Awakening Skills tier list

Tables

What...? I'm not seeing this when the Falchions are like your only options to do any damage to Grima, by which i mean real damage, not some single-digit crap that ain't even worth mentioning, and there's the part where Chrom's is stronger.

Bows are good in the Grima fight. Four attacks at 2-range with Lucina behind him is plenty of threat against Grima. Bows aren't subject to Pavise, and someone can grab Lucina from him for another bite at the apple at 1-range.

And again, Grima is the least of your worries for Sniper. There are a hundred ways to skin that cat in Lunatic, especially if you aren't trying to 1-turn.

I've offered multiple times to do any work needed to get it up myself, but nobody seems to know how. Those missing chapters are the ones already on the wiki, I think.

Talk to Vincent.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bows are good in the Grima fight. Four attacks at 2-range with Lucina behind him is plenty of threat against Grima. Bows aren't subject to Pavise, and someone can grab Lucina from him for another bite at the apple at 1-range.

And again, Grima is the least of your worries for Sniper. There are a hundred ways to skin that cat in Lunatic, especially if you aren't trying to 1-turn.

Perhaps, but you gotta admit, it still reeks of shooting yourself in the foot royally in the first place. . .

If it were me, I would put acrobat much higher, also armsthrift.

I see your point with locktouch but after a certain point in the game, it gets pretty useless. It is useful in Infinite Regalia though.

The catch is that Acro and AT are not very well off in class placement.

Trickster really isn't a good class [and certainly, you don't want to sit in it for 15 levels unless you're Anna herself].

Merc is a alright class, but it's Swordlocked.

...Straightforward, AT hits roadblocks on who can make use of it:

Robin, but that means diving at Merc and its Swordlock.

Cordelia... same with Robin. She's also not a very solid candidate for an early second seal, and would probably want to focus on getting her Galeforce over Armsthrift.

Donnel, but Donnel really isn't a good character.

Gregor, but Gregor's luck holds AT's use back-- significantly.

Severa, but Severa's somewhat hard to recruit in a maingame run. Secondly, her stats are dependent on her parents, and she may not even exist.

Inigo, see the issues with Severa, basically.

If it were me, I would put acrobat much higher, also armsthrift.

I see your point with locktouch but after a certain point in the game, it gets pretty useless. It is useful in Infinite Regalia though.

Since we're assuming no DLC, IR won't matter.

Acrobat is also good for all of one map (Cht.24). All other maps with lots of obstacle terrain usually make it easy to just walk right past, or come before it's (reasonably) possible to have Acrobat.

Acrobat is one of those skills that's more cool than practical. There's few chapters that it's good in when you realistically might have it:

17 - no terrain

18 - the only terrain is lava pits, which you're mostly going to not be crossing. When you do, it's mostly to go kill Yen'fay.

19 - almost no terrain

20 - almost no terrain (pillars take 2 move, oh no)

21 - almost no terrain (see 20)

22 - the only terrain is desert, but again, you only need to cross that when you're approaching Aversa

23 - almost no terrain (see 20)

24 - this is one it's potentially good in, but how quickly do you want someone whose been going through trickster to move anyway? Unless it was, say, a Panne reclass they're probably pretty fragile, and chapter 24 enemies are brutal.

25 - useful here for crossing the center mountain. If you want to do that. Maybe to kill a Mire Sorc?

Endgame - no terrain

So that's something like, 1 or 2 chapters it's potentially useful in. Outside of that, it's a very minor bonus at best, being an occasional +1 move.

Locktouch is actually one that I think we should talk about. There's a lot of useful stuff from chests, and there's fairly limited chest keys. But also, one person with locktouch is much better than none, while two people with it is... only slightly better than one (it's useful in, say, chapter 21 but that's about it). I was talking to chaosmaster about Locktouch's placement actually before I posted the list publically - there's a good number of stat boosters in chests, although stat boosters aren't quite so useful as they were in previous FEs. There's also a lot of Bullions (M/L), and more money is always useful. But assuming you can ration your keys well you can get a decent chunk of those. Getting some numbers down, here is what I believe there is in the main game (I might be off slightly in one or two places):

Chapter 6 (1)

Chapter 11 (2, one opened by a thief)

Chapter 14 (4)

Chapter 17 (4, one opened by a thief)

Chapter 18 (4)

Chapter 20 (4, one opened by a thief)

Chapter 21 (4)

Side Story 1 (2, one opened by a thief)

Side Story 4 (4, one opened by a thief)

So that's 23 chests total plus 6 in the guaranteed Side Stories, 20 plus 4 of which aren't opened by thieves. You get a total of 2 chest keys (and 2 more in Side Story 1) and 2 Master Keys (chapter 21 only).

I believe this is the list of things obtained from main story and Side Story 1-4 chests:

Energy Drop

Spirit Dust (x2)

Secret Book (x2)

Goddess Icon

Boots

Arms Scroll

Master Seal

Second Seal (x2)

Bullion M (x2)

Bullion L (x4)

Beaststone+

Dragonstone+

Mend

Fortify

Rescue (x2)

Killer Lance (x2)

Killing Edge

Levin Sword

Noble Rapier

Plus I guess one item I missed. And this excludes all the items in child side stories you might happen to unlock.

So, is Locktouch reasonably placed, given all this wad of information?