Music

what music do you want in smash 4? to keep posts limited, top 1-5 tunes. what would you drop?

1. stalwarts unite; i think this will more than likely be included. it's too...amazing to not be in.

2. either vs. gary or vs. lance champion music; preferably vs. lance. i think they really dropped the ball in brawl with pokemon music

3. kingdom of bern; would be cool. might be too slow

others are just ones i'd like to keep.

drop preparing to advance ffs

Edited by Phoenix Wright

I would love "You have power... Like mine" from Awakening. I know there's an incredibly small chance for it to be added, but it. Is my favourite song from awakening, and I adore it so much.

1. Lightning Battle from Kid Icarus Uprising

2. Endless Possibilities from Sonic Unleashed

3. For the Commanders from Fe6 (never happening but eh)

4. Flashmans Theme from Megaman 2

5. Conquest ~Ablaze~

Edited by JediSwordSaint

1. stalwarts unite; i think this will more than likely be included. it's too...amazing to not be in.

This is my most wanted song from RD too! My other FE favorites are already in Brawl, so they NEED to come back. Especially Eternal Bond/Ike's Theme since Ike himself is still around. :P

i never really cared for what songs they throw into the smash games because even back in ssb64 they never disappointed. but if i wanted to actually pick, i would say any mega man song that isn't from fricken mega man 2 like jesus capcom there is more than one classic mega man game!!

I would love "You have power... Like mine" from Awakening. I know there's an incredibly small chance for it to be added, but it. Is my favourite song from awakening, and I adore it so much.

You mean Legend of the Divine Dragon? Which has been in multitudes of games prior to Awakening?

3 or so variations in Mystery of the Emblem

1 as a hidden song in FE7 where it was unlockable by the Mario Kart Double Dash bonus disc

1 in Shadow Dragon where it became Tiki's theme "The Little Divine Dragon"

3 or so new variations in New Mystery of the Emblem along with the new one from Shadow Dragon AND part of it as part of "Holy War".

It's a long prevailing song in the series to say the least.

i never really cared for what songs they throw into the smash games because even back in ssb64 they never disappointed. but if i wanted to actually pick, i would say any mega man song that isn't from fricken mega man 2 like jesus capcom there is more than one classic mega man game!!

Let's get some Turboman running then. I love 7 and 8's osts most out of classic megaman

Donkey Kong

- Slammin' Steel (DKCR)

- Rocketbarrel (DKCR)

- Jungle Jitter (DKC3)

- Irate Eight (DKC: TF)

Mega Man

- Dr Wily's Castle 1 and 2 (MM2)

- Shade Man's stage (MM7)

Edited by NinjaMonkey

You mean Legend of the Divine Dragon? Which has been in multitudes of games prior to Awakening?

3 or so variations in Mystery of the Emblem

1 as a hidden song in FE7 where it was unlockable by the Mario Kart Double Dash bonus disc

1 in Shadow Dragon where it became Tiki's theme "The Little Divine Dragon"

3 or so new variations in New Mystery of the Emblem along with the new one from Shadow Dragon AND part of it as part of "Holy War".

It's a long prevailing song in the series to say the least.

Oh, I didn't know that it was that wide-spread, my mistake :/

All I know was that it was Tiki's theme in FE11, where it was a bit to slow for my taste. I prefer the FE13 version! :3

Id Purpose and Ballad of the Goddess are already in, so...

Divine Decree - Ablaze (Awakening) - Original
Satorl the Shimmering Marsh, Night (Xenoblade)

Champion Diantha Battle (Pokemon X/Y)

Skyloft Theme (Skyward Sword)
What I'm Made Of (Sonic Heroes) - Original

Reach For The Stars (Sonic Colors) - Original

Song of Healing - Piano (Majora's Mask)

Unfinished Battle (Xenoblade) - Original
Dark Samus Battle (Metroid Prime 3) - Original

Champion Blue Battle (Pokemon FRLG)

Did 10; I'm a rebel :P. Also, I'm really assuming Shulk's in if my music's any indication.

