Where have you gone overseas or want to?

MercyWalk

I was born in the US, but I've been just about all over Europe. Lived in Germany for seven years and Belgium for a little less than a year. Also visited Italy, France, Luxembourg, and Austria. I don't plan on ever going back though, as much as I loved France. I got too homesick after awhile.

Never been overseas yet.

However, i plan to go to Norway in the near future to visit a friend and assimilate into that way of life. I also wish to visit Sweden. In the next five years, this will happen.

Wow, there's a lot of variety, both for where people have been and for where they'd like to go. There are many places I'd like to visit, but right now Iceland's topping my list.

I spent my savings (what I hadn't earmarked for student loans) on a month abroad last year. Big mistake—I'm itching to do it again.

I live in Texas currently

I've been to South Korea, France, England, Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria, Spain and Hawaii if that counts

France/England was a monthish long trip, Germany/Czech/Hungary/Austria was a 2 week long trip back when my dad had constant business trips to Germany and Spain and Hawaii both were a 1 week trip. I was born in S Korea and I moved here when I was around 2-3, and I visited there once in 3rd grade.

so yeah

• 1 month later...

I live in Europe so overseas for me would be the UK, the Americas and Oceania pretty much. In my opinion long distance travel is overrated, especially if you don't know the language spoken at your destination. It locks you out of really experiencing the place and keeps you in tourist traps.

/my horrible opinions.

Was born in the US and did my first international trip when I was 13 as part of a student ambassador thing to the UK which was pretty sweet. I stayed in the States after that until I started visiting Europe again in my 20s and now I live here, so kind of the ultimate overseas trip, if you will. Since then, I've done a bit of traveling around Europe, though not much, and I fly back to the States to visit my family at least once a year. I also have tentative plans to visit Asia and Australia in the next few years.

I've been to the UK a few times (when I was 6 and again when I was around 14 or 15), Canada once (when I was maybe 12 or 13 tho that isn't overseas is it), Pakistan once (when I was 6), and France/Belgium (when I was 14 or 15).

I've never been overseas because we could never afford to do such a thing ;n; Unless a heavy thunderstorm making us accidentally land on Vancouver Island instead of British Columbia counts as.... overseas... by like 10-20 miles

I'd probably honestly love to go anywhere overseas, or even anywhere in another continent that isn't overseas compared to the US, though at least avoiding going too far up the northern hemisphere or too far down the southern hemisphere or too far in the middle of any of the hottest deserts on the planet~

But in particular I'm most interested in New Zealand!!

Oh shit I have a chance to go to Germany and France sometime next year, it's a tour but fuck, beggars can't be choosers right?

what's wrong with a tour? i'm going on a japanese tour on friday

• 3 weeks later...