Football Manager 2014 Story - Sutton United

Tryhard

Is it common to get that much money from the premier league or is there other factors going into it? Well, at least over time in the season. Since it's been a while since I've played premier league for real.

I literally have no idea.

I'll see how the free guy is doing.

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it common to get that much money from the premier league or is there other factors going into it? Well, at least over time in the season. Since it's been a while since I've played premier league for real.

I literally have no idea.

As Wolves breaking into the top flight after 2 promotions in 3 years I felt as though I had enough to paper over all the cracks in my depth but without bringing in anyone who was really a cut above my squad.

I also bought like three really bad defensive midfielders because I'm a scrub

I wonder if the level of player bonuses awarded after competitions has any effect on whether some players, like Kretzschmar, end up wanting to come back, and generally what effect it has on player morale. I was gonna inquire what the prospects/cost-benefit analysis of bumping them up any time soon looked like, but then I saw we're a bit in the red. Maybe not the best time to ask

Regardless, IT"S THAT TIME AGAIN

The only effect I know for win bonuses are when they're on high some of the more mercenary squad members (generally around 7-8 of them) will just get a constant bonus to morale throughout the entire season. Presumably if they're on low those same squaddies will get a morale penalty.

Moving into the first game against Manchester City in the Community Shield, here is the lineup currently:

JoCs7bn.jpg

Community Shield

Manchester City vs Sutton United

Final Score: 3-1

X9ukcpi.jpg

Manchester City have some ridiculous players at this point. When they have Griezmann on the bench and Negredo even on the bench I doubted winning this game. That said, it wasn't a bad perfromance from Tiric since it could have been a lot more - Cuadrado unmarked in the box scored the first, yet Beck replied almost immediately to equalise. After that, Agüero chipped Tiric as he came out for the ball, probably the only real mistake I can give him this match. Cuadrado knocked in his second after it wasn't cleared in the box from defenders.

Perhaps not the best match to bring him on for, but there were a lot of debuts in this game considering the revamped team.

jOJFO0o.jpg

Moved Rowe into the captain instead as O'Connor and Lockyer are probably going to be seeing little game time.

n7HK7bS.jpg

Horvat has also recovered from his injury - note from now on that I'll probably be skipping over injuries unless they involve someone important to the team - Horvat, as a third choice right back, isn't really too much.

pK8rxMB.jpg

Central or Right Defender - Georgi Terziev

[spoiler=Image]VUaXtOM.png

Wages - £13.75K & £90K monthly fee

From - Rubin Kazan

I brought in this guy as a loan signing - really to have a second center back along with Datkovic. He'll do a decent job, I think. Considering his value a little surprised I was able to get him on loan.

nJpwUI0.jpg

It's happening.

ojK5jyS.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Norwich

Final Score: 2-2

gmTKLin.jpg

A good result against a Norwich side that is a lot better than they have any right to be. Their top goalscorer didn't take long to get a shot off and unfortunately score, though. After that, Beck managed to get a header and equalise the game before their nineteen year old striker Revaz Alaverdashvili, some name, scored after Tiric parried it out. The last goal finally scored to bring the game to a draw from Wass who was assisted by Guillermo, who actually picked up both assists, and our first point was claimed.

I'm probably going to see Lazaro and Paulinho rotate in that attacking midfielder position if they are both fit.

qQwWXUm.jpg

Our next game against Wigan will signify the three hundredth game in management.

VIRWPMg.jpg

pkuvMaB.jpg

Premier League

Wigan vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-2

QRZ0pNB.jpg

A pretty bad match for Wigan in this game, actually. Lazaro did very well to capitalise on the first goal from a corner after some attempts before a penalty very late in the game for O'Connor killed the game off.

I should note that I was given £1.09M for just... being in the EURO Cup group stages even if I haven't played a game yet or know who's in my group.

LqJxuNf.jpg

Getting Tottenham is pretty bad and I will probably lose that game.

0WoC5VD.jpg

DbHyzTc.jpg

Quite a few of my players are playing international football additionally now, too.

C8klJbX.jpg

Central Midfielder/Central Attacking Midfielder - Casper Sloth

[spoiler=Image]Xgid5E0.png

Wages - £18.75K & £80K monthly fee

From - FC Schalke 04

I wanted another midfielder on par with Rowe or Lazaro, so I also got this guy on a loan deal right before the window closed.

thooNiv.jpg

With that, here is what the squad depth is looking like - you'll see players have a lot different rating now that we are in the Premier League.

TkAbeFg.jpg

As the transfers finish for everyone else, we see Manchester United somehow managing to spend another ~£90M.

XKMF756.jpg

As for the EURO Cup, I am placed in a group with Brugge, Zorya and Feyenoord, the former probably being the most threatening though Feyenoord aren't terrible either.

U3capUN.jpg

Apparently the fans were disappointed with the draw against Norwich? I guess they consider Norwich a pretty bad team - they actually finished in 9th last season so I would say that's not too bad to get a draw from them.

3E5956t.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Stoke

Final Score: 3-1

L0cswLS.jpg

This was some end to a match. There were only a few chances and most of them fell our way before Guillermo was ridiculous enough to get a hat trick in just over 20 minutes. Very good goals, too. A shame that right after such Tiric blocked a shot only for it to roll into the net and count as an own goal.

Well, he didn't score in the other two games I played him in, but he really got it down now.

fXfyoTA.jpg

There's a lot of these prompts saying about TV coverage for matches, and they usually give around £875K for each game.

YvmcaRP.jpg

And of course, he finds himself on this with that performance.

tvYAx2p.jpg

Premier League

Swansea vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-3

835MOUI.jpg

Another great performance from the team as the finishing was very good from Beck, Rowe and eventually Guillermo in the second half. Of course, the clean sheet would have to be ruined immediately after from a corner, but a good win against Swansea.

Beck gave his goal and also grabbed an assist from the game.

