quite comfortably, but oh well.

I like Paulinho doesn't score, but gets one assist and man of the match for simply being so awesome.

mpQpJUR.jpg

It's true that Beck hasn't scored in a good while, but since he is the target man instead I wasn't too worried about that.

igcUjLx.jpg

FA Cup 6th Round

Sutton United vs Sunderland

G3lr3c3.jpg

Not too many chances but the ones that we had went our way. Two crosses into the box allowed GayĆ” and Beck to score and send us through to the next round.

g8h7CE5.png

MsJDaVn.jpg

I ask the board to upgrade the youth facilities considering we have received a decent amount of money now - Ā£1.6M, apparently.

KijKgrZ.jpg

And unfortunately Young will be out injured for a couple weeks, but fucking arthritis? Really?

PD33ilp.jpg

The league as it currently is. We still have a game in hand.

3cSfvjZ.png

And the final fixtures - I should complete this season in the next update, also a FA Cup Semi Final to play that's not listed:

VBmSQgW.png

Edited by Tryhard