Best unit you have?

Torva

i like Donnel as a father because pegknight access to girls who want it and Aptitude because grinding Donnel is a pain. Sure, the child unit is gonna take a hit in the stats department cuz im not grinding up Donnel, but Aptitude makes it so they catch up real quick. I used to grind him. I dont even care anymore. Hes breeding fodder.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best combat unit: My Avatar. He is a dread fighter who has aquired a special set of skills over the course of the game including Astra, Sol, and aggression and a max stat count of 290. Best unit overall however is Severa. Toss in my Avatar's stats and skills mixed with Cordelia's high stat caps and galeforce and you better be buying when she asks to go shopping.

i like Donnel as a father because pegknight access to girls who want it and Aptitude because grinding Donnel is a pain. Sure, the child unit is gonna take a hit in the stats department cuz im not grinding up Donnel, but Aptitude makes it so they catch up real quick. I used to grind him. I dont even care anymore. Hes breeding fodder.

But he's GOOD breeding fodder lol. Both Noire and Kjelle gain so much from him. Fuck Nah. She doesn't even have Luna at base >_>

But he's GOOD breeding fodder lol.

By what measure? If you're comparing how many viable options he has, Donnel is the best pairing for one unit and a good option for two others (Sully, Tharja/Nowi). That's not even enough to beat Virion, who many consider to be the worst father in the game (for the record, those people are wrong) (Virion works very well on Severa, Brady, Nah and Yarne).

Not saying he's a bad father, just questioning how far above the pack he really is. I, for one, would much rather lose him than the likes of Lon'qu, Henry or Libra.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

By what measure? If you're comparing how many viable options he has, Donnel is the best pairing for one unit and a good option for two others (Sully, Tharja/Nowi). That's not even enough to beat Virion, who many consider to be the worst father in the game (for the record, those people are wrong) (Virion works very well on Severa, Brady, Nah and Yarne).

Not saying he's a bad father, just questioning how far above the pack he really is. I, for one, would much rather lose him than the likes of Lon'qu, Henry or Libra.

For Noire and Kjelle only*

It's not much, but granting galeforce to a girl who doesn't have it is always a good thing.

On my old file, I had a maxed Dread Fighter Navarre via SpotPass. He had all stats maxed and 46 Luck Armsthrift, among other bits of badassery. My current run isn't complete, but my S-ranked Frederick/Nowi combo is pretty great.

Maxed out Olivia is my best unit at the moment.

She pretty much solo the game on Hard. (Lunatic can go fuck itself though)

Olivia as a best unit? That's new. I see her as most-useful, but definetly not the best. I HAVE to give her LB, or she'll be shot down very quickly. LB+S support+Brave Sword=a MUST for her. Then again, that's if she's a dancer, which is her best class.

Olivia as a best unit? That's new. I see her as most-useful, but definetly not the best. I HAVE to give her LB, or she'll be shot down very quickly. LB+S support+Brave Sword=a MUST for her. Then again, that's if she's a dancer, which is her best class.

Dancer isn't her best class, it has weaker stats cap than Assassin. So, galeforce lethality astra assassin's the way to go.

My Lucina is currently starting to beat her though since she's her daughter haha.

Edited by Fateborn

Dancer isn't her best class, it has weaker stats cap than Assassin. So, galeforce lethality astra assassin's the way to go.

My Lucina is currently starting to beat her though since she's her daughter haha.

Yeah, the stats are terrible on the dancer, but its it's ability that makes it the best. Every team should have Olivia on it, especially if you're taking on Apotheosis.

You know what would be even more OP then 3rd gen Morgan? 3rd. Gen. Lucina.

Indeed, too bad you can't have third generation lucina haha.

That's why I married Lucina :o

Also, I don't think you need dancer for Apotheosis, you just need to be smart.

Yeah, the Dancer's not so much about the stats as it is its ability.