UU1utXR.jpg

The first EURO match is against Zorya, which is probably the weakest of the three opponents, coming from Ukraine.

vQmzuHG.jpg

EURO Cup Group J

Zorya vs Sutton United

jkTGmQr.jpg

The same score yet again. I thought it was going to poorly after Sloth shovelled it in over the line for an own goal early in the match but after a few headers from Pearce it was overturned. After that, Rowe fired one in the box after laid off from a corner in the second half, and put the game beyond Zorya.

A good couple headers from Pearce.

sjlLemb.jpg

And it looks like any win will reward you with a decent amount in the EURO Cup, as well.

qVturr1.jpg

Premier League

West Brom vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-1

d6e3M3K.jpg

A pretty dull game even though we got enough luck from the start to have a defender attempt to clear a cross and put it into his own net. West Brom equalised late on from a cross to the back post and left with a draw.

Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Tottenham vs Sutton United

Final Score: 3-2

m5fVxQT.jpg

Pretty spirited performance despite the loss. Very good start to the game as Lazaro capitalizes on a spill from the goalkeeper after a freekick, but it wasn't long before Tottenham responded and scored from a cross to the back post. Pearce scored soon after, and from outside the box. After that it was a late defensive falling apart with Lamela and Kane getting goals, and sending us out of the Capital One Cup. A little disappointed especially with the Lamela goal where Tiric got beaten at the near post.

Signing another sponsorship deal.

PfVLFgm.jpg

Cardiff are somehow doing good, though not exactly the hardest matches here.

qnStMyl.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Newcastle

WyGsEW7.jpg

Could have actually been quite an easy win but despite having more chances we only left with a draw - Ben Arfa's goal for Newcastle was one of their two shots on target, but Pearce managed to equalise a while into the second half and that was pretty much that.

EURO Cup Group J

Sutton United vs Club Brugge

tVHSMRB.jpg

Paulinho did well in this game to have two assists, and Coffey picked up two goals himself, this being the first game I've really played him in. Their first goal was scored from a freekick rebound, and their late goal ended up also being a well-taken freekick. Beck also got a goal from a corner, and that's two wins out of two in the EURO group so far.

Paulinho came away with Man of the Match for his performance there.

Kd4MwyF.jpg

Skoric, being my main defensive midfielder, is going to miss the game against Chelsea.

4xCLwbH.jpg

Sutton United vs Chelsea

Final Score: 1-2

EVTTo2l.jpg

Really didn't expect anything from this game considering how Chelsea are. I've been playing counter style more often now and it seems to be working decently, but Chelsea just have way too many good players compared to me right now. On the plus side, Cox scored first from a corner but after that it was quickly equalised by Lars Bender, who also scored very late on annoyingly to win the game by a one-goal margin.

And yeah, that's actually my first loss in the league. Three wins and three draws is very good, but my next fixtures aren't exactly brilliant.

coO8ciS.jpg

I also sign Coffey on an upgraded deal since he expressed concern about his current one.

g5yn0BZ.jpg

Here is the league table as it currently stands. Arsenal, who we are playing next, are actually in 11th. And Liverpool are somehow 17th.

JMoEZz1.png

Finances, as you can see, are making a profit. Also the wage is ~£70K under the budget, which is a decent amount more than the what I was paying before. It shouldn't be a problem for now.

q41C8ko.png

Lastly, here are the upcoming fixtures:

JksILSq.png

Edited by Tryhard

First season at the top of the world: Now already halfway back to making a profit, in the top third of a table of 20, and we've not yet one player rated over 4 stars

In its slumber, the giant stirs

Scout - Luigi Piangerelli

[spoiler=Image]QdNKtoR.png

I wanted another roaming scout, so this guy is probably the best I could find, at least in terms of judging ability/potential.

ni4k0vu.jpg

Unfortunately Terziev will miss a few games because he got injured when called up.

KK9HvSx.jpg

Premier League

Arsenal vs Sutton United

SkeYosC.jpg

Seemed to be a pretty bad start after a Vargas goal... crossed in by James Rodríguez. Apart from that, very few chances made from both sides until a corner for us resulted in Pearce going down in the box for the penalty, which he buried. After that, a few shots saved for Tiric and the game ended with not that many other chances.

As you can see, however, Tiric's contributions were not ignored in this match. Also Chelsea are still scary.

uCzZ9qN.jpg

EURO Cup Group J

Feyenoord vs Sutton United

qkLqv7w.jpg

Another game with not too many chances, despite Lazaro scoring almost immediately inside the box very easily. Apart from that, Feyenoord scored a really good goal in the second half in order to get a draw.

Premier League

Sutton United vs Manchester City

jFOYLoR.jpg

Yeah, after two pretty early goals from Agüero and Negredo, I didn't exactly expect a lot from this game, but the last fifteen minutes had somehow us turning the entire game around with the majority of our shots and chances taking place then. Paulinho passed to Pearce who scored the first just outside the box, Pearce also scoring the second after his previous shot was saved by the keeper, and the third scored by none other than Paulinho, who scored from a cross by Quini, who got injured just as the game was ending. Great win, surprised with the crumbling of City's defense honestly.

I5uW8ze.jpg

pw4YClq.jpg

Unfortunately that last minute injury will leave Quini out for a decent time, at least a month.

Dizc06K.jpg

However, Terziev will be able to play again.

zlpgvbz.jpg

Not really too surprised with this, he's been doing great.

As1OlHX.jpg

I ask for a few minor things from the board, both of which were accepted.

1PQJsWx.jpg

BHcPu2Y.jpg

My youth facilities may still not be fantastic right now but hopefully we can get someone Premier League quality in the upcoming years.

lzJAKra.jpg

ab7M9A3.jpg

Premier League

Nottingham Forest vs Sutton United

Final Score: 3-3

ZwBWUsm.jpg

Not exactly the best game to get a draw out of considering Nottingham Forest, but considering it was left late to even get that I will take it - they do seem to be a relegation prospect though. A really good performance by their player Simon Cox though, who managed to score his first goal of the season... and then his second. Guillermo also managed to grab two in this game, an excellent goal for his first, a penalty for Sloth made it equal again, but once again we fell behind before Guillermo had a close range shot to seal the draw.

