Notice some people make opinions about things they don't know about?

DreadFighter

me either, apparently.

are you not aware of what the scientific process is?

Probably not entirely...I'm sure I've heard of it a few times.

hey guys did you hear about fluoride in the water? that's some commie shit

Yeah, you Americans have some strange things over there.

MODEDIT: soul you loser beta this isn't fftf don't doublepost

Edited by Integrity

Vaccinations give you autism and turn you gay.

this man speaks the truth.

let me backtrack a little and say epistemology is a nice philosophical area of study and has raised concerns for humans/(possibly) extraterrestrial life throughout the universe in terms of how certain we can be in our understanding of things. however, i personally feel empiricism is an extremely powerful way to obtain knowledge, and has proven itself time and time over. that we learn through our senses is one of very few ways we can obtain reliable knowledge about the natural world.

humans are limited, yes, but over time we have become less and less so with the aid of machines that increase human perception, directly or indirectly. telescopes allow us to see trillions of miles away in light wavelengths otherwise wholly impossible.

the scientific method is simply: question --> hypothesis --> experiment --> data gathering --> analysis/conclusion of results. if this method didn't work, we wouldn't have rockets or telescopes or computers. i think empiricism isn't a perfect way to obtain knowledge, but i feel it's the best we've got, and it at least has proven itself.

1. you get more "poisonous chemicals" from your food than you do from a dose of vaccine

2. the negative connotation of the word "chemical" is nothing more than a trick that obfuscates the neutral definition of the word

3. have fun getting paralyzed with polio, suffocating from diphtheria, or whatever

penn and teller did a great segment on anti-vaccination on their show bullshit! that exposes the rhetoric used by anti-vaxxers.

i should also point out that anti-vaccination is one of the big reasons why polio still has not been eradicated as of 2014.

Edited by dondon151

Yeah, you Americans have some strange things over there.

MODEDIT: soul you loser beta this isn't fftf don't doublepost

he's scottish

also this vaccination talk is just gonna become a clusterfuck let's not who gives a shit he's on the internet if he's not better educated by now it's because he's willfully witholding the information from himself

also this vaccination talk is just gonna become a clusterfuck let's not who gives a shit he's on the internet if he's not better educated by now it's because he's willfully witholding the information from himself

actually, the existence of the internet makes it easier to disseminate disinformation and for like-minded non-thinkers to congregate in a public forum. so it goes both ways.

Edited by dondon151

quick reminder for some of you losers that this thread's in general, not fftf.

Sorry about that. I promise it won't happen again.

But yeah vaccinations can be wrong if the doctor doesn't know what they are talking about. As long as the doctor knows what is right, their opinion on medicine may be different.

Edited by Lord Ike Waluigi

the only major flaw i find with vaccines is that you don't know if you'll have a severe, negative response to it or not; and, doctors don't monitor you because a vast majority of people leave unaffected after the vaccine. i was put in the hospital with a day or so after i had three vaccinations. no one knows how it happened or what the issue really was--was it a severe response, infection, or both? i got no definitive answer. regardless, it still scared the shit out of me.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Sorry about that. I promise it won't happen again.

But yeah vaccinations can be wrong if the doctor doesn't know what they are talking about. As long as the doctor knows what is right, their opinion on medicine may be different.

Wait what? How can vaccinations be wrong if the doctor doesn't know what they're talking about?

the only major flaw i find with vaccines is that you don't know if you'll have a severe, negative response to it or not; and, doctors don't monitor you because a vast majority of people leave unaffected after the vaccine. i was put in the hospital with a day or so after i had three vaccinations. no one knows how it happened or what the issue really was--was it a severe response, infection, or both? i got no definitive answer. regardless, it still scared the shit out of me.

Flaw the second: You are allergic to eggs, in which case, you're more reliant on everyone else not getting sick for you to stay healthy.

For the topic: There's some sort of effect that explains this (involving people who know less about a subject being more confident about their views or something like that), but I can't remember what it's called.

Flaw the second: You are allergic to eggs, in which case, you're more reliant on everyone else not getting sick for you to stay healthy.

For the topic: There's some sort of effect that explains this (involving people who know less about a subject being more confident about their views or something like that), but I can't remember what it's called.

well, i mean generally.

the internet may be spreading lies again, but it looks like people with egg allergies can receive influenza vaccines fine. there are even some that don't have egg proteins in them!