A journey over half a decade long

Dai

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I kind of wish more games had third-tiers. Naturally, I understand that this might mean that game would need to be longer in order to do so. I also kind of like the idea of playing in both sides, more or less.

Edit: I took my sweet time with this chapter. That, and I was eating. Anyway, I mostly used Soren this time, although it seems as if the flaming boulders were magnetically attracted to him.

Edited by Dai

Decided to actually train up Calill and Marcia in Geoffrey's chapter. Calill also maxed out Fire Magic, and got an A rank in Thunder. I had Danved serve as a shield for Calill, softening up some enemies and making sure she wouldn't be attacked. Granted, she dodged pretty much everything thrown at her anyway. She also pulled off a Gamble and got a successful critical on the first strike. Calill became an Archsage, and Marcia is getting my Master Crown.

Yeah, I know, I'm triple-posting, but I need an answer. As you might have guessed, I do not have the third option when talking to Pelleas. Is there a difference between having Micaiah kill him or having her pass the buck?

Edited by Dai

Yeah, I know, I'm triple-posting, but I need an answer. As you might have guessed, I do not have the third option when talking to Pelleas. Is there a difference between having Micaiah kill him or having her pass the buck?

It makes no difference other then that the dialog in the succeeding scenes is a bit different.

If Skrimir dies in the Endgame of Part III, is he gone for good?

Edit: Nevermind. I just decided to redo the whole chapter anyway. Whoever decided that eighty units had to die in this chapter before you could progress is a moron. The intended tension wore off around forty.

Edited by Dai

Well, I've finally reached part four. I'm at the home stretch! Mist is closing in on being my first 60/20 unit, and Ike, Sothe, and Micaiah are set to promote at 40/20.

All right, so I'm at Endgame. I have a feeling that this is going to be a very long, very exhausting chapter, filled with multiple parts. I have a lot of really good units, and they are all very powerful. (And yes, Easymodo, but I have had some trouble along the way.)

At any point once I enter the tower am I going to be able to re-access the convoy?

Edited by Dai

Yes, in Endgame you only choose up to 17 units: 7 of them are Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Sanaki, Ena, Kurthnaga and a Heron of your choice. The other 10 are up to you. You'll have access to the Convoy eventho, but assign your skills before getting into the tower for 4-E-1 because once you get in 4-E-1 you won't be able to manage skills for that specific chapter. For 4-E-2 and onwards you can assign them normally.

4-E-3, you bless them by the beginning of said chapter. Be sure to equip the best weapon for each unit. Don't bless staves like I did once

Herp. I didn't read that sentence right at all. Wow.

I've pretty much selected what units I'm going to use. Since I've got work for the next while, I'm probably not going to be able to actually beat this until Sunday or the day after. It's funny. This was the hardest and longest time I've had and spent trying to figure out what I was going to do for this end game. In ten years of playing this series, I have never, ever had this difficult a time doing so, especially not on the easiest difficulty setting.

I did it. After all these years, I finally beat Radiant Dawn.

And you know what? It's amazing. It may not be the best written, but I loved most everything about it.

The only thing I didn't like was having to make the counter for the goddeses' awakening rise to eighty. I think it should've been halved. All the tension I felt in that chapter was gone after forty, and it just seemed to drag on forever.

If this game had been better written and the characters fleshed out more maybe it could've sold better. As it stands, I'm glad that my Dad got me my copy.

I intend to start Normal Mode on my clear data. That won't be for a little while, though.