The next FE Lord: What would you want him or her to be like?

Anacybele

I think the next FE lord should be a shaman or a brigand or pirate. He could have been evil, then something happened to someone he was close to and sought out to atone his sins and help save the continent or something. And when he promotes, he could promote into a Holy class or something. :P

Edited by Baldo45

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when does the Lord ever start the game as a Tier 2 unit?

Why would you want the Lord to start with only having staves? That would totally suck!

1. Sigurd and RD!Ike

2. If the Lord is going to be a wimp I'd much rather him use staves than weapons. It also shuts down soloing the game and might make for interesting scenarios.

Lord with blue hair, who slays dragon. His company are old, but wise advisor, two cavaliers and pegasus knight gf.

Well, I don't give crap about story in FE games anymore. Only gameplay is matter to me now. Make it unique and enjoyable. I just want something other than standard copypasta FE game (in terms of gameplay).

IMO people who play FE games for story are doing it wrong.

Please, go read books.

But not some shit. Read good one. Like Brave New World.

Not for me. Do it for yourselves.

This

Just because stories are not the primary selling point in FE doesn't mean that they should be completely dismissed. It's been pulled off well in the past and we know how much it can actually contribute, and how detrimental the absence of one can be.

Books are awesome and all but it doesn't mean a game shouldn't try to have a good story. It's like saying I don't want a Fire Emblem game to have good music because music is for listening to on CDs or Ipods. A good story adds to the overall enjoyment of the game. It's not paramount in importance but it's still great to have.

Since when does the Lord ever start the game as a Tier 2 unit?

Sigurd started as a prepromoted unit as did Ike though no tier 1 Mercenary class or anything existed in Radiant Dawn and he could still promote due to 3 tiers. But there were so many prepromotes in Radiant Dawn it was more like a two tier system only with like ten trainees in the mix that you get at the start of the game.

Edited by Jotari

1. Sigurd and RD!Ike

RD!Ike joins halfway through the game, not at the beginning, so he doesn't count.

2. If the Lord is going to be a wimp I'd much rather him use staves than weapons. It also shuts down soloing the game and might make for interesting scenarios.

Eirika sucks, but that doesn't stop you soloing the game with Seth, does it?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Aside from Lyndis and Ike, was there any lord that didn't started out as royalty (partial for Lyndis)? Because that would actually be cool to see a lord develop from normal villager with big dreams to eventual lord/king (guy doesn't have royal blood). Not sure if that would be cliche though, but it might be pretty interesting.

Edited by Foolishly Capricious

Aside from Lyndis and Ike, was there any lord that didn't started out as royalty (partial for Lyndis)? Because that would actually be cool to see a lord develop from normal villager with big dreams to eventual lord/king (guy doesn't have royal blood). Not sure if that would be cliche though, but it might be pretty interesting.

I believe Alm doesn't know he's of noble decent until near the end of the game and thus starts out as an ordinary villager with big dreams of murdering everyone fighting his kingdom. Of course given it's status as a NES game you're not going to get much out of it plot wise. Remake please Nintendo.

Micaiah

went from a rebel in the slums to queen of Daein. Though I guess she's another "partial" since she's technically the true apostle.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire
Spoiler for safety

I believe Alm doesn't know he's of noble decent until near the end of the game and thus starts out as an ordinary villager with big dreams of murdering everyone fighting his kingdom. Of course given it's status as a NES game you're not going to get much out of it plot wise. Remake please Nintendo.

I don't think Celica knew she was Princess either.

I actually PREFER male heroes over female ones, so I want the next lord to be a man again. 8U Let him be some young skinny twig who's never lifted a sword in his life, because he is a mage. And his kingdom gets taken over by his uncle or someone, and he has to gather an army to reclaim the throne and free slaves or something like that. Just let the next FE lord be a skinny young man with no muscle, just magic.

Who says Mages can't have muscle?

340px-Pent.jpg

I'm sure he has a glorious physique.

In fact a Bara-as-fuck mage would be hilarious.

If our next hero is going to be a mage, he better be a badass one like Pent or Lewyn. Scrawny and timid mages would be even more typical than blue haired sword lords.

