The next FE Lord: What would you want him or her to be like?

Anacybele

I never said to cut dragons from the series completely. Hell, I love the dragon laguz and find them badass (manaketes are boring compared to them imo though, sorry). I'm just tired of so many villains being dragons.

Explain the difference between the dragon laguz and the Manaketes.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats wrong with manaketes they and dragon laguz are practically the same thing.

Edited by Serah Farron

Explain the difference between the dragon laguz and the Manaketes.

Dragon laguz have way cooler dragon forms. They don't need stones to transform. They're not almost all female children. And Kurthnaga's dragon form is the most badass thing I've ever seen in a game.

Edited by Anacybele

Dragon laguz have way cooler dragon forms. They don't need stones to transform. They're not almost all female children. And Kurthnaga's dragon form is the most badass thing I've ever seen in a game.

That's all? They just look cooler?

It's on a console as opposed to a portable, of course it'd look cooler.

manaketes are really traditional in fire emblem games and thus dragon laguz seem redunt to being placed "cooler" in comparison.

Yes. Look at the notable manaketes: Tiki, Nowi, Nah, Myrrh, Fa. All of them are female and children (except Awakening Tiki). The first three have similar dragon forms too.

Now the dragon laguz are: Dheginsea, Kurthnaga, Ena, Nasir, Gareth, and Rajaion. Ena is the ONLY female. And these guys are varied colors. Dheginsea, Kurth, and Rajaion are black, Ena is pink, Nasir is white, and Gareth is red. None of them are children. Dheginsea is an old bald guy, Kurth is more like a teenager, Ena is also more like a teenager, and the other three look like middle-aged men. They have varied personalities too (despite Gareth being pretty much the most underdeveloped character in the Tellius saga).

And I mentioned more than just looking cooler. I also said that they don't need stones to transform and are more varied character-wise.

I don't even know why we're debating this. It's not part of the topic and I'm free to have my opinion. You can like manaketes more if you want, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying I don't.

Edited by Anacybele

Posted · Hidden by Florete, July 29, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, July 29, 2014 - No reason given

manaketes are really traditional in fire emblem games and thus dragon laguz seem redundant to being placed "cooler" in comparison.

Now you're just being rude. Repeating your previous post word for word was NOT necessary.

sorry sometimes I take shots at topics without realising.

I don't even know why we're debating this. It's not part of the topic and I'm free to have my opinion. You can like manaketes more if you want, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying I don't.

*deep breaths* *ragged exhale*

Ana, the dragon laguz and Manakete have no difference at all between them. You prefer the former for what is unabashedly a petty reason.

Additionally, you don't seem to have experienced the Manakete at their best. And yet you cry for their removal. That's like saying we should remove Warriors from FE because Berserkers are cooler: it just does not make sense.

I'm just trying to state a point. Please, I don't want to get banned. All I want to do is make a statement in protest to your pedestal of FE10.

To get on-topic, I'd think that the next FE lord should be a Persona-type character, what with the crossover publicity going on.

Edited by Logience

lets go back to the actual topic then

I honestly don't care if they're male or female. As long as they start with lances. Or bows. A bow lord would be fantastic.

Edited by ZM©

An aesthetic reason is as good a reason as any to dislike something over something else. I don't think there was any reason for responses so vulgar when there was little provocation for any of it at all and the matter in question was almost entirely subjective.

But to stay on topic, I want the next lord to just be a character. I don't have any great vision for what he/she should be like, as long as they would have some other characteristics in place of the typical unshakably virtuous personality.

Edited by Topazd255

A well-intentioned prince looking to liberate their country and bring peace to the world but slowly starts to overshoot and fall for their own ambitions.

Meanwhile the Avatar functions as their moral compass who may or may not bring the Lord back to their senses or redeem them in some other way.

Edited by Ike-Mike

*deep breaths* *ragged exhale*

Ana, the dragon laguz and Manakete have no difference at all between them. You prefer the former for what is unabashedly a petty reason.

Additionally, you don't seem to have experienced the Manakete at their best. And yet you cry for their removal. That's like saying we should remove Warriors from FE because Berserkers are cooler: it just does not make sense.

I'm just trying to state a point. Please, I don't want to get banned. All I want to do is make a statement in protest to your pedestal of FE10.

To get on-topic, I'd think that the next FE lord should be a Persona-type character, what with the crossover publicity going on.

You know, you are being really fucking petty by chasing Ana around and trying to look "cool" by trying to pick apart her opinion. She simply just is expressing fatigue of too many dragons being major antagonists, not asking for them to stop being in the series. Hell, i actually agree with her. The dragon main Big Bad thing in FE is just as overused and tired as Blue Haired Lord which is a part of this topic.

So if i want to ask for my Badass Mum Lord, i want to be able to ask for non-dragon Big Bad.

Seriously, i want a Lord who begins the game as a freaking parent. Come on, IS, give us older people a Lord to relate to and the story be all about Adult Fears and stuff. On top of the war politics. Also realpolitik would be real nice. The moral framework has been DONE TO DEATH.

An older lord is an interesting idea, but I don't think it would work as well as a younger one. The lords being younger means they're inexperienced and have a lot of room to grow and develop as characters. An older one wouldn't have so much room and that's a reason the Jagens are more often than not older, experienced folks. Sometimes even elderly in the case of Jagen himself and FE6 Marcus.

I would go for the idea of a lord that's maybe 20-22 and just had a kid though. A la Chrom, except the lord became a parent prior to the beginning of the game rather than in the middle of it.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not chasing her down, I'm just begging her to play FEs that aren't just Tellius.

Though I will agree that "God of Evil" final bosses/villains are just underwhelming. It's why Ashnard is my favorite final boss.

I'm not chasing her down, I'm just begging her to play FEs that aren't just Tellius.

She's played Awakening, as evidenced by all the Frederick fangirling that she's done in the past.

So if i want to ask for my Badass Mum Lord, i want to be able to ask for non-dragon Big Bad.

Seriously, i want a Lord who begins the game as a freaking parent. Come on, IS, give us older people a Lord to relate to and the story be all about Adult Fears and stuff. On top of the war politics.

Which is funny considering that you said that you hate children...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

She's played Awakening, as evidenced by all the Frederick fangirling that she's done in the past.

And one can see that I've played FE7 as well due to my Sain fangirling (see my sig). I've also fangirled over Ephraim, meaning I've played FE8. But just ignore him, he's just trying to get on people's nerves.

I appreciate people coming to my defense though.

Now back to the thread topic. I recall seeing some people saying they wish for another lord that starts with lances. I could go for that. ^^