Eukon plays Golden Sun - also featuring: Proto's draft

Kriemhild

idk

I guess savescumming is already potentially rewarding enough on its own that there's no point in taking safeguards against a specific application of savescumming

honestly I'm fine with whatever you decide this isn't super competitive anyways

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's decided then, by majority vote. During the Moapa battle, undrafted units may not perform any actions except Defend. None of the drafted units are allowed to use any single-target actions (Psynergy, Djinn, items, etc) aimed at an undrafted unit. Multi-target actions are still acceptable. A violation of these guidelines will be treated as using an undrafted unit and will be penalized as such.

Also note that the Moapa battle still counts towards the main score, since it's still a mandatory battle that requires victory in order to progress through the game.

Aaaaaaand it's time for my update

[spoiler=Update]Entered the Great Western Sea. Got the rusty Pirate's Sabre and went aaaaaall the way back to Yallam to make it shine. It really annoys me that Yallam is inaccessible from the Great Western Sea. Anyhow, I returned to the west, got a bunch of Djinn and headed to Shaman Village Cave. I got really lucky and won a Feathered Robe without any RNG abuse. Then I went for Trial Road.

---

Moapa (6 turns)

Name   Lv  Class      Weapon          Head            Shield           Chest  
=====================================================================================
Jenna  30  Barbarian  Pirate's Sabre  Crown of Glory  Leda's Bracelet  Feathered Robe
Piers  30  Cavalier   Hestia Blade    Thorn Crown     Aegis Shield     Erebus Armor
Piers had a Mercury Djinn on Standby (which was put on Standby before all other Mercury Djinn) while Jenna had a Mars Djinn on Standby. For the first three turns, Jenna summoned two Eclipses and unleashed a Planetary on Moapa, while Piers summoned Zagan + Nereid x 2. For each of the next two turns, a Knight was killed by Planetary + Plume Edge. A final Planetary + Plume Edge on turn 6 was sufficient to finish off Moapa before he can use an annoying Water of Life.

---

After getting Aroma, I headed to Atteka to enter my #1 most favorite dungeon in Golden Sun: Jupiter Lighthouse. Everything went well... except the Hover Room. I kept falling down to the last tornado before the stairs in the Hover Room >_>. Anyhow, I met Isaac and the others and proceeded to fight AgKar. There is so much dialogue before this fight that it's really annoying to keep iterating through different approaches, especially when I want to alter Jenna's or Sheba's setup!

Am I the only one who thinks Piers's pose + dialogue of "They said they don't need us anymore" looks like a crying child?

---

Agatio & Karst (11 turns)

Name   Lv  Class      Weapon           Head            Shield           Chest  
=====================================================================================
Piers  32  Luminier   Rising Mace      Thorn Crown     Aegis Shield   Erinyes Tunic
Felix   5  Squire     Hestia Blade                                    Erebus Armor
Jenna  32  Luminier   Phaeton's Blade  Crown of Glory  Spirit Gloves  Feathered Robe
Sheba  15  Wind Seer  Meditation Rod                   Aerial Gloves
Jenna also had Haze, set.

First two turns, Piers summoned two Cybeles. Felix died on turn 1, lol.

Once Jenna came, Piers and Jenna attacked with Plume Edges and healed with Ply/Wish Well when necessary.

When Sheba came in at turn 5, Jenna unleashed Shade, allowing Sheba to survive a Rolling Flame to summon Thor. On Turn 6, Jenna unleashed Haze on Sheba, allowing her to fire a very powerful Eclipse that killed Karst. Also, due to Agatio having plenty of single-target moves, Sheba was able to survive turn 7 to Impact Jenna, before dying on turn 8. Jenna and Piers kept spamming powerful Plume Edges (and healing when necessary) until Agatio died on turn 11.

I am so raising the Swordsman Class series in the Class Tier List when I feel like upgrading the ancient one. Plume Edge + Ply AND Wish series is too good. At least Eclipse is second on the Summon Tier List.

