Are 4 Fire Emblem characters in SSB4 too much?

Are too many FE characters in SSB4 already?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are too many FE characters in SSB4 already?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends, how many characters the other franchises will represent.

Meh,I'm still annoyed since I kind of despise awakening ,and that we got 4 sword users;we couldn't go for hector or something?

robin counts as a magic user, no?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh,I'm still annoyed since I kind of despise awakening ,and that we got 4 sword users;we couldn't go for hector or something?

That's a bit of a misnomer since Robin is clearly more than a sword user. In all honestly, an axe user probably wouldn't play much different from a sword user (particularly Ike) in Smash Bros, anyway. A lance user would probably have unique potential, though.

I agree. I'm personally tired of getting involved in so much bickering, regardless of where in the forum it takes place. I never mean to, but it happens anyway and I just want it to stop...

I was always neutral on Marth, totally in love with Ike, Robin was my most wanted FE newcomer after Ephraim, and I would've rather had Chrom over Lucina. But I'm happy as hell that FE got FOUR reps. I love FE to death and I didn't expect that. But I'm happy it got the recognition it deserved at last.

I'm wondering though, now that you mentioned it - what does this mean for the Mother series?

That's another VERY niche series and we haven't seen a single rep for it.

Why don't we celebrate what we have instead of insulting people other people wanted, or insulting those we got?

[1:41:44 AM] Refan³: TOADETTE WOULD ADD SO MUCH MORE TO SMASH THAN TOADSWORTH

I'm wondering though, now that you mentioned it - what does this mean for the Mother series?

That's another VERY niche series and we haven't seen a single rep for it.

I do find it odd that neither Ness or Lucas have shown up at this point. And Mother just had its 25th anniversary, if I recall.

I do find it odd that neither Ness or Lucas have shown up at this point. And Mother just had its 25th anniversary, if I recall.

SERIOUSLY. I was expecting something for the day but we didn't even get...

Hang on. Have we seen any Mother-related content? At all? I don't even recall a trophy or an assist or anything.

Mr. Saturn appeared somewhere, but that's it.

O_O;;

I'm pretty sure they're not going to cut the entire game out but that's just extremely weird how that's the ONLY thing we've seen.

O_O;;

I'm pretty sure they're not going to cut the entire game out but that's just extremely weird how that's the ONLY thing we've seen.

Yeah, but I would hope that Sakurai has a good reason. For the sake of all the Mother fans, of course.

Partially,but an actual sage would have been waaaaay cooler

You're just nitpicking at this point.

O_O;;

I could have swore I saw the Franklin Badge but I could be mistaken.

Yeah, but I would hope that Sakurai has a good reason. For the sake of all the Mother fans, of course.

I would so hope he doesn't have a reason to cut the Mother series, especially since Ness is a veteran from the 64 game.

... We haven't seen Jigglypuff either, have we? Or Falco.

Oh, I might have been mistaken too then. I don't know much about Mother, so there's very little I actually recognize from it.

Trust me, I've been scanning forever I haven't seen a thing.

Oh, I might have been mistaken too then. I don't know much about Mother, so there's very little I actually recognize from it.

Its the little badge that reflects projectiles. For further reference if you happened to forget.

I would so hope he doesn't have a reason to cut the Mother series, especially since Ness is a veteran from the 64 game.

... We haven't seen Jigglypuff either, have we? Or Falco.

Yeah, I can't imagine that Sakurai would cut any 64 or Melee veterans that were in Brawl at this point.

Its the little badge that reflects projectiles. For further reference if you happened to forget.

Oh, that thing.

If FE is going to cause this many arguments, Sakurai should just say screw it and give FE 17 reps.

That said, I can completely see why people used to suspect Ike might go in favor of Chrom.

And I HIGHLY doubt Ness and Jigglypuff are going anywhere. Lucas might go, but I'd rather he stay.

Mainly because Mother characters tend to be my favorites to play as.

Frankly I don't think so. Fire Emblem is slowly becoming a AAA gaming series that everyone knew it would become, and I believe Ike, Lucina, Marth,Robin, and Ike rightfully deserve their spots based on their games and their value. Otherwise they could make DLC and make a FE character bonus pack or something.

Frankly I don't think so. Fire Emblem is slowly becoming a AAA gaming series that everyone knew it would become, and I believe Ike, Lucina, Marth,Robin, and Ike rightfully deserve their spots based on their games and their value. Otherwise they could make DLC and make a FE character bonus pack or something.

Ike is so good he deserves two spots!

Ike is so good he deserves two spots!

Yes considering almost every attack he has is smash attack and he has two incarnations. It could make sense. Or at least a separate FE 9 skin. Edited by Lord Ike Waluigi

The thing is that Smash Bros is highly influential, especially for smaller franchises like Fire Emblem, so Sakurai should take a little more responsibility. Sakurai's choices regarding Fire Emblem reps have already lead to or at least influenced:

- Fire Emblem being released in the West at all, and everything that resulted from that

- FE6 being the best-selling GBA FE in Japan (due to Roy)

- Ike being as popular as he is, and pretty much being the secondary mascot of the entire series (Marth being the primary)

why can't anybody realize that anna is the true mascot for fire emblem can you name anybody else who has appeared in every FE game except for gaiden

I just hope that she is like tiki who appears as a trophy