[spoiler=Guillermo's First Goal]Al21Kkx.gif

He also hadn't scored despite me fielding him quite a lot, which was quite worrying.

WeAQ4qY.jpg

Supposedly asking for these youth facilities resulting in asking for a hefty loan, but considering how much money I should make, this probably won't be too big a problem paying back.

V2bu7di.jpg

EURO Cup Group J

Sutton United vs Feyenoord

Final Score: 1-0

ZOZl7Pj.jpg

Absolutely all over them, and it should probably have been more than one goal, here. Rowe got his goal from the corner early on though and the rest of the match was pretty much a string of chances that we failed to capitalize on as they had very little to attempt.

RxJkW6j.jpg

The EURO cup games seem to generate a lot of attention, it seems.

3rVLssU.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Brighton

Final Score: 1-0

t5CYSya.jpg

Another game that was pretty much dominated as Brighton found it very hard to get anything, and it was eventually rewarded after a Coffey goal ruled offside for Skoric to get his first goal of the season, and an excellent one at that.

[spoiler=Skoric Goal]ceDdYGJ.gif

YbLM2cH.jpg

You know, I would hope that my goalkeeper would avoid using his weaker foot wherever possible.

D1kpv1f.jpg

As you can see, I do get reports from international games that players are involved in - a particularly good performance from Lazaro, but then again he was playing San Marino.

Wzho5hh.jpg

Premier League

Huddersfield vs Sutton United

BJcGZSp.jpg

Huddersfield is another team that could possibly be relegated this season, and it showed here, as we had thirteen shots on target to their three. It could've been a lot more, considering. Once again, Lazaro getting a goal from a corner, and Guillermo with a brace, albeit the second one very late. Williams stopped the clean sheet, scoring from a freekick, but otherwise the game seemed to be a rather easy win.

6pem6am.jpg

Lazaro seems to be doing pretty good for a free transfer, I would say.

sscB8UD.jpg

Once again, Tiric been putting in very good performances to his credit.

wP4naHr.jpg

Quini has also recovered from his injury, which wasn't too big a deal since I still had Wass and Rowe uninjured.

lgix7Ro.jpg

EURO Cup Group J

Sutton United vs Zorya

Final Score: 6-0

W28M4ez.jpg

The beast has awoken. I don't know if Coffey was just ridiculous in this game or Zorya were just extremely bad, but he managed four goals in the first half along with Sloth grabbing another. Then again, Zorya didn't manage any shots on target, so I'm going to assume this was a freebie. Rowe grabbed the last goal in the second half, and they were all pretty simple goals.

Go on, kiddo. I've mainly been playing him in the EURO games but this guy was well worth signing from noted team Cherry Orchard a couple of seasons back.

dQK3aKH.jpg

Urgent announcement that Jozy Altiscored three goals in a single match.

CN4c49N.jpg

The goals I showed before made it on the goal of the month.

qgrTRnL.jpg

Says Liverpool, the team that are currently sitting 15th.

HzBliO3.jpg

K9aJtxI.jpg

Crewe should be an easy game to win as opposed to immediately facing Tottenham.

S3bs4dQ.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Liverpool

fAlYG4F.jpg

Actually a very poor performance despite Liverpool's current position, but we somehow managed to come away with a draw despite no actual shots on target - the only thing that happened in our favour was an own goal extremely near the end, though Coffey did help it in, it was credited as being the Liverpool defenders fault. Otherwise, a good goal from Milanov and a straight sending off for Lucas Leiva for a particularly bad challenge.

I've been playing Gayá regularly in rotation but he doesn't seem to be putting in as good performances as he did last season.

WNbQEYN.jpg

Funny how Leiva here got sent off in his last game. Also I sincerely doubt he's really that good.

54MkqoO.jpg

Premier League

Southampton vs Sutton United

4KQkz8l.jpg

I'd just like to say that Southampton apparently bought Angel Di Maria from Tottenham for £3.1M, who bought him from Real Madrid from £8M. Bizarro land, what the hell? Admittedly he is pretty old by now, but still. As for the rest of the game, pretty comfortable considering. Guillermo managing to get another early on being on the end of a cross. Rowe hitting the rebound from a shot he fired at the keeper, Southampton getting a late consolation goal before Datkovic put it beyond any doubt from a header.

Rowe has also been doing very well and is a frequent player - seriously, twenty appearances.

jieX8Dh.jpg

Premier League

Cardiff vs Sutton United

P3rCxl9.jpg

Cardiff actually did pretty decent in this game, and it would have been a draw or worse if not for the efforts of Pearce, who looks to be extremely good. Pearce capitalized on a defensive mistake for the first. And for the Cardiff goal, our defense had a similiar catastrophe. Not to worry though, as Pearce set out to make things right by scoring near the end of the game, after once again taking the ball off a Cardiff defender and smashing it past the goalkeeper.

And once again, Pearce delivers on the goods.

oLidqzo.jpg

Apparently his agent wants him to get an approved contract now - I decide to take matters into my own hands.

r74X3uN.jpg

Sometimes, it's good to be evil.

2X6wKuV.jpg

NuJ4fpv.jpg

EURO Cup Group J

Club Brugge vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-3

xf0ua3X.jpg

I swear, that confidence must be flowing now because these performances. Brugge looked pretty worn out playing us. Skoric scored from a free kick first and for a while things did dull before Pearce does what he does best and kills the game off. And as the game is dying, a Brugge player gets themselves sent off before Datkovic scores a header from the final corner of the match.

And with that final game, we finished top in the EURO group with... little competition considering.