---

I grinded a bit so that my levels match with Mia. Then I returned to Contigo.

Isaac's party get! ...wait, why is Mia cursed? Oh, right, she equipped Thunder Crown + Cleric's Ring. First thing I did was merge all the common items, though I hit the 30-piece cap for plenty of them. Then I tried to optimize whatever equipment I already had. Unfortunately, Contigo's shops are all closed, but I still saved some space. The rest of the selling would have to wait till Shaman Village.

Also, note, I always Hover with the ship because a) it's faster, and b) no random encounters. The latter will likely reduce my EXP intake, however. Anyway, I flew to Shaman Village Cave to beat up some Colosso Warriors.

---

Colosso Warriors (1 turn)

Name   Lv  Class      Weapon           Head              Shield           Chest  
========================================================================================
Jenna  33  Dark Mage  Phaeton's Blade  Crown of Glory    Leda's Bracelet  Feathered Robe
Isaac  34  Squire     Hestia Blade     Jeweled Crown     Battle Gloves    Asura's Armor
Piers  33  Tamer      Rising Mace      Thorn Crown       Aegis Shield     Erinyes Tunic
Mia    33  Pierrot    Meditation Rod   Glittering Tiara  Spirit Gloves    Feathered Robe
Eclipse x 2, gg. Technically 0.5 turns since Isaac and Piers did nothing.

---

I got Eddy, headed to Shaman Village, sold a bunch of stuff, got Gasp, and then left and Hovered to Magma Rock. Yes, I was serious about Hovering all the way.

JLAxRxQ.png

Wheee, Magma Rock had plenty of Phoenix encounters, so it looks my EXP intake didn't slow down after all! Anyhow, Magma Rock was pretty straightforward. Why is it Jenna that learns Blaze instead of Garet?

After Magma Rock, I flew to Loho, destroyed the wall, collected some Golem Cores and got Lull. Then I flew to the north to Prox. Note that I haven't entered the Eastern Sea after getting the wings, despite having a lot of forgeable materials. I'm waiting until I get Teleport so that I can go anywhere easily.

Edited by Railgun

Okay, I ran into a glitch. But first, the update:

[spoiler=Update]Mars Lighthouse was really fun. I Retreated after getting the Sol Blade though. Then I Teleported to Yallam to forge some stuff. Isaac got his Mythril Helm, Jenna got her Big Bang Gloves and Ardagh Robe, and Piers got his Excalibur. I got Mia an Ardagh Robe too, just in case. I then Teleported to Yampi Desert, RNG abused (first time in TLA!) to get Riot Gloves, and also got Crystal. I then sailed to Sea of Time Islet, got Serac and the Tisiphone Edge (and a lot of EXP from Wonder Birds) but then realized that I need Gale to complete six Eclipses, so I headed to Treasure Isle instead.

---

Star Magician (3 turns)

Name   Lv  Class   Weapon          Head            Shield           Chest  
========================================================================================
Jenna  39  Master  Tisiphone Edge  Crown of Glory  Big Bang Gloves  Ardagh Robe
Isaac  40  Slayer  Sol Blade       Mythril Helm    Riot Gloves      Valkyrie Mail
Piers  39  Seer    Excalibur       Thorn Crown     Aegis Shield     Erinyes Tunic
Mia    39  Wizard  Rising Mace     Jeweled Crown   Spirit Gloves    Ardagh Robe
I seriously did not think it was possible to beat Star Magician (AND the balls) in only three turns. Anyhow, on turn 1, Jenna killed the Refresh Ball with Death Leap, Isaac killed the Guardian Ball with Megiddo (99% activation), Piers raised Attack with Kindle, and Mia raised Isaac's Attack with an Impact. Piers died. Turn 2, Jenna and Mia both summoned Ulysses using Piers's Standby Djinn while Isaac unleashed Megiddo on Star Magician. Turn 3 was the same thing, except Piers was replaced by Felix's corpse, who also carried enough Djinn for two Ulysses summons.

