• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

AND SO IT CAME TO PASS THAT ON THE 28TH DAY SUTTON DID RISE

so, excuses:

a) i'm a lazy cunt

b) i'm a busy cunt (not really, but i have been doing other stuff)

c) i've actually been looking over the possible signings for a while because Championship is some shit man

d) i'm a lazy cunt

[spoiler=Pre-Season]And so we're finally back in the pre-season.

LRytWUg.jpg

5DsyY0n.jpg

After being out for some time, Richards makes a full recovery before the pre-season.

eYeEIS0.jpg

As for the playoffs on who was promoted with us, this is what occured. A 4-0 win over Leyton Orient is quite dominating from Fleetwood.

IaqS5tC.jpg

WjS64NH.jpg

HWyVmox.jpg

Payouts bonuses are mostly offset from the much improved rewards of being in League 1 - £325K isn't a bad sum at all.

xbVVbjP.jpg

RrH6W5A.jpg

That second sentence seems kind of redundant, but oh well.

iqxIUtE.jpg

Who else, right?

6oVdNL2.jpg

tniu9sy.jpg

The top goalscorer in League 1 got his reward. Unfortunately for him, even though he got 28 goals, his team Notts County still came in 19th place in League 1.

ys4gb2A.jpg

For getting his team promoted through the playoffs the Fleetwood manager was pretty good for them.

KuyqYwJ.jpg

And of course Paulinho appears on the Team of the Year - Richards does too, it's a pity he was injured some of the time.

dyz8mAA.jpg

Dn0zvSh.jpg

And once again there will be no loss in taxes.

8xp4aYN.jpg

From ~£90K to £525K. Yeah.

deCXJF0.jpg

I actually checked the types of chairmen that give you vast amounts of money and their types - there is three types from what I can understand: foreground, background and underwriter. Foreground will constantly pump money in the club regardless if they need it at all. Background will look to make sure the club doesn't get in too much debt by occasionally supplying the club with more money, and underwriter means there will be no money injected unless there is a loss over the year, and that's probably the one I have.

IEE0XQX.jpg

I think it's around the same transfer budget and wage budget we've been seeing for a while.

yulCVg6.jpg

Here's the new financial fair play regulations - I'm hoping that the £2M loss thing isn't the strict.

xy6MT2p.jpg

THE LEGEND

hNjWaq4.jpg

There's also a lot more people looking to go, and they are really asking for a lot for a contract renewal. Unfortunately, it went like this: Chez Isaac and Liam Hearn which are the two that I didn't get that I cared about the most wanted way too much for their contracts when I can just bring in new people that are better for less money. Howell, Vaughan and Gash I am willing to let go otherwise, however. GOTTA SAY GOODBYE TO BIG CHEZ (which is a shame because he was really good when we had him, but he was asking for like £9K per/week no)

IW7s8IV.jpg

Well, it says we are project to make a profit of £1.92M. I don't know if that's because of getting money from being in the Championship but even if I want to spend a decent amount I should be okay.

aryjzGD.jpg

A moment for the fallen. o7

MLz4oeA.jpg

sB8LXQg.jpg

DtY2NGR.jpg

hBDLDGK.jpg

I decide to keep Clough, though I doubt he'll be anything more than a back-up. Lockyer and Rose were able to get new contracts too without asking for exceedingly much and they're decent enough.

a9XQwYc.jpg

KlLFXn5.jpg

Aj4UZRi.jpg

Manchester United 7th? It's happening.

Ipn2VuE.jpg

ABXpAbf.jpg

Here's the best 11 for the 16/17 season.

ORBVNtT.jpg

QzyvdWz.jpg

And three players were good enough to make it into the overall list.

6lagYcN.jpg

JK28aPp.jpg

I keep it on the lowest setting for now at least.

Tjo1FbK.jpg

I didn't even know that happened, honestly.

AVgsUTK.jpg

Newcastle? We're moving up in the world. I should note that the current Newcastle manager is José Mourinho.

hvz28PK.jpg

Welp, £3M is indeed a lot. I didn't think you got that much from the Championship.

4qIYy1m.jpg

ATq7Y3y.jpg

Once again, I pretty much drop a bunch of youth players and unfortunately wasn't able to get some renewals of contracts for first team players on the other side.

YBhSv1c.jpg

Luton are the first team in the cup, the League 1 side.

HTUiBqX.jpg

And the pitch is relaid automatically for us again.

AbJVvtN.jpg

This is an interesting change in events... I didn't even know this could happen.

