The next FE Lord: What would you want him or her to be like?

Anacybele

What does it matter if they have blue hair or any previous characteristics? A bland character is a bland character regardless of gender or hair color. If we get a red head female who is royalty and uses swords who gets a plot sword near the end to defeat the dragon, what changes? That we get a pair of tits to look at? I'm not against the idea of a female lord but I've never been a fan of different for the sake of being different.

Branching paths would be great. Denam from Tactics Ogre is the best Lord.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except "being different for the sake of being different" at least lets fans and the companies look at the sales figures as general attitude towards the different. Risks need to be taken when a market starts to grow stagnant, and apart from Steam, there's just no risks being taken anymore.

If we get a red head female who is royalty and uses swords who gets a plot sword near the end to defeat the dragon, what changes? That we get a pair of tits to look at?

celica

Without the plot sword, of course.

Edited by Tryhard

Yeah, I also think it's time we had a Lord with more personality. Too many bland Ikes and "nobles who don't act like nobles". I want something a little newer in that department. Chrom was better than Marth or Ike (although Marth had interesting character development in Shadow Dragon) but he was still a bit lacking. Micaiah was also more of a step in the right direction. I feel that Hector was the closest to what I'm looking for, with him having specific pronounced personality traits (his rudeness, etc.) Of course, the new Lord's personality shouldn't be like Hector's because repetition is something the Fire Emblem series has enough of. What's important is that we get a Lord that's different in not just looks, but in action too.

Oh yeah, no more dragon villains please. We've seen enough. Even Tellius sort of had them in the form of Dheginsea and his troops. Dragon laguz among the enemies is fine, I just don't want any final bosses to be dragons. >.>

isn't every final boss and I mean every final boss in fire emblem a giant evil dragon or monster apart from radiant dawn and path of radiance.

Edited by Serah Farron

isn't every final boss and I mean every final boss in fire emblem a giant evil dragon or monster apart from radiant dawn and path of radiance.

FE4 & FE5 also had non-Dragons as final bosses (although Julius did wield the Loptyr tome), but other than those four, yeah.

I'd like him to have brown hair and be named Runan and pal around with a bow-wielding pirate named Holmes.

Really though I just want him/her to not be Chrom

A red-haired female lord would absolutely make my day. Jill for next FE lord.

But I really just want a female lord who keeps her spotlight. Eirika is the only one so far who could be said to have that. I'm fine with almost anything else they do so long as she's well-written and not oversexualized.

Doesn't Celica fit both of those criteria to an extent?

though going by her DLC art her hair is more pink than red

that's another thing whats with Nintendo and dragons they have them as final bosses but never as normal bosses

Well, there were regular dragon bosses in FEs 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.

Well, there were regular dragon bosses in FEs 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.

I mean I wish they would add more manakete bosses.

Oh yeah, no more dragon villains please. We've seen enough. Even Tellius sort of had them in the form of Dheginsea and his troops. Dragon laguz among the enemies is fine, I just don't want any final bosses to be dragons. >.>

What's wrong with dragons? It's an undead horse, Ana. The cliche is used so much that no one really cares about it anymore. Plus, Manaketes are fun to use and challenging to fight.

Edited by Logience

Doesn't Celica fit both of those criteria to an extent?

though going by her DLC art her hair is more pink than red

I haven't played Gaiden, but I was told Alm was as or more prominent in the story.

I haven't played Gaiden, but I was told Alm was as or more prominent in the story.

Well, Celica is the lord of her party, which is essentially half of the game, so she is quite important. It's half and half between her and Alm.

Alm is technically the "hero" of the story but Celica is pretty boss too.

If you want just a sole female lord you may be waiting for a long time.

Edited by Tryhard

isn't gaiden extremely short and a side story to the first fe game as gaiden in Japanese means side story.

It does mean side story, but it's on a completely different continent with completely different characters and few ties to FE1 (aside from a few, the pegasus sisters etc).

It's not that short, actually. It's a decent length. Especially if you want to grind, as there are grindable skirmishes. (stolen by FE8)

Edited by Tryhard

Well, Celica is the lord of her party, which is essentially half of the game, so she is quite important. It's half and half between her and Alm.

Alm is technically the "hero" of the story but Celica is pretty boss too.

Sounds like another Ike/Micaiah scenario.

If you want just a sole female lord you may be waiting for a long time.

I honestly won't be surprised if I never get one.

But hey, if Final Fantasy can get Lightning, I can keep hoping.

Sounds like another Ike/Micaiah scenario.

I honestly won't be surprised if I never get one.

finally someone who knows Claire farron (lightning.)

I still can't understand how Squeenix managed to take a risk as big as that, even if this was BEFORE Call of Duty took over the world.

Though how they at first pretended that "everyone is the protagonist" for a while did seem predictable.

What's wrong with dragons? It's an undead horse, Ana. The cliche is used so much that no one really cares about it anymore. Plus, Manaketes are fun to use and challenging to fight.

I never said to cut dragons from the series completely. Hell, I love the dragon laguz and find them badass (manaketes are boring compared to them imo though, sorry). I'm just tired of so many villains being dragons.

that's another thing whats with Nintendo and dragons they have them as final bosses but never as normal bosses

Volvagia in Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Argorok in Zelda: Twilight Princess say hi. Even though I hated the latter.

Edited by Anacybele