---

I left the Azul tablet where it was. Sentinel is next.

---

Sentinel (2 turns)

Name   Lv  Class    Weapon          Head            Shield           Chest  
Jenna  40  Justice  Tisiphone Edge  Crown of Glory  Leda's Bracelet  Feathered Robe
Isaac  41  Squire   Sol Blade       Mythril Helm    Riot Gloves      Valkyrie Mail
Piers  39  Mariner  Excalibur       Thorn Crown     Aegis Shield     Erinyes Tunic
Mia    40  Druid    Rising Mace     Jeweled Crown   Aerial Gloves    Feathered Robe
The starting lineup had Corpse!Ivan in place of Piers. Jenna, Isaac, and Mia all summoned Eclipse. Turn 2, Corpse!Ivan was switched with Piers, and the same three characters summoned Eclipse again. Sentinel still survived after six Eclipses, actually, but Piers finished him off with a 43 damage Excalibur (no Legend). Isaac died btw, and that's exactly why I designated him as a classless Summoner instead of Piers, despite 99% Megiddo being more reliable than Piers's Excalibur. Piers simply needed the EXP more than Isaac.

---

I Teleported to Yampi Desert Cave but it seems I have to redo the entire dungeon >_>. Well, at least it's pretty short.

---

Valukar (3 turns)

Jenna  40  Hex      Tisiphone Edge  Crown of Glory  Leda's Bracelet  Feathered Robe
Isaac  41  Savage   Sol Blade       Mythril Helm    Riot Gloves      Valkyrie Mail
Piers  40  Mariner  Excalibur       Thorn Crown     Aegis Shield     Erinyes Tunic
Mia    40  Druid    Rising Mace     Jeweled Crown   Aerial Gloves    Feathered Robe
The configuration was mostly the same, but the only difference is that Isaac took four of Jenna's Mars Djinn to become faster than Valukar, preventing Valukar from casting Eclipse first. Turn 1 involved Eclipse x 3 as before, but Valukar summoned Procne, eating my precious Jupiter Djinn. Turn 2, Corpse!Ivan was switched with Piers, while both Jenna and Mia fired Eclipse. Valukar used Djinn Stun so one of Mia's Venus Djinn was on Standby. I then switched Isaac with Corpse!Felix (who was carrying 8 Venus Djinn) and summoned Cybele x 3 to finish Valukar off.

Valukar has high HP and isn't weak to Jupiter, so I doubt Eclipse x 6 would finish him off even if I somehow found a way to prevent him from eating my Djinn. So I settled with 3 turns.

---

I then headed to Mars Lighthouse to kill the Flame Dragons and get the last Djinn

---

Flame Dragons (2 turns)

Jenna  40  Hex      Tisiphone Edge  Crown of Glory  Leda's Bracelet  Feathered Robe
Isaac  41  Savage   Sol Blade       Mythril Helm    Riot Gloves      Valkyrie Mail
Piers  40  Mariner  Excalibur       Thorn Crown     Aegis Shield     Erinyes Tunic
The configuration was completely identical to that of Valukar. Turn 1, Eclipse x 3 aimed at Karst. Turn 2, I gave commands for Eclipse x 3 aimed at Agatio, but both Agatio and Karst died to the second Eclipse (fifth Eclipse in the whole battle).

---

Okay, I encountered a serious glitch, which I'll explain outside the spoiler.

The Mythril Bag disappeared. I'm serious. No, there's no Mars Star. Yes, I talked to both Agatio and Karst. See the screenshots below:

[spoiler=screenshots]rIjD1Lu.pngo7rgkiK.pngYSV4WhB.png

zBB7tS3.png1yll1wM.pngNlkEFH3.png

AaJWvbP.pngkmf3ACB.pngIEm1br1.png

A quick Google Search indicated that several people have had trouble finding the Mythril Bag/Mars Star, only to find it several hours later.

This is a really serious glitch, and I can't really progress through the game until the Mars Star reappears.

