Football Manager 2014 Story - Sutton United

Tryhard

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though the best piece of advice I can give you is 'don't.' It's pretty dull and your players never have chemistry, and just... too much is out of your control.

I'll take it.

how does he even hold up as a goalkeeping coach? i mean, he was a conference south player/coach. you're in league "fucking" 1. the times, they are a -changing.

are you suggesting we get rid of him?

get him lads

he's actually alright, he coaches a lot better than his actual goalkeeping stats at least. while I could drop him and get another one, their names would not be WAYNE SHAW.

if it actually matters I'll get someone else and keep him on ironically for the rest of his contract.

Edited by Tryhard

Norway for Euro 2016

S'gonna happen.

Richards looks good and your new striker too.

I'm going to have to decide on a new hype-train to follow since Taylinho's has pretty much parked now. XD

PAULINHO HYPE TRAIN HAS ALREADY LEFT THE STATION CATCH IT IF YOU CAN

the train keeps on rolling

ix73V0m.jpg

(that's paulinho for you)

he was described when signed by Cordoba to be "like Messi, though not equal in speed". He had six appearances.

League 1

Portsmouth vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-5

zZyLAlC.jpg

Pretty much the best start I could've had. Hearn gets his first goal in a long time before Beck hmimself fires two. Their defender put in an own goal as well before he redeemed himself slightly by scoring Portsmouth's only goal. Portsmouth are not a team that anyone really expects much of this season along with us, though.

First game and this guy's already got two goals.

tuGc6Uq.jpg

HPSM91j.jpg

And like I said Hearn finally got a goal after over ten hours of football.

ccoJCmW.jpg

SLOWLY GETTING MORE.

hAO2mzB.jpg

Our first cup game is against Yeovil Town from the Championship.

g2JjjRe.jpg

Our players played so well just in that opening game.

vY0Gxeh.jpg

Capital One Cup 1st Round

Sutton United vs Yeovil

Final Score: 3-2

pHS4iNF.jpg

Hearn and Beck are the two strikers that I'm playing for pretty much every big game. Despite going 2-0 up, they managed to get two back from both a corner and a cross across the box. Soon after the break though, Hearn

scored a hugely important goal just inside the box in impressive fashion to win us an unlikely path through to the 2nd Round.

Paulinho was the Man of the Match however, despite the strikers scoring all three goals, himself getting two assists.

waYdFp3.jpg

Once again, a stubbed toe is literally the worst injury according to me.

fh3j267.jpg

LEICESTER AGAIN

CUDYV5r.jpg

While I looked through the boardroom, I decided against asking for upgrading facilities. I also asked for a higher wages for coaches should it come in the future, and also the wage budget.

1Kos9dI.jpg

kmeUpj2.jpg

League 1

Sutton United vs Crawley

Final Score: 1-1

VnHlt0q.jpg

This was a fairly even game from both sides, with Crawley edging it on chances created. McDermott scored an absolutely great goal outside the box for them early on before Beck gave us the point when the game was starting to wind down. Aside from that, there wasn't really too much else to pick from. Jamie Young did well to keep out a few other chances, however.

Jamie Young seems to be one that is suspectible to injuries, though. At least I have a second goalkeeper unlike when I started, but I would like to have a better main goalkeeper in the near future.

tU6PECH.jpg

This is quite a big loss, considering Paulinho is by far the best player in my attacking midfielder role. He'll miss quite a few games.

uj866EK.jpg

What are we even doing in training? This one is shorter, though.

jL2mnIk.jpg

Our first opponents in the Paint Trophy, which we got to the final last season, is against Northampton Town at home. Since they are in League 2, we should be able to win this one.

FxTNzZY.jpg

League 1

Rochdale vs Sutton United

Final Score: 3-1

hSuLSpm.jpg

Once again we're facing this team, and another loss. While Hearn was able to convert once, it was a dominating performance by Rochdale throughout, conceding twice from us losing the ball, even from kickoff for the second. The third was from a corner. Hearn did get a fairly nice goal, but it ended up not inspiring a comeback.

TRAINING MUST BE DEATH

DBZEjOP.jpg

League 1

Sutton United vs MK Dons

oOkvaWE.jpg

We've had a few games against MK Dons already, but this was a good result considering they should do well in League 1. Credit has to go to Young for saving this game for us, and Isaac for scoring a great freekick. and making the most passes.

A great goal that helped to win us those three points.

OwmB0TF.jpg

Richards has also been doing well up that left wing.

OupXXPK.jpg

Capital One Cup 2nd Round

Leicester vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-3

2e85XQC.jpg

I don't know if Leicester were just bad or what but this was a pretty comfortable win. The first goal from a header coming from an indirect freekick, the second being Sawyer's freekick taking place right outside the box and the third from a rebound after one of our corners. Mark Beck does pick up a deserved Man of the Match moment, but Leicester mustered very few chances even bothered Young. Makes me wonder how they're still in the Premier League.

LQaJRCd.jpg

Hearn is doing about as good as Beck currently, but they are doing well as a pair.

jgq4BKp.jpg

MANCHESTER WHY

48deUAj.jpg

Dd4hrWT.jpg

League 1

Notts County vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-3

lk2sjal.jpg

Probably a little more difficult than it needed to be against a team that are doing pretty poorly right now. Taylinho got two goals and another was disallowed after Beck got a goal himself. Despite being 3-0 up, our defense did rather poorly to let two goals in and make this more difficult than it needed to be. Unfortunately, Isaac also got injured in the 90th minute, which I hope wasn't serious.

