Hyrule Warriors

kingddd

Did you guys forget what we mentioned earlier in the thread?

"Koei can do whatever they want."

This is essentially a Koei game with Zelda IP.

This is why I essentially feel like an elitist.

Zelda fans need to know how a Dynasty Warriors game just says "nope" to all "sense".

Otherwise you're all going to get disappointed.

Seriously. It's Zelda, sure, but it's still a Warriors game through and through.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this game has online multi-player.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/01/hyrule-warriors-has-couch-co-op-no-online-campaign/

It does not. And that sucks. I don't know about the Wii U's online capabilities, but I pretty much assumed it would have consider DW7, DW8 and Warriors Orochi 3 all did, and perhaps more I don't know about.

Edit: I should note that they only deconfirmed online campaign play - there may be an online mode that is not the campaign - DW7 did something similiar where people couldn't play the campaign online but there was a seperate mode to play where you could. (Some sources do say otherwise, though)

Edited by Tryhard

Except that's not who I'm talking about. That's an entirely different Zelda. Also, it doesn't matter. I'm saying I would have rather played as SS Zelda using the harp, not Sheik using the harp.

Ohhh, my mistake.

However, it's not like it isn't fitting for Sheik to use the harp. Sheik had possession of the Goddess Harp in Ocarina of Time, so her using the harp is a reference to that.

While, yeah, it's a little bit strange that SS Zelda uses the Wind Waker, it's a reference to the game - and the ONLY reference to the game so far. It's like if Twilight Princess!Link used the transformation masks from Majora's Mask.

That article says Samurai Warriors 4 will have online. Why are the developers giving all sorts of other games online, but not this one? Yet ANOTHER stupid decision.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/01/hyrule-warriors-has-couch-co-op-no-online-campaign/

It does not. And that sucks. I don't know about the Wii U's online capabilities, but I pretty much assumed it would have consider DW7, DW8 and Warriors Orochi 3 all did, and perhaps more I don't know about.

Edit: I should note that they only deconfirmed online campaign play - there may be an online mode that is not the campaign - DW7 did something similiar where people couldn't play the campaign online but there was a seperate mode to play where you could. (Some sources do say otherwise, though)

Well they say no online campaign. So there might be some form of online mode.

Why in the flying fuck does SS Zelda use the WIND WAKER? She already has a harp. :/

First the developers pick Agitha over Ashei and now this. Are they smoking weed or something?

There is nothing special about "SS Zelda." The Skyward Sword design is just a costume for Zelda, and Zelda uses the wind waker.

Jesus, it's not a big deal.

I'd be the only one here crying if it was region locked. Haha.

I still can't believe they did that with Mario Tennis Open online.

Out of all the Mario Sports titles, they had to do that.

Anyways, did anyone watch the livestream on Aug. 1st? It was pretty funny when people reacted so much at the male silhouette character that appeared on screen in the textbox and then they found out it was just a Hyrulean captain.

*sigh* All this complaining and arguing about something not worth complaining about...

And I only came here to ask if this has been done yet:

I030e5H.png

I'm still waiting for Ganondorf to be confirmed and I'm not whining. They're the ones making the game, so they have the right to do whatever they want with it.

Using a musical instrument is fine variety. I just find giving Zelda one she never had instead of the one she DID have to be dumb. Now I don't want to play SS Zelda anymore because I hated TWW. Sigh...

Zelda in HW was already seen using a baton to begin with, so having an alternate costume use the same baton makes more sense than making an alternate costume have entirely different animations to use an item they've been shown to have in their original game. It's just a costume.

I still don't get how the KAZE NO TAKUTO (Wind Waker) being used by a Zelda from a different game "is a stupid decision", is even a discussion, and worth getting worked up about.

For goodness sake, I'd be all for Midna using the Wind Waker if it was fun.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Zelda in HW was already seen using a baton to begin with, so having an alternate costume use the same baton makes more sense than making an alternate costume have entirely different animations to use an item they've been shown to have in their original game. It's just a costume.

Oh. Now that I didn't know. I guess I'll still play as SS Zelda when I get her then. I find her to be so freaking cute.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh. Now that I didn't know. I guess I'll still play as SS Zelda when I get her then. I find her to be so freaking cute.

Speaking of, you still have the rapier and whatever else she winds up using as well.

That was rather meh. Nothing really surprising or big was shown (not that adventure mode and stuff don't look cool, I mean this is stuff I kind of expected). And Ganondorf was obviously going to be in somehow. He's the biggest villain of the Zelda series. :/

But that Ganondorf so looks like Skrimir from RD lol.

Edited by Anacybele

But that Ganondorf so looks like Skrimir from RD lol.

Yeah, my brother and I were deciding whether he looked more like Skrimir or Caineghis, lol.

His reveal seems like it was the only significant thing, and it's not like that was unexpected.

Red Fox: I know, right? :P

But damn, I'm EXCITED to play as Ghirahim! If he's not playable in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, I still have him in Hyrule Warriors now. Hell yeah. :D

Edited by Anacybele

I saw part of Ganondorf's scene shows he's playable in Hyrule Warriors and he can use magic and swords also. (I think he could be unlockable or not since they confirmed that they have Unlockable Characters added in Hyrule Warriors.)

Edited by King Marth 64