Edited by Railgun

Okay, I fixed the glitch. Make sure Felix either has the Mythril Bag or at least one empty slot in his inventory. It's apparently possible for Piers to get the Mythril Bag somehow, and if Felix also has a full inventory when you take the Mars Star, then the Mythril Bag and Mars Star will just outright vanish from the inventory. Make sure you avoid this kind of glitch.

[spoiler=Final Update]I finished the four elemental sections of the last part of Mars Lighthouse and then proceeded to the Anemos Sanctum.

---

DULLAHAN (5 turns)

Name   Lv  Class   Weapon          Head            Shield         Chest            Shirt          Boots
==============================================================================================================
Jenna  41  Witch   Tisiphone Edge  Alastor's Hood  Aerial Gloves  Feathered Robe   Silk Shirt     Hyper Boots
Isaac  41  Savage  Sol Blade       Mythril Helm    Riot Gloves    Valkyrie Mail    Golden Shirt   Quick Boots
Piers  41  Shaman  Excalibur       Thorn Crown     Aegis Shield   Elven Shirt      Mythril Shirt  Golden Boots
Mia    41  Shaman  Rising Mace     Crown of Glory  Aerial Gloves  Leda's Bracelet  Silk Shirt     Quick Boots
Yes, I transferred the Elven Shirt. It was essential for everyone to be faster than Dullahan. It was also important for Piers to be the slowest, since Isaac has the best Cybele while Mia/Jenna have great Eclipses (due to Feathered Robe + Aerial Gloves).

With Dullahan's huge HP, Eclipse x 6 wasn't sufficient. The Djinn setup had to go beyond that.

XxFBDy8.pngQYSScBI.png

Turn 1 had Eclipse x 3, while Isaac unleashed Lull before Dullahan could wreck anything. Turn 2, I swapped Piers (I made sure all his Djinn were spent first) with Ivan and had the other three summon Eclipse x 3. Turn 3, I replaced Ivan with Felix and had the other three summon Cybele x 3. Turn 4, I swapped Felix with Garet and had Isaac summon Venus while Mia and Jenna both summoned Ulysses. Isaac and Jenna both died. Turn 5, I swapped Garet with Sheba and had Mia finish off Dullahan with Ulysses.

This was the first battle where the contributions of all eight characters, including corpses, were essential for achieving this victory~

---

And then I Teleported to Mars Lighthouse to fight DOOM DRAGON!

---

DOOM DRAGON (6 turns)

Name   Lv  Class      Weapon         Head           Shield           Chest          Shirt         Boots
==============================================================================================================
Jenna  41  FlameUser  TisiphoneEdge  Alastor'sHood  BigBangGloves    ArdaghRobe     RunningShirt  QuickBoots
Isaac  41  Pierrot    SolBlade       MythrilHelm    RiotGloves       ValkyrieMail   GoldenShirt   HyperBoots
Piers  41  DarkMage   Excalibur      MythrilHelm    CosmosShield     XylionArmor    MythrilShirt  ---
Mia    41  Pilgrim    RisingMace     CrownOfGlory   Leda's Bracelet  FeatheredRobe  MythrilShirt  GoldenBoots
Stats:

eviTtgC.pngEhlmJGS.png

ooR23xN.pngmJdRUzM.png

Only stuff I cared about were Elemental Power and Agility; they all had to be faster than Doomy and Isaac had to be slower than Jenna and Mia. I gave Jenna three Mints to secure the Agility differences.

Djinn setup:

xOTRvEM.pngL7682dM.png

Squall was put on Standby before all other Djinn. After Squall, the Djinn belonging to Felix, Garet, Ivan, Piers, and Sheba were put on Standby before the Djinn of Jenna, Mia, Isaac (except Squall).