ZU1oKCJ.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Reading

Final Score: 0-0

J5aBv7B.jpg

Boring game. Next. Not much generated, as you would expect, in terms of chances, but Tiric did his part in ensuring he kept a clean sheet as well as the opposing goalkeeper Flatt, but really not much else to say as both team creating equal chances really but failed to score.

Beck hasn't really been scoring recently but since he is a support target man it is kind of understandable.

XDLeNZN.jpg

Next round of the EURO Cup is drawn, and we are against Hoffenheim.

uqrFVQB.jpg

hnXjd0s.jpg

Should we win that game, we are playing either Dynamo Kyiv or Real Betis.

GxSuPN3.jpg

Datkovic sustained an injury from training.

LZRaQYt.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Tottenham

Nqr0gvl.jpg

And of course for the last game here, Tottenham absolutely whoop our ass at home. Like, really bad. They had a lot of chances and Sutton had basically none. They had a disallowed goal in the first half before Welbeck scored in the second, they had another disallowed goal and Firmino scored at the end of the game to make sure.

Considering Tottenham are pretty damn good, I don't know why disappointed.

zWLSC40.jpg

Here's how the league currently looks - Guillermo should be on nine goals in the league as well. Chelsea still fucking strong.

muppLzd.png

well, what is it?

And here were the upcoming fixtures:

Zuzdh6N.png

Edited by Tryhard

so I don't think you're going to win the Premier this season but that's okay you're still in the running for the TREBLE next year

it would be pretty great if you knocked Man City out of the top 4

That Chelsea, though ... shoutout to Uros Djurdjevic.

Looked him up. He plays in Holland and has scored zero goals in eight games for his new club. Fucking legend.

That Chelsea, though ... shoutout to Uros Djurdjevic.

Looked him up. He plays in Holland and has scored zero goals in eight games for his new club. Fucking legend.

Apparently he's a beast at least in my game, then. Valued at £24M at least after this update, and sitting top goalscorer.

Then again if you have Chelsea support behind you I wonder how much that changes things.

Premier League

Fulham vs Sutton United

QbTi3wW.jpg

Fulham first scored from a corner with a header before Pearce responded in kind almost right after that. After that, there were chances for both sides but it wasn't until the very last minutes where Ortí, who I subbed on just after half time, scored with a goal that apparently was very close to being offside, putting a shot into the corner and leaving with all three points.

Paulinho and Lazaro are both missing the next game against Manchester United, both being attacking midfielders which isn't exactly great. Ortí will have to play there, I'm going to say.

Ew3dxZP.jpg

0vF82rm.jpg

Premier League

Manchester United vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-1

TDaWyUd.jpg

Kind of bullshit here. We did take the lead from a Man United player scoring an own goal from a corner, but despite a lot more chances in the game, they also scored from a corner before the exact same thing happened again - Rowe put it into his own net from a corner. David De Gea was excellent to keep this to a loss nevermind a draw.

Since there is a sizeable change to transfer and wage budget, I swap the expectations to a mid-table finish.

dumsPxN.jpg

Manchester United getting all the wins recently, as you can see.

BsJTzxb.jpg

Premier League

Norwich vs Sutton United

KC3BURH.jpg

Not exactly the greatest game to be getting a draw out of but it was a comeback after being two goals down. Once again, another own goal from a corner. Before half time, another had went in. In the second half, Beck scoring from just outside the box after rolling out to him after a corner and Paulinho knocking it into the goal from a cross means this wasn't a loss, at the very least.

Datkovic is back from injury.

ySoTe7N.jpg

FA Cup 3rd Round

Sutton United vs Crewe

Final Score: 5-1

FZkWQTx.jpg

This match pretty much included the reserves, but still an impressive result despite this. Not much to say other then a pretty expect result where Coffey was able to pick up a few. They actually got a goal back on the counterattack and then later a penalty which was saved by Tiric, but the game was pretty much done already anyway. A very late sending off that didn't matter and that was about that.

Gayá was definitely good in that match, but he generally does pretty well, not as good as last season but still.

zJF2fpX.jpg

Somehow people really wanted to see that game against Crewe.

VKImVSr.jpg

Torquay or Morecambe will be our next opponents, both being from League 2.

OZyqIpT.jpg

I would hope that "shooting with power" is something that a striker can do.

8Bv01pw.jpg

gyYtU1B.jpg

I loan out Foti to Portsmouth as he isn't getting much action otherwise.

H5da47A.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Wigan

Final Score: 4-2

YTwBOi9.jpg

Good attacking play in this match, Guillermo and Wass grabbing two each. All of them were pretty simple goals from inside the box, but very good in order to make that many chances. A little bit more in terms of defensive problems from a couple goals from Wigan, but it ended up not being enough, so a good home win.

Guillermo had two assists in that match too, he had a fantastic game.

WRW5Hra.jpg

Not exactly what I was wanting, but okay.

759Qaba.jpg

Very good from Wass in that last match as well, who also got an assist himself.

LssWuIw.jpg

Premier League

Stoke vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-1

rrFR65n.jpg

While playing as the better team for the entire game, a few chances went to each side but otherwise a very dull game apart from the final goal in injury time, with Gayá scoring on the back past from an excellent pass from Reece Brown.

Sending out Lockyer on loan as well.

EWPnLvN.jpg

Morecambe is probably gonna be another easier game to the next round.

SycIK5s.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Swansea

Zns8HLV.jpg

Very fast goal that Swansea scored from a foul on their player and the resulting freekick being delivered into the box. Gayá once again with an excellent goal from just inside the box across the goalkeeper to make it a draw where there was very few chances apart from the two goals.

FA Cup 4th Round

Morecambe vs Sutton United

5DxQNoe.jpg

Twenty-five shots on goal in this game, two goals. A little inaccurate, I'd say. At least there weren't any surprises in this game as it ended being a comfortable game, Guillermo scoring from a corner and Pearce scoring shortly after.