Fwjqtmr.jpg

Well, he's already a really good midfielder for us currently.

kuUd7ij.jpg

I go for the standard win bonuses again as usual.

5e5kZeb.jpg

[spoiler=Signings]

Goalkeeper - Steve Arnold

[spoiler=Image]lmf9qSo.png

Transfer Amount - £250K

From - Stevenage

While Young is still a pretty decent goalkeeper for this level, he's not really the best option at this point. Arnold was a pretty good goalkeeper I was able to find that didn't cost too much.

MJc9GjT.jpg

Central or Right Defender - Berkay Dabanli

[spoiler=Image]leihgxH.png

Transfer Amount - £105K

From - Rizespor

This guy is probably going to be the key defender beside Reece Brown. He seems really good and I even got him on pretty low wages.

2WWlioJ.jpg

Left Defender/Left Wing Back/Left Midfielder - José Luis Gayá

[spoiler=Image]fT0LU5T.png

Transfer Amount - £275K

From - Valencia Mestalla

A really good left wing back I saw when browsing - I do have Richards, but this guy is better then him and I couldn't pass him up.

f4M3T3g.jpg

Left or Right Defender/Right Wing Back - Ivor Horvat

[spoiler=Image]xyI5kYX.png

Transfer Amount - £87K

From - Ingolstadt

I couldn't find many right wing backs for replacements for Comminges and Vaughan, but this guy is pretty decent though not as good as the above. He'll suffice for now.

jy8CbIL.jpg

Defensive Midfielder/Central Midfielder - Lee Cox

[spoiler=Image]jiNefDE.png

Transfer Amount - £36K

From - Falkirk

Looking back at it this was probably my worst signing - he's an okay defensive midfielder but I probably could have found a better one. He can play in midfield as well, but he was mainly a backup for Rose should he get injured.

aLaXEFl.jpg

Defensive Midfielder/Central Midfielder/Central Attacking Midfielder - Michael O'Connor

[spoiler=Image]Zop2L00.png

Transfer Amount - £93K

From - Dundee United

My new best central midfielder alongside Kretzschmar. His stats seem decent all around.

QRoeaKr.jpg

Left Attacking Midfielder/Striker - Salvatore Foti

[spoiler=Image]zt2NyLg.png

Transfer Amount - £22.5K

From - Denizlispor

Good striker all around, he'll be able to play both target man and complete forward. And hey, now we have an Italian. Getting pretty diverse here, got Brazilian, Turkish, Italian, Croatian, Spanish and Irish. Just hope we don't end up like Actual Newcastle United.

irEENSP.jpg

Central Attacking Midfielder/Striker - Jorge Ortí

[spoiler=Image]l5vzBwb.png

Transfer Amount - £195K

From - Hércules

Another striker that isn't quite as good as a target man, but as a complete forward he's pretty good. He will be my second striker along with Foti I think, if one gets injured the other one can just be put right in.

IyWbZZw.jpg

Loan Signing

Central or Right Midfielder - Wayne Brown

[spoiler=Image]2gi3t3R.png

Wages - 50% (£875 p/week)

From - Fulham

A loan signing because I don't have that many backup midfielders that are good. Good stats all around from this guy.

mdydV1w.jpg

Staff

Scout - Jamie Taylinho

[spoiler=Image]QK3bGUI.png

cm9yPSN.jpg

Oh come on, you don't think I was just going to leave him on a free transfer, right? His scouting stats aren't fantastic but that's what he wanted to be even though I tried to get him as a couch. Gotta keep him. THE LEGEND NEVER DIES

In total, I spent just over £1M on transfers so far. I hope that this gives us decent enough players for the Championship.

Lockyer is still a pretty decent defender even with new signings.

3Bd8sZF.jpg

And the numbers are in for the season. Steve Arnold should probably be 1 as he should be the first choice goalie.

KN0Dyex.jpg

Unfortunately I've had to terminate the contracts of two long-staying Sutton men, on the account of them being, well, quite shit.