Oh hell I've got a laundry list of desired music all queued up and waiting lol. These are my immediate, off-the-top-of-my-head picks

EDIT: Sorry, I can't just stick to five =3=

Kirby:

- Kirby 64 boss battle theme. I was very sad that no part of this was in Brawl's Kirby Boss Battle Medley, but I think it can totally carry a track all on its own too. As much as I loved that Medley, I'd actually rather just have this song haha.

- Outer Rings from Kirby's Epic Yarn, which I think is a remix of the main theme. It's super happy and peppy and still energetic enough to be a fighting theme I think lol.

- the Super Ability theme from Kirby's Return to Dreamland is pretty iconic in terms of recency, I think

Metroid:

- Space Pirate battle theme from Metroid Prime series; not one of my favorite tunes TBH, but it's super iconic and memorable for the Prime series.

- Okay this boss theme from Fusion is really obscure and thus possibly not Smash-worthy, but it's super tense and energetic and I love it.

Megaman:

- Any of the boss themes, but especially MM2's and 3's are the best ones, I think.

- Flashman and Metalman are great and really iconic. MM2 had the best music from the classic series IMO

- Darkman's stage is also a really good one

Pokemon:

- The Legendary Battle theme from Pokemon BW, it's energetic and catchy as shit

- Pokemon BW Gym Battle theme (both parts) is one of the hypest battle themes in the entire series IMO.

- Team Plasma theme seconded

Zelda: Just bring back the Ocarina of Time medley and I'm good. Nothing tops that *u*

Mario: some variation on Lineland Road from Super Paper Mario (already a medley in itself) would be great, but I'm not counting on it much ~3~

Edited by BANRYU

I've got so many songs I want, and they're all from The Wonderful 101:

1) "The Won-Stoppable 100" I don't think I've ever head a better main theme from any video game. Not even exaggerating.

2) "Intertwined"

3) "Tables Turn"

4) "Guyzoch Space Pirates"

5) "The Lost City of Kowrule"

In fact, I think I just want the entire soundtrack from TW101 in Smash, it's that good.

Some Metroid Prime OST...

They were kinda lacking in SSBB... somewhat.

or

Even if Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is my favorite Prime game, Magmoor Caverns is my favorite OST.

Edited by Naughx

I cheated a little and did 7, but I couldn't cut any of these songs from my list. In no specific order:

Gusty Garden Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy) One of the greatest songs of the last console generation. It will almost 100% be in SSB4.

Destiny ~Ablaze~ (Fire Emblem: Awakening) The FE13 battle music I feel would best fit in SSB, other than Id (Purpose). It includes some of FE13's biggest overarching hero themes.

Champion ~Ablaze~ (Fire Emblem: Awakening) Another great FE13 song, but one I feel would work doubly well as it contains FE9 music to represent Ike.

You Will Know Our Names (Xenoblade Chronicles) This song needs to be in, regardless of Shulk's presence. The guitar is sublime.

Team Plasma Battle (Pokemon Black & White) Easily my favorite team battle music. Flare's theme was cool, but I hope Plasma gets the recognition it deserves.

Miror B. Battle (Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness) The GCN Pokemon games need some love, especially for their music. What better place to start than the grooviest song to ever grace the series.

Lorule Castle (Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds) While the song starts out quiet, an arrangement focusing on the latter, more energetic half of the song could be great for a Zelda stage, though I can't see it on Skyloft.

Edited by Ragnell

Wasn't the Gusty Garden Galaxy theme used in Rosalina's reveal trailer? I swear that one sounds familiar.

Team Plasma theme was another great one from BW. Black/White's music game was too strongth

Oh boy, another SSB4 Music request thread? *cracks knuckles*

I guess the 5 I want the most are:

Honestly, this is an excellent theme from Triple Deluxe and so is Dirty and Beauty, but I'm limiting it to one theme per franchise.