Main obstacles that kept messing up my plans that other players should watch out for:

• Doomy likes to cast Djinn Blast as his first action during any turn of Phase 1
  • Doomy loves beginning Phase 2 with Guard Aura, which outprioritizes Ground if you were thinking of using that
  • Killing any phase with a summon will not provide you with the elemental power bonuses that the summon would otherwise provide, if any
My final approach involved Jenna, Mia, and Isaac on the field at all times while the fourth person kept being swapped around.
  • Turn 1 (Felix is 4th) - Mia summoned Eclipse (1193 dmg), Jenna summoned Cybele (247 dmg), Isaac unleashed Lull
  • Turn 2 (Garet is 4th) - Mia summoned Eclipse (1511 dmg), Jenna summoned Cybele (415 dmg), Isaac unleashed Ground to block the Djinn Blast. Doomy used Flare Storm and Gavel Blow.
  • Turn 3 (Ivan is 4th) - Mia summoned Eclipse (1511 dmg), Jenna summoned Cybele (417 dmg); first head was slain.
  • Turn 4 (Piers is 4th) - Guard Aura + Cruel Ruin time! Piers unleashed Flash, Mia used a Mist Potion, Jenna used a Golden Ring, all to bear with Cruel Ruin. Isaac unleashed Squall (11 dmg, lol) to increase the Standby Jupiter Djinn count to 10. Doomy used Guard Aura + Blast Breath + Cruel Ruin.
  • Turn 5 (Piers is 4th) - Mia summoned Eclipse (1339 dmg), Jenna summoned IRIS (2335 dmg), Isaac summoned Thor (667 dmg); second head was slain.
  • Turn 6 (Sheba is 4th) - Mia summoned Eclipse (1296 dmg), Jenna summoned IRIS (2700 dmg), Isaac summoned Cybele (272 dmg); "You felled Doom Dragon!" I love how the Eclipse and Iris had no random damage at all, which would have allowed Doomy to troll me with 4 HP if I relied only on those two.
(initial plan was to have Isaac act as the Cybele summoner during phase 1, but that would leave Jenna to cast Lull, which requires her to be slower than Isaac. If she finished off Phase 2 with Iris, she wouldn't get the Mars boost necessary to 1-turn Phase 3)

I actually summoned 66 out of the 72 Djinn during this single battle, with one Djinn (Squall) being summoned twice and one more Djinn (Ground) being used without summoning. I don't think I've ever summoned that many Djinn during any other battle in any of my Golden Sun runs. This was awesome!

---

Credits theme is so awesome

Draft Analysis coming up later

Edited by Railgun

• 4 weeks later...

wow, congratulations Proto,

btw, I didn't even think it was possible to beat bosses as fast as you did and I mean that especially for Doomy, lol. (My fastest defeat of Doomy must be above 30 turns, lol)

• 1 month later...

So the 2012 draft had some balance and inactivity issues, so I decided to have a new draft with more active players and a different scoring approach.

hahahahahahahahaha

also petition to conscript Interest for any future draft

EDIT: really though he had good ideas about draft structure

also I'm kind of feeling like writing an update ugh

during the school year is not a great idea

Edited by Euklyd

• 4 months later...

Would you guys object if I took over for the fourth person, despite the fact that I can't even spell Golden Sun? :P:

Effective immediately, Eclipse subs in for Jiac

Eclipse, please check your team and setup and read the rules, all in the OP. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEXBRQRoAEg

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/7za155bqd3xx4k7/043_Walking_Forward_With_Determination.mp3

[spoiler=In which we finally get that which we have waited so fucking long for]OIrLCHr.png

Edited by Euklyd

jk, it began like a year ago - it needs to continue, not begin

[spoiler=MUSIC]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Ju3ZzpRTk

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/t4r1tvlxjcp1n58/081_The_Elemental_Stars.mp3

[spoiler=In which our saga actually continues]iQ3cq5e4ioNRN.gif

a7Cs741.gif Well, shit.

yqCfWfS.png

a7Cs741.gif But the lighthouse can't be lit without the Mercury star! What's going on here?!

QtYfalG.gif Uhhh...we kind of lost it.

QtYfalG.gif And of course by "we" I mean "they" - I wasn't involved.

