I'm sure no one cares but... this happened

Fateborn

As you may be aware of Zoe Quinn.

Well, she's trying to shut down a company making a game production for women because she didn't like them.

So a certain site group decided to take advantage of that opposition and supported the company, TFYC.

Image containing major of the information in the spoiler. SFW.

What's your thought on this?

I don't care about Zoe Quinn or about her immoral affairs, but I cared a little enough to post it here.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not big for 4chan since areas of it are pretty much internet hell, but I'm glad there's a video game project going towards helping cancer victims and giving women more of a creative voice for at least one indie game.

Edited by Alertcircuit

yeah I've heard about this recently, apparently everyone hates this Zoe Quinn chick (and Phil Fish, though that isn't anything new) now yet I only know the basics

Edited by Tryhard

I have no opinion towards the Zoe Quinn controversy, since it's very possible it's true but it's very possible it's also false (a guy crazy enough to start a blog about his ex cheating on him is also likely to be stupid enough to doctor up some fake facebook chats), and there's debate over whether not it's appropriate to have active discussions about the sexlives of strangers. Her trying to shut down this charity program is kinda dumb though.

I like Vivian. She looks like she hates people.

She reminds me of me.

Why all the hate?

There's enough hatred and violence in this world.

Edited by Naughx

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it 8/8

hm... 6 8s...

each word thing has 1-3 symbols

6-8=2, and each word thing that has 2 letters has 8 in it except for, "it"

4 word things have 8s and 2 letters

8-2=6

6-4=2

1+3=4

4-2=2

plus the one from, "it" as, "it" is the only word with no 8

so 2+1=3

Illuminati sign triangle thing has 3 sides

so

Half life thr- I mean

Illuminati confirmed

Edited by PixelmanFE

The Zoe Quinn thing is massively overblown hearsay being used to justify doxxing and scorched-earth harassment. That anybody cares about her sex life is a special kind of stupid on its own, but the guys they're so stubbornly saying she slept with didn't even directly review her bloody game, at least not in the "sit down and talk about it/give a statement of its perceived quality" sense. It's a fucking free/pay-what-you-want game in the first place, how could she even get like real substantial, corrupted benefit out of- ugh. muh corruption, muh games, muh muh

If some people on 4chan want to donate to a women's game jam to spite whoever, whatever. At least they've openly said they did it to thumb their noses, at, who, Anita Sarkeesian? It's not like you can lift a foot in /v/ without stepping in misanthropic, misogynist bile, and they don't try to hide it otherwise.

The Zoe Quinn thing is massively overblown hearsay being used to justify doxxing and scorched-earth harassment. That anybody cares about her sex life is a special kind of stupid on its own, but the guys they're so stubbornly saying she slept with didn't even directly review her bloody game, at least not in the "sit down and talk about it/give a statement of its perceived quality" sense. It's a fucking free/pay-what-you-want game in the first place, how could she even get like real substantial, corrupted benefit out of- ugh. muh corruption, muh games, muh muh

If some people on 4chan want to donate to a women's game jam to spite whoever, whatever. At least they've openly said they did it to thumb their noses, at, who, Anita Sarkeesian? It's not like you can lift a foot in /v/ without stepping in misanthropic, misogynist bile, and they don't try to hide it otherwise.

perhaps videos such as this and this would be more fruitful. While blunt, it's a lot more focused on the corruption than her sex life. Not saying I'm in total agreement with it, but it is certainly better.

(this person obviously has personal bias but it was still worth watching IMO. and now I just noticed that it was mentioned at the top of that image, ops)

that said i'm just gonna remain ambivalent or apathetic.

Edited by Tryhard

I don't feel like arguing with people here because I'm already doing that on tumblr but i'll just say this:

If your sexlife is interfering with the journalistic process and thereby affecting a billion dollar industry, it is no longer a private affair.

Welp, this just happened

4Qtpos6.png

UQxphl5.png

First image came from clicking around on the tab I'd still had open, the second is trying to visit the site from afresh...

I don't understand how it is 2014 and some people --assumedly internet savvy people-- can still seriously lack knowledge of how 4chan and its boards work.