AvFVnb1.png

Slrzeyo.jpg

As for a look at the teams in the Championship, here you go. Stoke, Sunderland and Sutton

QNQDNkK.png

The friendlies went something like this. It's funny how the U21 team is pretty much a free win for us. Foti even got a hat-trick in that match with Ortí getting two. Salisbury actually gave us some trouble defensively which was a little worrying considering they are a Skrill Premier team, but we were able to get the goals against them at least. The game against Newcastle actually went decently - Paulinho did have to equalise the 81st minute, but a really good showing against our parent club, even if they weren't playing their best team. The wingers and defenders actually got some goals in these games, like Lockyer, Dabanli, Gayá, and Horvat. Beck got a hat-trick in the last game against the Metropolitan Police.

y2g1Xzr.png

Edited by Tryhard

• 2 weeks later...

me and updating in 2014

i'm not even back in uni yet that's next week

i'll try I guess

Championship

Bournemouth vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-6

seS4pQC.jpg

I didn't expect that for a first match, seriously. Pretty much the best start and everyone had a good game including the goalkeeper but this was just pure sutton. Goals from some strange choices like Horvat, Gayá and Rose.

Whenever I'm not updating, this guy is still kicking ass.

IuSqpU8.jpg

A debut and a goal for Gayá, who had a very good game.

QSdjYlp.jpg

I mean, just after the first game but Arnold did save his clean sheet from three shots on target.

wpnaAit.jpg

Horvat was injured as well, but it is pretty minor.

KmXM2sD.jpg

This is slowly going up every season - though 1.6K may still be a little low for a Championship side - I dunno.

VmVzOwn.jpg

Yeah, pretty much a masterclass here.

PpXGBK6.jpg

Capital One Cup 1st Round

Sutton United vs Luton Town

Final Score: 3-1

YxdIOTz.jpg

A pretty comfortable game before Beck put it past any doubt at the end. Ortí got his first couple goals here, and while we conceded a pretty scrappy goal, it was a good enough performance to put us in the second round of the capital one cup, with the first goal being especially great.

EcEH8EZ.jpg

Oh yeah, and Paulinho got two more assists, by the way.

b6kO3fh.jpg

Apparently Ortí had been really shit previously, playing 20 hours of football as a striker and not scoring, which surprises me considering he seems quite decent.

cAvpLc9.jpg

And look, we got the guys we demolished 6-0 in the cup draw. I'm okay with this if it goes like last time.

lWN5nwm.jpg

There's one of the matches against Aston Villa next and I found it humourous that David Moyes was in charge now. If you can't tell, I picked the first and second options respectively. "Golden oldies" was too great to pass up.

cwl0CnN.jpg

9bxdJ3D.jpg

He, unfortunately does not find it humourous.

mx2Piom.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Aston Villa

Final Score: 2-2

Z2XltPG.jpg

The actual game is pretty even. Despite a very fast goal by Beck and another good one from Foti it eventually ends up a draw. Not without a horrible fluke from Arnold for the second, of course.

[spoiler=let's never speak of this again]PsOKEdN.gif

And yeah, seriously. Quick goal.

GvIbgdD.jpg

Championship

Birmingham vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-2

io1mEkr.jpg

Another draw for us. A bit disappointing since this was a winnable game as Birmingham are not that great by the looks of things - at least Aston Villa had some good players. Going two goals down after 62 minutes wasn't in the plan though, so I'll take it.

Horvat deservedly got on the man of the match for giving the two assists in the game, too.

cp5soXn.jpg

gQO4Pvf.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Crystal Palace

Final Score: 3-2

afoJ83B.jpg

A tight game against Crystal Palace that like Aston Villa have some quality players. A pretty nervy game up until the end even if we had the lead, especially if their very late goal had went in earlier. A good win, I'd say. Excellent play from O'Connor who was subbed in for Paulinho at half time, and ended up man of the match, sinking two goals one being a penalty.

Capital One Cup 2nd Round

Sutton United vs Bournemouth

Final Score: 3-1

wAiNzRt.jpg

While not as convincing as last time, still a pretty good performance here against Bournemouth. A really sloppy route-one goal with an assist for the goalkeeper against us, but the wingers and Beck were able to overturn that.

Speaking of Beck, worthy of this as well as the man of the match - grabbed a goal and an assist.

HuRrMPo.jpg

As for transfers I don't delve into many more, but as you can see Aston Villa did spend a lot.

mcdB3fK.jpg

Otherwise some big transfers in the Premier League.

FNoKjAm.jpg

The Blackpool manager, who ended up with three wins and a draw above me, gets the manager of the month.

AtYMx2S.jpg

Derby are our next opponent - a League 1 team that are currently doing quite poorly. Should be fine.

a4pgEQf.jpg

A few internationals for the Irish.

1RcHNin.jpg

Still projected to have a decent profit, at least.