YmPIlAq.gif That was faster than I expected.

iayqoXJ.pngcBQHEVw.png

ENJ6r49.gif You mean just in time. This is a special day, after all - we wouldn't want them to miss the fireworks.

vFbJGQp.gifThe fourth of July was yesterday, moron; Euklyd wasn't able to finish this update in time.

TSCuFKq.gif what

ENJ6r49.gif You wouldn't understand, child. Don't worry yourself over it.

TSCuFKq.gif Speak for yourself!

0ovcfpp.png

TSCuFKq.gif We're the ones asking the questions here!

ENJ6r49.gif ...you are?

TSCuFKq.gif YES! Tell us your dastardly plans!

QtYfalG.gif YEAH - why are you lighting the lighthouses?

a7Cs741.gif And why did you betray me, Alex? I thought we had something special...

QtYfalG.gif ...

TSCuFKq.gif ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

a7Cs741.gif Not like that, perverts!

a7Cs741.gif ANYWAYS

TSCuFKq.gif Yes, anyways! Answer quickly, scum, lest I lose my patience.

vFbJGQp.gifI have no mouth, and I must scream

ZdwqoKI.gifHOT, stop snickering; you know it's not polite.

YmPIlAq.gif Must we truly explain again?

kcHJFRJ.gif We're trying to save the world.

YmPIlAq.gif Like true heroes.

kcHJFRJ.gif We already told you this were you not listening?

TSCuFKq.gif HAH, nice try! You'll never fool us like that!

kcHJFRJ.gif If we don't light the lighthouses, the entire world will cru-

TSCuFKq.gif suuuure it will. If you're not going to answer seriously, there's no point in talking.

ENJ6r49.gif If I made up nonsense and told that to you, would you be appeased? For example:

ENJ6r49.gif "My true purpose is to absorb the power of alchemy and become a god."

TSCuFKq.gif DID YOU HEAR THAT?

a7Cs741.gif I HEARD IT - BLASPHEMY

a7Cs741.gif That is so like Alex.

ENJ6r49.gif:facepalm:

dmgn1wP.gif HOT, do you see that? If you try to rejoin them, you might catch it...

QuRLYwd.png

OwGYuhN.gif ...I wouldn't want that.

4reiwU6.png

dmgn1wP.gif Menardi, quick, get us out of here!

A5WMkT8.png]

ENJ6r49.gif Saturos, I'll stay here to assist you.

YmPIlAq.gif Don't insult me, Alex; a True Heroâ„¢ like myself needs no such cowardly assistance. This will be a fair fight, one on four!

vFbJGQp.gifTo be fair, two of us are rather incapacitated...

TSCuFKq.gif We'll make you eat those words!

nLid2tZ.png5JX09Jg.png

Xd5IsmN.png

Edited by Euklyd

[spoiler=MUSIC]

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/6i3p5pbt28ke180/093_Battle!_%5BSaturos%5D.mp3

[spoiler=In which Saturos gets pwned]iq7c2XXG8DWYR.gif

I'm pretty sure this is the right gif with correct turncount, but it may be the older one. They both end the same way, though :):

[spoiler=Saturos Fight (Turncounts)]My notes are kinda ~eh~ for these battles, but I had the foresight to make labeled savestates so I could check back later. These are essentially my notes from last year, raw - I don't have notes for the Killer Ape battle, but I'll be able to reconstruct it from my screenshots (and I have a savestate, if needed).

SETUP:

FUKT: L2

Darps: L13, Defender (Elven Rapier)

Roofa: L13, Wind Seer (Witchs Wand)

CHUMP: L10

format:

<turn>: <Darps>, <roofa> - <notes>

[spoiler=rough plan w/ damage calcs]1: cutting edge, Impact

2: CE, Impact

3: CE, nut

4: CE, plasma

5: CE, venus

6: CE, nut - Roofa downed

7: CE

8: CE - attack normalizes

9: CE - darps downed

≈ 1080

[spoiler=original plan]1: CE, Impact

4: CE, venus

5: CE, nut

7: CE, nut

8: CE, impact

9: CE, plasma - roofa downed

10: CE

= win

[spoiler=Revised Plan]1: CE, Impact

4: CE, venus

5: CE, nut

7: CE, nut

8: CE, impact (this prevents my attack from dropping AT ALL, instead of dropping two stages like it normally would)