Taylinho, of course, received man of the match. Unfortunately, I'm probably going to be letting him go at the end of this season, I am deeply sorry. I was planning for him to become a staff member, he seemed rather fixated on being a scout, but he might have a few more years playing for other lower league clubs before he retires.

dd0H0Ni.jpg

And guess what? It was serious.

05hRMe7.jpg

On the other hand, we do have this guy coming back.

ApwoOub.jpg

Egbo asked for his loan to be terminated since I haven't played him, and I agreed. I decided his loan from Crystal Palace before I did sign Richards and Rafferty, so we have the wings pretty covered right now.

H8gEYSK.jpg

An old friend of ours talks about our new striker and his similarities to slabster.

JytiD3A.jpg

Johnstone's Paint Trophy South 1st Round

Sutton United vs Northampton

Final Score: 1-0

UdQCL04.jpg

Northampton gave us a really good game, actually, even if I was rather frustrated that we created a bunch of chances early on but their goalkeeper was being a boss. Hearn was the one that stayed on till the last ten minutes, and Paulinho threaded the ball through to him. A win for us.

vAYnDsB.jpg

Paulinho is always golden.

Hvre89I.jpg

Chelsea have a bunch of money. Also, sixteen signings for Sunderland, what's going on there?

0iPE6bo.jpg

Is it just me or is this a rapid departure from the current Sunderland squad. Plus they are currently 22nd in the Championship. And Gus Poyet was sacked before being replaced with... Malky Mackay.

jrvjCmV.jpg

Leyton Orient, who we lost our friendly against, seem to be contenders for promotion, too.

aVlGUFy.jpg

Isaac's freekick gets the top place on the goal of the month, as well as McDermott's strike against us getting second. Isaac's freekick taking isn't even that good.

kfIkgBb.jpg

[spoiler=Goal]VI56hM2.gif

I'm not sure how much the chairman will inject for the start of every season, but I'm wondering how much I should be going to spend. I figure that if (when) we reach the Championship, I should start shelling out the big bucks in order to compete, because Championship players may be able to do decent in the Premier League and if not I should actually be able to sell them. For some reason it seems very hard to sell players at all in this game, I never really had that issue before. Maybe it's just because I don't have very good players right now, but eh.

lGhVMDs.jpg

League 1

Sutton United vs Preston

QN0HmsN.jpg

This was the first televised game. It figures that we would win by the nearest of margins. We score in the first minute just to hold on for the entire rest of the game. Honestly, this should have went Preston's way but through sheer determination and maybe luck we manage to hold on. They eventually got a player sent off which didn't help them, but Jamie Young being Man of the Match pretty much says everything. Credit to Kretzschmar getting the goal in the first minute from the very first corner of the match, though.

And lo and behold we actually get Leyton Orient in the next round.

BH8BE1Z.jpg

Scoring goals or doing well and promptly getting injured seems to be becoming a thing.

gnaN9tZ.jpg

Oh, and Clough too, that sucks.

rrupCmZ.jpg

DAMN IT

x37m0DE.jpg

Jamie Young, still alpha

sl3t1HM.jpg

I WANT MY OBVIOUS LOSS TO MANCHESTER CITY TO BE TELEVISED TO THE WORLD

DmSOMsH.jpg

League 1

Crewe vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-2

WhAYMDj.jpg

Jamie Young did still have a good performance in this match, but after Beck scored from an early cross, Crewe got a penalty and Young couldn't save it. After that, Richard was there to put it across the goalkeeper for our second before it was equalised in the second half in injury time to save the home team a point.

Despite the result Richards is doing well on the left side.

EIaVgwi.jpg

HQdNKkB.jpg

This is quite a long one, too. I decide not to risk him playing one game as it isn't that important.

whCnMJM.jpg

Gash finally returns after a long injury. He'll probably be able to get a few games now.

4CSfV2E.jpg

League 1

Sutton United vs Brentford

Final Score: 0-2

VnYyA28.jpg

This was a pretty bad performance all around. they received a penalty almost immediately, and a fantastic goal from outside the box made it two. Apart from that, there were very few chances in the game and it ended up being pretty bad for us despite mustering more shots on target.

Sawyer returns, but I should note that I have placed some people who are listed as backup players on the transfer list. While I don't really expect too much interest, it may be better trying to sell them then just waiting for their contracts to run out. Sawyer is one who has been able to keep up with the team from the start, but it's starting to be obvious that he doesn't have the same place, which is a shame since he currently holds a place in the best overall eleven.

RotdHuq.jpg

I KNOW OKAY

uSVO2z5.jpg

Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Sutton United vs Manchester City

Final Score: 1-3

0ClWuku.jpg

FUCK MANCHESTER IT'S A SHIT CITY TOO

"A late tackle" - no-one even gets carded.

AMsEnEM.jpg

Despite that, at least Pelligrini is 'aight with it.

hcDn770.jpg

PYRWk7L.jpg

Isaac is back.

76AjZwA.jpg

Generally that's what complete wing backs do, yes.

2PKnYA4.jpg

League 1

Sutton United vs Burton

TbIhpAU.jpg

A very boring game with pretty much no chances. Beck assisted as Hearn finished, but there were pretty much no other deciding moves and we win by Hearn's one goal.

DQw9qLL.jpg

Even more killer.

hIQUN8v.jpg

Uh, I guess this is good?

