Lucina might be in SSB4?

Reginleif

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People keep saying Lucina is more popular, but I really think that holds no water.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/super-smash-bros-characters-decided-upon-early-development/

We found out from the Q&A that the characters were decided upon early in development. The game started development in May of 2012; only a month had passed since Awakening had come out in Japan. Since the time between them is pretty small I doubt Lucina's popularity (which I don't even know if it was even big at that time) had any bearing on whether she would be chosen or not.

Hell, Sakurai might have chosen Ike again because maybe he thought that Awakening wouldn't be coming to America.

Reading the topic, I just would like to add that this Reginleif is being really obnoxious for no reason at all.

Why can't people just accept other opinions? I'm fine with people hating Lucky Star and Final Fantasy XIII, I don't call them wrong and spam pictures of ladies of African descent.

Edited by Yuffie Kisaragi

Hell, Sakurai might have chosen Ike again because maybe he thought that Awakening wouldn't be coming to America.

I doubt it. It didn't stop him from deciding to keep Marth and Roy in the localized version of Melee. Plus, it was known that Awakening would come out beyond Japan for a good while. We just didn't know WHEN exactly.

Lmao thanks for the personal attack, global moderator

Wut.

That was not a personal attack.

I doubt it. It didn't stop him from deciding to keep Marth and Roy in the localized version of Melee. Plus, it was known that Awakening would come out beyond Japan for a good while. We just didn't know WHEN exactly.

Keeping Marth and Roy in the localized Melee wasn't Sakurai's decision. That would be down to NOA.

Wasn't Marth and Roy originally planned to not be in the American version? I think I heard about this somewhere.

They were originally going to be in Japan copies only.

But during localization people liked Marth and Roy so much that NoA decided to keep them.

Edited by shadowofchaos

TBH I'd rather Lucina than Chrom, a woman lord opposite Marth would be more interesting.

Then again, Lucina's outfit IS basically Marth with a sex change, and Chrom is more popular...

If we have Chrom, Smash players will think Fire Emblem = Blue-haired guys with a sword.

Also, I think there is more chances for Lucina AND Chrom to be in SBB4 than Robin. (Like less than 0.00000000001%)

Edited by Naughx

TBH even though I still think what I thought about FE13's Tactician, I keep getting all paranoid about the possibility that I'm wrong after what happened with Pac-man and the Miis.

I will hold fast to my opinion that, with what we know about the SSB series as well as this game so far, there isn't really any reason to expect the character... however, Sakurai can change the rules of the game whenever he wants as well.

In a manner of speaking, the Tactician WOULD be a good way to represent the Fire Emblem series in the same way that Red/Pkmn Trainer is a good way to represent Pokemon; it's the quintessential character/role that defines the entire series. If the Tactician is added for any reason, I can see that being it. But nothing else.

TBH even though I still think what I thought about FE13's Tactician, I keep getting all paranoid about the possibility that I'm wrong after what happened with Pac-man and the Miis.

I will hold fast to my opinion that, with what we know about the SSB series as well as this game so far, there isn't really any reason to expect the character... however, Sakurai can change the rules of the game whenever he wants as well.

In a manner of speaking, the Tactician WOULD be a good way to represent the Fire Emblem series in the same way that Red/Pkmn Trainer is a good way to represent Pokemon; it's the quintessential character/role that defines the entire series. If the Tactician is added for any reason, I can see that being it. But nothing else.

After what happened with Pacman and the Miis, my thinking is shifting more to Chrom since that's what the Gematsu leaker predicted. Robin would really be great but I don't know if he/she'll happen.

Haha well, I don't either, but the leaks have nothing to do with my thoughts on the matter. I'm just talking pure, straightforward reasoning.

I'm leaning towards Chrom as well because of the leak now, but I'm still hoping that Gematsu was just misinformed on that one and that the Awakening rep is really Avatar. :P

If Lucina is in (I hope she is), then there's nothing stopping them from just using her promoted clothing or some other clothing that isn't too Marth-like.

What in the hell was the justified reason for reviving this horrendous mess of a thread?Pleeeaaase just let it die.

Hope will never die!

If Lucina is in (I hope she is), then there's nothing stopping them from just using her promoted clothing or some other clothing that isn't too Marth-like.

Dress from her mom support pls.

I still don't see her outfits resemblance to Marth in the first place, is it the little shield button on her cape?

It isn't so much the outfit, it's the hair, tiara, and blue on red cape. And the face, sort of. She looks like a female Marth, but in somewhat different clothing.