Football Manager 2014 Story - Sutton United

Tryhard

Fun fact, Bailey Wright (the Aston Villa guy who got sent off) went to the World Cup with Australia.

Didn't make a single appearance since he was fourth-choice centreback, and that was with our two best centrebacks injured before the tournament started, but still. Think he was involved in a match-fixing scandal or something.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Prospective Dublin Messi joins the battle

-Semifinals FA cup vs Manchester

-Assuming morale is pretty dang good

-Still in top spots

-Paulinho still looking great, but has had a spate of bookings recently

-Finances: holy shit how close are we to having made an actual profit from the original investments where we made it rain everywhere

Breathing: heavy

Edited by Rehab

I think it broke because I had too many images in this post, so I split it up and hopefully it should work.

It's a little unfair to have goalkeepers as the highest pass completion, though. Both wingers are covering the most average distance in the games.

QF4lNQb.jpg

Well, I tie up a contract for an extra few years right now as it's no doubt going to rise. As you can see, it's the first above £10K p/week, which is pretty conservative considering for a Championship team, so it's good to have him for a decent amount of time.

NdWNDFr.jpg

Championship

Fleetwood vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-4

5UxFABS.jpg

My face when a defender gets a hat-trick. Of course two of them came from corners and Coffey managed another goal for himself. Even Fleetwood's only goal was scored from a corner. And Dabanli took a late penalty to give himself the hat trick. Also bossing the possession from this game.

tK15xVt.jpg

This is probably what's gonna happen for the Georgia game next month.

nTJDMPN.jpg

Scores more than David Luiz, and actually still defends.

0ZdKHCy.jpg

I highly doubt that Blackburn, a League 1 team, are going to be able to get him off me unless they bring decent money.

2HevEzE.jpg

But here are the expiring contracts, so maybe I will let at least a few go.

kauNy2o.jpg

• Mark Beck - Doing well still, so I'll probably try to keep him if he doesn't ask for absurd wages.
  • Max Kretzschmar - Good midfielder, the same as Beck.
  • Tom Richards - Second choice left back, we'll see if I can get someone better
  • Jamie Young - Probably gonna let his contract expire if I'm going to get a new goalkeeper. The same with Shane Lewis.
  • Joe Rafferty - Like Richards, second choice right back so perhaps getting some better wing backs?
Our run of form comes third, but West Ham have been climbing the table from a low position, which may save them getting relegated. And it's Gus Poyet doing it, too.

kkrX0nb.jpg

I signed another contract finally for another year before it expires.

7VtzZti.jpg

F6F1QsH.png

Dabanli gets himself here rightly so for his hat-trick.

yt9lpq7.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Stoke

Final Score: 4-1

BcITiTo.jpg

Stoke are actually a really good team so a three goal advantage over them was quite surprising, and it could have been a clean sheet considering they had scored last. Ortí got a penalty that he put away but for the most part a very easy game. Their goal came directly from a corner that somehow made its way into the goal.

A goal and two assists for Beck.

1Z9n0RB.jpg

And someone has broken their own record.

a3N4OxC.jpg

Over at the sixth round replay, Manchester United are beaten by Tottenham at the last breath.

LyIzfKn.jpg

ONBRZPr.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Watford

Final Score: 3-1

olZMJrT.jpg

Beck got a free goal from a few yards out just before the end of the first half and they scored right after the break before our favourite defender scored from yet another corner and Ortí got himself in position to score later on too.

Paulinho himself got an assist.

lDbzJiw.jpg

i4Hoxhy.jpg

Young has resumed training now.

YthT3Mw.jpg

Decided to get another physio to help out, this guy should be better too.

1O8qJmO.jpg

[spoiler=Image]ZpPLJvS.png

Championship

Peterborough vs Sutton United

Final Score: 4-3

4wUDtlI.jpg

Pretty close. Unfortunately after taking a convincing early lead from Coffey and Foti, the defense kind of went down the drain, letting in three pretty soft goals in quick succession, before a penalty gave Foti another goal and drew the game level. After Lee Cattermole got himself sent off, Peterborough were able to scored from a indirect free kick and that's pretty much how it stayed.

Foti is still considered the best player of the match, though.

hWNbLEU.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of people.

J7HmucB.jpg

He didn't end up starting for whatever reason, though he was a substitute later.

xFyptUi.jpg

FA Cup Semi Final

Tottenham vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-2

JZPlgJN.jpg

Steve Arnold pretty much had the greatest game of his life and the man of the match award attributed to him is well deserved as he saved a huge amount of shots on target in this game. The game actually remained goalless for a good portion of time because of this. A penalty late on for Ortí was already surprising enough, but after soaking up all that pressure the fact that Wayne Brown scored his first Sutton United goal was outstanding. A very good long shot from outside the box, too. After that Lamela scored an equally good goal for Tottenham, but we were able to hold out.