A8dEq1P.jpg

Walsall also find themselves in the playoff spots from a good run of games.

fE9pH36.jpg

165 people have bought Sutton United shirts, and that makes them good people.

ZOFh14a.jpg

STOP GETTING INJURED EVERYONE

bYGkPqD.jpg

I was looking at Joe Lolley, who was the top goalscorer in League 2 last season - turns out he's a free transfer. While he isn't a bad striker, he was asking for a little too much in wages for me to even consider.

[spoiler=Image]FEtB1fD.png

A run of the fixtures.

TS6XXIx.png

And the current league table. Like in League 2, it's heavily contested.

yaNTFgG.png

Edited by Tryhard

Yeah, don't suppose there's any way to avert that, is there? Like improving training facilities, or coaches or something?

Also haha what the heck Lee during his goal, did he literally run into the box after he scored, even as the keeper was throwing the ball out?

"DID IT REALLY GO IN?"

Was he like sitting there caressing the net

Chelsea have a bunch of money. Also, sixteen signings for Sunderland, what's going on there?

jrvjCmV.jpg

I believe there are literally four (4) players from that squad in the current, post-2013/14 side. Four (4).

And I think Ustari was just a loanee last season to cover for Westwood's injury, anyway.

FUCKING MANCHESTER, EVERY TIME

also jesus christ is sutton united's training ground also known as the marines boot camp from hell

Yeah, don't suppose there's any way to avert that, is there? Like improving training facilities, or coaches or something?

I don't know, but I would think upgrading would help with that, as well as obviously improving players over time. It's a warzone out there.

Also haha what the heck Lee during his goal, did he literally run into the box after he scored, even as the keeper was throwing the ball out?

"DID IT REALLY GO IN?"

Was he like sitting there caressing the net

I think that is indeed what he's doing. What a guy.

E0rKhXA.gif

work on your celebrations lads

robben.gif

(robben on the ground, how does that happen?)

I believe there are literally four (4) players from that squad in the current, post-2013/14 side. Four (4).

And I think Ustari was just a loanee last season to cover for Westwood's injury, anyway.

That's pretty impressive. Gus Poyet ended up being sacked, too. rip

Edited by Tryhard

JUMPING FOR A HEADER I guess he is 34.
m6vqEe6.jpg

Max is a midfielder, so this may not be an entirely good trait, but yeah.
RY3IK7B.jpg

Hudson a shit
7i3Str9.jpg

They beat Rochdale 4-0. That makes me sad.
BJLXBM3.jpg

League 1
Shrewsbury vs Sutton United
iUzHUVp.jpg
Shrewsbury were really quite lucky to win this, scoring their own shot on target very early on in the game. The one thing I have to say is that their goalkeeper did great in order to keep us out, because we should have won this game, nevermind drawing it. Unfortunately, we didn't really turn in an overwhelming performance either.

I find it kind of funny that Paolo Di Canio is now managing Bristol City.
JQCRFtR.jpg

Johnstone's Paint Trophy South 2nd Round
Leyton Orient vs Sutton United
Final Score: 0-1
CYGO58M.jpg
On the other hand, this is one that we really deserved to lose. Another away game, but we were outplayed pretty much the whole first half before Paulinho scored early on in the second half in order to give us the win. And against a very good side.
dRRFRVB.jpg

Broken ribs is quite something.
2ct6gRW.jpg

He can play as an attacking midfielder, not particularly well but this may be helpful if he does.
VPgs1QT.jpg

League 1
Southend vs Sutton United
EQ1GTCb.jpg
This was pretty good play but once again we came away with the slimmest of scorelines. Paulinho once again saves the bacon. There were very few highlights, honestly.

Right after beating them, too.
Uf0MubB.jpg

Taylor's one defender that probably isn't going to be around too long after this.
q9BqII3.jpg

Surprisingly Paulinho's value hasn't changed so far. It may just be some evaluation magic from the game, but I'm not sure how much it changes.
lMnkNIv.jpg

League 1
Sutton United vs Bradford
MjVzRX4.jpg
Bradford do pretty well here despite being mediocre in the league, scoring a penalty that gave their player the first of his season, which is a little strange. Otherwise, their keeper did well to keep out a couple late chances as we slid to a draw.

Has it really been that long? Beck is playing in the Target Man role, and he still happens to be the top scorer, by the way.
9jOxZTG.jpg

Wrexham are in League 2, and at the bottom of the league, too.
VZQJLYW.jpg

Well, he's 35 now.
5mosUsh.jpg

League 1
Doncaster vs Sutton United
PfiT7Fh.jpg
Beck's always getting the tap-ins. Otherwise, this was a fairly easy game against a relegation-bound side... well, maybe not. It's pretty even throughout the table so who knows. I haven't played Comminges in a while so pretty glad that he picked up a goal here too.

League 1
Sutton United vs Hartlepool
Final Score: 2-1
STZsHhl.jpg
A pretty good result despite no clean sheet. Jamie Young was Man of the Match, so that tells you that they did at least get their chances. However, Beck scored a header before Paulinho had a free rebound for a goal, while they managed one back from a corner.

