Completed FE4 1st gen. Some thoughts and questions

Quirino

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good idea. If you put him to sleep, you could give nanna + delmud hero swords instead of the sword twins, and with a dance on all four hero weapon users as well as three ranged attackers from the sides of the castle you could deal 38 damage a turn, with, which regen, is reduced to 28. So you could probably kill him in a shorter time frame too.

It's not possible to put him to sleep since the user's magic has to be higher than the enemy's resistance. Julius' resistance is capped, so that will not work (or will bonuses gained from holy weapons/magic rings overcome the cap? I never tested this. Even then: Julius also gets +5 resistance from Loputousu)

There are only two hero swords

Holsety arthur is better than sety because it trvializes earlygame and lategame you have tryfing and mystletainn and balmunk to wreck shit (and holsety never really falls off)

Sure sety is strictly *better* but it's overkill in most cases. The guy has 52 attack hitting res plus 47 AS plus 47% continue at *base level*. Is it dead yet?

It's not possible to put him to sleep since the user's magic has to be higher than the enemy's resistance. Julius' resistance is capped, so that will not work (or will bonuses gained from holy weapons/magic rings overcome the cap? I never tested this. Even then: Julius also gets +5 resistance from Loputousu)

That's why it has to be the Sleep Sword and not the Sleep Staff. Thanks to a little bug, having more then 30 Res doesn't actually make you immune to Status Swords. Instead it will always work.

Btw, you can see Julius berserked that way on the video I linked on the previous page at 2:45.

Edited by BrightBow

You can get awareness on 4 hero weapon users, (sword twins, lester, celice with hero lance) and have Lana and Julia to both chip as well. That's 24 damage a turn including the counterattack on enemy phase, which could probably go up with some complicated rescuing/dancing tricks, which is enough to overcome Julius' regeneration.

Celice does way more damage with Tyrfing and a Power Ring...

There are only two hero swords

Holsety arthur is better than sety because it trvializes earlygame and lategame you have tryfing and mystletainn and balmunk to wreck shit (and holsety never really falls off)

Sure sety is strictly *better* but it's overkill in most cases. The guy has 52 attack hitting res plus 47 AS plus 47% continue at *base level*. Is it dead yet?

Alright. Then what about Tinny? If Tiltyu is paired with Levin, will that be any good for Tinny? Arthur and Tinny both will not have pursuit this way and there is only one ring.

And will Sety still be a good unit despite the joining time and being footlocked if he doesn't have holsety?

Sety is still good. His base stats are good enough to be a solid combat unit pretty much no matter the parent and sage gives him b rank staves, so he's always at least useful as a healer. If you pair Claude with Fury, which is probably her second best pairing, Sety is essentially a high priest with better move and actually decent combat. Neither Tinny nor Arthur strictly need the pursuit ring, and they'll both be fine no matter which you choose.Tinny does fine with levin as a father, since she has staff access and high enough stats to proc continue and critical a lot, as well as A level wind magic. As for Arthur, like Levin in the first generation, with Holsety's crazy stat boosts he'll get enough criticals / continues (if you wanted to you could probably even have him run around at 1 health to abuse wrath, his evade with holsety is so high that's safe in most parts of the game.) Paring Levin with Tilityu doesn't really make any character useless.

We are specifically talking about getting through the game without using Holy Weapons. So no Tyrfing.

Aha, I missed that. The simplest method is to just Berserk the Heil guy (kill everyone else around him off) and have him hit Julius.

Alright. Then what about Tinny? If Tiltyu is paired with Levin, will that be any good for Tinny? Arthur and Tinny both will not have pursuit this way and there is only one ring.

arthur does not need the pursuit ring thanks to the raw power of holsety (if it doesn't OHKO already he'll have like a 30+% continue that grows super fast due to holsety blood); it helps, but it's not necessary (especially if you have an army backing him up)

And will Sety still be a good unit despite the joining time and being footlocked if he doesn't have holsety?

no father will make sety *bad* (i have tried, ardan is the only thing that came close and that came with an invincible phee)

Sety will always have B staves and A tomes (including the ever-amazing lightning), so he'll always be relevant. If you're clever with warp/rescue, you can have him keep up with your army pretty well too

Nevermind that his avoid goes so high that enemies don't even bother to attack him and block his way. Arthur does have a lower Speed cap to prevent that.

