A journey over half a decade long

Dai

Okay, so, for Christmas one year back in '08, I think it was, I got two games: Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I loved Path of Radiance, so naturally, you'd think I'd want to beat Radiant Dawn, ASAP, right? Well, wrong. For some reason, even though I like this game (and trust me, I do), I just have a hard time finishing it, though I have beat Sacred Stones once. In fact, after about six years, I've only gotten as far as part 1, chapter 8. So, I decided to get some motivation for myself and just write a little log about what and how I'm doing. I'll take suggestions, but generally, if I like someone..I'm just gonna stick with them. Just being frank, here.

All right, by chapter eight I've promoted Edward, Nolan, Aran, and Laura. Micaiah is at level 20. Most everyone else is fairly unused. Sothe is seeing some use only because I want him at level 20 before he gets promoted to a Whisper.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have planned which units will you take to the endgame, they're only 10 of the whole cast excluding lords and a couple of important characters.

Give Resolve to Micaiah, she'll need it to have a consistent combat.

I was gonna ask where I could get it, but then I found it on Tauroneo. I kind of wish that Micaiah had more skill points available at present. Managed to get to chapter 10.

I finally beat Part 1. I'm just kind of miffed that Micaiah wasn't promoted sooner.

Micaiah was promoted at level 20, Aran at twenty-one, Nolan at twenty-one, Edward at twenty-one, Laura at twenty-one. Sothe is at level sixteen, and Tormod saw some use, enough to put him at level twenty-seven. Now to drop these guys for Crimea.

Yeah it's kinda sad that miccy doesn't promote sooner, not only to 2nd tier but also to 3rd tier. Though I think there's no problem on it since it is manageable with Resolve. You'd like to remove Mist's Miracle to give it to Micaiah for Part 4 to add some survivability for her.

Sothe is at level 16 after part 1?! How is that happened?

Lots of stealing? I fed him a lot of kills in the last few chapters or so, too. (Not that it did him much good, his stats didn't go up very much.)

Is him getting to level sixteen bad?

Lots of stealing? I fed him a lot of kills in the last few chapters or so, too. (Not that it did him much good, his stats didn't go up very much.)

Not really bad per se, he is forced to endgame. It is just uncommon because most people don't view him as worth the effort. Bravo on getting Laura promoted though. I just can't ever get her enough exp on part 1 to use her effectively.

Nope, it's just example of slow play. Generally he ends up at lv 8 or 10 iirc, (I haven't played since months), but that's LTCing.

Well, Sothe's performance shouldn't change all that much due to the way his caps, bases and growths come together. Like, he has 18 Str with a 60% growth but he already caps it at 22. His Spd growth is unreliable and his HP and Def growths are utter garbage.

Edited by BrightBow

Nope, it is saved for Micaiah's chapters in Part 3, same for CRK's BEXP.

Oh, good. Then I'll have 10,000 or so to spread around.

I have a file with a 39 HP 20 str skl spd 26 Lck 20 Def 15 Res Sothe. It's so awesome ;)

He makes Part 1 HM a joke ;_;

Edited by PKL

Geoffrey's become my first third-tier character. I kind of let him just go ape-shit all over Ludveck's pawns. He's been soloing them for the most part with Kieran and Danved just hanging back and smacking some reinforcements from the mid-western side of the map.

I think so. Yeah, I know, but in all honesty, I just want to say that I've completed this game's story at least once. (Yes. I know it requires at least TWO playthroughs for that to actually happen, but I'm talking about at least beating the final boss once.)