What a beast. He's been pretty excellent despite his stats not being overwhelming good. A shame the defense isn't quite as good.
9M1ykQf.jpg

FA Cup 1st Round
Wrexham vs Sutton United
oQ8rXvR.jpg
This was terribly one-sided, Wrexham didn't do too well and it could've been more. Hearn caused their defender to make a mistake before Paulinho smashed one in just beyond the penalty spot to take us into the second round.
e3k6bWz.jpg

Interesting that I signed him for 1.2K and now he's valued at 200K. He is one that has definitely improved, as well as others.
KlRqScM.jpg

Bury are another mediocre League 2 team that we played a couple times last season. Won one, lost one.
VlHtjAs.jpg

Stevenage are pretty the best team in the league currently.
UmgrUHC.jpg

WE'RE SELLING SHIRTS NOW
aa9OQq5.jpg

League 1
Stevenage vs Sutton United
Final Score: 6-4
v3MruSj.jpg
Fuck this was bad. My defense just gave up. That said, their defense was pretty bad too. After being down 4-1, I didn't really expect much, but we did score three more times surprisingly as to not make this a humilation but Clough and Lockyer played terribly. Otherwise, Beck and Paulinho played well in attack. Also the fact that we got rekt off a guy with last name Kirby.

Shit, get it together, guys.
Ms0TTbS.jpg
PLDm6Xf.jpg

Yeah I'm not entirely surprised. We were on the losing side though, this time.
nswHRZ8.jpg

English guy, being called up by Scotland. Yeah, that's pretty much how lenient international callups can be.
vt2awF7.jpg

League 1
Sutton United vs Leyton Orient
Final Score: 3-0
7nCWrVT.jpg
A comfortable win - Vaughan gets a tap in for his first goal of the season. I looked at the penalty claim and it seems they got it harsh. Hearn nevertheless puts it away before a dangerous cross into the box in the second half causes their defender to score an own goal.

He may not have had any goals himself, but once again another two assists for him.
467gKh8.jpg
pcXMrCe.jpg

Johnstone's Paint Trophy South Quarter Final
Southend vs Sutton United
hFXWGw1.jpg
Another victory against Southend, and Jamie Young did fantastic in this game as well to keep a clean sheet, and probably would have got the Man of the Match without Beck and Richards also putting in really good performances. Hearn scored from just inside the box before Beck did the same, and Richards completed it for three in the first half. There was also another disallowed goal for us, but after that first half they didn't really have too many chances.
iFe6OO2.jpg

And he's doing quite well even from that support role he has.
8Z2mHtn.jpg

respect the legend
SY1v5yH.jpg

I think there is something poetic in getting your previous parent club in a cup tie when they are now a league below you.
xBmuS7d.jpg

League 1
Sutton United vs Tranmere Rovers
u7KI1TL.jpg
I'm just going to note that Lee Cattermole, previous Sunderland captain, is playing now for Tranmere Rovers. Not a fantastic game for us, otherwise. Once again Jamie Young just keeps this to a draw and only concedes a penalty from the match. Taylinho did score for the first time in quite a while, I have been giving him minutes where I can but it all seems a level too much above him.

Yeah, you can really see that careers die hard eventually.
LjYlPlf.jpg

I find it funny that the team currently in first place in the league are offering me a possible job. But I just said fuck you anyway. Because I roll like that.
TJuATZZ.jpg

This guy just too bro.
JaWZUxU.jpg

League 1
Colchester vs Sutton United
Final Score: 5-3
wI6Gvnt.jpg
Another high-scoring defeat. This was quite the comeback at being 4-0 doing to coming back to 4-3 before losing another one. I thought this was pretty much going to be a rout after the first 26 minutes. We still have real trouble defending corners, three of the goals being for that, and also all three of our corners also scoring, so I don't even know what to believe.

Isaac was pretty much the only reason we got anything out of that, considering he created three goals from assisting via our corners.
LGUXWBH.jpg
Qcf6QH3.jpg

League 1
Sutton United vs Fleetwood
qfGaeRU.jpg
A pretty poor performance from Fleetwood who are still title contenders, plus they got a man sent off early. Taylinho was there to save the day like yesteryears as he sunk a penalty but otherwise the game was fairly dull - the sending off could have been a penalty for a professional foul too but it was judged to be just outside the box for a freekick.

FA Cup 2nd Round
Sutton United vs Bury
Final Score: 1-4
wc2zWhg.jpg
A pretty dominating performance from Mark Beck here despite going a goal down early, but it wasn't until the second half where Beck scored two in 3 minutes and then another from a corner before Lockyer made absolutely sure in injury time.
GoyknlS.jpg

Beck got his hat-trick, though.
rKsbHgs.jpg

We get a chance to upgrade the youth recruitment.
Et7pRo1.jpg
smLC1K5.jpg

Swansea are at least a change from Leicester again.
uw5kl5P.jpg

League 1
Bristol City vs Sutton United
SVmcVrR.jpg
Even though we didn't have as many chances over Bristol City, their finishing was terrible and barely ever on target. Hearn snuck the only goal of the game around the keeper and into the net and barely anything else happened.

I'll try to keep Richards out of a few games if I can now, at least if I remember.
RbRHupK.jpg

Shrewsbury still aren't doing great in the league, but some good results there.
HxkbM9b.jpg

League 1
Walsall vs Sutton United
jXLT4UD.jpg
A good game with a lot of chances between us but their keeper was damn good this game. We tried for the comeback but it was hard fter losing two goals to some pretty bad defending. Paulinho got injured and had to be brought off right at the end of this match, but thankfully he turned out to be fine afterwards.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy South Semi Final
Gillingham vs Sutton United
xeEhKfn.jpg
Some great play by Paulinho in this match as well as Jamie Young for keeping us in it. Unselfish play gave Beck an assist and Paulinho two with the front three all scoring. Gillingham couldn't get past Jamie Young however as they had a lot more shots but nothing to show for it by the end.
YzA4Fos.jpg
D5iFSLv.jpg

Not a fantastic record (really, only 2 is the record?), but he certainly has been great for us so far.
5NIMdx2.jpg
QGE2wyp.jpg

C0vpKCk.png

The league table shows we are currently in the playoff places despite ten losses. Once again, it does look very close.
yHA0Hje.png

Next match shall be against Derby and we have cup games against Swansea and whoever meets us in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy South final.
ngArLaJ.png
Edited by Tryhard

i'm aware that bony kept them up by himself last season

manchester are in the premier league and I don't like that

Edited by Tryhard

fucking lee cattermole...

