Why doesn't IS want to advertize FE13?

Logience

@Bimbo Game companies in the West are weird. FE is too hard for us, but Sega didn't care about drastically bumping up the difficulty in Streets of Rage 3 because the original Bare Knuckle 3 was "too easy". I've played the Japanese SoR3 and the difficulty was more than adequate, while the Western version is impossibly hard and they cut content (like Ash, who was a YMCA-style parody of stereotypical gay men).

I also heard they re-labeled the difficulty levels in Awakening and other FE games (I think it was soc who said this somewhere).

Yet we got Contra and the Classicvanias not to mention Zelda II. Then Lost Levels didnt get here because it was too hardcore for us Americans until super mario allstars so much inconsistency.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We just HAD two remakes. I'm tired of remakes from Nintendo anyway. Zelda remakes, FE remakes, Pokemon remakes (ORAS, remember?), remakes are everywhere right now. I want some brand new stuff. Stop milking old games already. I'm not saying remakes are a bad thing and that they should never be made again, but there's just so many remakes right now that it's getting ridiculous.

This is kind of off topic though, and I feel should be a separate thread. Shall I make one?

But in the case of FE, the remakes would be of games that never left Japan. They would be new games for the majority of the Western audience.

But I agree, it's off topic and should be a different thread.

Yet we got Contra and the Classicvanias not to mention Zelda II. Then Lost Levels didnt get here because it was too hardcore for us Americans until super mario allstars so much inconsistency.

Not to mention Western games which are considered hard (original Prince of Persia for example).

But in the case of FE, the remakes would be of games that never left Japan. They would be new games for the majority of the Western audience.

But I agree, it's off topic and should be a different thread.

That's true, but I would still prefer a brand new game right now over a remake since we just got two in a row before Awakening. Still, I'd be less hard on an FE remake right now than I would, say, another Zelda remake for the reason you just stated.

And good, I'll get right on that new thread.

Nintendo doesn't seem to be what you call rational when it comes to their eshop stuff. How long was it again before they finally put earthbound in VC?

I thought Earthbound taking so long was because they were weary of legal troubles from the soundtrack.

I thought Earthbound taking so long was because they were weary of legal troubles from the soundtrack.

They claimed it wasn't because of the soundtrack but that's all they are saying.

I know. There's this huge sea of characters to pick from and everyone thinks FE is all about blue haired sword guys. I guess to be fair, those are the lords and the story does revolve around them, but there are plenty of other interesting and important characters as well. There's even plenty of lords without blue hair or swords. So there could definitely be more variety.

I guess the variety doesn't actually bother me all that much. I'm pretty happy to see anyone from FE. Maybe Sakurai will channel his inner troll and introduce an FE character no one sees coming, like Wii Fit Trainer :P

Yeah, especially as the FE reps assuming Roy doesn't make it back in are... Marth, Ike, and Chrom. Maybe even Lucina. That's four freaking blue haired lords. Jesus, I'd love to have Roy back just so we can get a little variety :/