[FE6: HM] I am gonna regret this.

Vorena

As usual, when I want to do something I have to do it myself. Now, I want to do an FE6 HM draft, but I need a little coaxing into what exactly the ruleset should be. Here is an initial template.

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 5 players.
2. Roy, Marcus, Merlinus, Zealot, Rugter, Lalam/Elphin, and Fa are free for all to use.
3. The game will be played on Hard Mode.
4. Drafting order randomized
5. Draft in 1-2-3-4-5, then 5-4-3-2-1, then 1,2,... etc until everyone gets the same number of units and the left overs are scrapped.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.
3. Use of the Warp staff is banned.
4. NPCs may do as they please without penalty.
5. True ending.

1 Jeff - Lance, Lott, Chad, Astohl, Lilina
2 Vorena - Thany, Treck, Shin, Ellen, Dorothy
3 Riona - Alan, Noah, Klein, Clarine, Echidna, Fir
4 MarMar - Miredy, Percival, Lugh, Cecilia, Ward, Niime
5 jedisupersonic - Dieck, Tate, Sue, Saul, Zeis, Gonzales

lol random.org was down

http://oi57.tinypic.com/jhy78l.jpg

Edited by Vorena

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to make certain other units free (e.g. Rutger) because even FE6 NM drafts are a pain in the ass and if you use the same ruleset for FE6 HM there will be complications.

Or just a lower turn count for completion for a particular individual lol

But, yeah, more suggestions like that would be preferred since I am not certain how far does one go before it becomes too easy. I mean does everyone get Percival next as well, I dunno. At this point, I think I would prefer people to join, then we work out the details lol The framework is laid out.

I doubt anyone is going to do this with me lol

Edited by Eyrah

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say that Rutger, Zealot, and Percival should be free, but Miledy, Echidna, and Percival shouldn't be.

Of course, if you don't like so many freebies, you could just change it to normal mode if you so please.

I'd say that Rutger, Zealot, and Percival should be free, but Miledy, Echidna, and Percival shouldn't be.

Of course, if you don't like so many freebies, you could just change it to normal mode if you so please.

What?

percival doesn't need to be free

he'll have similar or slightly better stats than alan/lance at that point and they'd have done stuff the whole game.

Edited by General Horace

Wouldn't Milady give a super huge advantage to whoever drafter her? I'd say banned or free. Perceval doesnt need to be free due to what Horse said.

I am not as familar wth FE6 as some of the other FE games (ha even that's little still), so I do not understand how much help Miredy will grant you compared to say early Thany, Alan, and Lance? I am sort of against trying to restricting/granting more units despite it being hard mode.

Wouldn't Milady give a super huge advantage to whoever drafter her? I'd say banned or free. Perceval doesnt need to be free due to what Horse said.

Miledy is amazing but I think my experience with playing HM without her showed me that although they can't ORKO or solo large amounts of enemies as easily, Tate and Thany can get any important flier stuff done on most maps assuming they're being trained. If you draft MIledy you're going to miss some other awesome earlygame pick since she only shows up halfway through the game, it's fair.

Rutger free is neccessary though, he is not really comparably replacable in earlygame at all.

Edited by Irysa

Miledy may be amazing but she isn't THAT supremely amazing in hard mode, even she goes down in the mode if put under too much stress

With that we move onward Thany! I'll probably regret not getting Alan at some point in future lol Mar

Edited by Vorena

Also btw, you should probably just unban all the gaidens. You'd have to kill off Lilina, Sophia, Dayan and Yuuno (aka banned), and take over 20 turns on chapter 12. Oh and one of Miledy or Zeiss would have to die, so if someone drafts both they wouldn't be able to avoid 21x without taking over 30 turns lol.

Edited by Irysa

You could make them free alternatively, but the Gaiden requirements are really slack, and Zealot is free (I'm pretty sure he's required for an ilia Gaiden) so that shouldn't be an issue because ive totally forgot to recruit him once I'm a draft and it fucked me over :(

Edited by General Horace

Alan please.

Also, is it okay if I play on Gringe's patch? I don't have any gameplay patches, so it's the same game besides the words.

if not, I have the old patch too on my older ROM.

EDIT: Mar Mar PMed me.

When you pick, give me Milady/Alan, whichever one you don't pick.

So I'm guess Milady is next for them.

Edited by Rinoa Heartilly