AkVURSf.jpg

Manchester United why

tYzjy0j.jpg

HXBmLbG.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs West Brom

WtJnxto.jpg

A pretty even game here, despite the early advantage of two goals, and then a disallowed goal after that. Wass did well on both goals arriving on the wing, Guillermo scoring from a cross but West Brom did manage to score after Tiric punched it out from a cross and a very late consolation goal for the second.

Wass doing pretty well recently at least.

8mlYcVd.jpg

AdQB7LB.jpg

Premier League

Newcastle vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-1

NfBfm9h.jpg

Another pretty dull game that was rescued at pretty much the last kick of the game. While both teams made quite a few chances, both goalkeepers did very well in order to keep them out. Pearce hammered it in after it came out to him from the last corner of the game.

Next game is against Chelsea, and it doesn't look good. Lazaro never got a game for Chelsea despite signing for them for the decent sum of £2.8M.

rAPISxb.jpg

Premier League

Chelsea vs Sutton United

Final Score: 4-2

ormltys.jpg

I have to admit I didn't expect much from this game, but there was some decent attacking threats at least. Still, Chelsea were still pretty much over us and I didn't really expect much else considering their form. Despite this, Guillermo was the first to score being on the end of a cross early on, but it wasn't long until Chelsea equalised and then went on to get three more goals without a reply, including Oscar getting his 50th goal for Chelsea from a corner. Pearce scored a good consolation goal at the very end.

Lazaro has been playing pretty well I would say, but not scoring a huge amount of goals or anything. He is an attacking midfielder, to be fair.

DqkJkCd.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Arsenal

h3NyGG9.jpg

Yeah, Arsenal after Chelsea wasn't exactly the best run, but this one was actually a lot closer, and if not rather poor defending to allow Arsenal to take the lead early on, we might have got a draw out of this game. Guillermo scored a great individual goal latching onto a defensive error and smashing it into the corner. Wilshere eventually scored a very good goal - perhaps Tiric could have done a little more to stop it, but it was definitely a deserved effort as Arsenal get the win.

FA Cup 5th Round

Sutton United vs Manchested United

4AQKibx.jpg

I really wasn't expecting to win this match but it was at home so that probably helped to a degree. Paulinho really did excellent in this game, and while Januzaj did score near post, Guillermo stole the ball off Chris Smalling to play in Paulinho who quite comfortably scored the second as they were unable to break us down for a whole 60 remaining minutes.

get it up ya, manchester

And he really did do well in that game.

IYelTRF.jpg

In the 6th round we'll either play Liverpool or Hull City, I'd imagine the former since Hull are in the Championship now.

HYwjszp.jpg

EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round Leg 1

Hoffenheim vs Sutton United

PCkshFZ.jpg

After a pretty long break from the EURO Cup we go away to Hoffenheim for the first leg of the first knockout round. Guillermo did well in order to get his two goals in a game that Hoffenheim did have the advantage in, Tiric also done well in this game to actually keep a lot more than two chances out. Guillermo was very clinical at finishing and a ball played into the box with Matavz on the end of it and a corner header gave us a level score after the first leg.

Once again another good performance from him.

4qIARXN.jpg

Premier League

Manchester City vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-3

0yEUdkq.jpg

Quite an excellent win to say the least. Not a great first half as two goals were sent in from Kompany and Negredo from set pieces but a pretty spirited second half. First of all, Datkovic scored from a corner, Agüero hit the bar from a freekick but failed to score, Lazaro caught the goalkeeper out to put it in the bottom corner from quite a range out, and Terziev finished the comeback off with a header deep into the second half. Just can't get enough of that 3-2 score, and especially against them at home. #REKT

EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round Leg 2

Sutton United vs Hoffenheim

Final Score: 5-2 (agg. 7-2)

B4zri8a.jpg

Seven goals, pretty ridiculous. I did bring my first team for this game as I thought it would be important. And funnily enough, we started out going a goal down pretty much immediately. After that, the floodgates opened though and Pearce got in on the action before the game was pretty much done by the end of the first half. They did bring one back in the second half, but Coffey eventually was subbed on and scored a penalty to make it five, and to make it a comfortable win and passage to next EURO Cup round.

9VRqA9s.jpg

We'll be playing Real Betis in the next round. They are actually second in La Liga, so that is probably not actually a good thing.

PWOOc3S.jpg

Beck, despite grabbing no goals himself, did give two assists and contributed a lot to the team during that game.

UNjTyyB.jpg

Rowe will be out injured for at least the Brighton game, which is quite a loss.

xD3ccj8.jpg

Finances and overview here:

MTOSvfe.png

League table here, as you can see Manchested United and Chelsea are pretty much unstoppable at this point I would imagine. Everything under there is a little less certain.

1UQuiOZ.png

And the remaining last fixtures, barring any progression in tournaments, of the season are here:

evWEXnU.png

Edited by Tryhard

Club Stature: Maximum

I wonder how much longer you'll get evaluations like "Sutton beat all/almost all the ass, despite expectations that they would lose to nobodies, which we have made like a hundred times and which have mysteriously never came true"

Edited by Rehab

sutton united legend jamie young update

he had another pretty bad match and got shouted at on the pitch by shane stefanutto while basically every camera watched him lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtBafAKuvdQ

he did however win the next match so that's good

• 3 weeks later...

Premier League

Brighton vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-6

bSklFoW.jpg

Such a big win was not expected away from home, Brighton do have a possibility of being relegated this season however. A game with a lot of shots on target from both sides. Cox managed to score two in one of the only games I've played him in this season and Pearce was subbed on to score later on in the game. Really too many goals over, none of them particular standout, Datkovic got a header.

Unfortunately he's probably going to be one of the players that I'll be looking to replace after this season.

ZomvRTP.jpg

Southampton managed to beat Manchester City 3-0 somehow and win the Capital One Cup.