He'd only be like thirty, too. What the fuck.

betraying scum

League 1

Sutton United vs Derby

9zrfj1p.jpg

This was a very poor game for us. We mustered no shots on target while Derby had a bunch. It ended up a loss by one goal, but could have ended up many more if not for a brave performance from Jamie Young. It did take a while before they eventually scored, though, from a cross to their striker to head into the net.

Even though I haven't been playing Comminges very much anymore, he does get injured in this game that I play him in.

GEt4JMa.jpg

HELLO AGAIN

VIoa6Kv.jpg

Richards seems to be more comfortable in the wing back position, now.

sWQ8Ga1.jpg

League 1

Sutton United vs Swindon

Final Score: 5-1

AFhV9YT.jpg

Quite the performance from the strikers and the team in general for this match. Hearn managed to match Taylinho's talent of scoring four times in a single match as Swindon play pretty poor defensively to give him a few sloppy goals, but he also has a few great ones. Beck buried a penalty for his one goal of the match, and an assist. At the very end, their striker manages to take away Young's clean sheet. Otherwise, pretty much perfect.

The man of the moment.

cxJf3AP.jpg

QgI8zsu.jpg

Zurdo is one that will see retirement at the end of the season. Maybe a little disappointed at his impact, but he has been helpful on the way to some better wing backs.

k56dQ58.jpg

League 1

Crawley vs Sutton United

hfOAtzc.jpg

Crawley aren't a particularly good team, but they did quite well here to be pretty much even with us, but Young did make a mistake for the goal, unfortunately. Hearn scored from a cross put across the box, and the rest of the game had very few chances.

Rafferty is a good lad, but he'll be out for quite a while.

QWNtzWd.jpg

The match with Swansea is coming out fairly soon, now.

xq5fskc.jpg

A few midfielders are getting this one at this point.

chLZ02H.jpg

League 1

Sutton United vs Portsmouth

PgIEHG9.jpg

This was pretty unlikely just to get a draw out of this, because Portsmouth really weren't creating too much. Kretzschmar was the unlikely scorer from a corner before Lasimant equalised for Portsmouth from also a corner in the second half. Twelve shots on target, only one goal. Kind of disappointing.

This guy, too.

VPSZ8Fr.jpg

Neymar wins World Player of the Year with an average rating of 7.77

b4rd2HJ.jpg

Not bad.

T1zIAii.jpg

One of Hearn's four goals end up on the list.

VG5GdDx.jpg

[spoiler=Goal]Fd2Aj9J.gif

League 1

Sutton United vs Rochdale

9cVKxnJ.jpg

A win against Rochdale? I'll take it. It was looking pretty bad from an early own goal from Young, but after that point we dominated for the rest of the match. A tap-in for Paulinho, a freekick from Hudson and a goal across the goalie left this match as a good win.

I end up handing Paulinho an extra two year contract.

f8DIpZV.jpg

And our next game is the home game against Swansea.

PBTgz4u.jpg

4qcGNWx.jpg

I found a central defender I wanted to sign since my defenders are pretty poor in their standards now.

xOpRRaB.jpg

Central or Right Defender/Central Midfielder - Reece Brown

[spoiler=Image]6hZSrBL.png

Transfer Amount - £185K

There aren't too many great defenders that are currently willing to become Sutton Soldiers, but this guy is going to be my best defender by far. I'll probably need to sign another for next season, though.

BCh6fwY.jpg

FA Cup 3rd Round

Sutton United vs Swansea

7gAHIVK.jpg

SWANSEA A SHIT. Okay, it was actually a close game but all I gotta say it suck it nerds. Getting a player sent off probably didn't help them, but they still hung on to come from two goals down before Hearn won it for us again. Notice that there was one (1) minute between the booking and the sending off of said player.

ByFHmOn.jpg

P43SNfK.jpg

Paulinho stole the Man of the Match with two assists.

uMxyS25.jpg

Surprisingly this had more profits than the Manchester United game.

pNrgW7g.jpg

VAUGHAN WHAT DID YOU DO

PJFwtdq.jpg

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough.

OjIzvdq.jpg

League 1

Preston vs Sutton United

ZA7qP8q.jpg

Preston having the home advantage, IMO. Seriously though, this was a pretty poor defensive display, otherwise we had a chance of getting a result out of this game. I should note that Reece Brown hasn't been able to play the last two games due to being suspended for red cards.

League 1

MK Dons vs Sutton United

Final Score: 0-4

NT3zd1K.jpg

Well I really wasn't expecting this. Pretty much a domination. While three of the games came late, two tap-ins and a corner ensured this was a pretty unexpected result.

DPOGZCC.jpg

This guy is always making it on the list.

9HVM5cf.jpg

uIxE8KA.jpg

Brown played a very good game along with Lockyer as his debut and kept a nice clean sheet.

