Nintendo sponsoring Evo

Jedi

Funny after Nintendo tried to shut down the Melee stream/tournament last year.

Well hey everyone makes mistakes, Nintendo learned from it at least eh?

Well hey everyone makes mistakes, Nintendo learned from it at least eh?

Of course. They went back on their decision then, causing some people to say it was a publicity stunt. It's just funny that they are now sponsoring EVO, now.

Huh, makes me wonder exactly what you have to do to get listed there. Don't suppose anybody seen any articles on that?

Of course. They went back on their decision then, causing some people to say it was a publicity stunt. It's just funny that they are now sponsoring EVO, now.

Yeah I had to do a double take when I saw this on Smashboards haha

Huh, makes me wonder exactly what you have to do to get listed there. Don't suppose anybody seen any articles on that?

Usually becoming a sponsor means they are contributing some sort of prize or are paying out some cost of the venue/organizing in exchange for being able to have their brand officially presented on the floor. More than likely, Nintendo probably has put in prize pool money for the Smash event to foster goodwill in the run-up to Smash4, and to also cancel out the bad press from last year when Melee was nearly pulled off from the list of games that were going to be streamed.

I think that seeing the huge interest in competitive Smash Bros. after E3 Nintendo became aware of how much people like competitive Smash Bros.

Maybe we'll finally get the return of Melee-ish physics in Smash 6.

That would suck, I really don't want Melee's rough, unrefined, and broken gameplay *shot by Melee lovers*

Jokes aside this is indeed nice, any bit of good press is better than the usual crap Nintendo gets for every move they make >_>;

That would suck, I really don't want Melee's rough, unrefined, and broken gameplay *shot by Melee lovers*

that's what i thought when i went back to it after brawl

Although I do miss the feeling of impact from it. Like getting punched in the face by Ganondorf actually felt like it would hurt.

I can agree

and Melee is better from a competitive standpoint but in that regard it's totally unfriendly to casuals

which is why I think Smash just needs a "Melee Mode" that caters to the needs of the Melee-lovers/more hardcore Smash fans with tougher, more punishing gameplay (you can't grab ledges if you're not facing the right way... the fact that that's still a thing in Project M feels like a step backwards)

this is totally off-topic though

so to get on topic, is there anything Smash related going on at EVO for Nintendo to be sponsoring it? EDIT: note that I don't really know about these things so ehh

Edited by Trails in the Blaze

I can agreeand Melee is better from a competitive standpoint but in that regard it's totally unfriendly to casualswhich is why I think Smash just needs a "Melee Mode" that caters to the needs of the Melee-lovers/more hardcore Smash fans with tougher, more punishing gameplay (you can't grab ledges if you're not facing the right way... the fact that that's still a thing in Project M feels like a step backwards)...this is totally off-topic thoughso to get on topic, is there anything Smash related going on at EVO for Nintendo to be sponsoring it? EDIT: note that I don't really know about these things so ehh

Yes Smash Brothers Melee. That's it

If you want all the games you'll tune in to Apex. Where I'll be headed in January