Anyway I'm still leaning more towards a Physical protagonist than a Magical one. Physical lords need enough babying as it is, I'm sure IS would screw a mage lord's bases even further. A lance lord that promotes to mount and gains axes would be cool. But not just any mount. The lord should promote to something like Wyvern Lord (c wut i did dere?). A Wyvern mount would be sweeeeeeet.

Not much muscle there. This guy on the other hand

ff4_go11.png

(BTW I'm talking design. Pent's just awesome all round)

LOL OMG IT'S After Years!Golbez

He's all like "Do you mages even fucking lift?"

I guess muscle was the wrong word but Pent is definitely lean. Like a swimmer body or something. A buff Dark Mage Lord like Golbez would be sweeeeeeeet

I'm not a fan of muscles, on anyone. 8U Pent never looked muscular to me, he's definitely not a twig though.

Maybe it's my love for shota mages (obviously???) but a lord who was like Ewan, Tormod, or Ricken would be cool. Obviously not THAT young, but someone who can evoke that kind of image. I dunno, I just need a baby-faced squishy mage lord.

Speaking of muscles, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a lord with a muscley bulky build again. I think Hector and Ike are the only ones so far that are far from being lean. Besides, I love my hunky muscular guys lol.

Edited by Anacybele

Speaking of muscles, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a lord with a muscley bulky build again. I think Hector and Ike are the only ones so far that are far from being lean. Besides, I love my hunky muscular guys lol.

Chrom's definitely a step above lean but also a step below beefy. But yeah, a well built lord would be nice but sadly enough our eastern brethren don't seem to like masculine hunks of greatness very much. DLC Art Ephraim is pretty built too.

I actually PREFER male heroes over female ones, so I want the next lord to be a man again.

Most people do. The clamoring for a female protagonist in FE is more about getting something different for a change of pace after 13 games.

Most of it, anyway. Personally, I just prefer female leads in general.

Yeah Chrom is pretty good looking, but I still felt that Frederick was even hunkier and more handsome. lol

But it sucks that easterners prefer bishies and scrawny guys too much. :(

We all know that the next fire emblem is going to have an avatar weather we want it to or not, so we might as well make them the lord, because making them the center of the story is the only way for them to not hijack it. As for plot, i would like them to find out about the world endangering peril right away (perhaps have their initial group be a village hunting party) and go on a quest to stop it. That would be generic in any other series, but fire emblem has never done this, so it would be new in this context.. For bonus points, have the generic jerk who everyone thinks is the hero be blue haired with a sword.

We all know that the next fire emblem is going to have an avatar weather we want it to or not, so we might as well make them the lord, because making them the center of the story is the only way for them to not hijack it.

The story of Awakening wouldn't have been half bad if it weren't for the fact that Robin got any relevance to the story at all and ruined it with fanfiction cliches in my opinion, so I would prefer for future avatars to have as little to do with the story as possible. Like Mark's relevance to FE7, minus asskissing.

The story of Awakening wouldn't have been half bad if it weren't for the fact that Robin got any relevance to the story at all and ruined it with fanfiction cliches in my opinion, so I would prefer for future avatars to have as little to do with the story as possible. Like Mark's relevance to FE7, minus asskissing.

The point of self insert characters is to make the player feel good about themselves. There will always be asskissing. It just comes down to how much. Mark from FE7 was the best. No story relevance and vaguely referred to and asskissing was kept to a minimum.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

When it comes to the story, I would say the worldbuilding comes first, then the situation the characters are in, and then the characters reaction to said situation, that said, I don't really care what the main character of the next game is like, as long as s/he is interesting, his/her desicions for the situations makes somewhat sense, and s/he is at least a bit likable. And I really hope the avatar character, if one is included, is not as a centerpice to the story as in awakening, I think it would have been better if it had done something simillar to Soren.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, August 3, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, August 3, 2014 - No reason given

When it comes to the story, I would say the worldbuilding comes first, then the situation the characters are in, and then the characters reaction to said situation, that said, I don't really care what the main character of the next game is like, as long as s/he is interesting, his/her desicions for the situations makes somewhat sense, and s/he is at least a bit likable. And I really hope the avatar character, if one is included, is not as a centerpice to the story as in awakening, I think it would have been better if it had done something simillar to Soren.

a.gif

All of this.

I think people put too much on the Avatar in Awakening. The writing itself is just shoddy. The super awesome infallible avatar is just a result of that. If the entire script was altered to not include the Avatar then the story would be just as bad.