AW3MA4J.jpg

In the fourth round, we get Fulham, who are currently top of the Championship.

8Z0Id2W.jpg

QSl28Zm.jpg

mw7DiEp.jpg

We also have our Paint trophy match against MK Dons, who we just obliterated, kinda.

gmhY9Ji.jpg

FA Cup 4th Round

Fulham vs Sutton United

Final Score: 1-2

mMGPv3s.jpg

Not a fantastic showing, but it should be noted that Fulham's next opponent from going through after beating us - MANCHESTER UNITED.

Hearn got a consolation goal late on, but it didn't matter after Fulham pretty much bossed the entire game otherwise.

z0eB8Rk.jpg

VfQVWOi.jpg

Unfortunately our other spare winger will also be retiring.

MpGYTJV.jpg

Despite the loss to Fulham, the team does get a mention for their performance against MK Dons.

zUVQdKa.jpg

League 1

Sutton United vs Crewe

ZVBmSMG.jpg

This was nicked by none other than our new signed defender Reece Brown right at the end from a freekick, which was probably a little more than fortunate here as this probably deserved to be a draw.

yrQLOMW.jpg

League 1

Brentford vs Sutton United

Ov8sRUY.jpg

Brentford were in control of this match even if Paulinho scored first, and though it took a long time before they took the lead, it seemed a likely win for them with the amount of chances that they had. OH WELL

Rafferty is back after quite a few games.

d1IgfH2.jpg

Yeah, the aging squad is quite apparent at this stage. Luckily, all the people who are retiring are no longer first-team starters.

r7fd3KI.jpg

p06QS4f.jpg

Johnstone's Paint Trophy South Final Leg 1

MK Dons vs Sutton United

2Kaf8e9.jpg

Another away win against MK Dons in quick session. Beck slotted home a goal after Hearn threaded him through, and Hearn got a tap-in when Howell also played him in from the side. There were very few deciding chances otherwise, and it'll be good to go into the second leg at home with this advantage. I assume that means we really should win the South Final.

dvbEfOS.jpg

The January window is summarised.

x0bFlrY.jpg

Fleetwood find themselves on top of League 1, with a good run of results.

z6z2spw.jpg

League table:

gdVmMsz.png

Fixtures:

XsXomoK.png

Edited by Tryhard

This is literally the greatest screens LP on the site which has inspired me to make the worst screens LP on the site.

i'm back bitches

fuck I can't hold all these images

League 1

Sutton United vs Shrewsbury

xFI0c0v.jpg

Those strikers, though. Seem to have a theme of losing that clean sheet at the very end of the game, but an easy home game with Beck and Hearn getting the three goals.

It looks like the majority of goals are going to be shared between the front three as opposed to before, but Beck is getting about as many goals from that supporting target man position.

ThTlocx.jpg

League 1

Sutton United vs Notts County

MupKQGQ.jpg

I did rest quite a few of my players because they had pretty much been playing non-stop recently, but this lead to a bad result against Notts County, who aren't doing particularly well now. Taylinho managed to grab a goal, but only shortly after going 3-0 down.

Gill is an alright lad.

4CwHdXt.jpg

League 1

Burton vs Sutton United

cvCC3Uv.jpg

Pretty much went the same as the Shrewsbury game, both Hearn and Beck getting on the scoresheet, Beck following up on a rebound off the post from Paulinho. Hearn scored later on from a corner and straight down the middle to put this beyond Burton, but their first shot on target ended up as a goal as Rafferty gave away the ball from a throw-in in our third.

Shot accuracy indeed - five shots in that game, five on target, two goals.

S6F6ORI.jpg

Paulinho got two assists yet again in the Burton game.

e7glpAg.jpg

We have the second leg of the MK Dons coming up - we are leading 2-0 from the first game.

innIpmJ.jpg

Johnstone's Paint Trophy South Final Leg 2

Sutton United vs MK Dons

Final Score: 1-2 (agg 3-2)

v0hrNIF.jpg

Not exactly the home performance I was hoping for, considering we dominated the game otherwise but didn't score more than one goal, Beck scoring from a cross by Richards early on. Crosses from a freekick and a corner were all that MK Dons needed to get back into the match though, and it was a rather nervous end. Nevertheless, we held out. We have another shot at the PAINT TROPHY.

ZmdjfqG.jpg

SPVAWuh.jpg

I thought we would be facing the same opponents, but it was actually Sheffield United we faced last season. This time it's Sheffield Wednesday, their local rivals.

fxrwxd5.jpg

League 1

Sutton United vs Southend

GJ1jnlC.jpg

Not the easiest game ever but we did create more chances then Southend. We didn't have a good first half heading into the second half being 1-0 down and outplayed thus far. Beck and Isaac bailed us out by getting two back to make it level, you'll notice that it remarks that Isaac missed a penalty but scored in the same minute - he scored it from the spillage after the keeper saved. Vaughan came in to win the points after Zurdo caused the keeper to spill again and Vaughan had an easy goal.

This might be helpful for Beck being able to get more assists possibly.

LWsHGlM.jpg

The other thing is that he's gonna be out for 5 to 6 weeks because of TRAINING. This was a previous injury that he had three years ago before he even joined Sutton United when he was at Carlisle.

Rp7bdS7.jpg

This is going to be very unfortunate as he's gonna miss the Sheffield Wednesday final.

mXOrTiQ.jpg

I was informed that their right back would also be missing the final, however.