TSBsrAm.jpg

paXS9Mt.jpg

Q57vezJ.jpg

HQ2htEz.jpg

And with that the job security goes to 90% or above since my time there.

K8cR0tR.jpg

Absolute beastly performance.

qg9bV2h.jpg

HXBCQXo.jpg

Interesting that he was looking at Beck for a possible Scottish callup.

NNrAOfN.jpg

I decide to sign a new under 18 coach and move my current under 18 coach to the first team as he is very good. This guy isn't bad and should do his job very well regardless.

ohqvWav.jpg

[spoiler=Image]72bHY0p.png

And of course Chelsea will be the finalists now after a 2-0 win over Stoke.

uCZ1QOX.jpg

Yet another staff signing, while I know Wayne Shaw is literally perfect, he probably could use some help in the goalkeeping coaching regard.

5ytsH1j.jpg

[spoiler=Image]izCo5fX.png

Lee Cox is finally back from his injury.

RcxGDm9.jpg

Apparently Middlesbrough had a takeover from financial troubles.

pMnN86C.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Sunderland

Final Score: 2-0

SyDQhSF.jpg

Strange that the Sunderland keeper scored an own goal considering he has the most clean sheets in the league, but apparently it was not his game consider he failed to completely stop a shot by Ortí and Beck scored at his near post in the second half, and apparently Sunderland can also not score.

Well, we've already secured a playoff spot along with Aston Villa and Brighton, Villa especially doing well recently.

jE3uM4v.jpg

Championship

Leicester vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-1

oCkQFEe.jpg

Barely any exciting moments in the match and it seem destined to be goalless by playing Coffey is for the best. Getting through to the goalkeeper and assisted by Paulinho, he won the game even though there wasn't too many chances for either side.

Championship

Burnley vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-4

ZPeW1nb.jpg

Burnley did terrible here despite their decent league position, and they had barely any chances of note aside from a shot that glanced off the bar, but otherwise were pretty much overran and the scoreline depicts that. Could have been a couple more, too.

qCx2XPd.jpg

And with two games left, that run of wins was enough to secure the win of the Championship as Aston Villa lost their game.

JgJS3aB.jpg

ej9V0A6.jpg

Bs4BuTf.jpg

zxdiFL1.jpg

Hearn even wishes he was here.

7iqN0Be.jpg

m43Ok0l.jpg

Foti actually has my biggest goals-to-game ratio right now, I believe, though Coffey is doing extremely well too.

pP7p1LK.jpg

Unfortunately that's going to be Ortí out for the rest of the season.

N8xzj8o.jpg

IThwaF5.jpg

Championship

Sutton United vs Leeds

Final Score: 4-1

0CWLSYh.jpg

Another emphatic win, and once again goals from Dabanli and Foti. Horvat did well for the second as well, and Foti's was a great strike from outside the box before Leeds scored from a long distance cross. And Coffey got on the end of the scoresheet from a corner, just because.

This match condemned the relegation teams to their fate.

VG52yil.jpg

am5WGri.jpg

3ShcmZ8.jpg

Once again another great game from him in order to get two assists and some shots on target.

TL7xQJw.jpg

Coffey was injured in the match but will be able to return at least for the Chelsea match.

z76xHfN.jpg

That's a lot of red cards...

xTTrc6U.jpg

Lawless is going to be retiring, which is fine with me as he's got some games as a substitute but has pretty much finished being useful in the team.

XPQ7Xwh.jpg

Arnold has been playing well recently himself.

cW2knZc.jpg

And a very deserved award here I think.

SoLjFHF.jpg

And that run of results is pretty impressive.

DlMYkPU.jpg

Championship

Portsmouth vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-1

vaHrTOY.jpg

It figures. Last game of the season and we lose to one of the relegations teams. I was resting some players but they should be fit anyway. For whatever credit they can receive they did play well for a team already relegated, but it was a little disappointed to concede from two set pieces.

And now Wolves and Sunderland definitely have playoff places.

8iFmlMC.jpg

Brighton managed to sneak past Aston Villa in order to take second place, which was rather amusing considering Aston Villa had probably been playing better than them recently and with a much more expensive squad.

LAM7l9E.jpg

That is pretty much nothing now.

R0iY2VD.jpg

Coffey manages to recover shortly after the match.