Sety will always have B staves and A tomes (including the ever-amazing lightning), so he'll always be relevant. If you're clever with warp/rescue, you can have him keep up with your army pretty well too

Furthermore, he has innate Continue from his class and innate Pursuit from his mother. Enemy resistance is also overall low.

Claude!sety is no slouch either. (and claude is probably better for fee than levin is.) i belive that his average level 30 magic is 29 or something . In my last run, i put him on a castle in chapter 9, and an entire wing the the three headed dragon suicided on him in something like two turn without damaging him. Then i realized that i had rorgot to deequip his fire tome from the arena. Also, you can do whatever you want with silvia without waisting the valkerie staff (assuming you care about that.)

Claude vs Levin as a father for Fee mainly depends on what role you want Fee to fill- flying healer vs combat unit. Claude gives her B staves, which means you get mounted Physic, and a bunch extra LUK and RES. Levin gives her a bunch extra SPD/SKL, a +5 STR event, and Continue + Critical on top of that. Personally I prefer the combat to the mounted Physic.

Noish is also a good pairing for Fury. He's Fee's best combat dad; giving her Charge + Critical and an actual STR growth. Noish!Sety will probably proc MAG like twice if you're lucky, but gets da skillz he misses out on with Claude, which combined with Lightning are still more than enough to make him a good combat unit.

And yeah, Claude!Sety has * Staves and can therefore use Valkyrie.

Claude vs Levin as a father for Fee mainly depends on what role you want Fee to fill- flying healer vs combat unit. Claude gives her B staves, which means you get mounted Physic, and a bunch extra LUK and RES. Levin gives her a bunch extra SPD/SKL, a +5 STR event, and Continue + Critical on top of that. Personally I prefer the combat to the mounted Physic.

Noish is also a good pairing for Fury. He's Fee's best combat dad; giving her Charge + Critical and an actual STR growth. Noish!Sety will probably proc MAG like twice if you're lucky, but gets da skillz he misses out on with Claude, which combined with Lightning are still more than enough to make him a good combat unit.

And yeah, Claude!Sety has * Staves and can therefore use Valkyrie.

I find that fee is decent at combat either way with the crit hero lance. This run, i managed to get fury to take out everyone in reptor's army exept him, so that i had around 75 kills on it going into gen 2..

Johan is also pretty good with a crit Hero Axe, but generally both that and crit Hero Lance just don't tend to happen unless you purposely go for it. And if you're doing that, getting crit on the Hero Sword is way better because a) it's a better weapon and b) the only person who can use the former and not the latter is Fin (or Johan/Johalva wrt the axe).

granted, but i usualy give the sword to the sword twins, who need crit a lot less than fee does. (granted, in my current run, the hero sword went to azel!delmud, who honestly could have used crit, so not giving crit to it was a mistake.)

Oh, there's one more thing I wondered about this game. This one is more plot related. I paired Lachesis and Beowulf in the first generation, and in the desert they had a conversation where Beowulf said "I've known your true feelings all along". Is this related to Eltshan or did I miss something?

Oh, there's one more thing I wondered about this game. This one is more plot related. I paired Lachesis and Beowulf in the first generation, and in the desert they had a conversation where Beowulf said "I've known your true feelings all along". Is this related to Eltshan or did I miss something?

Well, you can interpret it the way you want. Imo it makes way more sense if he's talking about Eltshan in this scene thanks to the part I bolded (I mean it's not like the game doesn't make sure that you know about Lachesis' incest issue, even Nanna outright confirm it). Finn would be an alternative with FE5 and all but... well Nanna acknowledge Fin as her father because he raised her, no blood relation intended.

Edited by Sartek