9: CE, gust - saturos down

= win

Turncount (Saturos): 9

Turns-to-date: 16 turns

Edited by Euklyd

I was so missing this (good thing Euklyd updated it) also really glad Euk linked it, cause it would take me a while to realize it was up

[spoiler=I found this to be hilarious]

a7Cs741.gif And why did you betray me, Alex? I thought we had something special...

QtYfalG.gif ...

TSCuFKq.gif ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

a7Cs741.gif Not like that, perverts!

[spoiler=true plans twisted up, LMAO]

kcHJFRJ.gif We already told you this were you not listening?

TSCuFKq.gif HAH, nice try! You'll never fool us like that!

kcHJFRJ.gif If we don't light the lighthouses, the entire world will cru-

TSCuFKq.gif suuuure it will. If you're not going to answer seriously, there's no point in talking.

ENJ6r49.gif If I made up nonsense and told that to you, would you be appeased? For example:

ENJ6r49.gif "My true purpose is to absorb the power of alchemy and become a god."

TSCuFKq.gif DID YOU HEAR THAT?

a7Cs741.gif I HEARD IT - BLASPHEMY

a7Cs741.gif That is so like Alex.

ENJ6r49.gif :facepalm:

also, Proto, you should put in some addition to the title (something like "updated/the saga continues" and "Eclipse subs in for Jedi" or add tags)

There's a difference between Jiac and Jedi. ;/

Due to forum modding stuff/RL stuff/etc., have been WAY too busy to start. I might be able to start a bit later this month, but August is going to be super-hectic.

tbh no matter when you started you'd finish before me

also I am on a shit laptop but I saved my progress (screenshots as well!) to a flash drive, so I should be able to get an update up shortly

[spoiler=MUSIC]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIlS8MbHraU

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/acfqo3ibbhw1pjd/087_Tunnel_Ruins.mp3, yet another multi-use track

[spoiler=In which our heroes finally leave that fucking snowtown. And probably kill a family man.]ZmTpkOv.png

QtYfalG.gif "we." That includes two more people than it should.

YmPIlAq.gif Nooooo...the lighthouse' power weakened my own psynergy...

TSCuFKq.gif Hey man, no johns. We won this fair and square.

YmPIlAq.gif If only I had been able to display my true power...this isn't even my final form!

ENJ6r49.gif That's enough for today, Saturos.

Psty9cx.png

en0yBpx.png

YmPIlAq.gif You bastard, I told you to go with the others!

ENJ6r49.gif And aren't you glad I didn't?

LBGXit1.png

ENJ6r49.gif Of course I do. I let you win that fight, for one.

ENJ6r49.gif Or would you rather fight me, now?

a7Cs741.gif Alex! Why did you betray me?! ...by which I mean "us."

SyxWC50.png

ENJ6r49.gif I only wish to share the wonders of alchemy with the world once more.

ENJ6r49.gif And save the world, too. That's a nice bonus.

ENJ6r49.gif ...and you were also kind of boring, to be honest. This is way more interesting - sorry, CHUMP.

ENJ6r49.gif You felt the power of alchemy when fighting Saturos, did you not?

a7Cs741.gif Actually, not really...

QtYfalG.gif Nope.

TSCuFKq.gif Nothing.

ENJ6r49.gif That's too bad; maybe you aren't as strong as I thought.

ENJ6r49.gif That being said, I think I've dumped enough exposition on you for now; that was plenty of stalling.

Hmvgs9Z.png

tSnpjtJ.png

phpVQ1A.png

O6FqLoR.png

ENJ6r49.gif "Fair"? Why would I care about what you consider "fair"? Our goals are far too lofty to bother with such trifles.

