Are 4 Fire Emblem characters in SSB4 too much?

Are too many FE characters in SSB4 already?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are too many FE characters in SSB4 already?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends, how many characters the other franchises will represent.

Oh god if FE becomes mainstream based in awakening ill vomit

In this post: "wah i didn't like awakening so it sux. if it becomes not hipster to then that's terrible. how dare the game that saved the series be the basis or favorite of many old and new players aliek."

I mean, you sound like you're upset that FE will be popular, but if it's because of Awakening, then that's terrible, which makes zero sense.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh,I'm still annoyed since I kind of despise awakening ,and that we got 4 sword users;we couldn't go for hector or something?

sadly awesome as hector was I have a feeling that Sakurai wanted to go for recent characters and does anybody find it funny that awakening was praised on release but now all we do is sit down on microsoft word and type up lists of why it sucks is flawed

Yeah, that's partly why I wanted Ephraim. I love him and he has a lance instead of a sword. Not to mention green hair (to me anyway) instead of blue. lol

its more of a teal color... just saying

In this post: "wah i didn't like awakening so it sux. if it becomes not hipster to then that's terrible. how dare the game that saved the series be the basis or favorite of many old and new players aliek."

I mean, you sound like you're upset that FE will be popular, but if it's because of Awakening, then that's terrible, which makes zero sense.

That's not what he's saying at all. Or at least I hope.

I find it hard to explain, but I really do agree with him. It's not that I don't want Fire Emblem to a mainstream Nintendo series, it's just that I like having Fire Emblem a "secret". It doesn't have as many fans as say, Mario or Zelda, and I like that.

It's like knowing a band or singer WAY before he/she becomes internationally popular / well known. When he / she was small-time then, you could feel like part of a special club. But having the entire world know about it wouldn't make you feel so special anymore. I like to describe it as the "I WAS HERE FIRST" sort-of situation.

that's literally called being a hipster. there's no way to mince words about it. you did a great job of explaining it, it's a common sentiment among fans of [niche], and it's sort of pathetic.

EDIT: i used to/still do love a game called MYTH and its sequel MYTH 2. they are spectacular games, pretty niche. they were made by a little company called bungie, who are now massively successful due to a little game called halo. i'm very happy that bungie is a AAA name now, even though i was in on their early (not earliest, never did marathon) days.

Edited by Integrity

People need to remember that if FE had not reached Mainstream (or close to Mainstream) Status with Awakening, it would have probably been the last game in the series.

i'm fine with FE being more mainstream, but the only thing i wish is that people played more than awakening and maybe the japanese games

The biggest problem is accessibility if they want to play it authentically. The games have skyrocketed in price so much it's detrimenting them from trying other games in the series. While some people will tell them to emulate it, psychologically some people can't stand playing on the PC or any form of emulator and the Dolphin isn't perfect either. Some people would much prefer playing on the actual console itself. I personally can't stand playing games on emulators anymore and every FE game I've played on an emulator, I stopped while on the actual hardware itself I actually did finish every single one of them.

Edited by kingddd

i'm fine with FE being more mainstream, but the only thing i wish is that people played more than awakening and maybe the japanese games

^This.

A lot of people get into the series but don't take time to backtrack and become familiar with it all.

I started with FE10, but I since bought 7 and 9 and got 8 via the ambassador program, and have played some of the Japan only games. I feel more people should be willing to do that, because you can't choose favorites until you've played at least all the localized ones... you never know, you might like an older FE more, that's what happened to me, after all.