Toa's Sprites

Toa

I think going for a lower color count is working against you in this instance, since he has more colors going for him than FE mugs usually do, and keeping each component with independent colors would help with palette adjusting.

The chest area in particular comes out pretty flat in the low CC. For the 5th skintone, the trim could probably benefit from getting that incorporated in (at least to divide the sections).

I like, though. ^^;

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't try for low colors, it just sort of happens >.< He doesn't really have more colors then a GBA set can hold, what other colors would I be adding?

RAZjpEv.png

Added some more trim to his shoulders and put added some shading here and there.

• 2 weeks later...

Call me a tree because I'm branching out!

sc9SDJ5.png

More progress on Lyndis

jmu4Hx7.png

Hanbei in some new style. These big sprites are getting to me though, so much shading T.T

Edited by Toa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think its very cool that you're branching out! You've got a lot of potential to do well here. Good luck, i think that lyn is dam finee

8/8 would smash in her hut m8 xD

Aside from that, nice gallery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

xyEmaWJ.png

King of heroes!

pp7nK7V.png

I feel like the more I look at this mug the worse it gets T.T It has a video but I've made so many changes after recording I'm not sure its worth posting...

XYliXjJ.png

Ayato from tokyo ghoul. This was originally a disgusting mess I made on an international flight while in the middle of "WTF time is it really", but the end result is satisfactory. I wanted to do a masked version too, but not right now.

@TG is p great

@Solum: Mongrels, amirite?

Fullerbody version of one of the open-source mugs, it has some good accessories so here's the full version if someone wants to use them.

sXEbdDr.png

A mug that I meant to finish for the gallery, but didn't, whoops. His hair and face are done at least. Will probably never be finished.

TNKicKF.png

Rabou from Noragami. Originally meant for the gallery, but I'll probably finish it anyways.

q7ak1pY.png

I like the original outfit more, but mostly because it has more color differences XD. Of the two new ones I think the one on the left is cooler.

Edited by Matt Snow

• 3 weeks later...

I love it too! Messy hair makes portraits closer to reality. Simply because hair have its own way to move.

There's few parts where you put like... 3 or 4 pixel of the 2nd hair shade, that are just here seperated from the rest. and it doesn't make it look good.