Hyrule Warriors

kingddd

The "every attack is dangerous" missions are my favorite. You can just spam arrows and kill all of targets.

I meant the MQ edition where you don't kill them in one hit, but will die in 2 hits, like for Lana's alt costume.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant the MQ edition where you don't kill them in one hit, but will die in 2 hits, like for Lana's alt costume.

Man, I had a dream about that mission type before I even tried it... Impa kept slaughtering me. ;-; It was horrible. Then the next day I tried one of those missions for real and got slaughtered by Link. ...And Impa was an enemy in that mission. But she didn't cause me problems.

Don't think anyone has mentioned it here yet but we have details on the Twilight Princess Pack.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmKGDgYTg

Long story short, the DLC character is Twili Midna and uses the Mirror of Twilight as her weapon. Pack launches on the 27th

Hey everyone, if anyone is interested, i'm going to test out my new capture card I got to use with my Wii U by streaming Hyrule Warriors!

You can find the stream here; have fun if you come by~! ^^

Don't think anyone has mentioned it here yet but we have details on the Twilight Princess Pack.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmKGDgYTg

Long story short, the DLC character is Twili Midna and uses the Mirror of Twilight as her weapon. Pack launches on the 27th

Well, that's a huge disappointment. We already have Midna, why do we need her again? This is just boring and the stupidest decision I've ever seen Aonuma make. Why not an actual different character like Ashei or Rusl?

But I guess I have to look on the bright side. I'm saving some money.

Nice to finally know some details. I wasn't sure, but Twili Midna was one of my friend's top guesses. I would like to know about these other weapons and costumes, though.

Well, that's a huge disappointment. We already have Midna, why do we need her again? This is just boring and the stupidest decision I've ever seen Aonuma make. Why not an actual different character like Ashei or Rusl?

But I guess I have to look on the bright side. I'm saving some money.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't Aonuma's decision. I'm neutral on the choice myself, but I don't think there was really any other relevant or interesting enough character from Twilight Princess to use.

Also, there's way more to the DLC than Twili Midna.

Agitha wasn't relevant. You didn't even need to SEE her to complete the game.

But my mistake on Aonuma. Still, he said he wanted to see more of Midna's true form. So the developers did what he said.

Edited by Anacybele

Not that memorable to me, imo. I mean, I didn't dislike her or anything, but I didn't find her that interesting either. I found Ashei way more interesting and she was actually relevant to the story. I'm still upset that the developers have ignored her. She was awesome and pretty much the only relevant female warrior in the series not named Impa. She wore a full suit of armor and carried a sword and everything and was trained by her dad in the mountains.

But I have Ghirahim to have fun with, at least.

Edited by Anacybele

Aonuma: "(For one of the costumes, you can dress Link up as a certain familiar character from the Zelda series. It may make you say ""Wow!"" so I hope you'll look forward to it.)"

We are totally getting Tingle Link. :P

Actually this makes total sense. Back at E3 when they showed off Midna, she was able to use two different weapons (though the second one wasn't unlocked), but she's only able to use one in the full version. So it seems like they might have turned that weapon (the Mirror) into it's own character.

Also guys who analyzed the the game's coding found files for Tingle, so either he's a Link costume, one of the characters in the Majora's Mask pack or totally scrapped.

These were what was found in the files regarding Tingle:

action/model/C_TINGLE.bin.gz

action/model/W_TINGLE_BALLOON.bin.gz

Edited by Starbound

Oh my god, I hope not. If that's the case, I'm DEFINITELY not getting this DLC. I don't want Tingle infecting my game, even if it's just his clothes. I hate him. >.>

But this is a TP pack and Tingle didn't appear in that game, so...

Edited by Anacybele

I found Ashei way more interesting and she was actually relevant to the story. I'm still upset that the developers have ignored her. She was awesome and pretty much the only relevant female warrior in the series not named Impa. She wore a full suit of armor and carried a sword and everything and was trained by her dad in the mountains.

She was in the game for about ten minutes. Besides do we really need another sword user in the game? We have plenty of them as it is!