Zi7nxCx.jpg

Unfortunately this exchange seems to go pretty poorly - I don't want to sign a new contract for him considering the one I have is until 2020 anyway and is pretty cheap.

lbxyJWN.jpg

Somehow the semi final doesn't receive as many at the game as the final.

3qks6ZX.jpg

"Best remembered for the last game that they participated in."

NTtM5sc.jpg

It's happening.

M7CvnJp.jpg

So yeah, they have Benzema.

uvhwsE3.jpg

FA Cup Final

Chelsea vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-2

GkBPGfu.jpg

Yeah, uh. For what they actually managed, Chelsea somehow had less shots on target than Tottenham did, even though they were still in control for vast portions of this game. Once again Steve Arnold had a great game, whiule Benzema did not. The first goal going to Lukaku was a great one despite some early chances possibly being able to go our way but Arnold was able to collect anything else for the majority of the rest of the game. Horvat chipped the ball to Paulinho who deservedly put it away and in the last seconds of the match, Foti scored after Gayá sent him through. I let out an audiable shout. I won't deny I'm the luckiest bastard.

8Vz7Ykw.jpg

[spoiler=Goal]SEUObwm.gif

And of course, everyone is ecstatic over here. I can't imagine the same over in the Chelsea camp...

7aqDFJv.jpg

wSpsRV0.jpg

KiW3xw8.jpg

QwIVzvu.jpg

FgWBK6Q.jpg

ehV4j1K.jpg

"Entirely undeserved."

y4ObFig.jpg

To clear up the financial aspect, you get a decent amount from winning the FA Cup.

hENnMQO.jpg

WatkZKr.jpg

Manchester City somehow got beat by Brighton 3-2 in the third round, additionally.

su64CfW.jpg

And Gayá, who picked up the man of the match, will be out for a while. Luckily, that's the last match.

g9VWm6X.jpg

We'll be in the EURO cup games in the next season, which may actually congest the timetables a lot, so I don't even know how much emphasis I should put on it.

9rk78eR.jpg

After a while, we wind down for the end of the season.

ggnPRa7.jpg

hE0bBvH.jpg

Despite asking for the board for a new stadium before and them rejecting it, they've decided to do it on their own. Sutton Utd Stadium is a terribly generic name, so I might go into the game files and change it after it's constructed. Any suggestions? Unfortunately, it'll take an additional two years to build anyway.

TWaVT6e.jpg

Also they put money towards youth facilities in addition.

uvHHgy4.jpg

As for the Championship playoffs, here are the semifinals. The final still to play between Sunderland and Stoke.

h5DU8Rp.jpg

hold me guys

this totally happened because I didn't face manchester though

So, finances:

cyeAFsT.png

Fixture list:

gtmOiXP.png

Table:

C07hbMG.png

Stats for goals and assists:

vh0d8jf.png

And for value, many of which has risen:

h0SZqXk.png

EDIT: I forget the final screens, but I added them in now.

Edited by Tryhard

Blatantly ripped from/inspired by yours, I intend to make an avatar myself that's basically just that but with Shaw's portrait (itself transparent hopefully) centered and translucent superimposed on the field taking up basically the whole thing, and with the red sutton rising text in full solid color as before

Edited by Rehab

well I don't think you'll have to worry about keeping your job in the Premiership.

ed302a0e1a2f592d92996db537872e48.png

the boardroom can be very forgiving. two matches ago was the point in which they said i had five matches to save my job, do you think i can do it lads

the answer is i'm too depressed to even fucking try lol, my top scorer is literally jozy altidore and i'm going to hang myself

edit: fun facts include finishing a game with three red cards, and my rightback finishing a match with a rating of 3.9

Edited by Parrhesia

Yeah.

This was the first time I decided to play like a massive cunt and just hoof the ball forwards up to big lads and murder anyone who gets within my third of the pitch.

Funnily enough, picked up three wins in five. It was at a nice win-loss-win-loss-win-loss cycle. ... Then I stopped winning. For ten matches.

i have a file that isn't this, dammit

my credibility isn't ruined forever ;.;

Edited by Parrhesia

• 2 weeks later...

i swear man it's my motivation

when I look at going for another season i think of all the player searching I usually do at the start and then i'm like fuck that

but then when I actually get into a season it goes relatively smoothly

uni has also been kicking my ass

i will try

• 2 weeks later...

every time I see a notification from this thread I get my hopes up and then they get dashed every time ;_;

Sometimes I've got to disappoint you before I

[spoiler=Pre-Season]

[spoiler=Signings]