N8meUTe.jpg

Championship

Ipswich vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-2

FpFCSZ1.jpg

Despite having the lead for the majority of the game, a really stupid penalty was given out right and the end preventing a clean sheet. Otherwise, a good win against a team not doing particularly well.

Yeah, seriously. Not a bad streak we have right now.

B4lIB3v.jpg

Beck has been pretty decent so far, indeed.

Kan2gnh.jpg

Big STEVIE FLETCHER is being called up to Scotland. Actually, funny since he went to Wolves after Sunderland, and we're playing them next.

e4A3pPo.jpg

Unfortunately Gayá will be missing the next match and perhaps the one after that - I thought it wasn't worth it just for the Wolves game.

0xK4O8H.jpg

Slabster apparently likes Horvat. A bit strange considering the difference in positions, but there you go. He's a striker at Weston-super-Mare still chilling in Skrill South.

lhpyVXK.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Wolves

Final Score: 1-3

Z1GNK0M.jpg

Wolves are pretty good but they are not doing so well so far. The penalty was a little harsh against us but they did dominate for the rest of the game with a brilliant second goal, Paulinho managed to get one back before a cross and header put this game beyond us. The rest was mostly getting a bunch of yellow cards for our players, unfortunately.

Here's the table. Actually just sitting on the outskirts of the playoff places due to only losing once against Wolves. Once again the table is pretty close, at least for now.

XsMWFbv.png

Our next match will be against Middlesbrough - I see quite a few tough games after that, too.

9Uw0FNI.png

Championship

Middlesbrough vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-3

2oGkgd3.jpg

A close game - both of our strikers got two goals and the game was just edged Dabanli, who scored from a corner.

The fans were still a little disappointed to see Hearn go - I would have liked to keep him at least for one more season, but he was asking for too much unfortunately and he is 32 now, and a free agent after we released him unfortunately.

oEOxvbb.jpg

I manage to talk my way out of Brown being a first team player - he has been getting games mostly as a substitute, though.

QP9C01t.jpg

Unfortunately Reece Brown will be out for a while which is a little worrying considering he's one of the main defenders.

CgS53RX.jpg

Championship

Brighton vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-2

Brighton are a good team that were currently just above me in the table when this match was played, so this was a great clean sheet. Credit to Dabanli for being the best defender and Richards for doing great work on the wing as Beck and Paulinho capitalizes on great assists from Richards and Ortí.

Yax1QGR.jpg

I'm honestly getting a little tired of posting every time Paulinho is in the team of the week.

IGZSu72.jpg

Apparently I said something about the Derby manager before, but I can't even remember it.

P5WOjdf.jpg

Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Sutton United vs Derby

Final Score: 1-0

MNXq9tz.jpg

A pretty dull game but we come away from the game from one of the unlikeliest of sources in Dabanli getting another goal.

Yeah, another injury of a key player. Unfortunately, I don't really have too many wing backs due to them being a fairly rare position...

ysMA2H0.jpg

ZUgh4EM.jpg

Speaking of, the two main wing backs have ran the most in the whole Championship on average, which is quite impressive.

WGjKOBu.jpg

Assistant manager bro.

uKKj1BW.jpg

CHEZ

P1XgR3s.jpg

Wigan are a premier league team that are doing quite well for themselves considering, finding themselves in upper-mid table.

GRglbRY.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Sheffield United

MQONRqR.jpg

A bit of a disappointing loss since this was a home game and a cross and a freekick set us two goals before with 35 minutes left. Eventually there was a penalty right at the end of the game for us which Foti scored, but that was about it.

Huh, I didn't actually know you could have new sponsorship deals to happen mid-season, but apparently that's a thing.

3g4vsOQ.jpg

Leeds unsurprisingly also find themselves at the top of the Championship, too.

ZuR7nZd.jpg

A nice overview of the board here: most of the signings were highly appreciated, too. They did dislike Isaac and Hearn leaving, but eh.

8f2g2mb.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs West Ham

Final Score: 2-1

j6W8Rb4.jpg

Yet another goal from a corner by Dabanli who seems to be great at heading, then they equalised from a poor clearance from Lockyer, I believe. Richards scored the last goal of the game, and his first of the season by cutting in from the wing and putting it in the opposite bottom corner.

Definitely a good game for him.

mEkhT8x.jpg

If we keep getting players from smaller nations then we'll probably be seeing this a lot more often. That said, he is generally on the bench for Northern Ireland.