6NRIj2m.jpg

Training is truly death. I've heard that signing more than on physio might be helpful, so I might just do that - however, it's not like I've got training set to especially excruciating, considering it's currently on 'average'.

tTs78hM.jpg

League 1

Bradford vs Sutton United

QTv0fby.jpg

Another good away performance, Hearn scoring from a Paulinho assist before he went on to score himself. Isaac scored a fantastic freekick afterwards to bring a three goal advantage before their striker got an admittedly great shot from outside the box while the rest of the game played out.

Twenty three assists so far is quite a number.

BqhtSmS.jpg

DpiJEyj.jpg

Isaac's freekick also ended up being one of the best goals of the month. Tom Pope's strike against us from the same Bradford match also ended up on the list.

QC0bnlT.jpg

[spoiler=Goal]sh2ttU1.gif

Brentford are becoming contenders for the league, too, sitting in the playoff spots.

7D9rWm4.jpg

kDW6aIe.jpg

League 1

Sutton United vs Doncaster

Final Score: 4-0

RzfFTJj.jpg

Trying to bring back those big results, now. Doncaster are bottom of the league and are looking certain to be relegated, now. It took a while to score against them in this match, but after it came, more followed. The first was deflected by their defender, but Sawyer and Gash were playing well, too, considering I brought them in to fill in while I rested some players. Believe it or not, this result actually ended up sending us to top of the league, poor results from Stevenage and such.

aBDDps5.jpg

Vpz6iTo.jpg

I've barely played this guy at all this season, but he did well there, considering he hasn't scored in ages, too.

iZuNa57.jpg

KK7dFLV.jpg

That would be nice, but generally we haven't given away too many penalties to my recollection.

cAfEnHE.jpg

This one is interesting, but since my wing backs are almost always running up the wings and attacking, I don't know how useful it would be.

4AR8GnH.jpg

As you can see a pretty good performance from the defenders too.

xmBAaDP.jpg

League 1

Hartlepool vs Sutton United

RWPxkJS.jpg

A pretty good match that ended probably fairly in a draw. Howell unfortunately scored an own goal from a deflecting off him, but Lawless played a rare game instead of Paulinho and scored an even rarer goal to make it 1-1.

League 1

Sutton United vs Stevenage

6UtSDKh.jpg

I wasn't really hopeful about getting a result here, as Stevenage are one of the best teams in the league. I thought we had got a goal early on only for it to be disallowed. Young had to make a couple of saves before a cross to Ball caused the only goal and there were very few other chances created.

Young got injured, but it seems to be nothing serious. He'll probably be ready for the next league game, even.

NhsdW6E.jpg

League 1

Leyton Orient vs Sutton United

kPIeO8P.jpg

Another game where we had more chances but it ended up being a draw. Their first goal was a really good strike, though. Richards came in from the wing in order to go across the goalkeeper himself, before Kretzschmar got a free shot from a rebound.

Definitely the best wing back I've had so far - if we make it to the Championship, I think I definitely need to get someone bettter for the right side.

fi96A8K.jpg

League 1

Sutton United vs Colchester

QdBUTHl.jpg

Colchester were really the dominant ones here, and probably should have won. They had two simple goals in the box but Hearn's was a long ball over the top that he scored from. There was a penalty given from our corner in the last minute, and legend Taylinho stepped up to bring it level and give us a point.

Our next game is the final, at Wembley.

L9bNmfS.jpg

Supposedly we are favourites in the game, and Sheffield Wednesday are actually in League 2, so here's hoping.

6GiubtV.jpg

yCYrwuf.jpg

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final

Sheffield Wednesday vs Sutton United

BLQgB7w.jpg

Despite not many highlights, a pretty intense game. Young actually got on the assists as he punted the ball up to Hearn who slotted it away. It was equalised pretty much immediately after when a ball was cut back across the box and Buchanan scored a very good goal from some distance. It wasn't until the dying moments of the game that there was another chance - a rebound came from Paulinho after a shot was hit at the goalkeeper and I can think of no-one more suited to win this one for us considering how he's played recently.

XkVFG8r.jpg

p9qxjmg.jpg

ob620qw.jpg

And their manager now apparently wants a grudge with me because I talked some shit before the match.

w376AL4.jpg

It's funny how we basically do get nothing in terms of money for our trouble, but it is something to add to the trophy cabinet.

dFyZra2.jpg

T0ShSKV.jpg

And we ended up being the biggest overachievers, too.

C1UViAh.jpg

Beck is back after his injury, I actually played him in the Sheffield Wednesday match as he was only partially injured and recovering, but I subbed him off at half time.

foGgmJn.jpg

Portsmouth have been making a run by themselves with these results, too.

xZQxc8G.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what coaching qualification gives, but I can only assume that it is beneficial.

QLIH8Jg.jpg

Rafferty unfortunately hasn't been as good as Richards, and like I said I may want to drop decent money on a good right back, Vaughan being my other choice who is also okay.

J4dfiu6.jpg

T8l0poY.jpg

League 1

Fleetwood vs Sutton United

vOVOxzV.jpg

This was a really big victory for us considering Fleetwood are one of the best teams in the league. We went behind before getting two goals rapidly in a three minute timespan from Richards and Hearn both coming in from the wings on both sides.

This was pretty much certain for a while, since they are far away from 20th place already.

mjrF71L.jpg

Paulinho wants to leave if we don't get promoted, so I'm gonna definitely try to keep him.