Goalkeeper - Ivan Tiric

[spoiler=Image]g7MQeIH.png

Transfer Amount - £1.3M

From - NK Hrvatski Dragovoljac

Looks to be a decent goalkeeper - I wanted to try and get a better one like Fraser Forster but he was a little too expensive and getting pretty old too.

defDBuD.jpg

Defensive Midfielder/Central Defender/Left Midfielder - Mile Skoric

[spoiler=Image]SvhHq3r.png

Transfer Amount - £700K

From - NK Osijek

Couldn't find many good defensive midfielders that actually wanted to come to the team, but this guy seems pretty good.

qCI6fvJ.jpg

Right Wing Back/Right Defender/Right Midfielder/Right Attacking Midfielder - Quini, real name Joaquin José Marín Ruz

[spoiler=Image]dXRKNZk.png

Transfer Amount - £850K

From - AO Skoda Xanthi

Good right wing back. Not much else to say. Mostly went for acceleration, pace and crossing being pretty good.

yCko56t.jpg

Left or Right Defender/Left or Right Wing Back/ Right Midfielder/Right Attacking Midfielder - Daniel Wass

[spoiler=Image]rEo9cpr.png

Transfer Amount - £4.1M

From - BeÅŸiktaÅŸ JK

This guy has some profiency in playing pretty much anywhere by the look of it, but he's meant to be a wing back on either side. The most expensive of the players I got, might have been a little too much, but he's a nice wing back to have.

Left Defender/Left Wing Back/Central Midfielder - Tommy Rowe

[spoiler=Image]eXtPN2t.png

Transfer Amount - £2.4M

From - Aston Villa

Another wing back, in this case on the left. Has pretty much the same stats I'm looking for - pace, acceleration, crossing. He actually makes a very good midfielder too, so he'll fit in there too.

Central Defender - Niko Datkovic

[spoiler=Image]4pGjQmR.png

Transfer Amount - £1.5M

From - HNK Rijeka

I need another player in the back to at least keep up some semblance of actual defense, so here's another I found in the Croatian league, just a coincidence. A little high in terms of aggression, so hopefully that doesn't affect red cards or such.

bWuV0ec.jpg

Central Midfielder/Central Attacking Midfielder - Valentino Lazaro

[spoiler=Image]A6nwCcw.png

Free Transfer

Another midfielder, who can be an attacking midfielder as well. Was lucky enough to get him on a free transfer - Have no idea why, since his stats look really good for not being signed at the time. Apparently he was signed with Chelsea before but was never played.

S88fHlO.jpg

Striker - Doug Pearce

[spoiler=Image]AhYrTZO.png

Transfer Amount - £2.3M

From - Manchester City

This is one I'm not so sure about. While I was looking for a good striker for the future, this seems to be a great bet from Manchester City, but I was sort of hoping he would fit in the team even right now, and I don't know how likely that is going to be.

Right Attacking Midfielder/Striker - Guillermo, real name Guillermo Fernández Hierro

[spoiler=Image]LIWa55s.png

Transfer Amount - £1.3M

From - Athletic Bilbao

I thought I needed another striker, and so this guy is a good deal I thought. Pretty good stats overall.

I'm not sure if this team is really Premier-league quality but FUCK IT I GUESS.

All in all, these players came to around a total of £14.42M, and I could have even spent a lot more... but I felt I should leave it for now after looking for players for a decent amount of time. I may get some players at the next update, or in the January transfer window. Of course, this broke the previous record, by more than double.

8XmD3Pv.jpg

Staff Signings

Physio - David Fevre

[spoiler=Image]1NVltGX.png

Having another physio so hopefully any injuries won't be for as long. At least I think that's why having multiple physios reduces the amount of time players are out for injury usually.

Fitness Coach - Cristian Osgnach

[spoiler=Image]B5GnqrZ.png

Brought in as the second fitness coach to mostly train aerobic fitness.

Coach - Adriano Bonaiuti

[spoiler=Image]MJfFqBc.png

To have yet another coach - he is mostly meant to be a tactics coach, and because of this the training should be more spread out between the team coaches.

Stoke have been promoted to the Premier League as well.

Fuy6pGa.jpg

e7UA3Su.jpg

And the payout for the Championship.

d3xgmxn.jpg

lfZG8ii.jpg

I don't exactly know why it's saying a profit of that much unless I've missed or forgotten something, but yeah.

RYYaS17.jpg

Otherwise, you'll see that the Premier League is a big step up in terms of profits.

sIQFg7T.jpg

xQpzdUj.jpg

8dXzgie.jpg

You'll soon see why the the transfer budget is set so high.

HsYGF29.jpg

And as expected, the main man still.

APNRWNW.jpg

AxQXpsd.jpg

And we can see that four of our players even got onto the best players of the year in the Championship.