LaQiXOw.jpg

mcOrCCw.jpg

2zxn92r.jpg

As you can imagine, a 6-2 victory ended up being one of the better victories of the week. Just maybe.

u9LExjX.jpg

urgh

RDa9Dfy.jpg

FA Cup 6th Round

Liverpool vs Sutton United

zQ8G3Da.jpg

Kinda expected to lose, but the fact that losing it in the last three minutes was depressing. They scored very early from a corner and then doubled the lead shortly after before Beck capitalised on a poor defensive error and essentially was gifted a free goal. It wasn't until much later in the game when Lazaro equalised with a well taken shot around several defenders just inside the box before losing to a header from a corner in the 87th minute.

EURO Cup 2nd Knockout Round Leg 1

Real Betis vs Sutton United

frVcoPB.jpg

I did end up playing some other players for this game and resting others. Wass played absolutely terribly and got a 4.9 rating before I eventually subbed him. As for the rest, it ended up being pretty even. Skoric was the first to score with a great freekick, Tiric cleared a shot but it was fired back in for the first Betis goal, then they took the lead after the break, Sloth scored in a goal scramble in the box, and Lazaro scored from the rebound after Pearce struck the post. Lastly, a pretty poorly conceded goal from a short corner being fired into the box. Overall, a good draw that should hopefully set up well for the home game.

Premier League

Sutton United vs Nottingham Forest

Final Score: 3-0

2YJKIce.jpg

I drew 3-3 against Nottingham Forest earlier in the season, who find themselves bottom of the league, so this was good revenge. Pearce didn't waste any time sliding across the goalkeeper and the latter two goals in the game came from Datkovic getting on the end of corners, both headers as per normal. Aprt from that, while Nottingham Forest did get a few shots on target, Tiric seemed to be fairly comfortable for them, and there wasn't much of a threat in this match.

And Datkovic ended up getting the man of the match award.

tsh5zYJ.jpg

Hopefully coming away with a win to celebrate, too.

0wzLRpF.jpg

EURO Cup 2nd Knockout Round Leg 2

Sutton United vs Real Betis

Final Score: 5-3 (agg. 8-6)

nlxqObD.png

What's with the crazy games, man? This one ended up being 3-3 after full time again and so went to extra time. They took the lead this time from a good cross and their attacking midfielder scored a very good goal. Lazaro got a disqualified goal not soon after for offside. There was a penalty given to Pearce afterwards for what I can only assume was handball inside the box, and Pearce scored that comfortably. Pearce scored another disallowed goal after that, as well. Wass took the lead into the second half before it was brought level again with Sloth injuring himself and letting their striker score. Pearce did score another after on the counterattack but with five minutes to go Agra equalised the game after Tiric made a save. Early into extra time a Betis player got a yellow card and after that they got another yellow card for diving, supposedly. It wasn't long before we took our chances against the ten men and both Pearce and Gayá scored to kill the game off.

2VqnmYR.jpg

rtBnXWB.jpg

piIZ5lE.jpg

Pearce is certainly the real deal, picking up a hat-trick today.

vjU2LVZ.jpg

Decent attendance for that game indeed.

uybQbw3.jpg

And so the draw is immediately made for the following two rounds in the EURO Cup. First we'll be playing Sevilla.

ncK1KoW.jpg

5BPpTLy.jpg

If we beat Sevilla, then we get to play one of the two French teams Lyonnais or Bordeaux.

t7GDoXn.jpg

At least he is not here to make any goalkeeping mistakes.

jNBuVJh.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Huddersfield

gC9b28R.png

A little disappointing to get a draw in this game. It was Huddersfield that did start the stronger though as they easily got two goals in the first half but aulinho and Beck were able to bring the game back to level terms before Coffey scored. Unfortunately gfor us there was one more goal from Huddersfield to bring it back to a draw.

Unfortunately Gayá will be out for a while. Hopefully I'm able to cover for his position fine.

X4PcC17.jpg

Yeah, um... not exactly good here.

0mikBz2.jpg

I quickly sort this one out, even if it is a little more expensive then I was intending.

nl5Lqbi.jpg

And of course this happens as well.

yBtvjQD.jpg

Since I am actually getting close to the wage budget surprisingly, I talk to the chairman and he is content to raise it by quite an amount. Thanks based businessman.

2fuyD6T.jpg

While neither of them won it, Datkovic and O'Connor appeared as second and third for the Player of the Month. A little surprised at O'Connor as I didn't notice him playing particularly well, but okay.

TWylHkf.jpg

Pearce certainly deserves this one, though.

OV3DtA9.jpg

Here's a update, monthly turnover is actually generating an amount.

BQu2cRQ.jpg

Premier League

Liverpool vs Sutton United

gAJmW2H.png

A lucky win here, not even going to lie. Lucas Moura got the first goal for Liverpool in the first half before Pearce scored from a corner, Beck hitting the bar not long after and then Paulinho sticking in the bottom corner. Unfortunately Terziev scored an own goal afterwards from a liverpool corner and Ortí sealed the win with a penalty in the last few minutes. We essentially snatched the win like they did to us in the FA Cup.

Get rekt scrub.

U524Pan.jpg

Gayá manages to recover from his injury.

RUjKZns.jpg

EURO Cup Quarter Final Leg 1

Sutton United vs Sevilla

geTekYV.jpg

Once again another where we came from behind to win, this one at home. Quini hit the post and we had a good few chances before Sevilla managed to score. A great goal from outside the box it was, too. Things changed in the second half however as Pearce scored the first, which was pretty much a tap in after Wass assisted by crossing the ball into the box. Ortí got the win again by putting it away after a chance by Pearce rebounded off the goalie.

w7CSMKY.jpg

kKDbdg1.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Southampton

RVIxAW7.jpg

Another pretty even game against a good Southampton side. A penalty was given to Southampton first after a few chances from them, one hitting the crossbar. They scored one against soon after with a little help from some terrible defending. Gayá scored not long after on the coutnerattack before Guillermo managed have a pretty easy goal with a great assist by Lazaro before he went on to score himself from a freekick just outside the box with ten minutes to go. Pearce also had a shot on target afterwards, but their goalkeeper saved.