UyeUHX6.jpg

League 1

Tranmere Rovers vs Sutton United

iON3Uq2.jpg

This one was kinda a shocker, though. Tranmere Rovers are likely to be relegated this season too, and yet they completely dominated this match. They never actually scored, an unfortunate own goal from Isaac, but it was a pretty bad loss nevertheless.

League 1

Sutton United vs Bristol City

ue2J4LB.jpg

Bristol City are probably going to stay in the playoff spots by the end of the season, so a draw against them is probably a good result. Vaughan scored a total fluke from a long way out to save this from being a loss, again, but he also scored an own goal previously so I guess it made up for that. Otherwise, their striker Wayne Bailey is pretty ridiculous, having thirty goals and some pretty beastly stats. Supposedly he was at Bristol City but they let him go to Southampton for £1.5M before loaning him back? Rather strange.

Another team is relegated, these guys are actually the last game we have this season.

XhBFCd8.jpg

League 1

Sutton United vs Walsall

5t5ktN8.jpg

A good game for us, and Isaac played very well in this game in order to score twice from midfield, both from spilled shots. Beck also scored a good goal after a great team buildup of passing. Once again, something happened in order to kill the clean sheet, but at least we got the win.

Isaac has been playing very well, and has an impressive average rating in terms of form.

B0QQinD.jpg

Richards unfortunately has been injured for what is essentially the rest of the season.

mig1LtJ.jpg

This one isn't very good. Again, Young will be out for the last two games, I just hope that we don't concede more than we already do against Derby and Swindon, our last two games.

b3oB40O.jpg

That is a lot of assists. I definitely want to keep him. Even in the Championship, he should still do well.

2VQkvvF.jpg

League 1

Derby vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-4

utbb8z0.jpg

This was a pretty interesting game and even though we scored four it could've went badly. Hearn scored two easy goals early on, the second being a particularly good run, Rafferty scoring from the wings, before Derby scored from a corner in injury time. After that, Derby scored from another corner to bring it to 2-3 before Paulinho traded the ball to Taylinho to put the game away.

Iv5BMZd.jpg

Tranmere Rovers are another team that are firmly relegated.

niEJZ2e.jpg

Meanwhile Stevenage find themselves in first place going into the last game of the season.

Ofvdupz.jpg

Hearn's average performance has been quite fantastic, too, despite him probably being a "worse" player than Mark Beck.

JFEJeTl.jpg

Even Lewis got on the Team of the Week for stopping several Derby chances.

B7vyiq2.jpg

Going into the last game of the season, here's what the table looks like. It's all very close at the top of the table, with Portsmouth being the biggest threats to us.

hlxLDXZ.png

League 1

Swindon vs Sutton United

Final Score: 2-3

f1mhCy3.jpg

I thought this wouldn't be too bad a game against relegated Swindon but after going two goals down fairly early, including an uncharacteristic own goal from Reece Brown, who sent it tumbling slowly past Shane Lewis, it certainly wouldn't be easy. Thankfully, Isaac scored another fantastic goal before Beck slotted away a second to make it even for the second half. After that, Paulinho collected a crossed ball from Rafferty and he put away the third goal for the win.

G2sWmZo.jpg

And that leads us to this. Yes, Stevenage lost their game against MK Dons and Portsmouth won theirs, putting us in first place in the league and Portsmouth second, nicking it right there at the end! Portsmouth are another team looking to make their return to top-flight football, but Stevenage have gotta be gutted.

A49r9C7.png

JuJre6S.jpg

I told you we would do it.

DzZiqoj.jpg

XekkUlo.jpg

Hartlepool find themselves as the last team to be relegated after drawing with Notts County and going down on goal difference.

noKUsnH.jpg

Portsmouth are coming up with us to the Championship definitely, though.

MQHHFH4.jpg

Which leaves Leyton Orient, Bristol City, Fleetwood and Stevenage fighting for the last promotion space.

QXTH5eC.jpg

Isaac's brilliant goal helped us to this victory, too.

3TzqaPA.jpg

As you can see - 91 goals, 63 conceded. That's a pretty terrible concede rate, so I need to sign another quality central defender aside from Reece Brown.

lUzwIax.jpg

And as noted before, we have some backup players now retiring.

cLjqhSo.jpg

Isaac's goal also finds itself on the best goal list of the month.

STkJB1g.jpg

[spoiler=Goal]sh2ttU1.gif

He also finds himself in the team of the week for the last time this season. All those Bradford players.

2a3mD6T.jpg

Bradford pulled out some decent results to get them into mid-table right at the end.

u60kJhs.jpg

Young has recovered just as the season ends. Still, fifty-five appearances.

Fk1n6mn.jpg

Lastly, the FA Cup is a MANCHESTER rivalry, with City winning it in extra time.

9pscSUd.jpg

Here's the breakdown of players and their contributions.

cjsvyL8.png

The final fixture list.

qnt9nM8.png

And lastly the current financial situation - the chairman seems to inject money whenever we had taken a hit in profits, so he may do so again. I did spend around £600K on transfers this season, though. And I'm still having trouble attempting to sell anyone.

AY5vDyl.png

Edited by Tryhard

SUTTON WILL RISE UP TO AT LEAST THE CHAMPIONSHIP. YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU TRY HARD ENOUGH

Anticipation, has a habit to set you up,

For disappointment, in evening entertainment, but!

Tonight, there'll be some love

Tonight there'll be a ruckus, yeah, regardless of what's come before

Edited by Rehab