Kf2zroU.jpg

dXngczm.jpg

Here is the financial fair play restrictions for the Premier League, though I don't think they'll be a problem for any Premier League team unless things go horribly wrong.

HOjULxZ.jpg

As for competitions, they are a lot less lenient.

sb5XaDc.jpg

As for expiring contracts, here are the ones in question.

gWIpDED.jpg

Mark Beck is the only one I bothered to redeem a contract with, as Kretzschmar didn't want to get into contract talks with me for some reason. I offered him a chance, but apparently he didn't want to stay with the mighty Sutton United. Don't know why not, as he's now a free transfer. As for the others, I let them go.

Staines is still a feeder club, while Newcastle are going to be in the same league as us now.

wRDeWrn.jpg

S4pvKsi.jpg

K2a0T6m.jpg

You'll see that massive profit expected - that's from the TV rights from the Premier League, mostly.

HNqG2OG.jpg

I would buy a Paulinho shirt.

AhyBDgZ.jpg

Out of interest, I checked Manchester United - and Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie, now 32 and 34 respectively, are on the U21 team. Right.

S9aE3TW.jpg

Looks like I won't need to fire him into the sun. He's going willingly.

BR0ynA1.jpg

While we have no home-grown players, we have a decent amount of English based players to keep with restrictions for the EURO Cup - and for the Premier League as well.

YMGD6iI.jpg

HzhtxsO.jpg

Lawless is retring as well, so there he goes.

pysNCP3.jpg

I find it funny that Wigan had the top goalscorer and top assists, and still finished 11th.

3W21Bjy.jpg

And as for us. That Macheda was extremely good last season, and I even tried to sign him but... too expensive.

1Xf3c3d.jpg

Some very good never players in the 17/18 season best players.

xwiXuhT.jpg

uNkR9rf.jpg

And for the overall best.

H36b8Ul.jpg

eOvjwV5.jpg

Once again, I'm taking the lowest one here.

yudU6KU.jpg

So yes, after winning the cup the first match of the season is going to be against the champions for the Community Shield. I am probably going to lose this.

ZCeAaGI.jpg

We are now able to scout wherever we want, which I think will be helpful.

TCNJ16A.jpg

Yeah, over the season this will give us around £50M in income.

FgZlD21.jpg

uL4JyKF.jpg

After signing some more players here is what it's looking like:

9Yh0bsS.jpg

Even gotten into one of the richest clubs in the world under 39th.

nTwP6zM.jpg

These countries joined the EU - I did actually sign a Bosnian player, too.

o1f2C9A.jpg

MygrwHA.jpg

As for the world cup, the group stages saw WALES topping their group, Spain somehow doing the same. Brazil barely getting through against Ghana and Canada, and the US leaving with a whole 0 points.

DGmFc5s.jpg

QlAs4gC.jpg

Argentina always beat England, if only it was penalties.

TgQNEMt.jpg

Croatia somehow knocking out Germany, and Brazil needing extra time in order to beat Japan.

EdW6Q8f.jpg

Mandzukic almost beasting Brazil to have Croatia win while France get sent in the finals.

b15bYqr.jpg

Er, yeah. A little one sided for the third place playoff.

l8GV91X.jpg

And Fred somehow manages to win the World Cup for Brazil. This is bullshit and would never ever actually happen even in alternate or parallel universes.

PYrffdH.png

C0pErRp.jpg

And the best players in the cup.

sW6oFbL.jpg

Since Dabanli was unhappy with his contract at the end of last season, I offer him another.

GoVCO0Z.jpg

And after trying to sell Clough for a long time I finally just mutually terminate his contract.

1pvm06P.jpg

I'm gonna leave these on the normal settings as well.

2s28aIk.jpg

For some reason Tottenham are expected to win the Premier League.

v5uwzSs.jpg

Taylinho will be staying with us for a while longer at least.

i0bBEwX.jpg

And here's the team as it is currently:

3zy8gPh.jpg

pQ2CK3Y.jpg

As for the actual games, it's been the standard pre-season that I've set up against very easy teams. Actually only one goal conceded, in this case. Some good goals from newcomers and Foti did excellently in the pre-season at least, even if he might not normally too much. Fürth are actually in the Bundesliga.

6TW83tm.png

And first up after the pre-season, is our match against Manchester City.

NrPP3kJ.jpg

Even though I'm currently £10M in debt, cripes, that should be fine after a while.

hVCmiNS.png

Here is the table and all the teams currently in the Premier League. Everton were actually relegated.

blmQnvi.png

Edited by Tryhard