Lazaro was definitely best player I had in this game, he also ended up managing four shots on target for an attacking midfielder, too.

x8XTsUF.jpg

slbEgjZ.jpg

EURO Cup Quarter Final Leg 2

Sevilla vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-1 (agg. 2-3)

NDUgZWR.jpg

Managed to scrape a draw to see us go through on aggregate score. Gayá scored from outside the box into the top corner and for the most part the rest of the game was fairly uneventful aside for Sevilla's goal, Ayew scoring in the box after a Sevilla corner was deflected out. They weren't able to find another goal however and so the game ended a draw.

tOtZXCI.jpg

To be honest, I'm surprised Bordeaux were able to be our opponents, as Lyon should be the better team.

VVWCkGM.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Cardiff

Final Score: 2-0

heD2o5x.jpg

Cardiff played pretty poor in this game despite having a decent Premier League form currently. Guillermo managed to get a tap-in early on in the game with a good pick-out by Daniel Wass. Apart from that, it was all Sutton chances for the majority of the game. Tiric had to make a couple saves but they weren't too threatening. Pearce scored in the second half from close range and Cardiff did get a goal, but it was ruled offside, and the clean sheet at home was achieved. Tiric ended up being Man of the Match, in the end for his contributions.

Paulinho and Pearce are both contenders for the Youth Player of the year.

nlHpyOH.jpg

It's about this time that I ask for upgraded youth and training facilities, both of which get wholeheartedly accepted.

e4HJPTM.jpg

0TiPpiK.jpg

I somehow doubt I'll be playing a wing role anytime soon, but it is something. Maybe I'll change one of my tactics to a 4-5-1 for next season.

hzCoD5J.jpg

Nottingham Forest have already been relegated, which isn't surprising considering their form.

dSTEuTD.jpg

Premier League

Reading vs Sutton United

HNEy4Kl.jpg

Reading are doing pretty decently as well, sitting just in the top half of the table, but having conceded almost immediately wasn't exactly great. Pearce had a great individual equalising goal, running a decent distance and putting it across the goalkeeper into the opposite corner. Guillermo took the lead for Sutton before half-time, once again putting it across the Reading goalkeeper inside the box. In the second half, Reading were able to equalise from a ball that fell out and their striker managing to get a shot away, and there was no other highlights apart from that.

EURO Cup Semi Final Leg 1

Girondins Bordeaux vs Sutton United

4Eamvkv.jpg

Another good away win. Pearce has been pretty ridiculous recently. Gayá crossed it in for Pearce to finish for the first, and the Bordeaux defender sent it into his own net shortly after. A great cross from Bordeaux gave Rivière an easy goal. Gayá was unfortunately injured after that, and then in the second half Paulinho was able scored right after kickoff with an assist from Pearce. After that, another shot on target from Paulinho and then Rivière got a huge fluke goal that I think was heavily deflected past Tiric. There was a lot of pressure from Bordeaux after that point but the score remained the same.

And yeah, it was a pretty serious injury.

wRDAM3v.jpg

Stoke find themselves being relegated as well.

WYOaFoD.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Fulham

Xxrkfle.jpg

I have to admit that I have been conceded a lot lately. I'll need to work on a better defense for next season, especially if Terziev is going to be leaving. Fulham took the lead with a goal calmly passed across the box. Coffey scored a penalty shortly after and Beck was able to score two great goals, especially the first from longish range, in each half. Fulham were able to get a consolation goal from a parried shot from Tiric not going far enough.

While he hasn't been playing as often as he did before, he has been doing decent when he has played.

WHJomxH.jpg

And with that win then we have secured a path to the Champions Cup (i.e Champion's League). Oh boy.

dYiiTEV.jpg

EURO Cup Semi Final Leg 1

Sutton United vs Girondins Bordeaux

Final Score: 3-1 (agg. 6-3)

kys4grv.jpg

This one was a little more straightforward at home, and Datkovic managed to pick up two goals from corners as well. Coffey got a disallowed goal early on, and Bordeaux hit the post, but Coffey fed it through to Paulinho and he was able to score quite easily. Apart from that, Bordeaux managed to score a possibly-offside goal at the near post of the goalkeeper before Datkovic scored his second and ended the game for good.

43H8D24.jpg

And with that, we have a final place.

Tng8h86.jpg

6fSRK9Q.jpg

Both of Datkovic's goals were actually shots, though they were at close range.

j1gHxRl.jpg

Paulinho was injured in the game, but I want to use him in the match against Manchester United so I give him injections.

ioeD32H.jpg

Yeah, that 6-0 victory against Zorya probably helped a decent amount.

K3e5LsM.jpg

Premier League

Sutton United vs Manchester United

2RHhqwX.jpg

Despite a pretty good result consindering this is Manchester United, but my players didn't actually perform terribly well and could have well won this match. Pearce scored from close range yet again before Shaqiri hit a shot that went in on the near post that Tiric probably could have done better with. A poor defensive error by Skoric allowed Insigne to capitalise and take the lead for Manchester United and it wasn't until Quini's cross allowed Guillermo to equalised late on in the game.

Chelsea have won the league quite comfortably, along with the FA Cup.

qqphpqD.jpg

ydp7EUf.jpg

The Tottenham game is actually meant to be packed for the final game of the season. This game is actually still important, because Tottenham are fourth currently with 70 points, while we have 72. If they win, they will take first place. I need a draw or a win to guarantee taking third place. Manchester United have claimed second already.