ENJ6r49.gif ..."fair" is also boring. Just throwing that out there.

ibgwWIxASGU80R.gif

rPzLujl.png

a7Cs741.gifAgain? I had no idea he could do that!

H1Y0Rjf.png

ibiGQBDugQNgqJ.gif

glasb4z.png

TSCuFKq.gif Shit, you're right! We can't let those two escape!

a7Cs741.gif Quick, everyo-

Zs9vUN0.png

TSCuFKq.gif Goddammit.

YmPIlAq.gif Seriously. How stupid do you think we are?

ENJ6r49.gif Speaking of stupid...

PijZ7Ou.png

TSCuFKq.gif Of course we do!

QtYfalG.gif ...why would you even tell them that.

ENJ6r49.gif Well that's good, at least.

i4ynI72I6UXLt.gif

TSCuFKq.gif wait what

iUC00iFRL2Jfb.gif

QtYfalG.gif welp.

6NXy8L1.png

a7Cs741.gif That was anticlimactic...

MNUyjxT.png

a7Cs741.gif What sort of heroes are you? You guys suck at this!

Hrt1k8m.png

vFbJGQp.giflol no did you see that Alex guy? if we run up against him we're fucked

YUft3Dv.png

QtYfalG.gif All we've gotta do is keep those chumps from lighting the other lighthouses!

QtYfalG.gif ...and by "chumps" I refer to those other people, not you, CHUMP.

TSCuFKq.gif Yeah yeah, but not only did we fail, we let them get away!

a7Cs741.gif YEAH! Darps, why didn't you stop them?!

TSCuFKq.gif wait why are you blaming me for this you did literally nothing

a7Cs741.gif If you're this useless next time, I swear--

ewsk6iR.png

TSCuFKq.gif Lady, when do you think we're going to be meeting up with them next?

TSCuFKq.gif And why do you think you'll be around to see it?

a7Cs741.gif I thought that was obvious; I'm part of the party now! Forever!

t5MbsoU.png

vFbJGQp.gifoh god are we stuck with her as well? being useless is MY gimmick

i14v7i8EGsm5.gif

ipVcJU5EthKSs.gif

iOHekutk731kl.gif

xfVVvVk.png

TSCuFKq.gif Finally, we can leave this god-forsaken wasteland.

QtYfalG.gif ...Aren't we forgetting something?

TSCuFKq.gif OH RIGHT! That water!

3k5y2UV.png

TSCuFKq.gif ...and now all we need is a vessel.

QtYfalG.gif Maybe one of these people will conveniently have one that we can use?

uPmFzxy.png

u1sZbT9.gif I'm going to take some of the water back to my dad in this empty bottle!

u1sZbT9.gif He's very sick, but with this miraculous water, he should--

TSCuFKq.gifYoink!

u1sZbT9.gif Hey!

TSCuFKq.gif Roofa, catch!

DcHzbKs.png

DfARbBE.pngq4zrucT.pngzpFehYa.png

a7Cs741.gif We should take a bottle with us for the road, too!

TSCuFKq.gif Good thinking, CHUMP!

DcHzbKs.png

TSCuFKq.gif And now we can finally leave.

9YZWTi1.png

u1sZbT9.gif HEY! My bottle!

4U4lVdR.png The process of typing this up and formatting and inserting images and shit on an awful temporary computer is almost physically painful - unfortunately, there won't be another update until I get my actual laptop back.

Edited by Euklyd

There's a difference between Jiac and Jedi. ;/

Due to forum modding stuff/RL stuff/etc., have been WAY too busy to start. I might be able to start a bit later this month, but August is going to be super-hectic.

ooops (I am horrible at remembering names)

this entire update was so funny, I think I will have to quote the entire thing, lol

though, bottle passing was awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

hi guess what it's traveling time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKyOV6zrMSw

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/5lw5b4ewlefpwqa/090_The_Angarian_Journey.mp3

am in the process of adding music to past updates as well if anyone cares

e: for the record I got my laptop back

Edited by Euklyd