Really a Medley of Skyward Sword bosses, but this theme is my favorite boss theme aside from Demise and Ghirahim's

3. Lost World A theme from the rather unknown GCN Custom Robo, I'd like to see a Custom Robo theme make it in even though I know the Custom Robo won't be a playable character.

One of my favorite themes from the Golden Sun trilogy. Still keeping my fingers crossed for Isaac even though I know it's not likely.

This theme was an instant standout of all of the Uprising themes. I know a lot said lightning battle, which is another one of my favorite themes, but this one is certainly the best in my opinion

This thread needs more Megaman and Kirby music.

From Megaman, I'd love to see the Mega Man Killers/MM10 Special Stage themes. (Heart of Enker, Get the Punk Out, Farewell to Ballade).

Also, I happen to have put together a songlist for Wily's Castle for a contest on Smashboards and I'm wondering what you guys think of it.

As for Kirby, I'd love to see:
-The Return to Dreamland Arena theme
-Shadow Mirror House (Triple Deluxe)
-Return to Dream Land and Triple Deluxe Boss themes
-Super Star Ultra Arena and True Arena themes.
-Vs. Masked Dedede
-Vs. Galacta Knight

-Vs. Dark Meta Knight

-Vs. Heavy Lobster

Edited by shinpichu

^ the Cutman stage theme linked to Napalmman's for some reason. o___o

Yeah, I listed Darkman as well, that's a great one. I mostly tried to pick MM tunes that I felt were most iconic for the series or which most reminded me of it, etc. Not necessarily just good ones. For instance, I love Pharaohman's stage theme, but I wouldn't put it in personally (but to each his own *shrug*)

KRtDL boss theme is a pretty good one; I'd also like to see the Super Ability theme. Heavy Lobster's theme would go well in a medley, I think.

Ooh, speaking of Kirby, here's a little gem from Kirby's Epic Yarn that I forgot to list. This game had nice music and it's weird that everyone seems to forget about it. If there's any song I'd use to represent Kirby's Epic Yarn, it's this one.

EDIT: Some others that I'm not really expecting, but which would be nice

- Okay this boss theme from Metroid Fusion is really obscure and maybe not Smash-worthy, but it's super tense and energetic and I love it.

- Mario: some variation on Lineland Road from Super Paper Mario (already a medley in itself) would be great, but I'm not counting on it much

Edited by BANRYU

^ the Cutman stage theme linked to Napalmman's for some reason. o___o

...wow. I can't believe I missed that.

If you can believe it, I submitted that song list over a week ago. Odd nobody corrected me....

Well I'd kinda like them to recognize some of the not main-series Pokemon games in the music.

So anything from the Mystery Dungeons (Most like Primal Dialga though I doubt it will since GTI came out..)

Something from Conquest would also be nice (Bias says Poison or Rock but I don't really care)

Or who knows maybe the Champ theme from X/Y could get in?

The Sky Tower theme from the original PMD was a great tune, but I can't help but wonder if it's too obscure to appear. Material from spinoff series like that rarely makes it into the main game; the only instance of it I can think of off the top of my head is the Gritzy Desert from Mario & Luigi.

The Sky Tower theme from the original PMD was a great tune, but I can't help but wonder if it's too obscure to appear. Material from spinoff series like that rarely makes it into the main game; the only instance of it I can think of off the top of my head is the Gritzy Desert from Mario & Luigi.

I take it that you don't remember that there was a stage in Brawl based off of Mario Kart, that had various tracks from the Mario Kart games as its music options, then...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I take it that you don't remember that there was a stage in Brawl based off of Mario Kart, that had various tracks from the Mario Kart games as its music options, then...

...oh, right. Mario Kart is a spinoff, huh. Well jeezus it's so huge that can you really fault me for forgetting that? ~__~ (...probably) Well there are exceptions to every rule. Anyway there's no need for quite that level of snark. >___> You don't gotta be a dick about it.

Edited by BANRYU