How far out of your way do you go to see special conversations in FE?

IceBrand

I did a lot of preparing to see the conversation between Soren and Pelleas on 3-F in Radiant Dawn. I had to give Heather several level ups plus an energy drop just to steal a bolting for Soren to use so that he could reach Pelleas.

Edited by Ace Gamer

I am a content smurf

If it exists and I know about it, my perspective tends to be "I paid for this shit, you better believe I'm squeezing everything out of this game I can get"

I have not got that Soren conversation, but I have got all that extra stuff in FE7 like chapter 19xx (or was it 18? I forget), also I got Sephiran in 10.

i spent four hours figuring out how to get the micaiah-soren conversation in 3-13

only then was i convinced that it was impossible

Doesn't Soren move near the end of 3-13? If so, you could probably have Micaiah attack him with Purge.

I heard about the Soren conversations in Radiant Dawn, but I never read or got to them, mainly because I didn't care.

On the other hand, I sniffed out almost every possible conversation/event in fe7, which was packed to the brim with 'em. (I've played that game a million times, and I've discovered something new each time)

Only get the Soren-conversation, if I play this chapter on easy mode. On normal/hard is pretty tough to reach the Pelleas in time.

I never have beaten BK in 3-7 yet.

I did a lot of preparing to see the conversation between Soren and Pelleas on 3-F in Radiant Dawn. I had to give Heather several level ups plus an energy drop just to steal a bolting for Soren to use so that he could reach Pelleas.

You don't need to steal the bolting tome. You could use Calill's meteor to attack Pelleas.

The same way, if you want to get the conversation between Soren and Micaiah in 3-6. In 2-E give the meteor tome to an unit, who joins Ike's party in 3-2.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

Trying to arrange situations which could result in boss conversations always factors into how I approach a chapter.

Doesn't Soren move near the end of 3-13? If so, you could probably have Micaiah attack him with Purge.

Well, Ike definitely does. I don't remember about Soren but I don't see why he would be the only merc who won't move. If nothing stands in their way, they should make it just into Purge range. But maybe the two of them don't move on Normal. I never played that mode this far.

I heard about the Soren conversations in Radiant Dawn, but I never read or got to them, mainly because I didn't care.

On the other hand, I sniffed out almost every possible conversation/event in fe7, which was packed to the brim with 'em. (I've played that game a million times, and I've discovered something new each time)

If the amount of FE7's boss conversations impress you this much then maybe you should over think caring about the FE10 ones. Serenes Forest lists them on 3 separate pages. Two Pages of them make FE7's entire list look extremely tiny by comparison. If I count them one by one, I won't get to do anything else today but for an vague comparison I just copied the lists into Word. FE7 fills eleven pages with text. FE10 reaches 75 pages, though just barely.

Edited by BrightBow

Well, Ike definitely does. I don't remember about Soren but I don't see why he would be the only merc who won't move. If nothing stands in their way, they should make it just into Purge range. But maybe the two of them don't move on Normal. I never played that mode this far.

Ike moves on all modes. Soren does not, ever.

Getting an A rank between Hector and Lyn shortly before getting into Nabata isn't actually too hard for me to achieve, it's not too much trouble for me to see the Battle Preparations and Hector's Story Endgame conversations. And I tend to go for Ch. 19x2H only when I'm NOT ranking, so...

most of them? sure! fe4's more obscure and ridiculous ones? yeah i'm not convinced killing sandima before getting deirdre is even possible

...what? There is a conversation for this?

...neat. Dierdre even straight up tells Sigurd about her Lopt blood in it. huh

Edited by L95

Ike moves on all modes. Soren does not, ever.

While I can't confirm this right this second, I do remember seeing his AI bytes on the WiiRD memory viewer.

Ike's changes. Soren's does not.

It depends. In general, I'm not opposed to doing so, unless it's something ludicrous like Ashnard's convo with Reyson or the Soren/Pelleas convo.

If the amount of FE7's boss conversations impress you this much then maybe you should over think caring about the FE10 ones. Serenes Forest lists them on 3 separate pages. Two Pages of them make FE7's entire list look extremely tiny by comparison. If I count them one by one, I won't get to do anything else today but for an vague comparison I just copied the lists into Word. FE7 fills eleven pages with text. FE10 reaches 75 pages, though just barely.

I was referring to all the different conversations between characters and stuff, not just boss conversations. I know FE10 has a lot (I've read most of them), but I think FE7 has a lot more conditional stuff. Like support influenced conversations and side quest stuff. It took me forever to get to the last Kishuna level, but I finally found out what it was all about.

I just personally think that FE7 has some of the best replay value of any fe game.

Don't care for support conversations since those require multiple playthroughs but definitely the little things like special boss conversations.

This. I don't mind going out of my way to make a character fight a boss if I think there will be a special conversation.

This. I don't mind going out of my way to make a character fight a boss if I think there will be a special conversation.

While I didn't mention it, my past post was in regard to boss convos specifically. Of course, I gotta draw the line somewhere... (AKA, if it requires busting my ass to get, like Soren/Micaiah or Soren/Pelleas, no dice. If it's a case where the ally unit who the conversation is with is very likely to get killed doing so, like Ashnard/Reyson, I say NO to that as well)