WYkqstd.jpg

Premier League

Tottenham vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-4

GqcTuLz.jpg

Guilermo here to save the day. Their defender Laporte basically gifted him the ball with a poor pass and he got his first goal of the match early on. Tottenham then equalised with their wing back being able to score at the back post as he was pretty much unmarked. Lazaro had a shot that was saved before he sent Guillermo through for his second goal that was made just too easy. Terziev scored from a corner after, and Guillermo completed his hat-trick with an unselfish play from Coffey meaning he had a simple tap-in. Tottenham got another goal from a late penalty but the game was already decided and we definitely get third place in the Premier League from this.

R6wIle2.jpg

sTqKI9F.jpg

Brighton are the last team to be relegated, with Newcastle settling just above them in the table.

ZjeMhzC.jpg

And believe it or not, that hat-trick just sent him top of the Premier League's top goalscorers for the season. By one goal over Sanogo and Djurdjevic. His average rating is also only slightly below Eden Hazard.

V5RUvt5.jpg

As you can see, you get a lot of money for finishing decently in the Premier League.

5mjnKtN.jpg

P3PRBxl.jpg

f7LJCj8.png

Insigne managed to win Footballer of the Year in England.

GHm0vZV.jpg

And Shaqiri won it for the player's votes. This Manchester United bias.

NDAcQqK.jpg

Can't take top goalscorer away from me though.

Up8t7a1.jpg

4Bfl4gt.jpg

Liverpool, finishing 10th, weren't exactly happy.

ciwYaBO.jpg

The last game of the season will be the EURO Cup final against Bayern, and honestly I'm not so hopeful. Considering it's Bayern. Surprisingly they are second to Dortmund in the Bundelisga this season.

xShIC16.jpg

ohK1mwP.jpg

Speaking of Liverpool, apparently they want me to be the new manager. I say, no deal.But really, they should be doing better. They have some really good players. Still playing Reina at the age of 36, I see.

jk7DeHh.jpg

EURO Cup Final

FC Bayern vs Sutton United

uxgFRMo.jpg

Bayern is a pretty ridiculous team right now, and Bayern controlled most of the game here. Didn't exactly help that we were two goals down in the first six minutes, the first from Lewandowski with his fourty first (!) goal of the season for Bayern after a cross from Müller. Lewandowski also set up Alaba five minutes later, which was not the start I was exactly hoping for. Datkovic scored from a header on a corner as he so often does and apart from that Bayern were able to keep up their pressure for the rest of the game and we unfortunately didn't bring it as much as we could have. To be fair, Bayern are pretty fucking ridiculous with some of their players.

LSb2N1h.jpg

lT4abhG.jpg

Bordeaux managed the top goalscorer and top assists.

3rKazST.jpg

And there is still a decent amount given for losing in the EURO Cup final.

U4R5ycZ.jpg

uqnMj1V.jpg

dJsO91i.jpg

Work has begun on the training and youth facilities now, even if I made plans for them a while ago.

hEHV90v.jpg

Here's a look at some of the finances, and the ridiculous amount you make in the Premier League, apparently. Unless it's just me.

JQ0AGNu.png

Here is the final table: Guillermo finishing top of the goalscorer list right at the very end, and averaging a 7.35 rating every time he played.

GnQDIyU.png

A list of the players sorted by goals. Pearce scored a lot more in the EURO Cup, for example, while I mostly let Guillermo sit on the bench for those matches.

b7PEcgv.png

A list of players that I'm hopefully looking to either replace or get a better player in that position:

• Either sign Terziev (he's £7.75M in value right now), get him on another loan deal, or at least one more defender that is up to that standard.
  • I could actually use a third defender around that standard as well. Reece Brown and Berkay Dabanli and unfortunately not good enough to be stand-out Premier league defenders.
  • Paulinho is unfortunately not as good as he was in the Championship and below, Lazaro is just better than him. I should have another attacking midfielder and while I wouldn't like to sell Paulinho, I'm deliberating on it now.
  • Gayá is still decent, but I possibly want any other good wing backs I can find - maybe especially for right wing backs instead of Quini. Horvat can be sold if I can find anyone else.
  • I'll probably try to sell Foti and Ortí if I can find better replacements.
  • Sloth is going to leave on his loan deal unless I can get him next season as well. I need at least one great midfielder.
  • O'Connor can hopefully be sold.
  • Skoric is alright, but I could use a better defensive midfielder. Lee Cox and Andy Rose aren't really good enough anymore.
  • Maybe a better goalkeeper if I can spare it?
So, hopefully I will be able to get: at least one defender, an attacking midfielder of some kind, one or two midfielders, wing backs, preferably one on the left and right side if I can find them, a replacement striker? Hopefully another defensive midfielder and perhaps a goalkeeper. And to sell any unwanted players that I have, which I haven't really been having the best of luck with. I'm pretty happy with the staff I currently have, though I could use more U18/U21 staff and scouts.

And the fixture list recapping the results. We went on quite a run there at the end to say the least.

vPFLPLz.png

Edited by Tryhard

man. it was expected you'd lose against bayern fucking munchen. but, you played bayern fucking munchen in a euro league final. jesus christ

also, it's sad, but the legend of paulinho had to end one day. can't realistically have a player be good from like, league one all the way up to the premiership

My team cant even afford a 6m player...so sad..so...sad....

Okay, how is this guy? I intend to buy him to replace my team current midfielder (right) and winger. He's slightly better than the my current midfielder (right) and winger in all stats.

meow_zps46bc3586.png

Edited by Magical Amber

Sutton finally has the bank to match its ambitions, finally blood enough for its great heart. Once it claims the same benefits, infrastructure and attention its rivals have so long taken for granted, all football shall know fear.

I can't believe Bayern was in the Euro Cup in the first place lol; how did they fall out of the top 4 last season? But you got almost even odds against them; that's pretty amazing all things considering. Sutton on the rise!

Who won the Champion's League? Not Chelsea apparently if they didn't get the triple. My guess would be Barcelona?