She was in the game for about ten minutes. Besides do we really need another sword user in the game? We have plenty of them as it is!

Midna's true form was in the game for even less. Your point is?

Midna's true form? Well, here is a character I couldn't be more indifferent about.

But I guess she really was originally planned to be in the game from the beginning. Not just because of that second weapon slot but also because according to the story Midna was transformed into her Imp form by Cia, which after their initial encounter ended up being kinda ignored for the rest of the game.

The alternate costume for Link sounds more interesting. Given the TP theme, I guess it's the Hero's Shade. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for anyone else to access Link's extensive aresnal.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't Aonuma's decision. I'm neutral on the choice myself, but I don't think there was really any other relevant or interesting enough character from Twilight Princess to use.

Also, there's way more to the DLC than Twili Midna.

Well, it's not like they had to make a Twilight Princess DLC. The game is already extremly focused on OoT, TP and SwS with very little love for anything else. And the DLC packs have yet to prove that their name is indicative of more then the origin of the DLC character.

Midna was one of the main protagonists and one of the focal points of the entire game. The plot revolved around her and the twist of her being who she is was huge.

I'm pretty sure she is more memorable, popular, and important overall than a minor character who only had a single scene to herself. Hell, my brother and I have played the game several times and even we had to look her up because neither of us could remember her.

And if you bring up Agatha again, she was the most popular side character and happens to be a giddy Gothic loli, a perfect candidate to be in a fan service game.

Edited by Kon

Midna was one of the main protagonists and one of the focal points of the entire game. The plot revolved around her and the twist of her being who she is was huge.

I'm pretty sure she is more memorable, popular, and important overall than a minor character who only had a single scene to herself. Hell, my brother and I have played the game several times and even we had to look her up because neither of us could remember her.

Well, yes. And Midna is already in the game. If it's already only an alternate form rather then an actual new character, then Wolf Link would make more sense. Playing as a wolf sounds really cool in theory but TW never made anything out of it. That poor dog never had much use beyond instantkilling those instantly regenerating monsters and jumping across platforms. And it's not like the latter was even an actual obstacle or even an interesting way to interact with the envrioment, you just press a button and Link jumps automatically to the target.

And I don't think this form of Midna is all that memorable. At least from my personal memory, I can't tell her apart from Zant.

Of course, my personal preference would be either of the Yeti. I would love to play as them.

Edited by BrightBow

Wolf Link is pretty much what Midna already is.

Wolf is only part of her dashing animation and a single attack.

Edit: Sorry, the wolf is used more then that, even if it is rarely part of the actual attack.

Still, just like Wolf Link, Midna's new form also needs to differentiate itself from her Imp form but also from Zant as well.

Edited by BrightBow

Have you even used Midna? Wolf Link is part of multiple attacks. Pretty much anything you've ever seen him do in Twilight Princess, Midna probably does, and more. There's definitely nothing to do with him that isn't already part of Midna's moveset, especially considering that Wolf Link always had Midna on his back doing stuff in his game as it is. Separating the two would be even more awkward than having two Midna's on the roster. At least Midna's forms have pretty vastly different appearances; you'd literally have two Wolf Links on the field otherwise.

Oh my god, I hope not. If that's the case, I'm DEFINITELY not getting this DLC. I don't want Tingle infecting my game, even if it's just his clothes. I hate him. >.>

But this is a TP pack and Tingle didn't appear in that game, so...

IRONY

[spoiler=Purlo]Purlo.png

Granted, you are right, but this is still funny because of this guy.

"Purlo was made to resemble Tingle, as his green clothes, his blue clock, and parts of his personality suggest."

Edited by Dai

Tingle is awesome anyway. If he can't bomb you to death, he will just use the rupees you gave him to decipher maps in order to hire mercenaries that beat you up for him. At the peak of his power, he can also shot rupees too.

...man, one of these days I really need to finish Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land.

Edited by BrightBow

Twili Form Midna, hell yeahhhh.

I can't wait for the DLC to finally be avaliable. too bad smash 4 will be out by then, but i'll need to set aside time for this as well

I wonder what they are going to put out for the Majora's Mask expansion?