The Awakening Assist Trophy (ies)

Anacybele

Awakening Assist Trophy(ies)?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which character do you want to be an assist trophy?

2. 2. Which of these characters do you actually THINK will be an assist trophy?

With Awakening getting a shocking TWO reps in Smash Wii U/3DS, raising the FE rep count to a whopping FOUR, I've no doubt Sakurai's going to add an assist trophy or two for the game as well.

And I feel there are multiple plausible candidates for who it's gonna be too. I've put them in a polls. Vote for the ones you want and vote for the ones you actually think will be the winners. :)

This might have a bit of bias involved, but my money is on either Frederick, one of Tharja and Lissa, or both. Frederick because with Chrom and Robin appearing in the game in some form (Robin as playable, Chrom as part of the Final Smash) and Frederick being all "I go where my lord goes to protect him and serve him" it's hard not to see him being the assist lol. And who wouldn't want to see him pop up and go "Pick a god and pray!"? :D

Tharja because popularity...in any part of the world, it seems.

Lissa because Chrom's little sis and some story importance.

But I want Freddy! Sakurai, make it happen. :D I would also want Cordelia, since she's my favorite gal in the game!

Most of the characters I put in the poll are there mainly because they're popular though.

I would also say Tiki is possible since she appears in multiple games, but with a regular trophy of her already shown, I doubt it. I think if Sakurai was making her an assist, he would've revealed that with her trophy.

Edited by Anacybele

As I said, I only put characters that I think have any chance of being an assist. Anna has appeared in multiple games, but she has like no real role in any of them except in Awakening. And even then, she's a totally optional character. And I don't think she's that popular. Sumia... If Caeda didn't even get so much as a regular trophy in Brawl, I don't see Sumia being an assist.

Edited by Anacybele

Still loving how you only listed certain characters just for a chance to be hopeful for your virtual hubby.

...That makes no sense. Why I would I list Tharja and Owain, characters I don't really care for yet are more popular, just to vote for Frederick? In fact, I think Tharja might have a slightly better chance than him due to her popularity.

Or the none option. I actually don't expect FE to get an extra Assist Trophy, Lyn's there and I don't expect that much. If anything I'd say Tharja, what will Lissa do as AT? Heal? Frederick? Probably tank or Dual Guard? But I think it is enough for FE, though.

Or Elincia with an army of CRKs lol

Anna won't be an AT. Because she'll be a costume for Robin :)

Anyway, Owain and Gaius would be great. Tharja would just be awkward. Well maybe not, she'll just latch on to the closest player, like a Metroid :D

I don't see Tiki here. Why is there no Tiki

She may not be terribly likely, but she feels far more likely than anyone else listed here TBH. I think Phosphora's appearance in-game with Palutena shows that the trophies we've seen so far can certainly be assist trophies as well.

I would also say Tiki is possible since she appears in multiple games, but with a regular trophy of her already shown, I doubt it. I think if Sakurai was making her an assist, he would've revealed that with her trophy.

Okay fair enough. .3. Sorry I overreacted, that was out of line on my part.

But yes, she does seem the most likely to me on virtue of her appearance in all the other FE games that she was in as well. That, and her method of combat makes her perfect for the role IMO.

Edited by BANRYU

Honestly, unless it's Tiki or Anna, I think if we're to get another FE assist trophy, it will be someone not from Awakening. Awakening already has two playable characters and a stage, with Chrom appearing in a final smash. That's enough.

If Awakening gets ANY Assist Trophies, I'd expect either Tharja or Cordelia, or both. Mostly due to popularity and also due to the swimsuit thing. Plus this whole "female" kick that seems to be taking place in this Smash...makes sense to me. I also think Tiki and/or Anna are likely, just because they've been in more games, and Tiki seems to be popular enough. Just to clarify, I do not think all four of them will be AT's, only one or two at most, if even that.

I could see Anna being sort of like a party ball and tossing a bunch of items onto the stage. She has appeared as a shopkeeper on several occasions.

What about a peg knight trio that does a triangle attack or something?

90% of chance of not happening, but I would love to see Cynthia as an Assist Trophy because she's the type of character who would hide in Lucina's suitcase to sneak herself into the world of Smash Bros.