Also, I prefer to make Olivia a Pegasus Knight, since the Myrm class tree has next to nothing that'd be useful for her aside from Astra and Swordfaire (and Lethality is a wasted skill slot, to be blunt).

I reclassed her as a Myrmidon since she already had a few weapon levels on the sword, and so I could make her into a swordmaster for astra and swordfaire. Then I changed her into an assasian, for lethality.

I reclassed her as a Myrmidon since she already had a few weapon levels on the sword, and so I could make her into a swordmaster for astra and swordfaire. Then I changed her into an assasian, for lethality.

Well, that's true. But when you're as frail as Olivia, a means of ranged combat wouldn't be a bad thing to have (by which I mean "a means of ranged combat that doesn't work off your weak Mag stat"). . .

As a Dancer, Olivia's Mag growth is surprisingly close to her Str growth. If you Dance your way to Lv.30 and reclass directly to Dark Flier, her Tomes won't be much weaker (they might be even stronger) than her Lances.

Her Str and Mag mods are also the same. As a Dancer, her Str/Mag caps are the same too, so Levin works pretty well on her. I wouldn't say Magical Olivia is bad at all (compared to physical Olivia, at least).

LB/GF/SF/S.Dance/All+2 or Bond as a Dancer is Olivia's best set for Apo, though she also makes a nice Falco for non-Apo postgame.

I think everyone's answer should be Morgan.

>Shadowgift!Sage!Morgan with Aversa's Night with 20 mt and 90 hit and rallying

Literally Game Breaker.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not exactly fond of waiting around for Aversa to join so I can marry her when Shadowgift's honestly rather underwhelming for all that waiting.

Edited by Levant Caprice

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not exactly fond of waiting around for Aversa to join so I can marry her when Shadowgift's honestly rather underwhelming for all that waiting.

Or you can marry Kellam!Nah for tank Manakete!Morgan. I had her solo Apothesis.

You and I may have different definitions of the word "Solo", because last I checked the only character who can do a true solo is Chrom, because he's force deployed. I highly doubt you did a duo with any Morgan as well, because Morgan and Chrom can't support.

I have a limit broken Streetpass avatar who's currently probably my strongest unit (62 strength as warrior, without stat modifiers (All Stats +2, Pairup mods etc.). He was tearing through R&R 3 until Jaffar lethality'd him and his partner.

The first thing I did once I discovered you could pull avatars from other files into the game was create a version of my brother to fight by my side hehe.

I asked him to actually do 90% of the customisation, but I trained the unit up myself since they don't play Fire Emblem, and I chose the skills.

Graham - Twisted Wyvern Lord

A warlord who hails from Crimea and fell through the Outrealm Gate. Slightly delusional and asserts god-like status.

8 mov. naturally.

With boots, it became 10.

With Deliverer, it became 12.

With Pass, they can move anywhere.

Maxed stats.

They also have Ignis, Lethality and Tantivy. But I might swap one for Limit Breaker or Iote's Shield once I get the DLC. They're currently locked in my Avatar Logbook so I'll never lose them and can always bring them into my current game file hehe.

Dancer isn't her best class, it has weaker stats cap than Assassin.

I don't think they're talking about caps but more of her valuable dance, especially with Special Dance. I like to say, "If you have a unit that can be a dancer, but isn't, your using them wrong."

You and I may have different definitions of the word "Solo", because last I checked the only character who can do a true solo is Chrom, because he's force deployed. I highly doubt you did a duo with any Morgan as well, because Morgan and Chrom can't support.

I may had exaggerated on "solo." I had her paired up with Gerome while Chrom was protected with Sorcerer+Nosferatu MU.

I don't think they're talking about caps but more of her valuable dance, especially with Special Dance. I like to say, "If you have a unit that can be a dancer, but isn't, your using them wrong."

Exactly. It's not all about damage. Seems like folks just want to train killers sometimes hehe. I find Pass to be incredibly useful.

Edited by Red Falcon