O2O9A4i.jpg

Championship

Blackpool vs Sutton United

Final Score: 3-0

Y5OzxI6.jpg

I'd like just to forget about this game and getting destroyed by Blackpool who actually seem to be a half decent team surprisingly. Or at least better than their city. Trust me, I've been there. Our right wing got destroyed from a corner and two crosses leading to goals here.

I don't think 3-0 is the end of the world, but yeah it was pretty bad.

q5BIuYg.jpg

Surprisingly Ortí hasn't scored for ages again. He seems to be very... inconsistent. Which isn't exactly great for a striker.

uxBj25o.jpg

Richards is still being good even though Gayá is technically better.

ncWsDXI.jpg

Championship

Sunderland vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-3

E3mn6hH.jpg

Dabanli is a super defender scorer from corners, seriously. Paulinho manages to score with three defenders around him like a fucking boss, and though we concede from a header on the end of a very good inswinging cross, Ortí scores immediately after having goal worries.

Yeah, that was pretty quick after mentioning it.

y2Vh8Bj.jpg

It figures that my defenders are good at attacking considering the state of my defense usually.

FLFQCWy.jpg

rPCUSDC.jpg

I guarantee that if Alan Pardew was in the stands of the Stadium of Light, headbutts and shankings would take place. Also, Leicester manager. A bit of a step-down.

ySwcciC.jpg

Thankfully Reece Brown is now back so Lockyer can be on the bench at least for now.

GnyVDWx.jpg

And looks like even our loan signings get injured - it's for two months too. Thankfully, I shouldn't have too much of a use for him though I'm not going to send him back.

ONiKZCE.jpg

And the second-choice goalkeeper, too... luckily, I probably won't need to use him.

TXKzK0L.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Charlton

Final Score: 3-2

4eI6fsQ.jpg

This was one that was pretty well-fought and possibly one that should have been a draw, too. Beck was confident enough to score his only two chances at goal and Rafferty took a shoot on well from the wing too. A really scrappy defense lead to an own goal from a corner near the end.

Beck has ended up my most consistent goalscorer so far this season, despite being played as a target man.

CXbVnKY.jpg

NrzE4AG.jpg

Thankfully back to full fitness for my right winger as Rafferty isn't that greatest despite scoring that last goal. One of the weakest players on my team right now I would say, once again with rare wing backs.

KoYc3gz.jpg

Paulinho is close to the record on assists in the Championship, too.

IiMxT0F.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Yeovil

Final Score: 2-1

58dGoQn.jpg

All the fucking headers. After that, Ortí scored another goal after it was cut back to him before poor defending lead to them taking the clean sheet. Still, another three points for a home game.

A few traits were picked up from training.

H2G5QO4.jpg

yWs9FuD.jpg

R2PCxic.jpg

HEADER MAN

4U0zwHp.jpg

Capital One Cup 4th Round

Wigan vs Sutton United

iXrKGPC.jpg

Wigan weren't really fantastic for a premier league team in this game despite their decent positioning in the league. A poor passback gifted Paulinho and goal before it was equalised from a shot inside the box. Finally, Gayá arriving from the wing to drive it into the bottom corner sealed it, and the passage through to the capital one cup quarter finals.

There goes Paulinho, creating new records. Yeah, of course he assisted the other goal.

NBDSed0.jpg

hdooDHW.jpg

And for a pretty impressive set of results we land with Manager of the Month.

H2uiRHs.jpg

A final confidence report for now.

jcVKP7c.jpg

And also a look at the goals and stats of the team - is it not funny that Dabanli, a defender, has more goals than Ortí or Foti individually?

9ueLcHt.png

The league currently looks like this:

O1Z7IzJ.png

And the upcoming fixtures:

42uHRNV.png

Edited by Tryhard

"Yeah, we'll be looking to find a nice stable spot for ourselves mid-table, gonna play it smart y'know"

*ranked in top 3*

"uh" /sweats

*rises internally*

Seriously, how many times has this happened

sweat buckets

I think it would have been like that if a) this tactic didn't rock ass, I mean it still has an overall attacking tendency so it makes it hard for the defense sometimes but it's generally good

and b) I didn't get gifted a fuckton of money - if I didn't, I wouldn't have free reign to sign notable people that have helped me significantly i.e paulinho

essentially everything that could have went right, went right

like seriously

Edited by Tryhard

i'm loving this, op, loving it

can't wait to give y'all sutton legend updates of young sitting on the bench for Brisbane Roar

for now here is an article on how he is not as good as Michael Theo

Edited by Parrhesia